New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I keep reading about the new stand seats being shipped from the "Far East," with no specific country mentioned.

Has anybody thought to check what size these seats will be?  My experience of 20 years in Japan, Korea, China and elsewhere is that Oriental seats are smaller.....much smaller and lower too.  

Japan airlines managed to install 630 seats on a Boeing 747 which was originally designed for about 350.  Believe me, these were not the same size of seats.

Anybody know the manufacturers?

Are you looking for american(fat boy) size

That roaster greenginger is claiming the works affected the structure of the nearby tenement.

Not only is he an expert in law , H&S and building regs it also appears he's now an expert in building construction.

I picture a spotty challenged teenager with a duffle coat and clipboard running about with webbed feet in Gorgie annoying every and anyone he can get a conversation out of.

FTH

ArcticJambo

So long as it's at the front, a 'glass facade' could mean anything from leaded stained glass windows, to glass bricks, to thousands of wine bottles stuck to MDF, etc....

The wine bottle or those big bottles of Tennents they used to do years ago would be barrie.  When you're peering out at the plebs from hospitality you really would have the proverbial beer goggles 'on'.  :2thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Jambof3tornado

I keep reading about the new stand seats being shipped from the "Far East," with no specific country mentioned.

Has anybody thought to check what size these seats will be? My experience of 20 years in Japan, Korea, China and elsewhere is that Oriental seats are smaller.....much smaller and lower too.

Japan airlines managed to install 630 seats on a Boeing 747 which was originally designed for about 350. Believe me, these were not the same size of seats.

Anybody know the manufacturers?

Fatty McFatfat type post!!

My lardy seat in the wheatfield fits my curvy buttocks just fine.

been here before

Because it is a curtain wall, more specifically a glass curtain wall.

Curtain walls aren't structural, they're there to keep the elements out - take a curtain wall away and the buildings still standing.

Like a window.

...a bit disco

Fatty McFatfat type post!!

My lardy seat in the wheatfield fits my curvy buttocks just fine.

The boys's right though if the new home top is anything to go by!

:D

Edited by ...a bit disco

Agree its a glass frontage

It's a glazed frontage........manufactured from a curtainwall system.

Work pace seems to be going really slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya think!!

Hackney Hearts

No need to be a patronising *****, mate :(

:lol:

Sorry - I know I quoted you, but it was really aimed at ArcticJambo's 'facade' rant!

Wasn't meant to be patronising though... pedantic, certainly. This is what happens when we run out of new photos on this thread.

Governor Tarkin

Sorry - I know I quoted you, but it was really aimed at ArcticJambo's 'facade' rant!

Wasn't meant to be patronising though... pedantic, certainly. This is what happens when we run out of new photos on this thread.

It's all in jest and good humour, I'm sure.

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

Did the boat come in with the "concrete"? It was due today I think.

If you're referring to the composite material for the decking - it has been delivered from Korea to the U.K. and is in storage off site

Buffalo Bill

If you're referring to the composite material for the decking - it has been delivered from Korea to the U.K. and is in storage off site

Thomaso, what's the composite made of and will it feel like concrete to walk on, or to touch? 

...and will it take my 13 stones 35 rows up in the sky?

Anybody know about the dugouts?

Apparently going to be 'sunken' I've heard?

Hope they install drainage in them   :Hearts Man spotrun:

:yas:

Dont say where it is,green ginger will blockade it.

J.T.F.Robertson

If it's the North, width-wise, they will be more than adequate if you go by the size of the "dear respected comrade's" erse.

I know it doesn't really matter now but how far behind scheduled delivery was this?

Yaaasssss

Any pictures? :wink:

Thomaso, what's the composite made of and will it feel like concrete to walk on, or to touch? 

Sorry no idea - its new to me

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it's the North, width-wise, they will be more than adequate if you go by the size of the "dear respected comrade's" erse.

Maybe he could expedite its arrival by sticking it on one of his missiles. On second thoughts maybe not as we don't want it soaking in seawater. 

Governor Tarkin

Right, first time I've been down to see it in the flesh for over a month. The red panels aren't so red as they appear in photos, and it's ******* huge. Aesthetically speaking, the white/grey panels still look a bit rubbish (sorry Thomaso), and do give it a passing resemblance to the Leven St Scotmid. The curve is probably the saving grace in this respect.

The site was a hive of activity and I'm amazed at how much has already been done - and the product we should end up with - given all of the well documented constraints.

Smashing stuff.

Concrete is horrible in wet cold weather. You freeze from the feet up.

Hagar the Horrible

Concrete is horrible in wet cold weather. You freeze from the feet up.

The Axminster carpets and the underfloor heating, will cure that?   or you could try and man up, go to football in the 70's to some shyteholes with open crumbling terracing in November in the pissing freezing rain and the football was just not worth the bother, and a scalding hot bovril, with napalm pie that sticks to your skin like velcro, to try and warm yourself up, prior to getting skin grafts to repair the damage.   We all get to sit now in far better stadiums with roofs, watching football played on manicured lawns rather than ploughed mud baths.

Tip wear shoes, not vans and converse, or non leather trainers, and a warm pair of socks rather than bare feet?  :-)

My old man isn't too great atm. Anyway nipped in to see him this morning and showed him the time-lapse video from Facebook. He was stunned. He went on to say I have to make it to just see one game from there!!

He also said he'd never thought he'd see something that getting built in his day!!

There's a lot of moaning and some of it is maybe justified but we sometimes need to take a step back and actually appreciate where we were and how far we've come

HHGH

Unknown user

My old man isn't too great atm. Anyway nipped in to see him this morning and showed him the time-lapse video from Facebook. He was stunned. He went on to say I have to make it to just see one game from there!!

He also said he'd never thought he'd see something that getting built in his day!!

There's a lot of moaning and some of it is maybe justified but we sometimes need to take a step back and actually appreciate where we were and how far we've come

HHGH

I really hope he makes it bud and I'm sure everyone appreciates it, I certainly do. Strength to you

I really hope he makes it bud and I'm sure everyone appreciates it, I certainly do. Strength to you

HHGH

Let him see it in style - candidate for JKB Prime Season Ticket seat and good health to your auld man Robbo

Right, first time I've been down to see it in the flesh for over a month. The red panels aren't so red as they appear in photos, and it's ******* huge. Aesthetically speaking, the white/grey panels still look a bit rubbish (sorry Thomaso), and do give it a passing resemblance to the Leven St Scotmid. The curve is probably the saving grace in this respect.

The site was a hive of activity and I'm amazed at how much has already been done - and the product we should end up with - given all of the well documented constraints.

Smashing stuff.

You might have at least compared it to a Tesco!!    :42:

TyphoonJambo

Robbo, really hope your auld man gets to see it n all its glory. JKB, can we sort out a ticket?

HHGH

Going to the finished stadium may be just the encouragement that your Dad needs - all the best to him and I really hope he can see it.

My old Dad certainly would have been a very proud man if he had had the opportunity of walking up to the glass fa?ade before a game at his beloved Tynecastle.

HHGH

Hey Robbo, when the stand opens for business and your old man is on his feet again, give me a shout and i'll invite him to the match in the Skyline ;)

HHGH

Nice wee story. Orra best to you and yer auld man mate. He'll be at Tynie to see it in its full splendour. It's written in the stars mate :-) Edited by Mr Sifter

RustyRightPeg

HHGH

Sorry to hear about your Dad not being 100% buddy, but as others have said, he will see a match from that new stand.

Keep the spirits high buddy!

Fxxx the SPFL

HHGH

Hopefully your old man gets to see the finished article your sentiments re how far wev'e come are echoed by most Hearts supporters,

Edited by ray gets bus pass soon

Thanks for all the kind words

He's a tough old bugger and I'm sure he'll make it. Tbh when he said that I have to admit to getting a fright. Hadn't crossed my mind he wouldn't tbh

Hopefully when it opens there will be 3 generations not us to see it

...a bit disco

HHGH

All the best to you and your old man.

I know where your coming from.

WorldChampions1902

594330fcad8580bb45f25006d9453ca0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo. The new stand looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for posting.

been here before

594330fcad8580bb45f25006d9453ca0.jpg

It might change when the badge and the lettering go on but those who said it looks like the Co-op at Tollcross, Chesser Hpuse or the demolished govt buildings by St James arent too far wrong.

Its a bit ugly.

It might change when the badge and the lettering go on but those who said it looks like the Co-op at Tollcross, Chesser Hpuse or the demolished govt buildings by St James arent too far wrong.

Its a bit ugly.

It's the back of s football stand , not the front of an Opera House , Lol

been here before

Honestly?

"Lol"

The back of the stand you say?

Edited by been here before

kingantti1874

Fist of all I think it's an incredible achievement to have reached the point where we can build such a thing.. Credit to all involved.. And it's no reflection on Thomaso's work or the work of his company, but I do think some of the architectural decision s around the glass are a bit strange

Image dark tinted glass with maroon and white highlights around the fringes without the grey panels.. Would have looked sensational, especially with the backlit Tynecastle Park and badge on top of it..would have looked cool.. Yes I know there were lighting considerations also

It's really not important in the grans scheme of things but again.. It's doesn't look as good as it could have in my I'll Informed opinion

Honestly?

"Lol"

The back of the stand you say?

The front of the stand is where you watch a football match , surely , or is that the back ? "Lol"