New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

If we are getting marron trees, we should paint the grass as well.

As for the window cleaning, they should collect the slavers and tears from jkb and with that a free weekly wash will bd possible.

Someone mentioned self cleaning glass, was that a wind up? If not are we using it?

The glad debate was back a fair bit.

A window cleaner Could easily charge about ?4-500 quid for that per week. I have shops under my contract with about 6 windows getting charged about ?50/?60 a month for a bi- monthly clean.

think they've got a local Arabian firm cleaning the windows, guy that owns it is called Sheikh Ma Chamois.

think they've got a local Arabian firm cleaning the windows, guy that owns it is called Sheikh Ma Chamois.

Your spot on bud. The private car park is also to be manned by an Egyptian lad called Tootan Cummin

Thomaso, Reading about the self cleaning glass on here so no idea how it works or costs involved.

On a slightly different topic, been thinking for awhile to get new glazing for my house - too much afternoon sun

and found a glass which you can put a power supply to and it can be either translucent or opaque.

Also can send a feed from your computer to be displayed on the glass, it has a LED membrane or something between the panes.

Just wondering if there are any such plans for the Sky101 restaurant?

self cleaning glass is good for dust but rubbish with birds shit

And if it's anything like self cleaning ovens you still need to clean them

Clerry Jambo

And if it's anything like self cleaning ovens you still need to clean them

Spot on Mikey, I was flogged self cleaning windaes many years ago and trust me, i clean them every week!!!

Japanese Maple trees should be the tree of choice. 

You can get very deep maroon leaves from them! 

purple-ghost-japanese-maple-1.jpg

Excellent choice.

highlandjambo3

HELP PLEASE

Do I want to look at the new stand in all its glory from afar or, do I want to be in it?........where will I sit?

HELP PLEASE

Do I want to look at the new stand in all its glory from afar or, do I want to be in it?........where will I sit?

How about a season in the Wheatfield so you can take it all in and then move next season.

Space Mackerel

Good suggestion.

Crimson King maple trees are also the right colour.

I'm guessing that tree and that size and age probably costs around ?500 to ?800.

scott herbertson

A massive jam tart would certainly send a message across the city...

I like your thinking

Just need to find an inventor who can make one. Sure there's a guy somewhere but he's a bit difficult to find except in emergencies

85629-batman-bat-signal.jpg?w=265&h=300

Lucille's Thirsty

:lol:

I do realise that tree leaves are usually green but is having maroon leaves going a bit too far?

kingantti1874

I do realise that tree leaves are usually green but is having maroon leaves going a bit too far?

The trees will have maroon leaves.

Hearts will be creating jobs with the new stand

Hospitality, restaurant, window cleaning

A positive development in the area

It's true

Actually every colour that exists is represented in the plant / flower world

Sometimes climate limits what you can do but not by much

The trees will have maroon leaves.

And rightly so, they will enhance what will be a beautiful facade & piazza area, this will be one of the best entrances to a stadium anywhere in the uk which I & I'm sure everyone of a hearts persuasion will be proud of. It will make our FoH contributions more tangible.

We're getting Prunus cerasifera 'Nigra' (Black Cherry Plum) according to the planning application.

smsyeu.jpg

jamboinglasgow

Saw a photo on the Facebook page, only 3 pillars are still standing and only a small bit of the stand still up. Looks like the old main stand will be no more by the end of the week.

We're getting Prunus cerasifera 'Nigra' (Black Cherry Plum) according to the planning application.

smsyeu.jpg

Great decision by whoever.  Those trees are spectacular when they blossom in the Spring.

Great decision by whoever. Those trees are spectacular when they blossom in the Spring.

"The leaves of this flowering cherry tree emerge bronze before colouring to purple/black and then red and orange in the Autumn"

Source - Ornamental Tree Nurseries

Cuttings advice available too

Footballfirst

Saw a photo on the Facebook page, only 3 pillars are still standing and only a small bit of the stand still up. Looks like the old main stand will be no more by the end of the week.

These ones?

Aj2IJlW.jpg

6eYmY3h.jpg

0n2q0dg.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Stephen Muddie

I agree, did we actually win anything while sporting our olde English Tea Shoppe version?

Bloody jinx ;)

1998051603.jpg
Well played sir.

Despite what Mr Contrary is saying on this thread and Trying to pass off as fact as usual ( :sailor: ), most hearts fans I know prefer it to the piemans effort

:verysmug:

Unknown user

Well played sir.

Despite what Mr Contrary is saying on this thread and Trying to pass off as fact as usual ( :sailor: ), most hearts fans I know prefer it to the piemans effort

:verysmug:

I tend to keep quiet on this one because the newer generations simply won't have the same attachment, but there was just something right about that old badge. If they had to change it, they could have made the ball a bit more ball like and made the font just a bit clearer. I wouldn't have done anything else myself

HMFC%20Crest%203%2072dpi.jpg

Gorgeous

Lucille's Thirsty

I tend to keep quiet on this one because the newer generations simply won't have the same attachment, but there was just something right about that old badge. If they had to change it, they could have made the ball a bit more ball like and made the font just a bit clearer. I wouldn't have done anything else myself

HMFC%20Crest%203%2072dpi.jpg

Gorgeous

Maybe in the 80's mate but the badge we have now is one of the best in professional football IMO. Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Maybe in the 80's mate but the badge we have now is one of the best in professional football IMO.

Maybe daft question...but how does the current badge differ? I thought this was the hearts badge?

Unknown user

Maybe in the 80's mate but the badge we have now is one of the best in professional football IMO.

Most of the 90s too! The new one's sound, I love it, but it's just not as good IMO. Wrong shade of maroon too

I agree, did we actually win anything while sporting our olde English Tea Shoppe version?

Bloody jinx ;)

1998051603.jpg

Damn, it was the following season it changed.  :frustrated:

been here before

Maybe daft question...but how does the current badge differ? I thought this was the hearts badge?

Different font for the HMFC, a line under the 1874, the edge is yello/gold as opposed to black, the cobbles round the edge are thinner on the modern one and the ball clearer in the middle.

Edited by been here before

Buffalo Bill

The 50s-90s Hearts crest is no more for two reasons. One, because the club didn't have any copyright to it and two, the ye olde English font wasn't great for marketing purposes.

This is our crest; it's the best in the world and will be displayed proudly from the new stand.

Hearts.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Bill

The 50s-90s Hearts crest is no more for two reasons. One, because the club didn't have any copyright to it and two, the ye olde English font wasn't great for marketing purposes.

This is our crest; it's the best in the world and will be displayed proudly from the new stand.

Hearts.jpg

Something funny going on with the letters on that...

I can't seem to post an image link, but the following badge looks more like it...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/61/Heart_of_Midlothian_FC_logo.svg/1070px-Heart_of_Midlothian_FC_logo.svg.png

Edited by Hearts_fan

Thomaso, do you know why the top thin row of panes are grey too? I'm aware the others are to hide the floors but looking at the pics, I'd have thought the top ones might have been clear to improve the view for folk in the 'skyline' restaurant. How high does the top edge sit above the finished floor level?

The opaque panels at the top mask the roof parapet upstand.

The opaque panels at the top mask the roof parapet upstand.

What's the reason for that? Is it to make the skyline the only visible feature from the lounge (hiding the school etc)?

Thomaso, Reading about the self cleaning glass on here so no idea how it works or costs involved.

On a slightly different topic, been thinking for awhile to get new glazing for my house - too much afternoon sun

and found a glass which you can put a power supply to and it can be either translucent or opaque.

Also can send a feed from your computer to be displayed on the glass, it has a LED membrane or something between the panes.

Just wondering if there are any such plans for the Sky101 restaurant?

No plans

Lucille's Thirsty

The 50s-90s Hearts crest is no more for two reasons. One, because the club didn't have any copyright to it and two, the ye olde English font wasn't great for marketing purposes.

Hearts.jpg

I couldn't agree more BB,ours is classy,elegant yet simple and most importantly it's unique.

The skyline restaurant glass is clear in the artists impression.

It is clear. He was referring to the top row of the curved facade

Unknown user

Something funny going on with the letters on that...

I can't seem to post an image link, but the following badge looks more like it...

1070px-Heart_of_Midlothian_FC_logo.svg.p

I noticed that with the one that was on the old main stand actually, the letters were so big that they were intruding on the saltire

Edit - actually it looks like the blue lines are thicker on the other one rather than the letters being big

Edited by Smithee

Hagar the Horrible

Different font for the HMFC, a line under the 1874, the edge is yello/gold as opposed to black, the cobbles round the edge are thinner on the modern one and the ball clearer in the middle.

Its not a ball in the middle its a split sun,  and that was my Hearts badge for my generation, things move on but the Old English font looked class.  I also loved the old style cowboy font on the bill board above the Gorgie Road entrance, they shoud re-do this as part of a future phase, it always make you look up and ponder when you drive past,

Glad I am not an Everton or Leeds fan as theirs changes way too often.

Unknown user

Its not a ball in the middle its a split sun, and that was my Hearts badge for my generation, things move on but the Old English font looked class. I also loved the old style cowboy font on the bill board above the Gorgie Road entrance, they shoud re-do this as part of a future phase, it always make you look up and ponder when you drive past,

Glad I am not an Everton or Leeds fan as theirs changes way too often.

It was the badge for my generation too, but that was a football in the middle mate - split sun, that's the first time I've heard that!!

The 50s-90s Hearts crest is no more for two reasons. One, because the club didn't have any copyright to it and two, the ye olde English font wasn't great for marketing purposes.

Hearts.jpg

If I remember rightly it was CPR that changed it to the present badge.

If I remember rightly it was CPR that changed it to the present badge.

No doubt he claimed 'it wasn't fit for purpose'.

No doubt he claimed 'it wasn't fit for purpose'.

IIRC it was because the original badge had never been copyrighted. He had the new badge drawn up to protect the club's commercial income.

I was no fan of CPR by the way. 

IIRC it was because the original badge had never been copyrighted. He had the new badge drawn up to protect the club's commercial income.

I was no fan of CPR by the way. 

Was anyone?

troonmaroon

It was the badge for my generation too, but that was a football in the middle mate - split sun, that's the first time I've heard that!!

Whilst I'm not claiming to know what it was meant to be, it has to be said it looks nothing like a ball.

Hagar the Horrible

Its the split sun

Whilst I'm not claiming to know what it was meant to be, it has to be said it looks nothing like a ball.

It totally does, that was the way the panels were stitched together for a while.

Edited by Poseidon