New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Tynecastle template as far as i know.

Is it not the same width, but a bit longer?

(I'll wait....)

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Come on FF ,don't you think that CL would just have said that then ? 

Its not cloak and dagger stuff , we are trying to get the game on for the 5th but have a plan B , that's it . 

Exactly this. Much ado about sweet feck all.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Which is stating the obvious.

True, but we haven't done any work at that end of the stand for weeks. Possibly its because it needs to be open for the big plant to get access to the front, but still doesn't look like it can be done in 3 weeks to me.

On 11/10/2017 at 11:12, Erik said:

The default response to this is that the previous plan (with an opening date of September) essentially went out the window when the delays were announced and the revised date of 5th November was announced.

The plan and order of work was reprioritised at that stage, although looking between the lines - I think its pretty clear to most that, seats or no seats, we were never making the September deadline.

But yeah, that's the answer - we're in a different position now thanks to a different plan.

If the re-planning means that we're still going to miss the date even with a 2 month extension though, that will be pretty poor in my opinion.

It’s looking like it’s going ‘to the wire’ on readiness.

The reprioritised plan was either;

1. Correct plan but key dates have been missed or,

2. It was over ambitious with no contingency time for unforeseen activities built in.

Unfortunately it now all feels very tight. By now I’d have expected key equipment eg fire fighting equipment (extinguishers) etc and all signage eg exit signs to be in place. Equipment testing eg smoke detection, lighting etc in progress. Staff (stewards) training, facility familiarisation etc to be happening to ensure crowd safety . Police, ambulance & fire authorities public events plans etc development near completetion etc.

Regardless whenever it’s ready TYNECASTLE PARK will be fantastic!

Gene Parmesan
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Levein said that we had the pitch dimensions made the same as Tynecastle for the Aberdeen game so would imagine the same for Saturday.

It's the same width, but longer, as the goalposts go in where the rugby posts usually are.

36 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Whatever the badge is made of in the pictures shown has creases in it,

Does it? Looks like it could just be reflections.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's the same width, but longer, as the goalposts go in where the rugby posts usually are.

Both Tynecastle and international rugby pitches are 100m long.

Just now, Rudolf said:

I wonder if we could alter it for the St Johnstone game.. 

We needed it tight for a tough battle against Aberdeen and possibly again against Rangers..

However St Johnstone where they are much better on the tight pitch I wonder if we have the opportunity to widen it to give ourselves more space..

If it's not ready on the 5th Nov, it's not the end of the world, but it is a bit disappointing considering they should have been ready to take the support two months before, we have years and years to live with the new stand but someone should get their arse kicked if there is another delay because after the first missed date they should have been careful in their forecasting.

Gene Parmesan
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Both Tynecastle and international rugby pitches are 100m long.

Better tell Craig Levein and the Murrayfield groundstaff bro.

Generic Username
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From FB

image.thumb.png.d57f6c875375786db4e0bf46e1141c47.png

2 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Does it? Looks like it could just be reflections.

Those aren't reflections. Evidently it's not fitted "flush" yet and requires more tinkering and appears to have a bit of a sunken section in the middle, so I'm sure it'll look grand once completely done. I appreciate the symbolism attached to the badge going back up on the front of the stand, I just personally didn't have it in my mind we'd be putting a sheet of plastic over an outline of a heart.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Levein said that we had the pitch dimensions made the same as Tynecastle for the Aberdeen game so would imagine the same for Saturday.

A bit longer but same width 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-make-bt-murrayfield-pitch-same-width-as-tynecastle-1-4553961/amp

Won't it simply be a protective thin sheet of clear plastic...which will be pulled off once the build is finished (i.e. like what you get on a new phone to protect the screen)?

My OCD over detail is once again nitpicking...but I'd have moved the badge slightly lower, so that the point at bottom went into the row or windows below more.

Also think the lettering should have been spaced out more in Tynecastle Park...after seeing a picture of illuminated letters earlier in the thread. The lighting on those letters gave an outline of the letter that wasn't touched by the neighbouring letter...our sign (if it's the same backlit lighting), the light will basically just bleed into each neighbouring letter...rather than giving an outline (i think?!).

