New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Do you know what they are looking at MP.

I do indeed mate, however, I risk making myself look like a smart arse which is definitely not the case.

Spend any nights there, Dave?

:wink:

I have only once had 'issues' with the police at a game and that was at Aberdeen mid eighties. A hearts fan had been huckled out for no reason imo and I was almost huckled out as well for offering my opinion on the matter to a constable.

073ab2ec73fd52527ec6be11bdffcc6b.png

Soon to be no more. 672500f1fcd50e09d0ef61477cf8f6cd.jpg

Another old view of Tynie . 94795ac77c59267568607250210fc1c9.png

The Tree(s) in all her glory. [emoji1]

I always thought it was funny that my kids ( when very young ) thought the tree grew out of the stand roof. Then I took a mate and he thought that as well. :whistling:

I remember when it used to be the club shop.

Yes. At one point I'm sure the club shop was in a unit on Gorgie Road before it moved there, or maybe my memory is failing me.

Hackney Hearts

attachicon.gifTynecastle 1948 OS Map.png

The attached OS map from 1948 shows that the area now occupied by the offices and the associated car park was a tennis court at that time! 

Interesting, thanks.

Still can't find any photos taken from McLeod Street during the 50 years after the stand was built.

Bit odd.

jamboinglasgow

The club are also looking beyond the stadium to generate further revenues. All very exciting indeed.

Interesting, wonder what that will be. I always wondered if a club had a property portfolio, could rent be a significant earner? And if the club had issues that need money you could sell some.

Though just to check, you do mean away from Tynecastle and not meaning beyond the money raised for games.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Would that have been after? I'm sure it was the TO when I started going in the 80's.

Would have been in the 80's...remember going there as a wee boy

Pity because he's an arsehole.

You've a real bee in your bonnet about him.

Any particular reason CB? Surely it's not just because he championed the roseberry kit?

you would have jonno when you had your drunken fall in section N lifted and kept in overnight. Breach of the peace Monday court appearance lol.

Jonno :vrface:

[emoji1] be a sad day when it gets the chop tbh, it's in so many pics of the main stand..955b1ff8a1aad618c0a8048653a019c5.jpg

That's a nice print you have there. [emoji1303]

So that's how you are meant to hang it.... :)

It's one of 5 hearts related prints in my living room. My better half just tolerates me...

maroonplatoon87

Can anyone suggest parking at the stadium seen as the car park is now a building site?

Have the FOH Plot Ceremony tomorrow and not sure where to park

Can anyone suggest parking at the stadium seen as the car park is now a building site?

It's a Sunday so you can park on any of the adjacent side streets.

Most of mines are still rolled up in the tubes [emoji22], bit off topic but mind when we both posted up pics of the centenary print ?.

1c6985c3490a86911a96cc231caebecf.jpg

Found this whilst searching an old hard drive. [emoji1]

Nice one.

One from the past.Scottish Cup game against hobos 1966.Billy Higgins scored.There was one turnstile open at the Gorgie Road end of the main stand.I got caught in a crush missed the first 25 minutes of the game.Something I always remember.Not a pleasant experience .Im sure one or two of you must have been there.

sainsbury :thumbsup:

I mind when that used to be the old ticket office.

I remember buying programmes at Alan Cunninghams stall in there and yes it was also the ticket office 

Fxxx the SPFL

I remember buying programmes at Alan Cunninghams stall in there and yes it was also the ticket office

Alan later had a shop in bread street called football crazy I used to buy programmes from him. Don't know what he is up to these days.

Section B Wheatfield? I loved that view.

Yeah. Been there since about 2007. Was in Gorgie before that. It's a great seat.

Yeah. Been there since about 2007. Was in Gorgie before that. It's a great seat.

I sat in section B for about 7 until about 2005 or 6 cannnae mind, 2nd row up the stair. One of the best views in Tynie imo.

Alan later had a shop in bread street called football crazy I used to buy programmes from him. Don't know what he is up to these days.

Yes. At one point I'm sure the club shop was in a unit on Gorgie Road before it moved there, or maybe my memory is failing me.

i mind a club shop in Dalry Road but not in Gorgie Road.

Fxxx the SPFL

Alan drinks in the Rule, seen him a few times post match.

must be kicking on a bit now but glad he is still on the go.

Any pics of it now with the old ticket office flattened? Long do these things usually take? Can't be long going by the footage on sky sports news the other day

jamboinglasgow

Is that green ginger's car?

Only if you saw a man with a camera in it like this

article-2192257-0515FAA9000005DC-895_634

ready for his crazy wall, which will show how deep the conspiracy goes, he will bring down Ann Budge and Hearts unauthorized stand building##

sherlock-crazy-wall.jpg

On a serious note, good to see the community building demolition has started as well.

Only if you saw a man with a camera in it like this

article-2192257-0515FAA9000005DC-895_634

ready for his crazy wall, which will show how deep the conspiracy goes, he will bring down Ann Budge and Hearts unauthorized stand building##

sherlock-crazy-wall.jpg

On a serious note, good to see the community building demolition has started as well.

:lol:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

That's the one. Think we bought three programmes at the inflated price of one pound each was it? Tidy wee profit was probably made.

I wonder if the person that won the house that night still live sin the. place; wonder what it's valued at now.

I have a vague recollection that the house turned out to be only free for a year?

Forlorn. Like something out of The Green Mile. Think I'll go down and give it a hug.

Just giving it a hug is probably enough. Don't get done for public indecency.

I have a vague recollection that the house turned out to be only free for a year?

Don't think so. In fact was there not a second prize of a car ?

Pretty sure the media would have been all over it if Wallace had been misleading the public to sell programmes.

I bought my programme in Asda I missed by 5 numbers the person who won must have bought their ticket just before me in Asda.

Allowayjambo1874

Don't think so. In fact was there not a second prize of a car ?

Pretty sure the media would have been all over it if Wallace had been misleading the public to sell programmes.

I bought my programme in Asda I missed by 5 numbers the person who won must have bought their ticket just before me in Asda.

Was the car not a prize in another game? It was a miller home but can't recall where it was and the car I'm sure was provided by Alexanders.