New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

been here before

The front of the stand is where you watch a football match , surely , or is that the back ? "Lol"

So everyone who goes in will be going in the back.

Im not understanding the relevance of your opera house either.

Fist of all I think it's an incredible achievement to have reached the point where we can build such a thing.. Credit to all involved.. And it's no reflection on Thomaso's work or the work of his company, but I do think some of the architectural decision s around the glass are a bit strange

Image dark tinted glass with maroon and white highlights around the fringes without the grey panels.. Would have looked sensational, especially with the backlit Tynecastle Park and badge on top of it..would have looked cool.. Yes I know there were lighting considerations also

It's really not important in the grans scheme of things but again.. It's doesn't look as good as it could have in my I'll Informed opinion

Yeah I think maroon instead of neutral/grey glass for the facade would've been better too. The neutral/grey does allow for reflections, so it looks nice from the side, but in reality you only see that view from the street at the Roseburn end.

Still, it's the inside that matters. High hopes the suites will be fantastic and the single tier will complete the look of Tynecastle.

Roxy Hearts

Is this the most recent impression? If so, it's still described as a 'glass wall' but compared to the original artist's impression (which looks quite spectacular) that no longer seems to be the case. It's more like two rows of office windows with some cladding in between?

http://seasontickets.heartsfc.co.uk/

Show me yours ya fandan.

been here before

Some odd people on here have difficulty appreciating a good quality building.

In as much as some people have difficulty appreciating that people have different opinions.

been here before

Some odd people on here have difficulty appreciating a good quality building.

In as much as some odd people on here have difficulty appreciating that people have different opinions.

Edited by been here before

maroonlegions

It might change when the badge and the lettering go on but those who said it looks like the Co-op at Tollcross, Chesser Hpuse or the demolished govt buildings by St James arent too far wrong.

Its a bit ugly.

You are never a Hearts fan, not because of your opinion on the new stand  but because of the way you worded that piece of utter shite.

First class trolling too.

Compared to the Hibs stand our new stand is a stand out,its  more than a stand to, but you knew that too as well.  FTH.

By the light

Fist of all I think it's an incredible achievement to have reached the point where we can build such a thing.. Credit to all involved.. And it's no reflection on Thomaso's work or the work of his company, but I do think some of the architectural decision s around the glass are a bit strange

Image dark tinted glass with maroon and white highlights around the fringes without the grey panels.. Would have looked sensational, especially with the backlit Tynecastle Park and badge on top of it..would have looked cool.. Yes I know there were lighting considerations also

It's really not important in the grans scheme of things but again.. It's doesn't look as good as it could have in my I'll Informed opinion

Agreed

alicante jambo

My old man isn't too great atm. Anyway nipped in to see him this morning and showed him the time-lapse video from Facebook. He was stunned. He went on to say I have to make it to just see one game from there!!

He also said he'd never thought he'd see something that getting built in his day!!

There's a lot of moaning and some of it is maybe justified but we sometimes need to take a step back and actually appreciate where we were and how far we've come

HHGH

Mate hope youre dad gets well.Sure all the jambos feel the same.

By the light

Agreed

August Landmesser

Square goes about how people have misunderstood other people about what some people have said about the stand.

::yas::

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

From this evening

842786_img7841.jpg

169172_img7847.jpg

They're like the couple I took at 19:02. You got a blue transit?

First time I've been round in ages. **** look's mighty like

Agreed

For the very last time, the dark tinted glass would monkey with the thermal characteristics of a glass facade this size.  :facepalm:

kingantti1874

For the very last time, the dark tinted glass would monkey with the thermal characteristics of a glass facade this size. :facepalm:

Because there are no building in the world of this size with tinted glass, it's a technical impossibility.. You should really only use facepalms when your making a point which cannot be disputed

sairyinthat

Has BSB eased up with the steelwork  pitchside now that the September deadline has been put back?Reason I ask is Three of the beams poss Four were lying trackside before the end of last week and I see they have not yet been attached  going by the first of the Two photo's above.Has there been any movement on fixing the shorter beams to trackside towards the Gorgie end.

Thomaso, when does the Hearts Badge and Tyncastle Park lettering go up?

Not aware of the specific delivery date but I would imagine it will be installed once ground works are complete

I love it! but it does look a bit like Edinburgh airport, which isn't exactly bonnie.

The airport must have gone through a massive transformation since I was there a couple of weeks ago.......

Is that a threat :laugh4:  half time meet up to discuss your incompatibility to discern what stand below is superior quality. :laugh4:   

Seriously though.

This.

296ECC6D00000578-0-image-a-48_1433717037

Compared to this,.

594330fcad8580bb45f25006d9453ca0.jpg

No need to discuss my FACTS  on the  utter shite contained in that  post you made on our new stand then.

Rather have a pie and bovril  at half time sweetie.   :5643:

Not really a valid comparison. That's the back of the away end at Easter Road. The back of the away end at Tynecastle is little more than functional either.

