New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The badge looks terrible being that small, really hope that's just the artists impression

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Understated and classy

The badge looks terrible being that small, really hope that's just the artists impression

About 7 foot, too small?

Edited by Lovecraft

You can see already that the stand won't look like the 'office block' in the artists impression. It looks really classy in real life. I like the frosted panels hiding the floor etc. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole lot panneled and the temporary fixings removed.

The scale of it is also impressive. Driving past when it was the metal structure made it appear quite small to me. Now that the glass is going in it shows just how long/curved it is.

Add to that the marroon panels on the extreme side sections and it'll be a brilliant facade. Nicer than most clubs in Scotland. To disagree would just be silly.

fireeagle51

About 7 foot, too small?

Yep, the last badge we had was about the same size and now the stand is double height so the badge should be bigger

I wish you had told me you wanted a massive badge - would have saved a fortune in glass..........

Yep, the last badge we had was about the same size and now the stand is double height so the badge should be bigger

"Double" height??? Wow!!!!

I must be the only person who thinks the artists impression actually looks a bit better than the pics of how the glass is so far.

Obviously a long way to go and it still might end up looking like the plans. Kind of what I thought the point in plans was :lol:

I must be the only person who thinks the artists impression actually looks a bit better than the pics of how the glass is so far.

Obviously a long way to go and it still might end up looking like the plans. Kind of what I thought the point in plans was :lol:

It will look like the artists impression - but in glass and metal.

Who do I speak to about the window cleaning contract? :whistling:

You jest but this is a concern of mine.

The height of it makes the cleaning entirely possible with those guys who have the reach and wash pole system.

My concern is that it's not carried out regularly enough. There's really nothing worse than a nice glass fascade that looks dirty.

Edited by Craigieboy

troonmaroon

It will look like the artists impression - but in glass and metal.

Thomaso, do you know why the top thin row of panes are grey too? I'm aware the others are to hide the floors but looking at the pics, I'd have thought the top ones might have been clear to improve the view for folk in the 'skyline' restaurant. How high does the top edge sit above the finished floor level?

Thomaso, do you know why the top thin row of panes are grey too? I'm aware the others are to hide the floors but looking at the pics, I'd have thought the top ones might have been clear to improve the view for folk in the 'skyline' restaurant. How high does the top edge sit above the finished floor level?

The skyline restaurant glass is clear in the artists impression.

Photo courtesy of the 'Hearts Main Stand Photo Group' Facebook page.

19247812_10159344161220354_2820264244721

I know it's been said by others, but the reflection of the flats/skyline is sensational and will make the stand blend into the area.

Hibs were right! FLATS FLATS GLORIOUS FLATS!

The opaque glass panels mask the floor slab edges inside the building.

Cheers that makes sense, on seeing the newest pics i really like the opaque glass now :lol:

Damn it I should have said on reflection i like it now.

Edited by cheetah

Monster badge option :look:

Understated and classy. May I add timeless. It could still be improved by quadrupling its size again ? Can we see a version of it being three times the height of the stand? Bigger is better. Size matters.

Edited by Hearts_fan

davemclaren

You jest but this is a concern of mine.

The height of it makes the cleaning entirely possible with those guys who have the reach and wash pole system.

My concern is that it's not carried out regularly enough. There's really nothing worse than a nice glass fascade that looks dirty.

Would be silly to spend many millions on a new stand and not maintain it properly.

Would be silly to spend many millions on a new stand and not maintain it properly.

It would Dave. But lots of glass buildings up the town do it. Neglect to save money. The buildings look grubby and frankly would be more attractive if they were just made out of stone.

Hopefully Hearts keep the frontage looking clean.

The Skyline isn't just a restaurant, it is a top class members lounge, just like the others. Can't wait until Sep 9th to see what the view is like from up there ;)

troonmaroon

The skyline restaurant glass is clear in the artists impression.

Yeah, and it looks out on to the terrace where the grey panels go to the top edge of the curtainwall. I wondered whether we'd considered making those ones clear to help with the view from inside.

Understated and classy. May I add timeless. It could still be improved by quadrupling its size again ? Can we see a version of it being three times the height of the stand? Bigger is better. Size matters.

Looks a bit ridiculous imho.

post-1837-0-56187800-1498395140_thumb.jpg

I'm still hoping for a Tesco local to open in one of the industrial units in the bottom of the stand

::troll:::'>

I'm sure you're kind of joking but are there actually going to be any retail units in the stand?

Room for a stone island outlet or a greggs for example :look:

Yeah, and it looks out on to the terrace where the grey panels go to the top edge of the curtainwall. I wondered whether we'd considered making those ones clear to help with the view from inside.

Ah, I see what you mean. Good point.

rudi must stay

Needs some big metal letters, LA hotel-style.

Hopefully each letter with be the same size in scale as the Eiffel tower

I'm sure you're kind of joking but are there actually going to be any retail units in the stand?

Room for a stone island outlet or a greggs for example :look:

hr4yY6L.jpg

Industrial unit next to the club shop.

Designated D1 on that plan so that restricts it to clinics, health centres, cr?ches, day nurseries, day centres, schools, art galleries (other than for sale or hire), museums, libraries, halls, places of worship, church halls, law court. Non residential education and training centres.

jamboinglasgow

hr4yY6L.jpg

Industrial unit next to the club shop.

Designated D1 on that plan so that restricts it to clinics, health centres, cr?ches, day nurseries, day centres, schools, art galleries (other than for sale or hire), museums, libraries, halls, places of worship, church halls, law court. Non residential education and training centres.

It's going to be used by Big Hearts.

It's going to be used by Big Hearts.

As in temporary storage for the mahoosive hearts that gerswin posted? Will they get taken down and folded away between games? I like it.

Japanese Maple trees should be the tree of choice. 

You can get very deep maroon leaves from them! 

purple-ghost-japanese-maple-1.jpg

Good suggestion.

Crimson King maple trees are also the right colour.

Bazzas right boot

If we are getting marron trees, we should paint the grass as well.

As for the window cleaning, they should collect the slavers and tears from jkb and with that a free weekly wash will bd possible.

Someone mentioned self cleaning glass, was that a wind up? If not are we using it?

The glad debate was back a fair bit.

A window cleaner Could easily charge about ?4-500 quid for that per week. I have shops under my contract with about 6 windows getting charged about ?50/?60 a month for a bi- monthly clean.

Looks a bit ridiculous imho.

I think we're getting there with it actually. How about this?

2n1i7mp.jpg

I think we're getting there with it actually. How about this?

2n1i7mp.jpg

:lol:

We'll need to play under the floodlights all year round.

:lol:

We'll need to play under the floodlights all year round.

emoji23.png

Love the giant badge across the city idea too.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Unknown user

If we are getting marron trees, we should paint the grass as well.

As for the window cleaning, they should collect the slavers and tears from jkb and with that a free weekly wash will bd possible.

Someone mentioned self cleaning glass, was that a wind up? If not are we using it?

The glad debate was back a fair bit.

A window cleaner Could easily charge about ?4-500 quid for that per week. I have shops under my contract with about 6 windows getting charged about ?50/?60 a month for a bi- monthly clean.

Self cleaning glass was too expensive. Shame, it's really cool technology