New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Unknown user

Oh was it a joke then? Apologies if so - I read that much shite on here it's hard to tell the difference...........

Oh I don't even know now! :laugh:

Ijust thought you were lashing out a bit, taking it a bit personally. Don't let it get to you and go back to being a poster I enjoy, if that's not too patronising.

Your contribution is appreciated by right thinking Hearts fans

coatbridgejambo

Flats flats glorious flats.. oh wait nah we are getting a new main stand instead, delayed by 2 month, pain in the arse? Aye it is but worth the wait imo, could be worse, we could be playing at murrayfield permanently, relax.

spot on

The question you asked at the meet the manager event typifies you, panic merchant who doesn't listen to what is being said.

I wasn't at the meet the management event??

There is still a lot of water or steel to go under the bridge here

I am no panic merchant but I know what can happen when things start to go wrong on a construction project

I got 16/1 on the Wembley rebuild not being complete for the 2006 cup final when that was set as the completion date in the autumn of 2005. It was clear that there were still major issues then.

It didn't open until the 2007 final.

Of course this is no Wembley but it is a job with many challenges.

Doesn't matter if everyone on site bleeds maroon, there is inherent optimism bias in on completion dates on construction programmes particularly when they start to drift.

People make a living out of the consequences.

Also, no offence, but having mostly jambo contractors on site doesn't equate to us having the best quality workforce on site.

Anyway, time will tell

?18m and a 12 month build might seem like a bargain a year from now.

Edited by Jammy T

Curtainwall companies do not design the look of the facade, they can only install to the Architects specification.....but then again you'd need to be a idiot not to know that!

:spoton:

I am no panic merchant but I know what can happen when things start to go wrong on a construction project

I got 16/1 on the Wembley rebuild not being complete for the 2006 cup final when that was set as the completion date in the autumn of 2005. It was clear that there were still major issues then.

Doesn't matter if everyone on site bleeds maroon, there is inherent optimism bias in on completion dates on construction programmes particularly when they start to drift.

Also, no offence, but having mostly jambo contractors on site doesn't equate to us having the best quality workforce on site.

Anyway, time will tell

Everything would've been ready for the 9th Sept apart the seats

I think it was more than late seats that caused the delays with Wembley :whistling:

This is perhaps a lot better

A bit more time now on certain things

Not getting home advantage for 3 games but might actually help the players as we settle into the season.

Everything would've been ready for the 9th Sept apart the seats

I think it was more than late seats that caused the delays with Wembley :whistling:

Yep - you didn't read the bit where I said this was no Wembley

Different projects have their own challenges. Smaller projects aren't necessarily more straightforward - from Budges and Thomaso's own lips this one isn't.

What other activities are being delayed by the seating - what contractors are involved? What other work have they got planned as they thought they'd have moved off site by then? Can they hang around? If they do, don't we have to pay their costs (answer we do)

This is perhaps a lot better

A bit more time now on certain things

Not getting home advantage for 3 games but might actually help the players as we settle into the season.

Those who opted for hospitality STs might end up getting a better deal out of it, given the suites wouldn't have been fully operational at first where as Murrayfield will.

Think Budge said come the Killie game a few of the suites will be fully operational (unless they forget to order chairs - wouldn't put it past them).

Edited by kila

Anyway, time will tell

Not far off 12 months for the first phase and maybe ?1-2m over initial estimates. Not bad all things considered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - you didn't read the bit where I said this was no Wembley

Different projects have their own challenges. Smaller projects aren't necessarily more straightforward - from Budges and Thomaso's own lips this one isn't.

What other activities are being delayed by the seating - what contractors are involved? What other work have they got planned as they thought they'd have moved off site by then? Can they hang around? If they do, don't we have to pay their costs (answer we do)

Seats can go in anytime - they just get bolted on. Who does that I don't know, but I imagine we haven't got a group of workies whose sole job was to bolt the seats down (and are now sitting on their arse until the shipment arrives).

It probably means more hands on deck elsewhere, particularly hospitality.

Edited by kila

Nice sharp images.

