New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

There's actually 2 growing there.

3e30f2eb46c263268316d4946ceb2990.jpg

Most of the wheatfield S.t's don't see this view of them though. [emoji1]

I'm no tree expert but it's the conifer lad that has developed icon status.

Yep it's the tallest & was seen from inside the ground for years.

As I say, i'm no tree expert and don't have a clue as to it's age but I can't, for the life of me, remember it until I moved up a few rows in the Wheatfield a few years back.

.....but it must be saved !!! 

As I say, i'm no tree expert and don't have a clue as to it's age but I can't, for the life of me, remember it until I moved up a few rows in the Wheatfield a few years back.

.....but it must be saved !!!

Make Ann Budges seat in the new stand out of it...seems a fitting gesture.

5b9346cac4c590dfb2e7bebf4677a2c3.jpg

I took this pic in 2014 at a pre season game. It's really only been tall enough & viewable for circa 20 years from inside the ground depending on where you sat tbh. But it's much older than that.

Was in the Main Stand late 90's so that's out, remember it poking up when I sat in G about a dozen years ago.

Was in the Main Stand late 90's so that's out, remember it poking up when I sat in G about a dozen years ago.

It's been visible from my seat in B, row 13 for the last ten years. It was barely visible at first but now is a mini-Christmas tree.

It's been visible from my seat in B, row 13 for the last ten years. It was barely visible at first but now is a mini-Christmas tree.

Looks great from Row 15, mate....has done for years.

Save the tree !

Decent view.

It is. If it wasn't for my constant steam of obscenities, the auld racists in the row in front of me and the family that absolutely hate Irish people a few rows in front of them... it would be close to a pleasurable experience watching a game in that area. :D

scott herbertson

It is. If it wasn't for my constant steam of obscenities, the auld racists in the row in front of me and the family that absolutely hate Irish people a few rows in front of them... it would be close to a pleasurable experience watching a game in that area. :D

I've just had a great idea . For the new stand we could get ST applicants to tick a checklist of their foibles. We could use a dating style programme to match people up so that all the Celtic haters are in one place, the Neilson haters in another, the Hibs lover in the corner (with a D cap) and the moaning minnies with a large section at the side. There could also be a box you tick if you never use your ticket and we could make these spare seats into a giant swathe -like H

(I've been drinking again)

I've just had a great idea . For the new stand we could get ST applicants to tick a checklist of their foibles. We could use a dating style programme to match people up so that all the Celtic haters are in one place, the Neilson haters in another, the Hibs lover in the corner (with a D cap) and the moaning minnies with a large section at the side. There could also be a box you tick if you never use your ticket and we could make these spare seats into a giant swathe -like H

Good plan. I'd have to split my time between the can't handle my drink section and the storming off in disgust because Celtic get all the decisions section. :(

Celtic haters ?

I think we need a bigger boat...!

April this year:69ca18603028781f0a2c26667f6be3ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful, everyone should take as many photos as they can before she vanishes.

Keep her alive forever, and make sure you post them.

Hard hat ? Hard on mair like. A total trumpet.

He has not yet grasped the fact that all he has to do is access the Land Register for the correct details of who owns the land and the securities held over them and not some company's old records in companies house which prove nothing......but I forgot he would have to pay for the information and that's not likely whilst he is saving up for his shares purchase.

Facts seem to bother some of them

Beautiful, everyone should take as many photos as they can before she vanishes.

Keep her alive forever, and make sure you post them.

I'd like more from inside the main stand. Things like the no smoking sign at the toilets etc. The bits that are proper old for e.g.

Sir Talbot Buxomly

Old maps show a bowling green there. This photo (from 1962) it is hard to tell if it is still there:

c2b7193c5d.jpg

I'd say that image is later than 1962. The Princes Street (closed September 1965) railway lines look to have been removed and the bridge over the Haymarket to Slateford railway line at Russell Road is missing, just next to the 3-arch viaduct.

