New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lucille's Thirsty

If we have to play a game at Murrayfield then it's not the end of the world. Tynecastle will be ready soon enough.

I remember going to the Schalke,Braga,Sparta Prague,AEK Athens, walking through that industrial estate, I think it was where the Sainsbury's is now.

I was a depressing walk I didn't mind the European games at Murrayfield although it was half empty at times.

There are no concerts scheduled as far as I can see. Robbie Williams played there in June.

Howard Donald is doing an experimental free jazz/acid techno set that evening!

for the reason I said above, I said too much already, and someone from work who knows me/my username has already pulled me up....I will be going back to just a fan on this thread, sorry.

I actually tried to delete that post before anyone read what I'd typed.

(I know that stinks of talking bull, but this is my job and having just been pulled by a colleague, I can say any more)

Create a new account to keep us ITK :whistling:

sunblestjambo

After some extensive *ahem* photoshopping, here's what it could look like with other colours (taken from the club badge)

hmfc_1.png

The red doesn't seem so bad in comparison now...

Tian, do you work for Pixar or ILM? :)

The stand will be ready when it's ready.  It's a massive project on a very tight schedule, and everyone involved in it deserves a pat on the back.

Six months from now few will remember, and no-one will care, if we miss the planned completion date by a couple of weeks.

The Future's Maroon

Create a new account to keep us ITK :whistling:

haha, it did cross my mind.

Firstly, against the rules to have multiple accounts and secondly can you imagine how much grief a 'new' poster giving info on the stand would get the way this place is at the moment.

As said, I am just a fan on this thread now, I have said a few things which I shouldn't have previously, I should have realised myself but the fan in me makes it hard not to comment when I see things said that are incorrect.

I'm going on radio silence and let the club make any announcements.

Can you do one with a mixture of both these colours please, just out of curiosity

hmfc_2.png

Bit too "Ibrox" for me, that one...

The stand will be ready when it's ready.  It's a massive project on a very tight schedule, and everyone involved in it deserves a pat on the back.

Six months from now few will remember, and no-one will care, if we miss the planned completion date by a couple of weeks.

Spot on mate 

Not quite true. He's the only one who's ITK who shares what information he has on here.

I didn't say he was the only person ITK. I was implying he is the only person who has proven he is ITK "from what I have read"

Cut The Crap

There are no concerts scheduled as far as I can see. Robbie Williams played there in June.

Looks like I was sold a dummy by Google.

Now if someone can confirm that the SRU won't want six figures from us to host the match, then we're good to go.

Edited by Cut The Crap

luckyBatistuta

hmfc_2.png

Bit too "Ibrox" for me, that one...

Yeah, not liking that. Still not sure about the red ones, though they'll probably grow on me. At the end of the day though, it's still going to look fantastic.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Hope you don't mind me asking, Who's the main contractor?

Ask your close family friend working on site, he seems to know everything.

Edited by Everybody Loves Baz!

Footballfirst

After some extensive *ahem* photoshopping, here's what it could look like with other colours (taken from the club badge)

hmfc_1.png

The red doesn't seem so bad in comparison now...

Can you try the maroon panels instead of the grey ones on the curved facade?

Ask your close family friend working on site, he seems to know everything.

Sorry what do you mean he knows everything, all he said was what I posted which was the stand was behind schedule & will not be ready for the Aberdeen game. someone posted there was no main contractor, another post stated there was indeed a main contractor, I ask the question who it was. But just you carry on tho.

Sorry what do you mean he knows everything, all he said was what I posted which was the stand was behind schedule & will not be ready for the Aberdeen game. someone posted there was no main contractor, another post stated there was indeed a main contractor, I ask the question who it was. But just you carry on tho.

Thomaso stated on this thread several weeks ago that there was no main contractor and instead, they were using companies run by "PHM" with the club overseeing the whole thing. 

I'd find the post but I've no idea what page it's on. 

Edited by Toggie88

Bungalow Bill

Thomaso stated on this thread several weeks ago that there was no main contractor and instead, they were using companies run by "PHM" with the club overseeing the whole thing.

I'd find the post but I've no idea what page it's on.

Here it is...

As I said above there will be no main contractor. You are partly correct however - subcontracts have yet to be finalised.