Not really a valid comparison. That's the back of the away end at Easter Road. The back of the away end at Tynecastle is little more than functional either.

But the Easter Road main stand isn't a patch our new one. :smugger:

kingantti1874

Why don't you post a picture of the back of the main stand then? :rofl: looks even worse

Square goes about how people have misunderstood other people about what some people have said about the stand.

: :yas::

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

InternetFight.gif

People saying it looks horrible are forgetting a couple of factors:

1. No lighting. Once their is light inside the glass will look better and more colourful

2. Outside is a wasteland, once it's all done up itll look pretty nifty

Craig Gordons Gloves

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread (there's alot in it) but what is going on with the red and maroon panels at either end? I can understand maroon and white, but why red ones?

Posting this photo again as on my Taptalk app a photo of the shithole is heading the thread! So hopefully this will change it.36bc962e465f49558f3af171dd19c657.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Our stadium is more unison than you're shitehole, what a gorgeous little stadium we'll have with all the improvements.

Bridge of Djoum

I take it that there will be more segregation between that hedge  near the steps that lead up to the entrance of the Roseburn stand??  I mean imagine Hobos walking past on route to the Roseburn stand.  :uhoh2:     :peepwall:  :peek_by_Andrin:     

They won't get past the Hedge of Doom!!

Bridge of Djoum

Aye there'll be a ghost car zooming past too! Keep up ffs

The wee girl bottom right must be in her early 20's by now.

Bridge of Djoum

Pic 1.............. another sell out at fester by the looks of things

I think that pic is from their needle exchange open day.

RustyRightPeg

Gonna nip down later this evening if the weather stays the same. Not seen the glass side of the stand in person as of yet.

Photo's to follow!

Gonna nip down later this evening if the weather stays the same. Not seen the glass side of the stand in person as of yet.

Photo's to follow!

Remember and take them side on. Say no to stripes! :D

Rudolf's Mate

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread (there's alot in it) but what is going on with the red and maroon panels at either end? I can understand maroon and white, but why red ones?

It's different that's for sure however looking at it if it were just maroon and white it's possible it would look too bland. Maybe.

Posting this photo again as on my Taptalk app a photo of the shithole is heading the thread! So hopefully this will change it.36bc962e465f49558f3af171dd19c657.jpg

Good picture

The great thing about these frontages is how they look in different light

And we do get lots of different light conditions

It's different that's for sure however looking at it if it were just maroon and white it's possible it would look too bland. Maybe.

Agreed. Someone mocked up a photo with maroon and white panels... it looked like the tiles on a Denistoun tenement stair. The maroon and red look good imo.

Rudolf's Mate

Agreed. Someone mocked up a photo with maroon and white panels... it looked like the tiles on a Denistoun tenement stair. The maroon and red look good imo.

Not a dig at anyone but it's easy to dislike something that's not finished. I wouldn't have put those colours on myself however it's quite nice and different. I will however hold judgment on it until it's complete because, as we all know, people's views can change greatly.

Looking positive though.

Not a dig at anyone but it's easy to dislike something that's not finished. I wouldn't have put those colours on myself however it's quite nice and different. I will however hold judgment on it until it's complete because, as we all know, people's views can change greatly.

Looking positive though.

Yeah, I agree. I have stated before that I'm not keen on the striped effect that you get looking straight on to the facade, however, it's a relatively minor thing and I may have gone a bit too far by pulling Thomaso's plonker on it. I love the way it looks side on though, it almost disappears in to the background as the reflected tenements make it look transparent. I really like the red and maroon panels too, they break up the grey quite a lot face on. Overall it will look pretty damn spectacular when finished, I am quite certain of that.

People saying it looks horrible are forgetting a couple of factors:

1. No lighting. Once their is light inside the glass will look better and more colourful

2. Outside is a wasteland, once it's all done up itll look pretty nifty

3. All glass and face caps to be fitted

4. HMFC illuminated crest and "TYNECASTLE PARK" to be installed.

5 Sparkle clean by the window cleaner!

Yeah, I agree. I have stated before that I'm not keen on the striped effect that you get looking straight on to the facade, however, it's a relatively minor thing and I may have gone a bit too far by pulling Thomaso's plonker on it. I love the way it looks side on though, it almost disappears in to the background as the reflected tenements make it look transparent. I really like the red and maroon panels too, they break up the grey quite a lot face on. Overall it will look pretty damn spectacular when finished, I am quite certain of that.

You pulled my plonker???

:cornette:

3. All glass and face caps to be fitted

4. HMFC illuminated crest and "TYNECASTLE PARK" to be installed.

5 Sparkle clean by the window cleaner!

6. Trees planted.

7. People milling about about.

After a while people will not even notice the glass from the gray. 

:surrender:

You pulled my plonker???

:cornette:

Figuratively, obviously. I quite like how personally you take any criticism of the project, whilst ripping other HMFC employees. Those two things combined make it fun to voice my criticisms of the new stand build in a more nippy manner. :)