New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Buffalo Bill

6. Trees planted.

7. People milling about about.

After a while people will not even notice the glass from the gray. 

Indeed. Once the crest and the 'TYNECASTLE PARK' letting is installed, and the trees and put in places, those things become the focal points, and the glass becomes the background.

It will look magnificent; the best in the country.

3fingersreid

3. All glass and face caps to be fitted

4. HMFC illuminated crest and "TYNECASTLE PARK" to be installed.

5 Sparkle clean by the window cleaner!

Apologies if it's been asked before but how colour fast are the red panels( and I'll throw in the seating as well) ?

Stand is looking fantastic:)

Lucille's Thirsty

Hopefully we get some lighting for the trees too.

I'm not ITK or anything but I'd imagine there are going to be lights going into the ground illuminating the concourse.

Figuratively, obviously. I quite like how personally you take any criticism of the project, whilst ripping other HMFC employees. Those two things combined make it fun to voice my criticisms of the new stand build in a more nippy manner. :)

When have I ever ripped other HMFC employees??????

Apologies if it's been asked before but how colour fast are the red panels( and I'll throw in the seating as well) ?

Stand is looking fantastic:)

The red glass panels are heat enamelled and 100% "colour fast"

heartsfc_fan

Thomaso. Any idea if the seat order will include new seats for the Roseburn?

Apologies might not be your area of knowledge.

:lol:

I should clarify that - I have never ripped any HMFC employee who has a direct involvement with the building of the new stand.

Not a dig at anyone but it's easy to dislike something that's not finished. I wouldn't have put those colours on myself however it's quite nice and different. I will however hold judgment on it until it's complete because, as we all know, people's views can change greatly.

Looking positive though.

This is where I am at, can't believe people criticising the stand before it is finished. Thomaso, you must be pissed off with some of the posters on here but thanks for all your input on this, you will need a break once it is completed.

Thomaso. Any idea if the seat order will include new seats for the Roseburn?

Apologies might not be your area of knowledge.

Sorry no idea

I should clarify that - I have never ripped any HMFC employee who has a direct involvement with the building of the new stand.

:)

Governor Tarkin

The maroon and red look good imo.

I think so too.

p.s. this Mellor fellie might well be a Hibs **** but he makes fair points.

I think so too.

p.s. this Mellor fellie might well be a Hibs **** but he makes fair points.

Red is just a shade of maroon anyway. B)

I've missed a lot of Mellor's posts, mate. What was he saying?

Cut The Crap

Drove past last night for the first time in a while and it's not really fair to judge right now with holes all over the place and various bits hanging off.

The grey panels remain a baffling design decision in my opinion, but despite them it's going to be a magnificent facility when it's complete.

I heard we need another ?5mil loan - which we are getting from the construction company - is this true?

I've heard we are going to absolutely pump Hibs in the next derby. Who knows?

Drove past last night for the first time in a while and it's not really fair to judge right now with holes all over the place and various bits hanging off.

The grey panels remain a baffling design decision in my opinion, but despite them it's going to be a magnificent facility when it's complete.

Pretty much where I'm at.

I heard we need another ?5mil loan - which we are getting from the construction company - is this true?

Yes, closer to ?5.1 million though. Really should be ?10M.

samcdonald22

While i was visiting Edinburgh from London, took a wee look at the Stand and the temporary shop, the shop looks pristine! amazing the amount of office/space under the Wheatfield and the sheer size of the new structure is awesome! No photographs really do it justice, STUNNING!

Given you still owe Tom Farmer ?4M and were scratching around for ?100K recently, then it wouldn't surprise me.

sairyinthat

Not seen many pictures from inside lately

Think it's because there has been no movement since target date was amended.Is BSB off site or what?

samcdonald22

Also heard, that the seating is in country, but rumour! Chatting to the builders there will be a lot more completed , rather than just the seats and concourse , when it opens in November, the guy joked his boss would have him sleep there if he could, so its full steam ahead

Edited by samcdonald22

What "construction company" do you refer to??????

Think it's because there has been no movement since target date was amended.Is BSB off site or what?

I dunno, probably not. i reckon they will still be hard at it.

What "construction company" do you refer to??????

FFS Thomaso! Five million!? You really are taking the piss here. Get this sorted.

Also heard, that the seating is in country, but rumour! Chatting to the builders there will be a lot more completed , rather than just the seats and concourse , when it opens in November, the guy joked his boss would have him sleep there if he could, so its full steam ahead

That's what the statement said

Rudisleftbollock

Given you still owe Tom Farmer ?4M and were scratching around for ?100K recently, then it wouldn't surprise me.

I've been sitting quietly for a year or 2, before I signed up - life long Hearts fan.  What is very annoying, is, that on here, if you dare criticise or speak badly of the club, you are accused of being a Hobo?

This patter utterly stinks, and is part of what is wrong with our support.

Do you go to games Rudolf?  Do you sing?  Or just twirl yer scarf?

I've been sitting quietly for a year or 2, before I signed up - life long Hearts fan. What is very annoying, is, that on here, if you dare criticise or speak badly of the club, you are accused of being a Hobo?

Do you go to games Rudolf? Do you sing? Or just twirl yer scarf?

Sorry mate. Where did you hear about this five millions. Is it a credibles source?

(I go to games, sings, and many twirly)

Edited by Du?ko

Bad Religion

I've been sitting quietly for a year or 2, before I signed up - life long Hearts fan.  What is very annoying, is, that on here, if you dare criticise or speak badly of the club, you are accused of being a Hobo?

Or you just make stuff up.

jambo in iraq

You are are a Hobo.. run along now, nothing to see here

lol

Edited by Mr Sifter

youll last long

Shanks said no

ok let's give you the benefit of the doubt here. Elaborate on who gave you this exclusive?

Governor Tarkin

Red is just a shade of maroon anyway. B)

I've missed a lot of Mellor's posts, mate. What was he saying?

Aye, it looks much less red in the flesh and more a light maroon, like from one our cheaper looking strips from the late 80's early 90's. I think the caps when they go on will tie it all together.

Mellor just made a valid criticism of the ER/Tynecastle comparison a couple of pages ago and some other mildly incendiary observations. I can't mind the specifics but they were all fair enough.

Are you the artist formerly known as Mothy btw?

I've been sitting quietly for a year or 2, before I signed up - life long Hearts fan. What is very annoying, is, that on here, if you dare criticise or speak badly of the club, you are accused of being a Hobo?

Do you go to games Rudolf? Do you sing? Or just twirl yer scarf?

And let me guess, you live in Auchtermuchty, Bishop Auckland or some such place?

Figuratively, obviously. I quite like how personally you take any criticism of the project, whilst ripping other HMFC employees. Those two things combined make it fun to voice my criticisms of the new stand build in a more nippy manner. :)

Open admission of trolling.

Troll now on my ignore list.

scott herbertson

But surely the contractors an workmen are only doing what Craig allows them to?

Aye, it looks much less red in the flesh and more a light maroon, like from one our cheaper looking strips from the late 80's early 90's. I think the caps when they go on will tie it all together.

Mellor just made a valid criticism of the ER/Tynecastle comparison a couple of pages ago and some other mildly incendiary observations. I can't mind the specifics but they were all fair enough.

Are you the artist formerly known as Mothy btw?

Ah, okay. Don't see any issues there. It's only a football forum after all. :D

Yeah, I was Mothy. Really, I only want to be friends. :(

Open admission of trolling.

Troll now on my ignore list.

Yep. Quite right too. I'd have me on ignore in all honesty.

BobbyJenkins

Why did you sit quietly for 2 years, seems a tad extreme?

But surely the contractors an workmen are only doing what Craig allows them to?

Indeed. Our Dictator of Football.

:sob:

Rudisleftbollock

ok let's give you the benefit of the doubt here. Elaborate on who gave you this exclusive?

I'll ignore the clique above.  Anyway, one of my mates works on the site - he's been telling me the state of play, and was correct about the seats not being ordered.  What he told me was that it wasn't the Clubs fault, as Queen Anne has made out (this worries me incredibly as this suggests she's lying to the fans) - it was someone from the construction company that forgot to order them, and has duly been sacked (his name was Scott - that's all I know).  I can understand Hearts shouldering the blame, as to not upset the construction company, who still have a lot of work to do, but the whole situation stinks.

Now onto the ?5 million loan - I was told that at the same site meeting, ?5million was being borrowed from the construction company, by the club, to finish the rest of the stand.  Again incredibly worrying if true - Anyone on here heard similar?

Shanks said no

Why did you sit quietly for 2 years, seems a tad extreme?

championship probably and can't count to 3

BobbyJenkins

championship probably and can't count to 3

Imagine waiting 2 years to post something negative about the club you love and support... why not, within those 2 years, post on the many positive things that have happened at the club?! Strange.