New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

jamboinglasgow

Agree.

Total waste of money. All the info people need are on their mobiles these days.

Keep the clocks on the electronic advertising hoardings and that will suffice.

Except they add extra money raising opportunities. So they add to the player budget.

Except they add extra money raising opportunities. So they add to the player budget.

Goig by the amount of adverts (very little) on screens at other grounds I wouldn't say they were worth it and I would question how much revenue they would actually generate.

Apart from teams, score and time which anyone can find out and have done since the beginning of tynecastle the only other thing they could be used for is half time announcements - birthdays and the likes.

I wouldn't bother.

Yeah that is a point, not sure how lucrative.

I really like the use of some of the new projection technology which can make night-time arenas and stadia look amazing. No doubt the cost is rather exhorbitant tho.

Also wanted to say a thanks to Thomaso for keeping us updated and to all the folk getting some great images of the build. These major projects are always interesting to watch but to see Tynie being re-developed like this, is something else!

Harry Potter

My 1st games were in the old enclosure, lifted for abuse at Frank i love the wimin , St Mirren,

But we will move on, got my new seat in section N , 

FarmerTweedy

Isn't there a way of asking that without being a bellend about it?

I don't think there's a way of him breathing without him being a bellend!

Shanks said no

Goig by the amount of adverts (very little) on screens at other grounds I wouldn't say they were worth it and I would question how much revenue they would actually generate.

Apart from teams, score and time which anyone can find out and have done since the beginning of tynecastle the only other thing they could be used for is half time announcements - birthdays and the likes.

I wouldn't bother.

I was sceptical as well but attended a recent conference at Murrayfield. They use the screens as part of their offer package to get the stadium used 7 days a week.

quote from the link - Make your event memorable with a trackside arrival and your company name up on the large arena screens or arrange a tour for your delegates to the Scotland team changing rooms and players tunnel.

http://www.scottishrugbyhospitality.org/conferences-meetings

I'm sure Mrs Budge and Co must be thinking along the same lines with the roof terrace etc.

What kind of upgrades?

The ones that Anne Budge previously mentioned - coat of paint, toilets re-furbed, etc

Lucille's Thirsty

I do feel that the screens that are potentially get putting up are a complete waste of money it's not like we are in the Nou Camp were people that are short sighted can't see the players.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Which doesn't mean much in light of recent events:-0)

Don't be a old drama queen John

I do feel that the screens that are potentially get putting up are a complete waste of money it's not like we are in the Nou Camp were people that are short sighted can't see the players.

Could be to create a AAA environment? Top class facilities etc. For the average fan its needly tart but for those in hospitality it adds to the experiance?

Thats pure guess work on my part but Hospitality can be worth a lot to a club, look at Aberdeen & Hibs.

bauld willie

Photo courtesy of the 'Hearts Main Stand Photo Group' Facebook page.

19247812_10159344161220354_2820264244721

Is going to be a thing of beauty.

Now that is a good photo.

Now that is a good photo.

That last one was me earlier today

Was extending my arms over the hedge & couldn't see the screen.

Couldn't believe how well it came out when I got back in the car and scrolled through the pics on my phone!

Lucille's Thirsty

The whole regeneration of Tynecastle is going to put us in the 21st century looking forward to more income for us allowing us to buy better players pay more wages.

I should add that there was no work being done on the facade, but it sounded like the demolition was still in progress and there were people going in and out of the site.

When you go past you can see little details like the stairs which are now in place etc. It's really moving on well!

Buffalo Bill

Couldn't believe how well it came out when I got back in the car and scrolled through the pics on my phone!

Great photo.

kingantti1874

The whole regeneration of Tynecastle is going to put us in the 21st century looking forward to more income for us allowing us to buy better players pay more wages.

It will be quite significant.. Significantly lower running costs than the old stand.. Massively increased hospitality income, significant increase to average gates.. Think we will average 17,500 at least this season.. Not to mention the ?1.5m FOH money which won't have to be redirected once the stand and Anne are paid.. Off the pitch we have never been stronger.. Down to levein and Cathro to translate that into results.

Buffalo Bill

Getting bored of the old stand demolition. Can we move on the next phase plz?

