New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mr Brightside
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

22549527_2126625747363521_4601749650428568758_n.jpg

That looks good,will be great when it's illuminated.

Some nice touches in this development, the badge, mosaic, plaza, stepped areas and maroon panels.

Footballfirst

BBC SportsoundVerified account @BBCSportsound 1m1 minute ago

Hearts' return to Tynecastle faces potential delay

Tynecastle Stadium may not be ready to host Hearts' next scheduled home fixture in November, manager Craig Levein has admitted.

The Premiership outfit have played home games at Murrayfield during stadium redevelopment of the main stand.

Hearts are due to host Partick Thistle on 5 November and Levein says owner Ann Budge is determined to see the league fixture played at Tynecastle.

Murrayfield remains an option if that is not possible, Levein added.

"Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

"Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready."

Hearts had set a date of early September for playing matches at Tynecastle but were forced to play recent fixtures at Murrayfield after a delay in building work.

However, Levein says that the match against Thistle could still go ahead even if the work is not 100% completed.

"We don't need the place to be finished," he added. "We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

"There is a plan B, but I have not been party to those discussions just yet.

"I believe Murrayfield is an option, but I'm sure there will be adequate plans in place should it not go ahead."

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Tynecastle Stadium may not be ready to host Hearts' next scheduled home fixture in November, manager Craig Levein has admitted.

The Premiership outfit have played home games at Murrayfield during stadium redevelopment of the main stand.

Hearts are due to host Partick Thistle on 5 November and Levein says owner Ann Budge is determined to see the league fixture played at Tynecastle.

"Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

Hearts had set a date of early September for playing matches at Tynecastle but were forced to play recent fixtures at Murrayfield after a delay in building work.

However, Levein says that the match against Thistle could still go ahead even if the work is not 100% completed.

"We don't need the place to be finished," he added. "We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

"I believe Murrayfield is an option, but I'm sure there will be adequate plans in place should it not go ahead."

So basically what we have known for several weeks. 

If there is an issue, then we have the option of Murrayfield for another match. 

Basically nothing we enver already knew. No actual confirmed delay as yet. Just Levein discussing the game.

In the long term another short delay isn't the end of the world, I'm not here on November 5th anyway and am gutted I'm possibly missing the first game back 

Missing the Killie game wouldn't be the  end of the world , in fact I would take that right now as long as the  Partick game was a certainty to be played at Tynecastle. Sat afternoon 3pm and al that . 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Most people having been saying next year.

100% - before the "Told you so" brigade wade in then every one I have read has claimed it'll be next year.

The truth is, it might not be ready, and until we get given the appropriate certificates then we won't know.

Gene Parmesan

Craig Levein's quotes there may as well say: "I've no idea what the latest is with the stand m8"

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Freudian slip in article. Partick could be the first game, 19th November then. 

They are allegedly quoting Levein on this as well and he is saying Thistle!! Doubt that very much I am sure he knows who we are playing and when.

So whit if it's delayed. Dinae see what the fuss is about. No like it's never going to get completed. Ann always said the time frame was aggressive so that if delays were to occur it wouldn't turn into a long drawn out saga. Old stand was demolished less than six months ago? Personally enjoy having Murrayfield as our other stadium. 

Queue the line of distraught people telling me ive missed the point, where ive gone wrong etc etc ??

Edited by Heidthebaw

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Missing the Killie game wouldn't be the  end of the world , in fact I would take that right now as long as the  Partick game was a certainty to be played at Tynecastle. Sat afternoon 3pm and al that . 

Partick game is a Sunday 

Genuinely could not care less if it's delayed another couple of weeks or so. Although saying that, my sources remain confident it'll be ready for the 5th ?

Maroonblood22

If you read Levein's actual comments...

"Ann is determined to get the game on,"

"We don't need the place to be finished,"

"We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Typical BBC can't even get the team we are playing correct. We are supposed to be playing Kilmarnock on 5 November not Partick Thistle.

in other words they were not even holding a discussion with anybody.wild guess  and wrong

been here before
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is nothing at all in thay story.

There might be a delay- we know that.

Hopefully there wont be- we know that.

Anne Budge is determined to get it on at Tynecastle- we know that

If need be it could be played at the ground with limited facilites- we know that

If its not feasable the Murrayfield remains an option- we know that.

So apart from the fact we now seem to be playing Partick, whats the news there?

