New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

sairyinthat

Is it just me that thinks the glass front looks better when viewed from the right rather than the left?? Trick of the light maybe?

Angle you get to view it from

What kind of curtain wall system is it?

I don't know, but I feel compelled to answer "beef".

I like the red panels :)

I also like the red panels. I've questioned the use of red and pink in the other stands for the past 20+ years. With the red panels, the colour scheme now appears to be coming together nicely. 

In these pictures is this the final finish over the glass or is this just the pressure plates??

Too many essay posts! Need more photos!

So here is some as I walked past today. Note thomaso said earlier the silver face plates that have been put on are pressure plates and the permanent face plates won't go on for a couple of weeks

938789_1.jpg

148368_2.jpg

789225_3.jpg

199894_4.jpg

In these pictures is this the final finish over the glass or is this just the pressure plates??

The post you just quoted answers your question.

Looking more and more like a High School by the day.

It's really crazy to think someone was paid to design this :lol: I'm in the wrong game!

Hopefully the increase in capacity makes it an atmospheric cauldron again but its doubtful - we really do need to get our games back at Tynie asap or we face a miserable season of away defeats as usual.

Looking more and more like a High School by the day.

It's really crazy to think someone was paid to design this :lol: I'm in the wrong game!

Hopefully the increase in capacity makes it an atmospheric cauldron again but its doubtful - we really do need to get our games back at Tynie asap or we face a miserable season of away defeats as usual.

I think it's a great design overall, but the glazing is really grim and bleak. Hopefully some point in the future we can change the glass on an otherwise classy looking stand.

siegementality

The build isn't finished yet - that's my concern

Plenty can still go wrong with the wrong management structure in place.

Construction projects can be like a line of dominos - one or two just tipped over.

The question you asked at the meet the manager event typifies you, panic merchant who doesn't listen to what is being said.

Are those hacket grey stripes staying? Are they the design? Ugly as sin.

As has been explained over the last few days and even on this page, the current "stripes" are pressure plates, integral to the curtain wall system. There are face caps still to be fitted. 

Peebles post...

As has been explained over the last few days and even on this page, the current "stripes" are pressure plates, integral to the curtain wall system. There are face caps still to be fitted.

Peebles post...

Hang on... are you saying that the grey/opaque glass running the entire length of the curtain wall are just temporary?

Big Slim Stylee

Hearts are in the news and most of the news is that Hearts have identified problems and are trying to rectify them. First and probably the biggest was replacing Catho.

Second was the new stand not being ready but Murrayfield comes to the rescue. Third is the rising cost of the new stand & using Murrayfield for at least 3 games.

But we can also look forward to a new Head Coach and as promised more signing so i'd say the future doesn't look too bad.

My God...."Mitch in positive post " shocker! :) 

Unknown user

Hang on... are you saying that the grey/opaque glass running the entire length of the curtain wall are just temporary?

No, the stripes he's talking about are the ones between the panes of glass - the glass you see now will remain in situ

J.T.F.Robertson

This is the biggest HMFC project in generations.  It's something that needed to be done a long time ago, but only Ann Budge and her team have been able to pull it off.

The delay in the preliminary completion date is a disappointment to the fans, but I'm sure it's a bigger disappointment to the Club's employees and the others working on the project.

Similarly with the cost overrun. Nobody wanted that.  Most of it has been explained by Ann Budge as her making changes to the original plans.  To accuse her of dishonesty is ludicrous. There is absolutely no danger that this overrun will result in a debt milestone around the Club's neck.  When the dust is cleared, I'm confident that the Club's management will have a plan to address any shortfall.

I think it's reasonable that any bad news about the project be discussed, and JKB is as good a place as any to do that, but some of the personal attacks have been over the top.

Wasting your breath, mate. Between the panic merchants and the myriad of infiltrators, it's a complete feck up. I suppose the rest of us will just have to plod along the way we've always done.

In the pub today I've had a Rangers' fan giving me "advice" with regard to Levein, followed by a Hibbie who couldn't believe we said it would all be ready by early September and that "they" had played in front of the three stands when their "development" was in progress.

I was grateful for their concern.

No, the stripes he's talking about are the ones between the panes of glass - the glass you see now will remain in situ

Disappointed. Hopefully we can get a decent glazing company in, in the future, and make a better stab at the glass curtain.

Edited by Du?ko

Big Slim Stylee

Wasting your breath, mate. Between the panic merchants and the myriad of infiltrators, it's a complete feck up. I suppose the rest of us will just have to plod along the way we've always done.