But cest la vie...still fecking awesome!

Edited by Deviskan

Generic Username
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Won't it simply be a protective thin sheet of clear plastic...which will be pulled off once the build is finished (i.e. like what you get on a new phone to protect the screen)?

Could well be something like that. Perhaps when it's been flattened out/tightened and the lighting put on it'll all be grand. This is the downside of us having instant access to images where things aren't 100%. It doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to ask the question.

18 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

The huge surprise is that that machine is going to streeeetchhhh those letters across the whole facade!

You've had me chuckling a lot lately scott. Keep it up please. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

If it’s to be backlit like the lettering, then they’d have spent more time today, wiring it in, surely?

The metal back box/heart outline that was fixed up last night has the led lights and wiring etc in it. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Better tell Craig Levein and the Murrayfield groundstaff bro.

Assuming CL is right and the pitch is 5m longer than Tynecastle, it just means that the football goal posts can't be in the same position as the rugby ones.

From the laws of rugby union

1.2 Required dimensions for the playing enclosure
(a) Dimensions. The field of play does not exceed 100 metres in length. Each in-goal  does not exceed 22 metres in length. The playing area does not exceed 70 metres in width.

4 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Those aren't reflections. Evidently it's not fitted "flush" yet and requires more tinkering and appears to have a bit of a sunken section in the middle, so I'm sure it'll look grand once completely done. I appreciate the symbolism attached to the badge going back up on the front of the stand, I just personally didn't have it in my mind we'd be putting a sheet of plastic over an outline of a heart.

It's a vinyl print, back lit on clear shaped heart so the lighting can illuminate the badge - what's your isssue?  Do you know how these things are designed and used?  Any experience of graphics?  Of were you expecting it to be cast from the ore extracted from the Royal Mile - then back lit through the iron. 

The best for a quality seemless finish - is the one we've installed.

The best for illuminating from the rear - is the one we've installed.

The best for longevity - is the one we've installed.

The best for removing and replacing - is the one we've installed.

The one on the old stand was fitted in 2 sections and you could see the split down the middle, it was also fading.

You'll be moaning about there only being white sugar at the food kiosks next.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

If it’s to be backlit like the lettering, then they’d have spent more time today, wiring it in, surely?

What was the Old Stand’s Heart made of?

I’d be more than a little bit surprised if the finished article is some sort of vinyl. One that has to stand up to the rigours of intense heat blazing through it for hours.

Maybe Thomaso, or Obua can shed some (ahem) light.

Intense heat?  From an LED???  You ever touched an LED?

King Of The Cat Cafe
14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

If it's not ready on the 5th Nov, it's not the end of the world, but it is a bit disappointing considering they should have been ready to take the support two months before, we have years and years to live with the new stand but someone should get their arse kicked if there is another delay because after the first missed date they should have been careful in their forecasting.

No: as long as it's at Murrayfield. 

:(  staring at tickets already bought for travel on November 5 :( 

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Assuming CL is right and the pitch is 5m longer than Tynecastle, it just means that the football goal posts can't be in the same position as the rugby ones.

From the laws of rugby union

1.2 Required dimensions for the playing enclosure
(a) Dimensions. The field of play does not exceed 100 metres in length. Each in-goal  does not exceed 22 metres in length. The playing area does not exceed 70 metres in width.

Is it 100 meters from try line to try line or does that include the space behind the goals where trys can be scored...

Ps. To those asking, of course that's the final badge. It looks just as good as the old one. 

Not one of you will know what the old one was made of nor will you have ever g9ven it a though but there are some on here desperate to complain about what the new one is made from.

Edited by hughesie27

Generic Username
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

It's a vinyl print, back lit on clear shaped heart so the lighting can illuminate the badge - what's your isssue?  Do you know how these things are designed and used?  Any experience of graphics?  Of were you expecting it to be cast from the ore extracted from the Royal Mile - then back lit through the iron. 

The one on the old stand was fitted in 2 sections and you could see the split down the middle, it was also fading.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon? Christ. I'm not stood at the front of the stand with a black bag full of tiny replica stands kicking them up MacLeod Street.

