New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Really? Good stuff if so. I thought I'd read Thomaso saying earlier there was to be different coloured glazing in those rows. (Worth adding, it seems to be on four rows/ three floors.)

The neutral grey opaque glass panels are there to mask the floor slabs within the building.

The coloured panels will be glazed into the side elevation curtainwalling at either end of 'curved' main curtainwalling.

All the images released by the club showed them as white?

The images were more light grey than white - as I keep saying computer generated artist impressions are never truly accurate.

Edited by Thomaso

Had hoped that the opaque bits would be maroon. Unless something still has to be added.

All down to personal preference, however the Club images never ever showed maroon panels to the horizontal banding to the 'curved' curtainwalling. There will however be maroon coloured glass panels to the side elevations.

The neutral grey opaque glass panels are there to mask the floor slabs within the building.

The coloured panels will be glazed into the side elevation curtainwalling at either end of 'curved' main curtainwalling.

So, as someone suggested above, are these opaque panels temporary?

kingantti1874

I wouldn't think so given They are there to hide the floor..

ming the merciless

All hail Ming.

Great picture.

Mate, you have no idea how long I've waited for someone to say that to me - cheers! Must go, Flash Gordon is acting up again.

No they are hiding the floor the maroon ones will be at the sides.

The images were more light grey than white - as I keep saying computer generated artist impressions are never truly accurate.

Thanks Thomaso, I wasn't questioning the colour but just responding to an earlier poster who said they had hoped they would be maroon, when as you say the artists impressions showed them to be light grey/white.

To clarify the 'temporary' opaque panels I was referring to were the ones behind the clear glass on the first floor.

Like others I was unsure about the change from an all clear glass front, but now its going up I think its going to look amazing, and can't wait to see the finished stand.

No they are permanent. My previous comments were related to barriers inside the building that could be seen through the clear glass areas.

Cant think why anyone would think they would go to all the expense and time to fit all these panels if they were temporary.

Sheep shites are known as purlies, certainly known as that in my family (we're not sheep). I always understood 'purlies' was derived from the word 'pearl' ? meaning the shites were basically little brown pearls!

In fact! Pearly whites! Shites! Of course! Cockney rhyming slang. Maybe that's it.

Thanks for the sheep shite info, & the cockney rhyming slang lesson. Every day is a learning day here on KB.

Amazing that we build a new stand with clear views for everyone then go and get a pole to put on the pitch. The running of this club is deteriorating rapidly !

So once the old stand's completely gone, is there more piling to be done before the front half of the new goes up? Apologies if it's already been asked.

c27a6d8f72289cb96937621c0bff57ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the plumber love!!!! I've got a flood in my basement!

StirlingJambo

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but have the club not thought off fans paying money for their names being put onto bricks of the new stand? Would be a bit extra cash and I know more fans would certainly be intrested in that

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but have the club not thought off fans paying money for their names being put onto bricks of the new stand? Would be a bit extra cash and I know more fans would certainly be intrested in that

No Bad idea that.

?25 a brick.

I'm in!

Make it so Hearts.

Edit: Is there actually any exposed brick walls in the new stand that 'names on bricks' would even be seen?

Edited by Pans Jambo

StirlingJambo

No Bad idea that.

?25 a brick.

I'm in!

Make it so Hearts.

Edit: Is there actually any exposed brick walls in the new stand that 'names on bricks' would even be seen?

Not sure if there is mate. Surely there will be though

It would probably cost more than was worthwhile.

We also have the memorial garden which acts as that. It's not necessarily just for the deceased. There are bricks for families in there I am sure.

Edited by hughesie27

Ann Budge was on Sky Sports to talk about fixtures, when cameras go "live" to Tynecastle, part of the old Main Stand comes tumbling down.

Sorry not PC literate enough to post the clip, but I'm sure there are plenty of experts on here who could oblige.

Ann Budge was on Sky Sports to talk about fixtures, when cameras go "live" to Tynecastle, part of the old Main Stand comes tumbling down.

Sorry not PC literate enough to post the clip, but I'm sure there are plenty of experts on here who could oblige.

Please someone get this footage up.

Please someone get this footage up.

Another teaser there at 10.00 on Sky Sports. The 2 yellow fellows are in action, there will not be much left by the end of the day.

