New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

scott herbertson

Harry Kinnear behind Carruthers ? Jimmy Cant right at the back ? 

I think Jim Brown (half his head) in front of JJ

Buffalo Bill

Not a great sky for photos today, but I would imagine the last of the old stand is down now.

Awaiting another great shot from Hearts' Twitter.

Thats a PHM spot that, I salute you sir, Harry Kinnear

Be interesting to know the actual pitch size back then. The track used to be massive on the stand side.

66ab6aa27bff7fbe4954e2410a0c7622.jpg

249804ef691ac77811eabbf537a47804.jpg

Left to right: Jim Cruickshank, Neil Murray, Donald Ford, John Hagart, Andy Lynch, Alan Anderson, Joe Morgan, Tommy Murray & Roy Kay, Ian Sneddon, Eric Carruthers (Harry Kinnear behind him), Peter Oliver, Bobby Conn?, Not sure of two hidden behind - Jim Brown (maybe?) , Jim Jefferies (far right)

Stephen Muddie

Just nipped up for a look

Not been up in a few weeks

Oooooooooft. Magnificent

I was at Stratties on Friday meeting a friend. Took a wander round the corner. Totally agree in person it is breathtaking. I hadn't been down that way since the frame was only just started Edited by Stephen Muddie

John Findlay

Was at Tynie today and took a look at the building of the new stand. It is one massive structure and I am convinced it will look magnificent when complete.

Jimmy Cant at the back, said everyone attack, and it turned into a Busby blitz....

John Findlay

Jimmy Cant at the back, said everyone attack, and it turned into a Busby blitz....

The corner of the shed was full of fighting neds as they tore each other to shreds.

RealMaroonCF

I was at Stratties on Friday meeting a friend. Took a wander round the corner. Totally agree in person it is breathtaking. I hadn't been down that way since the frame was only just started

It's incredible really. Outside the OF all the teams will be spewing

It's a blooming work of art!

It really does look worthy of what it is replacing. I'd love to have a box in that stand

Buffalo Bill

From a friend's Facebook...

19512504_10155571911316392_1936553229_n.
19512317_10155571912096392_1472940983_n.

Last bit of the old stand still standing.
Edited by Buffalo Bill

Tommy Brown

The old enclosure photos got me thinking back.

Don't recall the wee bit under the Ross sign, but to the right of that was a room with windows that blind supporters went into and got a running commentary.

Can't see the windows, I fear I have totally made this up. :lol:

First game in the enclosure as an 11 year old, in the smaller for a Hearts v Rangers (1973) 4-2 to them. Was sitting on the barrier you can see at the back.

My first OF game and found it quite a scary experience.

seeing the other photo a few posts further back (pre shed), when was the shed built?

The Future's Maroon

My mate is doing part of the demolishing work, even being a stonch Hibby, said the new stand is a stunning project and admits it will be superb when finished.

Unfortunately, also confirmed that at least two Hobo tops have buried with opportunity to get a couple more when the concrete is done at pitchside...but I guess (as he said) it's just daft banter and we started it!

Went past myself on way home from work, seems to get bigger everytime I see it, outstanding and a credit to those running the club and of course the fans.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Shuggy Shaw right at the back

Looks like Jim Jeffries at the back, Bobby prentice leading the way, who is the tall guy in the middle of the pack?

Looks like Jim Jeffries at the back, Bobby prentice leading the way, who is the tall guy in the middle of the pack?

Shuggy Shaw at back behind BANNON

ginger jambo98

Is it Lawrie Tierney ?

ginger jambo98, on 27 Jun 2017 - 9:18 PM, said:ginger jambo98, on 27 Jun 2017 - 9:18 PM, said:

Malky Robertson ?

:2thumbsup: meant to say that

Edited by Hearts007

Laurance Tierney.

Well done, here's another along the same lines for bit fun. [emoji4]

39c95655be8df2537dc8271b13aa3aec.jpg

Left to right: Jim Jefferies, Stuart Cribbes ?, Graham Shaw, Eamonn Bannon, Malcolm Robertson, Walter Kidd, Donald Park & John Gallacher, Lawrie Tierney, Jackie Smyth, Willie Gibson, Ian Black, Bobby Prentice, David Johnston & Donald or Ian McLaren. Season 1977-78?