In the pub today I've had a Rangers' fan giving me "advice" with regard to Levein, followed by a Hibbie who couldn't believe we said it would all be ready by early September and that "they" had played in front of the three stands when their "development" was in progress.

I was grateful for their concern.

I used to like this thread a lot. It was a safe haven from the relentless negativity. Oh well :(

J.T.F.Robertson

I used to like this thread a lot. It was a safe haven from the relentless negativity. Oh well :(

It was always destined to turn, it's the way of it wi' aw this new fangled technology. :(

It was always destined to turn, it's the way of it wi' aw this new fangled technology. :(

As a poster who is constantly abused for being 'too positive', can you please advise me on how I can avoid being someone you wish to banish from this thread?

J.T.F.Robertson

As a poster who is constantly abused for being 'too positive', can you please advise me on how I can avoid being someone you wish to banish from this thread?

You're flattering yourself, I don't know you from the proverbial Adam.

You're flattering yourself, I don't know you from the proverbial Adam.

Well obviously, ffs. :lol:

However, I introduced myself with a wee bit of background and then challenged your attitude that this thread should be kept free of criticism and debate about aesthetics.

J.T.F.Robertson

Well obviously, ffs. :lol:

However, I introduced myself with a wee bit of background and then challenged your attitude that this thread should be kept free of criticism and debate about aesthetics.

I didn't infer that, but when it becomes (to me) the overriding sentiment .....

Not that long ago we could never have envisioned even being where we are and it all seems rather petty to me.

King Of The Cat Cafe

:thumbsup:

To be fair, Archie Leitch would be impressed!

It even looks from the bottom pic that we have retained some pillars...

Big Slim Stylee

I didn't infer that, but when it becomes (to me) the overriding sentiment .....

Not that long ago we could never have envisioned even being where we are and it all seems rather petty to me.

As long as I can remember - which is a long time - we've always been a bit of a moany support, tbh :)

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Agree. Will be worth the wait until November.

Just been up for a look didn't like the different coloured glass in the pics on here but looks great in the flesh, were going to have some amount of corporate space hope there is something for the ordinary punter who just fancies a pie and a pint 

maroonlegions

I take it that there will be more segregation between that hedge  near the steps that lead up to the entrance of the Roseburn stand??  I mean imagine Hobos walking past on route to the Roseburn stand.  :uhoh2:     :peepwall:  :peek_by_Andrin:     

Edited by maroonlegions

Jambof3tornado

I take it that there will be more segregation between that hedge near the steps that lead up to the entrance of the Roseburn stand?? I mean imagine Hobos walking past on route to the Roseburn stand. :uhoh2::peepwall::peek_by_Andrin:

Its a jaggy hedge. We'll be fine.

Jambos4life

Iv been reading that now we are playing at murrayfield for a few games that's there's a rule we must play every team there at least once. Is there any truth in this?

Iv been reading that now we are playing at murrayfield for a few games that's there's a rule we must play every team there at least once. Is there any truth in this?

No. We got agreement last season to play a number of games at MF if required.

No. We got agreement last season to play a number of games at MF if required.

Not sure if we got an agreement or if it was a change in SPFL rules, either or, doesn't really matter just glad we don't have to play at murray field all season.

Not sure if we got an agreement or if it was a change in SPFL rules, either or, doesn't really matter just glad we don't have to play at murray field all season.

We did. At a SPFL meeting in March/April.

Unknown user

We did, and we were very grateful for the cooperation of the other clubs according to the statement at the time

Its a jaggy hedge. We'll be fine.

It's the nursery playground ? it needs to be protected from passing morons. I'd imagine a high fence or fence-and-distance would be installed to prevent mutants from throwing stuff into the playground after the Hearts have burst their team a new ars- h---.

Jambof3tornado

It's the nursery playground ? it needs to be protected from passing morons. I'd imagine a high fence or fence-and-distance would be installed to prevent mutants from throwing stuff into the playground after the Hearts have burst their team a new ars- h---.

Machine gun tower on the corner should keep things sorted.

Lucille's Thirsty

:lol:

Imagine losing a game of football then seeing a bairns nursery and throwing objects into it going "that'll teach them"

Disappointed. Hopefully we can get a decent glazing company in, in the future, and make a better stab at the glass curtain.

Curtainwall companies do not design the look of the facade, they can only install to the Architects specification.....but then again you'd need to be a idiot not to know that!

Unknown user

Curtainwall companies do not design the look of the facade, they can only install to the Architects specification.....but then again you'd need to be a idiot not to know that!

Mon eh?

Mon eh?

Oh was it a joke then? Apologies if so - I read that much shite on here it's hard to tell the difference...........