So much for Health & Safety, the groundsman was cutting the park in the latest clip :2thumbsup:

Another teaser there at 10.00 on Sky Sports. The 2 yellow fellows are in action, there will not be much left by the end of the day.

So much for Health & Safety, the groundsman was cutting the park in the latest clip :2thumbsup:

One of my favourite photos posted so far is diggers pulling down the old stand in the background while the grass is being cut in the foreground

I think farin took it

No Bad idea that.

?25 a brick.

I'm in!

Make it so Hearts.

100 quid to have yer name on a window

All roads lead to Gorgie

No Bad idea that.

?25 a brick.

I'm in!

Make it so Hearts.

There was a mock up of the hospitality lounges with some old bricks surrounding the support pillars. Only a few people would be able to see them though if that was where the potentially named bricks were to be used.

There was a mock up of the hospitality lounges with some old bricks surrounding the support pillars. Only a few people would be able to see them though if that was where the potentially named bricks were to be used.

Yeah I think thats where the idea falls down really. If it was an exposed wall on the way to the turnstyles between the new stand and the Gorgie then that would be OK but I dont think an internal wall would work unless its on one of the concourses.

One thing this thread is missing is moving images of the work.

I'm about as far away from Tynie as you can get and the pictures have been great entertainment every day as I head to work. However watching that interview with Budge it gives you a proper sense of scale compared to the perfectly framed images posted by the good folk so far.

Get that drone up!

And a massive thanks to everyone taking the time to document to progress.

Edited by hughesie27

Lucille's Thirsty

Nice to see the glass facade taking shape it'll look epic at night games.

Mate, you have no idea how long I've waited for someone to say that to me - cheers! Must go, Flash Gordon is acting up again.

Don't tell me - he wants paid for not being in the House of Lords doing virtually nothing as opposed to you who is there and is paid for achieving exactly the same outcome.

Cant think why anyone would think they would go to all the expense and time to fit all these panels if they were temporary.

I was only wondering because I thought they looked shite :look:

Jambojay84, on 23 Jun 2017 - 1:46 PM, said:

917ae19893a5bbe2ea27dc5b03361ed0.jpg29e1469478a3cab9e1d929f809c5aeec.jpgwas passing by today thought I'd take a quick photo for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:2thumbsup:

I'm just back from holiday in Arnhem, whilst I was there I took a walk to the Gelredome home of Vitesse Arnhem and the stadium is all glass but more boxy than Tynie will be.

I took some photos but have no idea how to get them from my phone to my laptop, tried all sorts but to no avail. The front of the stadium is convex as opposed to ours but worth a wee look on google.

Sort of related, but I brought a friend from Arnhem to the Aberdeen game, and he said that Tynecastle is by far the best stadium he's ever been to. :thumbsup:

John Findlay

The installed glass units with comply with all safety and Building Regs requirements.

Which doesn't mean much in light of recent events:-0)

jambo-in-furness

Which doesn't mean much in light of recent events:-0)

Time will tell, but I think the "recent event" you are referring to will find that that building did not meet fire safety building regs.

But hey ho slag if you must no matter how irrelevant.

queensferryjambo

That pitch though, looks like a carpet :)

Yes it does - 

19390553_10213462717469419_4769805923987

Edited by queensferryjambo

fireeagle51

Yes it does -

19390553_10213462717469419_4769805923987

Any chance you could take a picture of the new tunnel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revolution1874

This project is the result of the utmost support and dedication at the club.

Brilliant times ahead at Tynecasle Park.

queensferryjambo

Apologies that photo was taken yesterday so I am not at Tynecastle today to get snaps. 

Will it officially be called the Main Stand and will there but some kind of ribbon cutting opening ceremony.

I was in Mcleod street today and the purlins are now being installed on the roof terrace suite, lots of electrical cable tray and trunking are being installed on all floors and more glass panels are still going in, a busy site.

It would probably cost more than was worthwhile.

We also have the memorial garden which acts as that. It's not necessarily just for the deceased. There are bricks for families in there I am sure.

It's a MEMORIAL garden

marshallschunkychicken

The picture of Lafferty on the pitch on the signing rumours thread has it in the background, but it seems to be covered by a tarpaulin or similar.