I reckon there will be a Hearts Twitter photo up on Monday showing the site cleared.

been here before

Was it you I saw taking pictures down there about 4pm this efty?

been here before

Majestically spunktastic.

The stand is almost invisible thanks to that reflection, having the excellent effect of blending it into the existing landscape.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Those darkest of days, those most uncertain of times, teetering on the very edge of oblivion.

Now, merely a few years later, we have not only survived, we have a spaceship!!!!!!!

jamboinglasgow

You can tell just how much glass was installed from my pic on Thursday till today's pic in these 2.

14522a8871c3b2a63ddd07bd8eaf4a95.jpg

72dec76ffc1bbb4e22ed4370289d69ce.jpg

The bottom pic shows that the main staircases have been installed.

maroonlegions

Those darkest of days, those most uncertain of times, teetering on the very edge of oblivion.

Now, merely a few years later, we have not only survived, we have a spaceship!!!!!!!

Spaceship you say..  that beams FTH.

Buffalo Bill

Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

I was always confident that what is being built would look better than this artist's impression.

Imagine Big C's photo today with the crest and the signage and those trees and you're going to have a beautiful stand inside and out; one in which we'll be extremely proud of.

jamboinglasgow

Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

I was always confident that what is being built would look better than this artist's impression.

Imagine Big C's photo today with the crest and the signage and those trees and you're going to have a beautiful stand inside and out; one in which we'll be extremely proud of.

Yup comparing the two and it looks better. I think what worried me was the white lines above the clear panels and the white panels looking like its not glass but poor. But looks good, and I love how reflective the whole of it is when you look at it from the side, not just the clear panels.

When I wandered round to have a look at the stand recently, it did appear that the ground level at the entrance to the stand will be a bit lower than the pavement on McLeod Street. Does anyone know how that apparent difference will be made up? Or is it the case that the eventual floor level will be a good bit higher than how it currently looks and will therefore make for a flat plaza across to McLeod Street without any other adjustments?

The time stamp on the photo says about 4.20 so probably was. Light shorts and polo shirt.

Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

I was always confident that what is being built would look better than this artist's impression.

As good as it looks already, when the maroon coloured glass panels go in at the end of the stands I think that the contrast will really make it stand out, we're going to need sunglasses to walk across the plaza :)

Fxxx the SPFL

The time stamp on the photo says about 4.20 so probably was. Light shorts and polo shirt.

casual

casual

More beach casual. Still rocking the holiday gear from my recent trip to Mauritius while it's still warm enough.

Put up the old crest, it's our proper badge. Tynecastle Park, and the old club crest on the new stand would be

fantastic.

kawasakijambo

Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

I pray to the gods it does not look like that, but how are theygoing to permanently fix the glass in?

I pray to the gods it does not look like that, but how are theygoing to permanently fix the glass in?

Blu-tak.

Francis Albert

Put up the old crest, it's our proper badge. Tynecastle Park, and the old club crest on the new stand would be

fantastic.

It was our "proper badge" for almost as long as the current, much better, badge has been our proper badge. Hopefully the new version will long outlive the messy Olde  English Tea Shoppe version 

Edited by Francis Albert

It was our "proper badge" for almost as long as the current, much better, badge has been our proper badge. Hopefully the new version will long outlive the messy Olde  English Tea Shoppe version 

I agree, did we actually win anything while sporting our olde English Tea Shoppe version?

Bloody jinx ;)

Unknown user

Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

I was always confident that what is being built would look better than this artist's impression.

I wasn't confident at all when I saw that, but I'm very happy with how it's working out in real life.

Buffalo Bill

I agree, did we actually win anything while sporting our olde English Tea Shoppe version?

Bloody jinx ;)

The 1998 Scottish Cup. The 'new' badge came during the 1997/98 season. 

The new badge is much, much better with it's crisp font.

How would you like it to look? We can rip it all out and start again......

The Future's Maroon

The reflection of the flats looks tremendous. Imagine it at night!

Getting more and more excited with each days pics. Cheers to all snappers.

Speed of development is utterly amazing. Are all the tradesmen Jambos?! :-)

Nope they ain't, I know a few guys working on the new stand who are Hibs fans and to be fair to them they have admitted it's going to be some stand when finished next year.

fireeagle51

The badge looks terrible being that small, really hope that's just the artists impression

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk