Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Well deserved. Can't believe how negative the comments so far have been. We've looked the better team since KO.

heartsfc_fan

Well deserved. Can't believe how negative the comments so far have been. We've looked the better team since KO.

We have. One mistake and a deflected goal.

alicante jambo

Come on loads of time left .We look shell shocked even zanata and mcghee.Players just look out there depth but still time.

Getintaethem

Just the usual JKB overreaction. It's not just for first team games it appears.

KineticBeat

With you there. Two unlucky goals aside.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Completely agree.

Agree with FA.

Hearts look the better team but Motherwell look a bit more solid defensively.

Some decent young players on show on both sides.

Need to avoid giving them set pieces. We're doing okay just need to be a bit sharper. Good signs though.

TyphoonJambo

who is that angry whining radge on the Motherwell bench?

avhudtheteeshirt

Hearts look as if they want to pass the ball to death?

Never seem to want to get the ball into the middle?

To many side ways and back passes, it caught us out for second goal!

Still don't know what the free kick we scored from was for but take the result any time.

Second half we must get front men wanting to get the ball into the box and following in after it!!!

thehibsareintheirbeds

Number 11 lewis moore not been great but was one of the standouts in the semi. Need more from zanatta too but plenty time left.

On the plus side Beith and Baur look good again and great free kick from mcghee

Interesting to hear wee robbo saying in bit they done about Hearts at HT that the style of play is set out to be the same regardless of the coach in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getintaethem

Good half time interviews with Daly and Robbo. Alba do some good stuff in the halftime slots.

Robbo on Alba explaining the route and methods players and coaches will follow in the future. I hope some on here were listening to the philosophy the club have adopted.

John Findlay

Direct from Hampden. Hearts neat and tidy. Motherwell more direct and incisive. Hopefully Hearts more clinical in the second half.

Maiden Gorgie

Robbo on Alba explaining the route and methods players and coaches will follow in the future. I hope some on here were listening to the philosophy the club have adopted.

There is a clear plan. It might not bring the success we strive short-term but we certainly seem to be going in the right direction.

Quick question.

What's hapened to 'Little Big Shot' who were the sponsors of the tournament?

No mention of them in the match programme or at the game.

MacDonald Jardine

As long as the philosophy isn't settling for third or fourth and not worrying too much about cups.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GlasgoJambo

Looked like that second goal came from the boy letting a Well header trickle out in our corner which put us under pressure we never got out of.

Quite enjoying it so far and hoping some of the boys who've had plenty first team exposure start to impose themselves.

grumpyespana

For a big lad McLean is terrible in the air, as for Zannata he looks out of his depth even at this level.

Grumpy.

Maiden Gorgie

As long as the philosophy isn't settling for third or fourth and not worrying too much about cups.

It wasn't this season and wont be in the future.

I very much doubt it. The hope and belief is that it brings success which so far it has. Will it do so in the future time will tell.

Smith and Beith have looked good so far and Baur certainly looks a great prospect.

I would have liked to have seen a bit of Henderson in the first team this season.

Used to go to the youth cup games back when we had the likes of Kevin Thomas, Stuart Callaghan or Stephen Simmons shining way above everyone else at that level. Not seen anyone tonight that looks way above this level. Some decent players on show but nobody that looks a bit special.

Archived