New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You could just have lengthened the wheatfield and made the Gorgie and the school ends shallower.  If you'd taken a meter or 2 from both the Gorgie and the school it would have been fine.. Would maybe even have increased capacity. 

Yes, because making stands smaller is a surefire way of increasing capacity! 

12 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Some guys were still working away when I was there. A few days ago, the guy at the gate - who may not know much more than us - told me that the work to complete the end won't take them long - "a couple of days" was his assessment.

A couple of days,let me think, finish steelwork,steel decking upper,concrete lower,roofing,cladding,seats,segregation fencing,just of the top of my head could have missed something.Still you could check with the guy on the gate.

2 minutes ago, obua said:

A couple of days,let me think, finish steelwork,steel decking upper,concrete lower,roofing,cladding,seats,segregation fencing,just of the top of my head could have missed something.Still you could check with the guy on the gate.

In fairness, he was talking about closing it off - the cladding etc. He said to ask obua about the rest........

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

In fairness, he was talking about closing it off - the cladding etc. He said to ask obua about the rest........

Good response

All roads lead to Gorgie
37 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Looking good! A few of those bollards need straightening up though. :(

Too many drivers being dazzled by our new stand and not looking where they are going :smile:

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Ran round to take a snap this evening.....

06_original.jpg?v54707516538051

What a difference. from auld Bertie.

How many clubs outside the EPL can spunk £15m on a project and have no debt.

Cant wait until we kick on - on the park a well.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Could be wrong but I think that was against Hibs in March 1996.  Think the players are observing a minutes silence for the Dunblane shootings.  Pretty sure the match finished 0-0.

That match was 1-1. We were losing as well until Gary Mackay scored a late equaliser. 

40 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Unfortunately they are nothing to do with the club...that for the council to deal with, which hopefully they do very soon, maybe a wee nudge to the right department will help.... :wink:

Why are the bollards black ? they should be maroon with white trim ! :whistling:

36 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Some guys were still working away when I was there. A few days ago, the guy at the gate - who may not know much more than us - told me that the work to complete the end won't take them long - "a couple of days" was his assessment.

So did you mean finish the end or do the cladding.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Popped along tonight and it was great to see the badge up!! It was a little dark so I hope my pic is clear enough :)

646A08A6-CB92-4164-9E1B-6F28EB12AFD8.jpeg

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Popped along tonight and it was great to see the badge up!! It was a little dark so I hope my pic is clear enough :)

Pic of the thread

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Could be wrong but I think that was against Hibs in March 1996.  Think the players are observing a minutes silence for the Dunblane shootings.  Pretty sure the match finished 0-0.

Any idea why seated enclosure at the Gorgie side of the tunnel is empty ?

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

When did they fill the corners in.

Just now, obua said:

When did they fill the corners in.

Well, I spoke to the workie who’s always smoking, he said they decided to do it tonight before knocking off.  

Press Conf called for 8am

#WantTheCornersFilled?

#MeToo

:)

10 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I take it it's a video shot and you've panned along the full length of the stand? 

Could I suggest you maybe do it a bit quicker the next time. 

Edited by JohnB

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Well, I spoke to the workie who’s always smoking, he said they decided to do it tonight before knocking off.  

Press Conf called for 8am

#WantTheCornersFilled?

#MeToo

:)

The workies are always smoking that’s why we are still playing at muddyfield.

4 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I take it it's a video shot and you've panned along the full length of the stand? 

Could I suggest you maybe do it a bit quicker the next time. 

Zoomed in a bit too close to the letters I think :(

Busby nets the rebound
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Unfortunately they are nothing to do with the club...that for the council to deal with, which hopefully they do very soon, maybe a wee nudge to the right department will help.... :wink:

I agree nothing to do with the construction works... :th_wink1: 

2 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

The badge looks a lot bigger than I thought it would be.  I think it will look tremendous.

Long way to stretch for those workies!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, because making stands smaller is a surefire way of increasing capacity! 

Another genius sarcastic post

You'd have lengthened the wheatfield (and now the main) by a similar amount thus would mitigate the shallower depth

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

The Future's Maroon
53 minutes ago, obua said:

The workies are always smoking that’s why we are still playing at muddyfield.

Says a non-smoker on site!

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

That's the problem with black signs!

I though you were all for the black lettering?

Montgomery Brewster
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You'd have lengthened the wheatfield (and now the main) by a similar amount thus would mitigate the shallower depth

There was no way we could have extended the wheatfield anymore.  The stand heights and gradients were the maximum we could have got. The gorgie And roseburn stands couldn't go any further back and therefore a reduced gradient would have meant less rows and hence a smaller stand. 

This was even explained at a shareholders doo I was at that jimmy Clydesdale was on. 

The Future's Maroon
42 minutes ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

I agree nothing to do with the construction works... :th_wink1: 

Mmmmm, maybe if you had been in the area in the last four or five years you would know those bollards have been goosed for ages, nowt to do with the construction work which has been going on.

(can I add, I'm not sure if your post was serious or sarcastic....hence my reply).

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When being sarcastic best making sure it doesn't come back and bite you.. We could have lengthened the pitch easily (in the 90`s) if we'd wanted to 

Come back and bite me bud lol, anyway lighten up it was meant as a joke ?

kingantti1874
51 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Come back and bite me bud lol, anyway lighten up it was meant as a joke ?

Apologies. A bit snappy today. 

I've seen footnotes and small print bigger than the "TYNECASTLE PARK" lettering.

Disappointing.

Edited by peter_hmfc

jamboinglasgow

Quickly stopped outside it this evening, the Hearts badge is going to be massive and looks fantastic. Was unsure of the lettering as it seemed hard to see but that may be because its night, the lettering is dark and not lit up yet.

Certainly a lot of changes with the plaza since I saw it last week. Intrigued by the area with the steps (I am sure Thommo explained what it is earlier but didn't catch it as its many pages back.) 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

You gone teatotal? Didn't see you all the time I was back, saw your dad often enough. (hope I have the right person here)

The Future's Maroon
48 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You gone teatotal? Didn't see you all the time I was back, saw your dad often enough. (hope I have the right person here)

You do have the right person mate, not quite tee total...just off the bevy at the moment J!

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You'd lose significantly more seats from the Gorgie stand by removing rows than you'd be able to add to the other stands by lengthening them by the distance freed up.

12 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Can you see the Seagram Building in there Franny?

Sexton Hardcastle
20 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

So based on the fact the club crest is going on the new stand and since we had the club crest on the old stand, you've come to the conclusion it's literally the same one?

Never said anything about the crest. I was referring to the size of the signage. Read the post properly.

22 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'd love it, Kevin Keegan style, if we fitted out the away dressing room in the style of a Sunday League football changing room.

What you mean like the home dressing room at Easter Road ?

11 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

There was no way we could have extended the wheatfield anymore.  The stand heights and gradients were the maximum we could have got. The gorgie And roseburn stands couldn't go any further back and therefore a reduced gradient would have meant less rows and hence a smaller stand. 

This was even explained at a shareholders doo I was at that jimmy Clydesdale was on. 

I think what the poster was suggesting is that we could have made the Wheatfield longer and reduced the sizes of the Gorgie and/or Roseburn. 

Yes, there would be less rows between 1 or 2 of goals, but the Wheatfield would have been longer, adding seats there. It would have also meant that more seats in the old main would have stayed in use - Sections of upper N and upper T were blocked by the floodlight pylons of the Roseburn and Gorgie. A longer wheatfield means that wouldn't have happened and also the current stand getting built would also have been longer. 

While we're discussing, maybe the best action would have been opting for a cantilever design back in the early 90s, freeing up the potential of filling in the corners. 

Edited by Toggie88

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

I've seen footnotes and small print bigger than the "TYNECASTLE PARK" lettering.

Disappointing.

No, no you haven't.

49 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'd love it, Kevin Keegan style, if we fitted out the away dressing room in the style of a Sunday League football changing room.

Yea, could've just kept the old one. Built the new stand around it and say it's  'history preservation' or something, justifying it with some really shitty plaque to a complete non-event. 

"This changing room is preserved from the Archibald Leith stand

to mark the spot Jose Quitongo once mistakenly entered the wrong dressing room

and got subsequently lost.

Circa MCMXCVIII

150840601521434?54298

Lest we forget."

Edited by Toggie88

Allowayjambo1874

I appreciate many posters are not of a certain vintage but just want to clarify something. When we started to redevelop in the 90s Behind the Wheatfield stood bonded warehouses, behind the Roseburn was a fully operational and functioning school and behind the gorgie were the flats that stand today.

in other words we were completely land locked. 

WE COULD NOT BUILD CANTILEVER STYLE  STANDS, THERE WAS NO ROOM. 

For the love of god please inwardly digest and process this information, it’s been done to death.

The fact the warehouses have since been pulled down and the school has been moved was irrelevant 20 odd years ago. 

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In hindsight a cantilever design would have been wiser back in the 90s.

I vaguely remember talk that it wasn't possible without compromising capacity, something to do with the Wheatfield side being hemmed in by the distillery wall

Gene Parmesan

I love our stadium design. It is unique, intimidating and incredibly atmospheric. There's nowhere like it.

I dearly hope we are hit with a situation in the future where we have to investigate ways to expand. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In hindsight a cantilever design would have been wiser back in the 90s.

4 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

I vaguely remember talk that it wasn't possible without compromising capacity, something to do with the Wheatfield side being hemmed in by the distillery wall

Looking back at pics, I can understand that being an issue (Wheatfield would have lost a few rows off the top). I don't know if that could have been made up with the corners of the W/Gorgie and W/Roseburn both being filled in. 

Anyway, all in an alternate reality. 

One benefit of our current design as I understand it, is that the Wheatfield could now be expanded out the back. This would still require a new roof but would have probably been a good bit trickier with a cantilever design. 

Edited by Toggie88

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Never said anything about the crest. I was referring to the size of the signage. Read the post properly.

So what are you talking about? You can’t be meaning the new ‘Tynecastle Park’ sign. And you’ve said it’s not the crest. So what?

You made no reference to size in your original post... you said based on the original signage it looked like we were saving a few quid by reusing, or words to that effect. 

Maybe eloborate in your post next time...

Edited by Apache Mal