These players bring back memories, so do the shirts, just like my first ever BUT what really caught my eye (and put a tear into it) were the boards at the back right hand side of the North Enclosure (next to the refreshment kiosk).

These boards were used to cover the goal mouths between games to protect the pitch. A few years earlier than when this photograph was taken as a very young boy I stood on them to watch as we got beaten by Killie (0-2) when we lost the league on goal average (!!), ah well there's always next year ....

jamtartan74

nice Umbro top that is, striking similarities to this seasons, coincidence? Great pic btw [emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heartsfc_fan

19512504_10155571911316392_1936553229_n.

19512317_10155571912096392_1472940983_n.

Oh my!

My mate is doing part of the demolishing work, even being a stonch Hibby, said the new stand is a stunning project and admits it will be superb when finished.

Unfortunately, also confirmed that at least two Hobo tops have buried with opportunity to get a couple more when the concrete is done at pitchside...but I guess (as he said) it's just daft banter and we started it!

Went past myself on way home from work, seems to get bigger everytime I see it, outstanding and a credit to those running the club and of course the fans.

photaes or am no buying it

maroondevo52

Umbro tops!

Used to watch them training from my English class in the background.

Francis Albert

711c9c9c32dec852a33b2642dce90926.jpg

The depth of the grass "run-off" behind the goals and in front of the Main stand would surely suggest the pitch size must have been at it's smallest ever?

The pitch was much larger then . It changed from being one of the largest pitches in Scotland to one of the smallest when the three old new stands were built. Billy McNeil in his autobiography said he liked Tynecastle because it felt spacious. Changed days.

Francis Albert

711c9c9c32dec852a33b2642dce90926.jpg

The depth of the grass "run-off" behind the goals and in front of the Main stand would surely suggest the pitch size must have been at it's smallest ever?

Double post

Edited by Francis Albert

davemclaren

The pitch was much larger then . It changed from being one of the largest pitches in Scotland to one of the smallest when the three old new stands were built. Billy McNeil in his autobiography said he liked Tynecastle because it felt spacious. Changed days.

The price of staying at Tynecastle.

Forza Cuore

Cracking set of Adidas Sambas front and centre :)

What is the last section of the old main stand standing? Looks far enough along to be to the left of centre... At a guess it looks like Section P ?

Total guess though.

SectionDJambo

Are ourselves and Hibs the only Scottish clubs to have completely rebuilt on our old site?

Others have put seats in and built covers, or moved location.

davemclaren

Are ourselves and Hibs the only Scottish clubs to have completely rebuilt on our old site?

Depends on your definition and timeframes of completely rebuilt I suppose.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can't think of anyone as all the other clubs have at least one original, all be it, revamped stand.

Laurance Tierney.

I think you're right.

I have it my mind he is no longer with us, must have been quite young when he died.

If I'm wrong, sorry Lawrence!

Unknown user

I can't think of anyone as all the other clubs have at least one original, all be it, revamped stand.

I don't know what you mean by original, this is pittodrie in 1929

pittodriepast2.jpg

This is ibrox in 1920

300px-Second_Ibrox_Park_1910.jpg

Looks like they've been more than revamped to me!

heartsfc_fan

Rugby Park? Not sure.

Allowayjambo1874

Would you consider Hampden as just getting seated and covered or total revamp? Depends how far back you go I think the oldest stand in tannadice Is from 60s but could be wrong. I like these quirky trivia questions because I'm sad!!

I believe that to be the case.

Main Stand at Ibrox has been renovated and enlarged but is still the original building.

The same goes for Celtic Park the original main stand extended and improved.

Three new stands at Rugby Park but the original main stand still there.

davemclaren

I believe that to be the case.

Main Stand at Ibrox has been renovated and enlarged but is still the original building.

The same goes for Celtic Park the original main stand extended and improved.

Three new stands at Rugby Park but the original main stand still there.

The Celtic main stand dates from the 60s/70s.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't know what you mean by original, this is pittodrie in 1929

pittodriepast2.jpg

This is ibrox in 1920

300px-Second_Ibrox_Park_1910.jpg

Looks like they've been more than revamped to me!

I think the point was since the all seater rules came into force in the 90s when most clubs had to build new stands or stick seats in old sheds or open terraces.