Used https://pixady.com to host them so no compression/resizing

Though the trouble with using third party hosting is when folk look back on this thread in years time, a number of the photos won't be visible anymore

Would like to see better forum image hosting here, that way the photos stay with JKB

Unknown user

Though the trouble with using third party hosting is when folk look back on this thread in years time, a number of the photos won't be visible anymore

Would like to see better forum image hosting here, that way the photos stay with JKB

I'm new to a paid sub on here but isn't image hosting part of it? Is it not good?

You can upload directly to KB.

I remain sceptical about the face caps (yes, I know what we see now isn't the final product).

If I remember correctly, it was confirmed earlier in the thread that the caps between the light grey glazed panels will be the same colour as the caps between the clear class panels.

I'm really not sure about that....... surely that's still going to result in the striped / grid type look? I'd have thought that the caps should be as invisible as possible.

Caps between the grey glazed panels should be the very same grey colour that the panels are, and between the clear glass should be something like black I'd have thought.

I'd have thought the aim would be to make the thing look as seamless as possible, no? Creating the illusion of one long piece of glass from Gorgie End to School End?

siegementality

I wasn't at the meet the management event??

Yet you claimed to have asked a question at the event as per post 956 on that thread.

Flogel14, on 09 May 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

This might have been discussed already, but the fan who tried to justify our past success in signing foreign players by mentioning Skacel and Fyssas. Yes these guys were great players and we would all love to have players of that calibre at the club nowadays, but getting players in like that on the wages they command nearly killed our club. Not their fault as individuals, but we can no longer recruit players outwith our means like that.

I couldn't believe someone would actually bring that up!

That was me

Ok, Flogel, Bruno (Aguiar and Pascale), Rousset etc etc

Wyness, Sutton, Nelson etc etc

The point is "going British" guarantees **** all. Lazy lazy lazy argument that is wrong as much as it is lazy.

Any team that we have had over the last 20 years that has had any success at all and/or played any kind of attractive "non-eye bleeding" football has had foreigners in it.

I brought the point discussed in that post up earlier on that thread - re-read the thread.

I wasn't at any meeting neither was Geoff who then agreed with my point.

As continually gets pointed out I'm never anywhere near Tynecastle, particularly on a Monday evening when I've been working on central London all day...

Edited by Jammy T

Buffalo Bill

Saw this photo on the FB group. What's interesting is that, looking at the distance and angle between the concourse and the touchline, you get a real sense here of the how the lower section will be a more shallower rake compared to other sections of the ground. I actually think this is a good part of the design, because from the TV gantry, you'll see more fans over that side of the pitch when the action is there...if you know what I mean?

20597238_1796407300377368_73540632708085

siegementality

I brought the point discussed in that post up earlier on that thread - re-read the thread.

I wasn't at any meeting neither was Geoff who then agreed with my point.

As continually gets pointed out I'm never anywhere near Tynecastle, particularly on a Monday evening when I've been working on central London all day...

Well I was at that event and that very question was asked by a guy, if memory serves, late 40's/early 50's, greyish hair, just about broke his neck to run up to get the mike from Scott Wilson. Couldn't have been you though cos you'd have been working in central London all day.

Saw this photo on the FB group. What's interesting is that, looking at the distance and angle between the concourse and the touchline, you get a real sense here of the how the lower section will be a more shallower rake compared to other sections of the ground. I actually think this is a good part of the design, because from the TV gantry, you'll see more fans over that side of the pitch when the action is there...if you know what I mean?

It's going to be barely noticeable.

Edited by Ray Gin

Well I was at that event and that very question was asked by a guy, if memory serves, late 40's/early 50's, greyish hair, just about broke his neck to run up to get the mike from Scott Wilson. Couldn't have been you though cos you'd have been working in central London all day.

I don't have grey hair mate

Not yet

Despite Hearts and despite JKB (and despite the missus).

And I'm early 40s...

;)

I don't even know the question you are talking about and as one of the biggest blaws on here who doesn't give a **** what people think why would I lie?

I'll PM you a photo of me if it sets your mind at ease

I'd just need a tenner from you...

:);)

Edited by Jammy T

Saw this photo on the FB group. What's interesting is that, looking at the distance and angle between the concourse and the touchline, you get a real sense here of the how the lower section will be a more shallower rake compared to other sections of the ground. I actually think this is a good part of the design, because from the TV gantry, you'll see more fans over that side of the pitch when the action is there...if you know what I mean?

It's good to get back to pictures on this thread!

The 4 degree difference in the gradient between the lower section and upper section will be discernible, but not dramatic - I think it'll still fit very well with the rest of the stadium. It'll be another wee factor amongst several (from inside the ground) that identify the main stand as the main stand.

I think it'll also make for a very good seating and visual experience - much better than the flatter gradient that were there with the old lower N and T sections.

Buffalo Bill

I don't have grey hair mate

Not yet

Despite Hearts and despite JKB (and despite the missus).

And I'm early 40s...

;)

I don't even know the question you are talking about and as one of the biggest blaws on here who doesn't give a **** what people think why would I lie?

I'll PM you a photo of me if it sets your mind at ease

I'd just need a tenner from you...

:);)

I can think of another person who charges ten pounds for PMs and sends photos of themselves...but not necessarily of their face!

I can think of another person who charges ten pounds for PMs and sends photos of themselves...but not necessarily of their face!

That was the point of the joke ;)

Don't worry siege it's free for you mate

Buffalo Bill

That was the point of the joke ;)

You tossed that one up in the air for me to knock out of the park :)

You tossed that one up in the air for me to knock out of the park :)

Aye I just needed to thwart the JammyT = Greenginger follow up chat....

...a bit disco

Anybody know about the dugouts?

Apparently going to be 'sunken' I've heard?

Hagar the Horrible

Stand will look great.

Still can't believe they ordered two escalators but forgot 6,000 seats.

Just make it a large standing section?  They appeared to have forgoten  filling in the corners as well?

Nice sharp images.

I assume the glass wall frontage (as per pic below) has still to be added to mask all the office windows?

image.jpg

I assume the glass wall frontage (as per pic below) has still to be added to mask all the office windows?

image.jpg

5-1 ya rocket.

image.jpg

This is an old artists impression - you need to refer to the latest version released by the Club a few months ago.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Dugouts, dugouts; Quick someone order the dugouts  :uhoh2:  :2thumbsup: 

Am I the only one who thinks the glass looks Sh!t? Not that I care that much, still an improvement. 

To me, it looks really good from the sides, not so much straight on. But given the budget and timescale, not that fussed about how pretty the outside is as long as the inside is top class (which I'm sure it will be).

Unknown user

image.jpg

Aye there'll be a ghost car zooming past too! Keep up ffs

image.jpg

The same image posted earlier this morning on the .net thread about our brand new stand. Not even trying to hide.

Edited by hughesie27

Unknown user

There won't be any, they'll be using a wee section of the stand IIRC Edited by ManMoth

August Landmesser

There won't be any, they'll be using a wee section of the stand IIRC

Like Old Trafford? Shteve will feel right at home...

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

This is an old artists impression - you need to refer to the latest version released by the Club a few months ago.

Is this the most recent impression? If so, it's still described as a 'glass wall' but compared to the original artist's impression (which looks quite spectacular) that no longer seems to be the case. It's more like two rows of office windows with some cladding in between?

http://seasontickets.heartsfc.co.uk/

Is this the most recent impression? If so, it's still described as a 'glass wall' but compared to the original artist's impression (which looks quite spectacular) that no longer seems to be the case. It's more like two rows of office windows with some cladding in between?

:awdoone:

Lucille's Thirsty

Come on now when all of this is done our new main stand will be the best looking in Scotland and that includes Celtic and Rangers as theirs is more retro.

I would mention Hibs but their main stand looks like an amazon warehouse, if you made you're way to Dunfermline you get a good idea why I would say that, it's like a replica of your main stand.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Come on now when all of this is done our new main stand will be the best looking in Scotland and that includes Celtic and Rangers as theirs is more retro.

I would mention Hibs but their main stand looks like an amazon warehouse, if you made you're way to Dunfermline you get a good idea why I would say that, it's like a replica of your main stand.

To be honest the external brickwork at both Ibrox and Parkhead looks very good.

sandylejambo

image.jpg

it's nice of the people in the flats letting us put the badge on their wall, wouldn't get that down your way