My original question was whether it was the finished article and if it was just a plastic covering - so we've now established, thanks in part to you going bananas, is that it's actually a thin vinyl print, that'll be smoothed out to remove the apparent "creases" in it and then backlit with the electrics housed in the casing put up yesterday? Awesome. That was literally all I was after, just a bit of information.

I think I've got about 11 posts on a 500 odd page thread so let's not be angling at me being one of the fizzers who's been on here for months going mental about things.

The badge looks great but as another poster has mentioned there seems to be some creasing/bumfeling (sp) at the point of the badge. Hopefully this is rectified as my OCD couldn't cope. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still might want some clubs off you in the new year, so I’m keeping you onside.

:lol:

LOL - happy to help!  Liam is the man to beat next season with a new driver in the bag!  :)  I think I should ignore this thread until the stand is finished!

Sounds like we will be playing in front of 3 stands on the 5th with the new stand not housing supporters, would be my guest. They say they are determined to get the game on but kinda didn’t mention having the stand ready which is what makes me think we’d be happy to play with the new stand closed for the 5th. That’s only my take on it all, maybe be total non sense and un do able but that’s my guess. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Sounds like we will be playing in front of 3 stands on the 5th with the new stand not housing supporters, would be my guest. They say they are determined to get the game on but kinda didn’t mention having the stand ready which is what makes me think we’d be happy to play with the new stand closed for the 5th. That’s only my take on it all, maybe be total non sense and un do able but that’s my guess. 

So an auction to decide who among season ticket holders gets a seat?

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Cant see that happening.

It'll be 4 stands or it'll be murrayfield.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Too many supporters to play in front of three stands

If delayed it'll be at Murrayfield

Generic Username

Ask the same question but not on JKB;

"It's a thick synthetic, like the material used on the roof of Oriam. It will be head sealed around the metal outline"

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

So an auction to decide who among season ticket holders gets a seat?

Very good point haha. Murrayfield it is then. Sad face. 

It is just a material that is stretched over the frame. When it’s finished and all the creases are out it will look great. 

Does appear to to be a nightmare to put up though. They get creases out of one part and they appear elsewhere

F8AB4677-59E3-4093-81E7-D64638620081.thumb.jpeg.85bd2b696f03fa4475d095cbd4ac578e.jpeg

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Very good point haha. Murrayfield it is then. 

It is a very tight timescale 

Need to send tickets out for example 

2 minutes ago, jimthejambo said:

It is just a material that is stretched over the frame. When it’s finished and all the creases are out it will look great. 

Does appear to to be a nightmare to put up though. They get creases out of one part and they appear elsewhere

F8AB4677-59E3-4093-81E7-D64638620081.thumb.jpeg.85bd2b696f03fa4475d095cbd4ac578e.jpeg

It looks great 

19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

ONLY WHITE SUGAR - RAGIN

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Is it 100 meters from try line to try line or does that include the space behind the goals where trys can be scored...

The "Field of Play" is try line to try line - this is 100 metres.  The in-goal (try scoring) area is a max 22 m but may be shorter. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is a very tight timescale 

Need to send tickets out for example 

Yup and its for reasons such as that one that they will need to make a call sooner rather than later on it.

Simple waiting up till the night before to make a call on where the game will be played isn't an option for reasons such as that.

At some point in the next few days I'd imagine, someone is going to have to make a call on whether we will play the match at Tynie or Murrayfield.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Small print bigger than what looks like at least 2 and a half foot lettering?

Specsavers for you...

2 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

No, no you haven't.

"Oh no it's okay I found it, s-a-r-c-a-s-m."

:vrface:

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, jimthejambo said:

We could iron it once a week, although i. knew somebody who ironed his curtains and fell out the windae 

8 minutes ago, jimthejambo said:

It will be all right on the night.  I am sure whoever manufactured the sign has still to be paid in full (warranty period).

21 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

No: as long as it's at Murrayfield. 

:(  staring at tickets already bought for travel on November 5 :( 

Yeah they will have to confirm soon. I’ve held off getting my travel organised until I know, what’s happening. 

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

We could iron it once a week, although i. knew somebody who ironed his curtains and fell out the windae 

Add it to the multi-million pound window cleaning contract :thumbsup: