New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

27 minutes ago, tian447 said:

See, I thought this too, but his join date is over 10 years ago and he's a premium member. 

Surely not that much effort goes into creating a troll account? 

Maybe is is just another depressing drainer of a Hearts fan that thinks the new High School does look more interesting than the new stand . 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The crest is a bit too grey for my liking :whistling:

But it does blend in nicely with the background, don't you think?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I think the club website is pretty shite, with outdated information in bits, things hard to find (the eTicketing link is tiny and not obvious)

Could be simplified a lot

It was a huge improvement on what there was at the time. Although, it’s now outdated, and the information architecture is a disgrace.

HeartsTV is also pretty abysmal UX wise.

Footballfirst
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

But it does blend in nicely with the background, don't you think?

Yes. It's particularly effective on a grey day like today.

Mid Calder Jambo
36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Only 180 on a toilet roll actually! :lol:

Edit - literally just checked the pack haha

There is obviously not as much sheeite being spouted on this thread as I thought then.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

We are now looking for staff to work in the new stand.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6267

"If you would like to work for a Premiership football club who value staff by paying the living wage of £8.45* per hour and holiday pay and want to have fun working as a team, please contact us straight away!"

Got to give club some recognition for that. Casual part time employment but paying living wage (as they've done for a while now) and holiday pay.

17 hours ago, DougieHMFC said:

:laugh: Looks absolutely shite. So wee.

Just been and had a look at the stand. Take the above back. It looks much much better in person.

19 hours ago, richierich said:

Does anyone know if this hedge will be removed?  I'm hoping it's just there while the building work is being undertaken and it's taken away to open up the plaza :)

Hedge stays though does look better in artist impression

new-hearts-main-stand-tynecastle-edinbur

What is it about May 16 that makes it Hibs? I hear May 16, the first thing I think of is "Amoruso lets it run...." 

Not getting any Hibs connection at all. 

Edited by Normthebarman

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

A wider view from FB

image.png.3ba536bda0014b3dc7b9241bdf8531c1.png

When I saw the pictures of the name yesterday, I was one of the ones who thought the lettering was too small.

I drove past to see it  on my way home last night, though, and as others have said, it looked so much better when viewed live and in the context of its surroundings.

The size of the badge already looks impressive enough on here. I think it might be quite breathtaking when seen in the flesh. 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm sure it will be given a short back and sides ;)

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Looking for chefs "of all levels". Sounds ominous...

Change chefs to left backs, and I think. Have found our recruitment issue...

I was under the impression from the club that we'd be getting two big screens. Screens would be nice - not just as a vanity project but they can actually pay for themselves through advertising revenue -  but not essential to the club. We've went 143 years without,. 

I was also under the impression from the club though that we'd have a glass curtain wall and the other three stands would be getting work done on them, all part of the budget. 

None of this takes away from the achievement building this stand is for the club. Two years ago the idea that be where we are infrastructure wise would be viewed as optimistic/delusional - so hats off to everyone involved in the project, FoH and everyone else that has made this come together. 

All that being said, I can't help but wonder why the club didn't at least release images of the plans that we're working towards. While having the benefit of managing fans expectations a little, it would also perhaps have helped with funding - a model of the proposed stadium next to the cash cow in the store might have lead to a few more people putting their hands in their pocket. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes. It's particularly effective on a grey day like today.

Which, let's face it, makes it blend perfectly most days with the whole of Edinburgh! One thing, though, that we seem to be avoiding on the thread is; will it be too high up to spit on, or will the club have a nice wee earner charging a fiver a time for a lift up to gobbing range on the cherry picker?

Folks who are denigrating the look of the Stand need to remember we are only spending what we can afford on it at present circa £12m. £51m to meet grandiose aspirations was never going to happen unless a mega rich Russian came along. 

PhoenixHearts

Minor gripe about the badge that I've had since spotting it in the artists impressions is the two lower panels behind the badge.... wish they were clear rather than the grey ones. Can understand this is probably to do with hiding electronics etc and I know it's going to look magnificent regardless.

Rip me to bits for my trivial observation and blow it all out of proportion, as is customary.

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Which, let's face it, makes it blend perfectly most days with the whole of Edinburgh! One thing, though, that we seem to be avoiding on the thread is; will it be too high up to spit on, or will the club have a nice wee earner charging a fiver a time for a lift up to gobbing range on the cherry picker?

Anyone who stoops low enough to any sort of vandalism of an opposing team's ground (any team), will undoubtedly also be stupid and attention seeking enough that they post it on social media and quickly get found out. 

That being said, I think all the chat of potential vandalism are completely unfounded. I mean, how many acts of vandalism have we seen against Hearts by Hibs fans or vice-versa in the last 20 years? 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Anyone who stoops low enough to any sort of vandalism of an opposing team's ground (any team), will undoubtedly also be stupid and attention seeking enough that they post it on social media and quickly get found out. 

That being said, I think all the chat of potential vandalism are completely unfounded. I mean, how many acts of vandalism have we seen against Hearts by Hibs fans or vice-versa in the last 20 years? 

I wasn't referring to acts of vandalism by rival fans, but rather making a tongue in cheek reference to the earlier exchanges on this thread where some people thought it would be appropriate to spit on the mosaic badge in the plazza. Though I would see such spitting as pretty much an act of vandalism, myself.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Green!? It should be cut down and replaced. 

20171018_141920.png

13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Folks who are denigrating the look of the Stand need to remember we are only spending what we can afford on it at present circa £12m. £51m to meet grandiose aspirations was never going to happen unless a mega rich Russian came along. 

I wonder what Roman Romanov is up to these days. His Dad's obviously busy evading the Lithuanian authorities, but what's Rodney doing with himself? 

Edited by Toggie88

21 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I was under the impression from the club that we'd be getting two big screens. Screens would be nice - not just as a vanity project but they can actually pay for themselves through advertising revenue -  but not essential to the club. We've went 143 years without,. 

I was also under the impression from the club though that we'd have a glass curtain wall and the other three stands would be getting work done on them, all part of the budget. 

None of this takes away from the achievement building this stand is for the club. Two years ago the idea that be where we are infrastructure wise would be viewed as optimistic/delusional - so hats off to everyone involved in the project, FoH and everyone else that has made this come together. 

All that being said, I can't help but wonder why the club didn't at least release images of the plans that we're working towards. While having the benefit of managing fans expectations a little, it would also perhaps have helped with funding - a model of the proposed stadium next to the cash cow in the store might have lead to a few more people putting their hands in their pocket. 

The last artists impression of the façade released by the Club some months ago showed exactly what was to be built.

The detailed plans were also lodged with Council Building Control months ago which are all available on line.

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I wasn't referring to acts of vandalism by rival fans, but rather making a tongue in cheek reference to the earlier exchanges on this thread where some people thought it would be appropriate to spit on the mosaic badge in the plazza. Though I would see such spitting as pretty much an act of vandalism, myself.

Ah, fair do's. 

I was wondering about the spitting myself. While I would sort of understand it being a thing, I'd rather it wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Owns a very successful landscape gardening business, in Vilnius.

Is that right? Not doubting you at all by the way. 

He might be supplying us with the trees for paved area and future grass for the playing surface!

::troll::

23 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Er...it did. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5898

PS. When did the club ever release images showing big screens?

Just now, Barack said:

:lol:  No, I’m just messing. Knowing him & his family, he might well be involved with grass in fairness. Just not the sort that’s legit.  

I’d have thought he was also enjoying Comrade Putin’s hospitality somewhere.

:oconnor:

Number 1 customer. :geek:

Just now, Thomaso said:

The last artists impression of the façade released by the Club some months ago showed exactly what was to be built.

The detailed plans were also lodged with Council Building Control months ago which are all available on line.

Was it released by the club? I remember it appearing on the here ("the pub pic") and subsequently appearing on the Season Ticket brochure (I think), but it was never "released" in any formal way. The only artists impression released was the original concept design with curtain wall, unless I'm mistaken. 

Regardless, neither of these showed any artists impressions of what it look like pitchside. As you point out, the detailed plans were lodged on the council website (which they legally have to be) but those plans didn't include artists impressions. Why did nobody think to get artists impressions done from these? Getting someone to make a model wouldn't have be difficult either. 