Just now, sairyinthat said:

in other words they were not even holding a discussion with anybody.wild guess  and wrong

Exactly. Very typical of the BBC though.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

"Hearts are due to host Partick Thistle on 5 November "

great accurate journalism there :huh2:

To be fair they rather kindly describe the delay since August  as due to "a delay in building work" rather than a monumental ****** up by the club.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Partick game is a Sunday 

Never realized that , these Sunday games are going to be the real pisser for me tbh . 

7 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Queue the "i told you so" posts :lol:

They'd be jumping the gun as the game is still scheduled to go ahead on the 5th. CL is merely discussing the Plan B if it cant.

However anyone who has visited the site and monitored the development in the last few weeks has to arrive at the conclusion that 5th November is a BIG ask, to the extent that its highly unlikely.

Just now, been here before said:

There is nothing at all in thay story.

There might be a delay- we know that.

Hopefully there wont be- we know that.

Anne Budge is determined to get it on at Tynecastle- we know that

If need be it could be played at the ground with limited facilites- we know that

If its not feasable the Murrayfield remains an option- we know that.

So apart from the fact we now seem to be playing Partick, whats the news there?

Interesting that they have not gone to speak to the person who could tell them the exact story in AB. Has she told them to do a runner of have they just not bothered.

My monies on the latter as they wouldn't have any story then.

Footballfirst

It may be that there is no chance of the Kilmarnock game being played at Tynecastle and the it will be tight for the Partick game on 19th November.

This is making the original date look more and more ridiculous.  The contractor should have been realistic with completion date from the start as delay after delay makes the club look a bit silly. Still if it is delayed it may be a good thing because you dont really want to walk through a building site for the first game in the new stand.

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

22549527_2126625747363521_4601749650428568758_n.jpg

Guys and girls - lets just talk about this, **** the BBC's bollocks story.  We've waited for this moment ... wonder who'll get to turn then lights on for the first time??!!

These delays will just be a distant memory when we play "them" at Tynie under the lights on December 27th.

Just now, Armageddon said:

Guys and girls - lets just talk about this, **** the BBC's bollocks story.  We've waited for this moment ... wonder who'll get to turn then lights on for the first time??!!

Thomaso and Obua, holding hands. 

;)

1 minute ago, kingdannyb said:

These delays will just be a distant memory when we play "them" at Tynie under the lights on December 27th.

Yep. The stand and stadium is going to last a lifetime.

Couldn't really give a shit if its ready a few weeks late.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

It may be that there is no chance of the Kilmarnock game being played at Tynecastle and the it will be tight for the Partick game on 19th November.

Come on FF ,don't you think that CL would just have said that then ? 

Its not cloak and dagger stuff , we are trying to get the game on for the 5th but have a plan B , that's it . 

2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

This is making the original date look more and more ridiculous.  The contractor should have been realistic with completion date from the start as delay after delay makes the club look a bit silly. Still if it is delayed it may be a good thing because you dont really want to walk through a building site for the first game in the new stand.

What is? 

There has not been "delay after delay". The original plan was always to be "walking through a building site for the first game". Just like it was for games at the end of last season. 

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I was just about to post the same. THIS is THE story of the day and it's a bloody marvellous one.

The BBC article is a farce. Levein basically said nothing. He hopes it’s ready, Budge is pulling out all the stops to get it ready, but they have a plan B if it’s required.

Taking my daughters to Gorgie Farm this afternoon. 

Going to take a walk down to the museum and stadium whilst I’m there.

As for the BBC story, it’s exactly what we already knew.

9 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

I've seen footnotes and small print bigger than the "TYNECASTLE PARK" lettering.

Disappointing.

Small print bigger than what looks like at least 2 and a half foot lettering?

Specsavers for you...

Sigh. Just as it was looking like being a nice positive day with the badge going up..... its going to be overshadowed by the 'news' from Levein / BBC.

For the record, I suspect he's just covering his back a bit and its not really news we didnt know. Tight timescales, will be a close call, plan in place if we dont make it.

However..... as i've said before, missing this second deadline would be very poor having been given an extra two months already to get the place match ready. Still missing out on delivering the very bare minimum in order to host a match having had all that extra time doesnt look good from a project management point of view.

Doesnt fill me with massive confidence in honesty - i get the feeling that even if we do host a match on the 5th, the stand is going to be considerably rougher around the edges in terms of the work outstanding than we'd hoped for.