New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

John mcCartney

the rake/angle on the new stand looks to be shallower than the wheatfield/gorgie/roseburn

can anybod confirm?  might be to accomodate more rows while keeping in with the height of the other stands

fc370092c4db86121dd9f928398336b6.jpg

That'll be this 1, got a couple that he's in tbh. [emoji4]

That's the one - quite the scene! Would look good in a frame in the museum one day

kila, on 23 Jun 2017 - 7:05 PM, said:

Some from my way home from work this evening

image.jpg

image.jpg

:2thumbsup:

the rake/angle on the new stand looks to be shallower than the wheatfield/gorgie/roseburn

can anybod confirm? might be to accomodate more rows while keeping in with the height of the other stands

You haven't been keeping up John have you?

That's the one - quite the scene! Would look good in a frame in the museum one day

It's worth remembering that the mower was paid for by the members of JKB, especially Paid Members like yourself.  :thumbsup:

Forza Cuore

Some from my way home from work this evening

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great pics. Wonder if those street lights will be getting an upgrade...they look shite.

can anybod confirm? might be to accomodate more rows while keeping in with the height of the other stands

32 degrees upper and 28 degrees lower as opposed to 34 degrees for the existing three stands.

JamboAl1965

Passed by tonight on the way back to Fife after the CERF at Meggetland. The pictures, good as they are, don't do it justice. It already looks magnificent and is going to be an incredible asset on completion. Form and on field performance during the 40 years I've followed hearts has always been variable, but off the park I don't think we've every been in a better position and reinforces what an incredible contribution we've made as fans over the last 4 years.  :2thumbsup:

Cant wait to be sat in Section T next year, hope its a good one but I'm more than wiling to be patient.

John mcCartney

indeed thomaso,im just blundering about at the moment jaded with it all post season but coming to life now
and gaining more interest as things are stirring

yup thought so,my joiner`s eye could even see the diff of angles in that pic earlier when comparing
the bottom of the wheatfield with the step slabs steel beam over at the roseburn end

Lucille's Thirsty

Question?

The glass facade on the original pictures showed a Hearts badge in the glass is that something we're keeping I hope so the badge with a "Heart of Midlothian" above and a "Tynecastle Park" beneath.

Epic!

stuarty1874

The reflection of the flats looks tremendous. Imagine it at night!

Getting more and more excited with each days pics. Cheers to all snappers.

Speed of development is utterly amazing. Are all the tradesmen Jambos?! :-)

Question?

The glass facade on the original pictures showed a Hearts badge in the glass is that something we're keeping I hope so the badge with a "Heart of Midlothian" above and a "Tynecastle Park" beneath.

Epic!

it looks like a couple of panels have been skipped in the middle so the badge could be going there

it looks like a couple of panels have been skipped in the middle so the badge could be going there

Was thinkin exactly the same mate...wonder how big the badge is actually gonnae be. Surely bigger than two panes of the glass?

stuarty1874

Wonder if Vlad is looking in on this development.  Must have WiFi in his underground bunker...

It's a MEMORIAL garden

I literally explained my point out in that post.

It's not being used just for the deceased.

Wonder if Vlad is looking in on this development.  Must have WiFi in his underground bunker...

I believe he's flying over for the opening game.

Elias Henry Furst

Wonder if Vlad is looking in on this development. Must have WiFi in his underground bunker...

He made it happen after all.

Question?

Epic!

Let the font wars begin.

I literally explained my point out in that post.

It's not being used just for the deceased.

I must have missed them on my visits to the memorial garden but all the plaques I saw were to the deceased.

Question?

Epic!

Watch this space......

davemclaren

It's worth remembering that the mower was paid for by the members of JKB, especially Paid Members like yourself.  :thumbsup:

I think that's a different mower. Ours is the one for the community pitch. :)

I think that's a different mower. Ours is the one for the community pitch. :)

Does one mower or less make a difference? :wink:

Fxxx the SPFL

Does one mower or less make a difference? :wink:

yep the FoH one comes with a Clydesdale Horse.

Thomaso, the glass work is looking great so far. Can you comment on if there is any special coating on the outside of the panes to help self cleaning? 

The reflections will look even better when the chrome caps are removed.

Jambof3tornado

Thomaso, the glass work is looking great so far. Can you comment on if there is any special coating on the outside of the panes to help self cleaning?