P.s. apologies if I'm sounding like a grumpy barsteward. Not my intention, just pointing something out which could alleviated some of rumours/misunderstandings people have had in relation to the stand. I've had thoughts about how this project could have be handled differently but at the end of the day, I'm just delighted we're getting a new stand and can't wait for it to be open. I normally only pop my head in here for the pics. 

39 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

What is it about May 16 that makes it Hibs? I hear May 16, the first thing I think of is "Amoruso lets it run...." 

Not getting any Hibs connection at all. 

Winning the Scottish Cup in May 2016.

The guy clearly isn't one of them though :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Er...it did. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5898

PS. When did the club ever release images showing big screens?

That's a press release about reinstating the name 'Tynecastle Park' while happening to include an artist's impression I referred to in my response to Thomaso. As I said to him, what I meant was an actual mock-up of the plans which were submitted to the council (and are working towards) and maybe a model to be placed in the shop. 

I never said there was images with big screens. I said I was led to believe there would be screens by the club (other posters have already posted the links on here). 

It looks 1000000000000x better than the old shanner that stood there before. Something to be proper proud of, outside and in. **** the haters! 

2 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Was it released by the club? I remember it appearing on the here ("the pub pic") and subsequently appearing on the Season Ticket brochure (I think), but it was never "released" in any formal way. The only artists impression released was the original concept design with curtain wall, unless I'm mistaken. 

Regardless, neither of these showed any artists impressions of what it look like pitchside. As you point out, the detailed plans were lodged on the council website (which they legally have to be) but those plans didn't include artists impressions. Why did nobody think to get artists impressions done from these? Getting someone to make a model wouldn't have be difficult either. 

P.s. apologies if I'm sounding like a grumpy barsteward. Not my intention, just pointing something out which could alleviated some of rumours/misunderstandings people have had in relation to the stand. I've had thoughts about how this project could have be handled differently but at the end of the day, I'm just delighted we're getting a new stand and can't wait for it to be open. I normally only pop my head in here for the pics. 

The "Pub pic" was the final image that the Club formally released.  That image has been used by the Club quite a few times over the last few months when making various announcements.

By the way this final image showed curtain wall and that is what has been installed.    You are confusing the 'glass baffle screen' concept that was shown on a very early preliminary computer image that was going around when the Club first went in for planning - the reason the Club went away from that type of design has been explained in depth on here ad nauseum.

A model for display might have been a good idea however that costs money that the Club may have felt was better spent elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It looks 1000000000000x better than the old shanner that stood there before. Something to be proper proud of, outside and in. **** the haters! 

This.

It was only a few years ago the old stand got glass in the windows!

Edited by EH11 2NL

48 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Minor gripe about the badge that I've had since spotting it in the artists impressions is the two lower panels behind the badge.... wish they were clear rather than the grey ones. Can understand this is probably to do with hiding electronics etc and I know it's going to look magnificent regardless.

Rip me to bits for my trivial observation and blow it all out of proportion, as is customary

You are correct - unfortunately it was not possible to have these panels in vision glass.

2 hours ago, Professor Yaffle said:

Negative???????

May 16th 1998???????????

Doh ! Accept my apology for being a bit dim May16

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A model for display might have been a good idea however that costs money that the Club may have felt was better spent elsewhere.

I don't think cost would have been much of a hinderance on a model. I mean, we had one back in early nineties well before the days of 3D printers being able to rattle them off in a few hours. 

As I said, could've incentivised a few more people to visit the shop and put cash in the cash cow, maybe even folk would've spent something more in the shop. Anyway, coulda, shoulda, woulda... we are where we are. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Anyone seen a taxi along Mcleod St recently? Need more photies of the badge  :whistling:

Mr Sifter doing another drugs run to Clovenstone lol

2 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I don't think cost would have been much of a hinderance on a model. I mean, we had one back in early nineties well before the days of 3D printers being able to rattle them off in a few hours. 

As I said, could've incentivised a few more people to visit the shop and put cash in the cash cow, maybe even folk would've spent something more in the shop. Anyway, coulda, shoulda, woulda... we are where we are. 

We could have auctioned off the model - would have raised a few quid - I'm sure quire a few wealthy Jambo's would have bid for it!     :wonga:

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

I am not aware of the final cost however I anticipate it being around £14m - and for the size and quality of the stand/office/corporate/plaza development THAT is fantastic value for money.