New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

maroonlegions

He's trying hard though.

greenginger 04:12 PM Today

Originally Posted by Deansy:

'Credit to City of Edinburgh Council for approving the plans so quickly. They did very well on that front'

What, the council bending-over for their sex-offender employing, other people's-money using chums in the PBS - Shock-horror !!

Only problem , very little has actually been approved by the Council.

The planning permission for the new stand won't be issued until North British Distillers complete the safety improvements. This work is awaiting planning permission, ( application ref 16/04554 ) . The application page contains a letter from the HSE saying it will take a minimum of 13 weeks to assess the proposals and give their opinions to our Council. Then NB Distillers will apply for a building warrant, then they will get contractors to price the work.

After it has been completed to eveyone's satisfaction, planning permission will be issued.

As for the work under the Wheatfield Stand, its well ahead, but there has been no Building Warrant issued for this work.

He has to be a uncover Hearts troll on their site.  If not then he needs sectioned. 

jamboinglasgow

He's trying hard though.

greenginger 04:12 PM Today

Originally Posted by Deansy:

'Credit to City of Edinburgh Council for approving the plans so quickly. They did very well on that front'

What, the council bending-over for their sex-offender employing, other people's-money using chums in the PBS - Shock-horror !!

Only problem , very little has actually been approved by the Council.

The planning permission for the new stand won't be issued until North British Distillers complete the safety improvements. This work is awaiting planning permission, ( application ref 16/04554 ) . The application page contains a letter from the HSE saying it will take a minimum of 13 weeks to assess the proposals and give their opinions to our Council. Then NB Distillers will apply for a building warrant, then they will get contractors to price the work.

After it has been completed to eveyone's satisfaction, planning permission will be issued.

As for the work under the Wheatfield Stand, its well ahead, but there has been no Building Warrant issued for this work.

I think one thing he misses (something I have found following things on the council planning portal) is that the council are very slow at updating their portal.

But the bigger thing is that he is a fool who thinks he has found things that no one else knows, like Hearts are secretly trying to fool the council and sneak work in (the same club who have done everything to the book and as closely with the council to make sure there is no hiccups.) He is both bizarre and sad.

Fxxx the SPFL

Granny knitted me one in mustard coloured wool. Itched like buggery. Refused to wear it until getting the obligatory clip rounder the lug as I hated the colour. Got to school and everyone had a mustard coloured balaclava. It must have been the cheap wool that week

I had to wear mine one summer because I had chicken pox and my auld dear didn't want everyone to know Christ knows why it's not as if I had an STD at aged 9 but it did come in handy when we played **** and Commando's one of my Gorgie chums had a johnny seven gun that's one for us old farts. Lol

Is there any computer whiz kids out there that could show a picture of what the 1962 picture of the ground look like if it had the covered enclosure around the rest of the ground ? 

This is correct. The appointment of a good Project Manager is essential, however unlike other contracts where everybody is in it to try to make a buck, in this instance the Companies carrying out the steelwork, concrete, glazing, etc, are pretty much all run by 'good Jambos' - this makes a huge difference as everybody will work together to bring this project through on time and on budget, and to the quality we all want.

Hopefully it will work well like this, ie partnering rather than everyone with their (commercial) interests, guess we'll see. Means that the club will be carrying all the risk though, rather than a contractor taking some of it. Club do need a really good PM.

Granny knitted me one in mustard coloured wool. Itched like buggery. Refused to wear it until getting the obligatory clip rounder the lug as I hated the colour. Got to school and everyone had a mustard coloured balaclava. It must have been the cheap wool that week

Did you have the matching woollen gloves that were attached with a long piece of wool and threaded through your jacket so you coudn't lose them.

I think one thing he misses (something I have found following things on the council planning portal) is that the council are very slow at updating their portal.

But the bigger thing is that he is a fool who thinks he has found things that no one else knows, like Hearts are secretly trying to fool the council and sneak work in (the same club who have done everything to the book and as closely with the council to make sure there is no hiccups.) He is both bizarre and sad.

Exactly. Ann Budge and her back of a fag packet plan...I think not.

I can't understand why any of them take him seriously.

I don't read much on there but does he ever comment on Hibs?

Fxxx the SPFL

A balaclava in Summer, Ray :rofl:

In the days when we actually had a summer.

:gok:

yep lovely hot summers bloody bollock freezing winters with loads of snow.

I had to wear mine one summer because I had chicken pox and my auld dear didn't want everyone to know Christ knows why it's not as if I had an STD at aged 9 but it did come in handy when we played **** and Commando's one of my Gorgie chums had a johnny seven gun that's one for us old farts. Lol

**** and commandos in the back green in the summer hiding in the long grass. If you were deemed to be killed your pal had to tig you to get you back in the game. Brilliant days.

Did you have the matching woollen gloves that were attached with a long piece of wool and threaded through your jacket so you coudn't lose them.

Aye courtesy of granny again. I'd forgot all about them

Toxteth O'Grady

My Falkirk supporting uncle hates their new stadium and misses Brockville. He doesn't enjoy going to the new stadium and often doesn't bother anymore. These things do affect attendance for some people.

