:whistling:

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s one massive coach that must seat about 10,000 people :rolleyes2:

It's Jose mourinhos bus, last seen at Anfield 

Edited by Bozi

7 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Big font, big sign....no class.

IMG_0326.JPG

This was the first stage of Sevco’s “wrap bits of Ibrox in plastic to stop it crumbling” scheme.

They’ve put wrap around stuff over the staircases they have at either end of their Archibald Leitch stand too.

Reeks of a club who can’t afford to repair their ground.

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Does look like the lighting is being installed so it goes on straight away

You can install lighting but it still needs connected to mains.

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Does look like the lighting is being installed so it goes on straight away

The horizontal strips are the led,s the white boxes between the strips are the led drivers and probably came already fitted and just had to be plugged together.

scott herbertson
27 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Taken at 4pm

WP_20171018_15_50_45_Pro.jpg

The huge surprise is that that machine is going to streeeetchhhh those letters across the whole facade!

4 minutes ago, obua said:

You can install lighting but it still needs connected to mains.

Bugger,so you are saying this won't work? I will just get off the bus then 

BeaniePropellerCap--300x297.jpg

We used to have massive banner ads hanging off the old ticket office. Surprised there are any objections to having a stadium sign of proportionate size

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, obua said:

What’s the consumer unit connected to.

It will be connected to the array of solar cells on the roof, will it not?

..........  what do you mean the solar panels are not in the plans? :rolleyes5:

Just now, Disco Dave said:

We used to have massive banner ads hanging off the old ticket office. Surprised there are any objections to having a stadium sign of proportionate size

Must be something to do with the illumination

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It will be connected to the array of solar cells on the roof, will it not?

..........  what do you mean the solar panels are not in the plans? :rolleyes5:

They are going in the corners.

41 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

WP_20171018_15_52_58_Pro.jpg

That corner needs a lot of work to get it finished in time ... for fireworks on the 5th!!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

That corner needs a lot of work to get it finished in time ... for fireworks on the 5th!!

Pfft, Killie fans can just bring their wellies

1 hour ago, Different Class said:

DMbuokRW4AIT31Q.jpg:large

Random blast from the past (1996)

Absolutely brilliant picture. If ever there was a comprehensive illustration of "before" and "after" that is it! Where did you source that? Christ I had forgotten all about those stairs at the Gorgie end of The Wheatfield!

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Make a free dropbox account and shove all the pics on there so you won't lose them :)

I wasn't too worried about keeping them to be honest but for the sake of creating one of these dropbox accounts, perhaps you're right :)

...a bit disco
16 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

You still couldn't overtake though eh?

images (2).jpg

:seething:

Different Class
14 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Absolutely brilliant picture. If ever there was a comprehensive illustration of "before" and "after" that is it! Where did you source that? Christ I had forgotten all about those stairs at the Gorgie end of The Wheatfield!

@HomesOfFootball  on twitter. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Different Class said:

great photo. Its weird to think that picture is like a lot of Scottish stadiums, a mish mash of modern stands, old grandstands and old terracing. Think Fir Park, Fir Hill, Pittodrie, Dens Park etc. To go to what it is transforming into, is fantastic.

Ronald Villiers
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

image.png.0069f7aac3753d9e591e321c21a5c6f1.png

The badge looks a lot bigger than I thought it would be.  I think it will look tremendous.

2 hours ago, Different Class said:

Could be wrong but I think that was against Hibs in March 1996.  Think the players are observing a minutes silence for the Dunblane shootings.  Pretty sure the match finished 0-0.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Could be wrong but I think that was against Hibs in March 1996.  Think the players are observing a minutes silence for the Dunblane shootings.  Pretty sure the match finished 0-0.

Also, is that a pie stand at the bottom right of the pic? 

4 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Another blast from the past

BC48AFC7-8BD0-4EC2-B2E6-27D29C05B003.jpeg

Remember the SFA gave us grief for cutting the Hearts Crest shape into pitch.....knobs

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

2 hours ago, Different Class said:

Great photo.. Only thing I'd say is we really should have taken the opportunity to lengthen the pitch when we built the wheatfield 

2 minutes ago, jambokev said:

Remember the SFA gave us grief for cutting the Hearts Crest shape into pitch.....knobs

Ah!! I'd forgot about Gary Locke's lawnmower skills..

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great photo.. Only thing I'd say is we really should have taken the opportunity to lengthen the pitch when we built the wheatfield 

And  move the houses and shops on Gorgie Road when the Gorgie Stand was built ?

2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Yip, probably should have done that and built a tunnel under the stand for the traffic so that we didn’t lose Gorgie Road altogether, missed a trick with that one. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

You could just have lengthened the wheatfield and made the Gorgie and the school ends shallower.  If you'd taken a meter or 2 from both the Gorgie and the school it would have been fine.. Would maybe even have increased capacity. 

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Regardless, neither of these showed any artists impressions of what it look like pitchside. As you point out, the detailed plans were lodged on the council website (which they legally have to be) but those plans didn't include artists impressions. Why did nobody think to get artists impressions done from these? Getting someone to make a model wouldn't have be difficult either

The bit in brackets, incorrect as some applications are not shown for confidentially reasons, it doesn't happen often but it does. For obvious reasons, I can't say which.

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

We could have auctioned off the model - would have raised a few quid - I'm sure quire a few wealthy Jambo's would have bid for it!     :wonga:

That is very true, look what folk paid for plastic owls n bathtubs, we could have raised a good few quick auctioning a model of a completed Tynie, along with the old sign/badge.

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

1 hour ago, kila said:

Must be something to do with the illumination

Correct Kila, and costs of course.

The whole folk grumping about the sign (which they are entitled too) need to remember, as has been mention several times, is the incredibly tight timescales the club had to work to in order to get Planning granted.

Also the costs involved, as let's not forget it's not that long ago we were on our knees with no money, (I'm assuming here) we have tried to keep costs to a complete minimum in order to provide the stunning new stand we are so close to occupying in the coming weeks.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Ran round to take a snap this evening.....

06_original.jpg?v54707516538051

Looking good! A few of those bollards need straightening up though. :(

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Ran round to take a snap this evening.....

06_original.jpg?v54707516538051

Looks fantastic!  unfortunately don't think it will be ready for the 5th November due to the scale of work required to finish the Roseburn end part of the stand 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yip, probably should have done that and built a tunnel under the stand for the traffic so that we didn’t lose Gorgie Road altogether, missed a trick with that one. 

When being sarcastic best making sure it doesn't come back and bite you.. We could have lengthened the pitch easily (in the 90`s) if we'd wanted to 

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Looking good! A few of those bollards need straightening up though. :(

Unfortunately they are nothing to do with the club...that for the council to deal with, which hopefully they do very soon, maybe a wee nudge to the right department will help.... :wink:

4 minutes ago, Jcsujambo said:

Looks fantastic!  unfortunately don't think it will be ready for the 5th November due to the scale of work required to finish the Roseburn end part of the stand 

Some guys were still working away when I was there. A few days ago, the guy at the gate - who may not know much more than us - told me that the work to complete the end won't take them long - "a couple of days" was his assessment.