Edited by Sir Talbot Buxomly

Walter Bishop

A burst ball!

Not got a clue how to post an image on my phone!

Interview with Scott Gardner pans round to show a old grey football what's in the picture.

Edited by Walter Bishop

Bazzas right boot

ccf41349147d4fe39b424f04399a8f0e.png

The top sections had the best view of the tree.

Missed opportunity, should have painted a face on the tree, or put a big giant Hearts scarf or Hearts hat on it.

Someone photo shop a hat on top of it?

Edited by Tosh'sleftfoot

A burst ball!

Not got a clue how to post an image on my phone!

Interview with Scott Gardner pans round to show a old grey football what's in the picture.

IMG_1411_zpsssjx3ssw.jpeg

The 'win a house' (Miller Homes) game?

That's the one.  Think we bought three programmes at the inflated price of one pound each was it?  Tidy wee profit was probably made.

I wonder if the person that won the house that night still live sin the. place; wonder what it's valued at now.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that we will keep some of the old main stands structure, I think the bottom tier concrete and steel work, and some of the internal structure too, so it will live on in way!

I'd say that image is later than 1962. The Princes Street (closed September 1965) railway lines look to have been removed and the bridge over the Haymarket to Slateford railway line at Russell Road is missing, just next to the 3-arch viaduct.

Correct.

Just trying something...

emmet-the-capuchin.jpg

Christ, wasn't expecting to see a photo of Derek Riordan this morning. That's put me off my breakie.

Fxxx the SPFL

Spend any nights there, Dave?

:wink:

you would have jonno when you had your drunken fall in section N lifted and kept in overnight. Breach of the peace Monday court appearance lol.

post-586-0-25319000-1479543721_thumb.png

The attached OS map from 1948 shows that the area now occupied by the offices and the associated car park was a tennis court at that time! The nursery was called Tynecastle Child Garden.

Does Gardiner have to have his face on every public release going?

Surely there's someone that is literate & has more finesse at the club?

Edited by Craigieboy

My pic... with a rainbow and the tree in fine view.

Can't embed on my phone. Someone else feel free!

4a704d2be082178ab3b18707358619b9.jpg

Does Gardiner have to have his face on every public release going?

Surely there's someone that is literate & has more finesse at the club?

Seeing as the remit for the building of the new stand is entirely his, aye, he does.

4a704d2be082178ab3b18707358619b9.jpg

The views from the new Restaurant at the top of the new stand are going to be stunning judging by that.

Italian Lambretta

It sure is. It also has the potential to make some serious money for us with special hospitality packages at specific time of the year overlooking the castle.

The views from the new Restaurant at the top of the new stand are going to be stunning judging by that.

...a bit disco

The recent Scotland v Macedonia U21s game.

Tree definitely in attendance.

15078884_1336968556322413_72426096403639

Edited by ...a bit disco

It sure is. It also has the potential to make some serious money for us with special hospitality packages at specific time of the year overlooking the castle.

Yeah, Xmas party nights, NYE With a view of the fireworks...

If they serve decent enough food it should be able to open 7 nights a week. I don't think that's the plan but you never know.

If it was me I'd have it serving steak and seafood. Most jambos would head there for birthdays and special occasions instead of the usual haunts in town if the food was to the same standard!

The views of the castle and some decent reviews would help draw foodies from further afield!

Yeah, Xmas party nights, NYE With a view of the fireworks...

If they serve decent enough food it should be able to open 7 nights a week. I don't think that's the plan but you never know.

If it was me I'd have it serving steak and seafood. Most jambos would head there for birthdays and special occasions instead of the usual haunts in town if the food was to the same standard!

The views of the castle and some decent reviews would help draw foodies from further afield!

The club are also looking beyond the stadium to generate further revenues. All very exciting indeed.

Fxxx the SPFL

The club are also looking beyond the stadium to generate further revenues. All very exciting indeed.

Do you know what they are looking at MP.