Brockville was pretty knackered but I loved going there. It felt like you were very close to the pitch

Fxxx the SPFL

**** and commandos in the back green in the summer hiding in the long grass. If you were deemed to be killed your pal had to tig you to get you back in the game. Brilliant days.

only seems like yesterday you would get sectioned if you tried to play that game now. Do you remember the sandals that all the laddies wore they were a maroon colour with a metal buckle and a thick white trim at the front every time you tried to run you would trip up scuffing the rim on the pavement. Early version of today's Crocs.

Walter Bishop

i can remember sitting in the old family enclosure when panini sponsored it, sure there was a sticker swap shop in there that then moved to the building that was also the ticket office.

only seems like yesterday you would get sectioned if you tried to play that game now. Do you remember the sandals that all the laddies wore they were a maroon colour with a metal buckle and a thick white trim at the front every time you tried to run you would trip up scuffing the rim on the pavement. Early version of today's Crocs.

Where those the ones nicknamed Jesus Boots? If so then aye. Useless for running in.

Toxteth O'Grady

I used to go to the enclosure and lean on the tunnel wall.

Great picture.

I liked the enclosure when fans of both teams mixed. Had some good conversions with other team supporters about our respective teams tactics.

ba364ffb85f5b8f207b19638d63bcad3.jpg

7015c0d1d6139a310aa487c05d155b87.jpg

You'll like these then. [emoji6]

It just shows how much the stand was aesthetically compromised in the 1990s when they chopped a big bit off the enclosure to make way for the Wheatfield Stand. The picture here show the original proportion of the enclosure and how it complements the upper deck.

Andy green was entertainments manager, Pete Davidson was bar manager & a guy called Roy Stewart ran the whole thing.

Yep, Andy Green started out at the Jewell Club before coming to the Hearts Club - he booked the acts, as well as compering, and became an agent down in Musselburgh.

scott herbertson

I remember them cutting into my ankles (probably as we were skint and they would be the plastic ones

I also remember my horror when my mum produced a camel coloured duffel coat with toggles for me to wear. Even with my 0% fashion sense I could tell the arrival at school was going to be like a police line-up

a423f175a51fddb732920d0b56bece16.jpg

Wasn't that long ago Tynie looked like this. [emoji4]

Anyone know why the shed only covered that one corner of the terracing? Why didn't it stretch all the way along the touch line, and even around the away end for that matter?

Wally Stewart. Good Calypso type moniker.

Amazing --- I remember this guy. Used to go to the Roseberry and the Midlothian club. regularly. Apart from being on the local circuit Wally Stewart frequented the Roseberry and stood on his own at the bar. He was a taller look a like of Harry Belefonte and his party piece was the Banana Boat song. The introduction of Day oh Day oh seemed to go on forever but in fairness he had a pretty good voice. Great memories of those days and as others have mentioned the cabaret nights attracted some well kent names including Lex McLean, Black and White Minstrels Alan Stewart.. Remember a guy who was well known in Blackpool called Johnny Duffy who also featured. He was absolutely brilliant and sometimes sang without a mike. Andy Green  ---   without being metaphoric he was a colourful character. Great memories.

Fxxx the SPFL

I remember them cutting into my ankles (probably as we were skint and they would be the plastic ones

I also remember my horror when my mum produced a camel coloured duffel coat with toggles for me to wear. Even with my 0% fashion sense I could tell the arrival at school was going to be like a police line-up

you must have been middle class lol I had to wear a fairisle jersey which I think was handed down to my younger brothers.

Hopefully it will work well like this, ie partnering rather than everyone with their (commercial) interests, guess we'll see. Means that the club will be carrying all the risk though, rather than a contractor taking some of it. Club do need a really good PM.

Is the undercroft being run by a project manager?If so is it on schedule/behind and coming in Over or Under budget or on target?

maroonlegions

Is there not one of your Anonymous pals you can contact, and wreck emotional and financial destruction on GG?

Ha ha, na, not corrupt or evil enough.. lol; 

Dave McCreery's knee

Some great photos that will be bringing back a lot of memories for many people of special games, moments and most importantly people, some of whom are no longer here. Anyone who says it just bricks and mortar doesn't get Hearts. Its going for the right reasons though and I'll enjoy reminiscing and looking forward in equal measure.

Thats how I recall it as well. When it was 2/- to get in the Terracing it was dearer to get in the enclosure and a whole 5/- for the wing stand and 7/6d for the centre stand so you had to be a toff to afford it. No boys gate for the stand either, so used to love going to the reserve games as the stand was cheap to get in then.

My earliest memories are getting introduced to the Hearts through going to reserve matches. Most of the first team used to turn up and watch the reserves and just sat with their pals and other supporters. After about a season I was allowed to go to the first team games and always thought how great it would be to sit in the stand for a big match instead of being crushed on the terracing with 30000 others more if a Derby or OF match.

Floodlight matches with the glow of light coming from the main stand with folk lighting up their pipes and fags. The Edinburgh City brass band that used to seem to play exclusively for people in the Stand and enclosure. The stamping of feet when the game was exciting. The wee drinking fountain with the metal cups at both ends of the stand.

As time passed and our crowds dwindled to a few thousand diehards I watched most matches from the main stand. I must admit we had gone so far down I thought we were going under . The old lady has seen the best of times and the worst of times from Championships to relegation to Championships again . She has hosted some of the top teams in world football and some great players and some great matches. If that old corrugated,asbestos ridden,heap of junk could talk she would have some story to tell. Tears will be shed when the time comes and I am not ashamed to admit it. 

I'd forgotten all about the metal cups. Men were men in those days. :laugh4: 

Paulie Walnut

Anyone know why the shed only covered that one corner of the terracing? Why didn't it stretch all the way along the touch line, and even around the away end for that matter?

It was planned to go all the way road the school end and join the main stand but the council refused planning due to the loss of light in the school class rooms.

Although I'm pretty much a lager guy, I seem to remember them having a decent pint of McEwan's Pale Ale.

I've no idea why that comes to mind if ever I think of The Ace of Hearts.

Probably served to you by the wonderful barmaid Betty Black!!

I was a member of that club and had a Centre Stand season ticket. Could leave the club at 2:55 and be in my seat for kick off.

As others have mentioned the clubs failed due to bad management and alleged fraud.

Cabaret nights were very popular and we once cancelled Les Dawson because we had the small matter of a Texaco Cup Final against Wolves to play on the same night.

33ba9614cbee9f9494c74c23ff852ada.jpg

Here's a better 1 of the tunnel. [emoji4][emoji1303]

When is that one from ?

TBH I'm a bit doubtful about that being Tynecastle.

Looks more like the old main stand at Easter Road. For one thing there is no club crest above the tunnel and Tynecastle

had a wall not a fence around the tunnel.

Hackney Hearts

I also remember my horror when my mum produced a camel coloured duffel coat with toggles for me to wear.

Argh! My mum made to wear one of those to my first ever game - and I had a ****ing rosette!! For my second game I also had a bar scarf crudely knitted by my sister. What a sight I must have been, sat with my old man in the Centre Stand. 

Love at first sight/smell/sound though, even if I (rightly) suspected it might be even more exciting in that dark place over on the other side. 

Look at that photo and imagine for a brief second that the Pieman had got his way.

Sends a shiver down the spine doesn't it.

Jeez, what a horrible feeling in the tummy , your spot on mate.

Fxxx the SPFL

Jim Townsend, Ernie Winchester, Peter Oliver, Dave Clunie, Rene Moller.....but it is very early......

Oops, clicked on the wrong jpeg. Should have been this 1. [emoji3]

74afd3aebc4e382927978e1027b6779f.jpg

.Who are the other team thought the badge looked like a spurs one but they had dark shorts

SectionDJambo

.Who are the other team thought the badge looked like a spurs one but they had dark shorts

Maybe Eintracht Frankfurt? We played a friendly against them late 60s/early 70s.

I think that may be Tommy Veitch 3rd in line.

Maybe Eintracht Frankfurt? We played a friendly against them late 60s/early 70s.

I think that may be Tommy Veitch 3rd in line.

V Eintracht Frankfurt, April 1969, that is Alan Macdonald, who captained the team for a short spell before he was transferred to Kilmarnock in 1970

V Eintracht Frankfurt, April 1969, that is Alan Macdonald, who captained the team for a short spell before he was transferred to Kilmarnock in 1970

MacDonald is third in the line between Ernie Winchester and Dave Clunie.

A huge thanks to all you guys posting the pictures. They are really fascinating to look at. How the area developed and transformed over the years and even the crowd, all those "shirt and ties" worn to the game. Keep them coming as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like all work will have to stop.

Greenginger has spoken:

They have not submitted a " Notice of Initiation of Development " form.

The form gives details of the Planning Permission and Building Warrant ref and more importantly details of the main contractor and name of site agent and contact numbers.

Starting work with submitting the Notice is listed on the planning consent notes as a breach of Planning Law, Section 123 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act.

But, according to them the new lot are nothing like Vlad and his Liths.

We_are_the_Hearts

Greenginger has spoken:

The form gives details of the Planning Permission and Building Warrant ref and more importantly details of the main contractor and name of site agent and contact numbers.

Starting work with submitting the Notice is listed on the planning consent notes as a breach of Planning Law, Section 123 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act.

Holy shit, how sad can this weirdo get. Doesn't even deserve to share the same air as the rest of us on a daily basis. He is obsessed with Hearts. Only show in town.

maroonlegions

Greenginger has spoken:

So Greenfingered really thinks that Edinburgh Cooncil would not have gone over every thing with a fine tooth comb and made sure there was no come backs on them from  health and safety or any legality discrepancies. He must be a troll has to be. 

maroonlegions

Greenginger is the sort of guy who goes to the toilet for a piss, and comes back with a soaking wet face and hair.

And also after he sits down for a piss too.