The reflections will look even better when the chrome caps are removed.

Pretty sure it was mentioned ages back about the glass being self cleaning.

Jambof3tornado

Would be cool if we could light the glass Allianz arena style

The effect of lighting could be tremendous if done right.

An earlier quote from Thomaso:

The self cleaning glass you refer to is Pilks 'Activ' glass - this is an expensive option and not in the current budget.

Edited by Nobreath

It's not - self cleaning glass is very expensive

Always proud of our club, but recently my shirt buttons have felt like they are going to pop of my chest. I'm going to miss the Scaberdeen game coz the wife booked a cruise for us. (this led to a major huff by me) and it's maybe just as well as I would probably be fit to burst with pride and have been known to shed a tear at times like these, my sons wedding being one such occasion.

Well done Hearts, HHGH

bauld willie

Is the long term plan to hang big screens from the Gorgie and Roseburn stands. It would certainly make us stand out from many other clubs.

269366_10200536782164933_1838463739_n.jp

19366208_1385135251533709_36801203261712

As much as I love ealomst every photo on this amazing thread, your post now shows the best photo set of the lot, so far.

As much as I love ealomst every photo on this amazing thread, your post now shows the best photo set of the lot, so far.

Yeah

A real collectors item

Top work and doing it for us on here to see

Bad Religion

Thomaso - I'm sure you're getting sick of all the questions, but thanks for answering.

Have you heard anything with regards to upgrading the other stands? Is this still happening and if so, when will this start?

Thomaso - I'm sure you're getting sick of all the questions, but thanks for answering.

Have you heard anything with regards to upgrading the other stands? Is this still happening and if so, when will this start?

If memory serves me right thomaso is only invovlved in the glass curtain of the main stand so I don't think he will have much detail on the rest of the stadium. I am sure a lot of people were asking him questions about the new stand in general and he wasn't privy to the information

I believe upgrades to the other stands will commence when funds permit.

Was thinkin exactly the same mate...wonder how big the badge is actually gonnae be. Surely bigger than two panes of the glass?

Aye i'd expect any design to be placed on after the glass has been installed, and I also think if we're putting a badge on then it has to be as big as we can get it. 

Is the long term plan to hang big screens hibee infiltrators from the Gorgie and Roseburn stands. It would certainly make us stand out from many other clubs.

Fixed that for you.

highlandjambo3

Not sure tbh, if you count the panels along, those gaps are not quite in the middle. No idea why they have been missed, time will tell eh

highlandjambo3

Not sure tbh, if you count the panels along, those gaps are not quite in the middle. No idea why they have been missed, time will tell eh

Actually I'll take that back, was looking at a side "fish eye lense" view, looking at it again it does look like the middle.

John Findlay

Time will tell, but I think the "recent event" you are referring to will find that that building did not meet fire safety building regs.

But hey ho slag if you must no matter how irrelevant.

That's why there have bben calls for the lat 10-15 years for building regulations to be updated/tightened. Not slagging. Jus a concensus of opinion they are no longer fit for purpose.

Think he could be ginger?

Think he could be ginger with anger issues? Or did his company not get the contract for the curtain wall? Or was he once fired by Thomaso?

Whatever the reason he is making a complete prat of himself on this thread and really needs to step away from his keyboard before he implodes with anger.

I really can't believe that someone would get themselves in such a frenzy about a glass curtain wall.

Think he could be ginger with anger issues? Or did his company not get the contract for the curtain wall? Or was he once fired by Thomaso?

Whatever the reason he is making a complete prat of himself on this thread and really needs to step away from his keyboard before he implodes with anger.

I really can't believe that someone would get themselves in such a frenzy about a glass curtain wall.

TBF he makes a prat of himself on a number of threads not just this one.

Is the long term plan to hang big screens from the Gorgie and Roseburn stands. It would certainly make us stand out from many other clubs.

I hope not.  I'd much rather spend money on better players than a couple of big screens.

Edited by Le Chat

kingantti1874

Think he could be ginger?

Or a Russian.. The better things get, the more unhinged the posts get..

Think the mods are sleeping on the job these days

I hope not. I'd much rather spend money on better players than a couple of big screens.

Agree.

Total waste of money. All the info people need are on their mobiles these days.

Keep the clocks on the electronic advertising hoardings and that will suffice.