So we have 2 posters who are claiming to be ITK. We have Thomaso who says we have no main contractor & The future's Maroon who says we do have a main contractor.

Can someone please clear this confusion, up either we do or we don't & if you have the main contracts name that would help immensely. 

Any financial or logistical issues aside, I don't care if we have to play one or more games at Murrayfield if it means the stand gets built properly. Money aside for a moment, why rush such a monumental project for just one or a handful of matches. 

Can you try the maroon panels instead of the grey ones on the curved facade?

You know it's done in MS Paint, using the eraser and bucket fill tool right?

Anyone could give it a go. :lol:

BfqmgTX.jpg

And those asking why there is a delay are you ****ing serious do you know how tight this schedule was its a miracle we are this far down the line.

Thats very much down to the PHM putting in a shift.

Thanks to the FB page poster who took this a couple of hours ago.

Edited by Jamboelite

Any financial or logistical issues aside, I don't care if we have to play one or more games at Murrayfield if it means the stand gets built properly. Money aside for a moment, why rush such a monumental project for just one or a handful of matches.

Having tight deadlines is good to keep everybody focussed on finishing the job. Hope it's open on time but if it is delayed then so be it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars plastic

So we have 2 posters who are claiming to be ITK. We have Thomaso who says we have no main contractor & The future's Maroon who says we do have a main contractor.

Can someone please clear this confusion, up either we do or we don't & if you have the main contracts name that would help immensely. 

There's no main contractor, mate. Hardies, who are managing the job on behalf of the club are a construction management company.

I've also a meeting on site tomorrow where I will become even more ITK than I currently am at the moment. Being right ITK and no telling anyone is barry likes.

Mars plastic

Having tight deadlines is good to keep everybody focussed on finishing the job. Hope it's open on time but if it is delayed then so be it!

I'd have to wholly disagree with that, Drewboy.

There's no main contractor, mate. Hardies, who are managing the job on behalf of the club are a construction management company.

I've also a meeting on site tomorrow where I will become even more ITK than I currently am at the moment. Being right ITK and no telling anyone is barry likes.

You have a job? Heavens above!

BfqmgTX.jpg

And those asking why there is a delay are you ******* serious do you know how tight this schedule was its a miracle we are this far down the line.

Looks like the windows are out of the police box 

BfqmgTX.jpg

And those asking why there is a delay are you ******* serious do you know how tight this schedule was its a miracle we are this far down the line.

Get those floodlight on and have them working through the night until its finished, come on Anne get the whip oot

I'd have to wholly disagree with that, Drewboy.

Cos "manyana" is good for deadlines?

:laugh4:

Bad Religion

Mr Craig's tea boy? Mars is Gary Locke?

If my memory serves me correctly, its displaying pies that is his area of expertise.

Ah, cheers for that. I was thinking it was further West. 

Totally off-topic now, but I only recently found out about a stadium which did actually exist in Stenhouse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhouse_Stadium

There was an old building still there about 20 years ago for the Greyhound Track. Not sure if it's still there within the industrial units.

Edited by scuj1

Unknown user

steady on, what about October which comes after September

The statement says the game at the end of October will be at murrayfield

As they have not yet applied for one I doubt you have heard anything except hot air leaving your backside

You can apologise when you're ready

Quite surprised it's that delayed

Would've thought definitely for the Rangers game

Wonder how late the staging is to arrive. Sounds like the demolition of the old stand got held up by the weather.

Could be an eyebrow raiser to dumping Hampden and having cups/national team at Murrayfield instead. Believe it or not, closer to the pitch at Murrayfield, that's how bad Hampden is!

The statement says the game at the end of October will be at murrayfield

My apologises 4 away games again after the Aberdeen game

Unknown user

Well I might as well get it out the way - I'm concerned that this build is now over budget and running very late, which in itself will add more in wages alone.

I really hope it doesn't get out of control.

Well I might as well get it out the way - I'm concerned that this build is now over budget and running very late, which in itself will add more in wages alone.

I really hope it doesn't get out of control.

It's not great. I think more clarification on intended cost increase, unintended cost increase and funding sources would help people ease their minds about it.

Sadly we may have been as well saving some dough by keeping Cathro this season as it is a bit of a wrote off anyway and got ourselves into a position to really hit the ground running next season.