Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
colinmaroon

I would agree.

Won't happen whilst our present D.o.F. is about though.

YAWN!!!

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully Neilson has seen enough to make him leave the club forever.

:jjyay:

Shame you won't do the same

Horrific result and embarrassing. Motherwell far far better and much more streetwise than our boys.

Robbie Nielson is rumoured to be heading to Workington Town. If only it was true!

skinnybob72

Only seen the last 15 minutes but we look total shite. No6 effort at the 4th goal was beyond woeful.

Jambof3tornado

Was that Jordan tackling thin air?

5-2 flatters them but we have been disappointing. The lads will know themselves they could have done better.

I would agree.

Won't happen whilst our present D.o.F. is about though.

:lol: The anti-Levein tag team.

BrellierBoy

Well ripping us up for arse paper. Daly and fox may replace robbie in time tho according to robbo!

OmiyaHearts

Drastic improvement needed if any of those guys are making it at Tynecastle. Very disappointed in the quality of that side.

kingantti1874

How weak and small do Scottish youngsters look compared to their European counterparts.. Looking at a YouTube of that renato sanches from benfica the other day.. 18 years old..

Shame you won't do the same

Why you so annoyed and angry m8?

We are all entitled to an opinion, this has been very poor. Something isn't right at Riccarton.

Hopefully Neilson has seen enough to make him leave the club forever.

:jjyay:

Listen to Robbo at half time, getting rid of Neilson won't change a thing.

Jambof3tornado

Horrific result and embarrassing. Motherwell far far better and much more streetwise than our boys.

The motherwell boys have probably been together as a squad for 2 years plus. Our team has not.

Rebuilding will continue but could take a few more years before we really see any benefits.

ItsGotToBe40Yards

I would rather play young guys aged 16/17 and give them this hunger and learning experience, these Motherwell boys look about 19/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

Our youth development was banjaxed following Romanov and admin. Despite that we've got Walker, Sam, Callum and King out of it, plus a few other decent players who weren't good enough for us (Carrick etc.).

We've reached two Youth Cup finals in three years and only missed out on two trophies due to keeper errors. Being a keeper at 17 is tricky btw.

We have quality in the development squad, but it's a year or two behind because of the Nonsense. I see lots to be optimistic about in the near future.

Well played the Wee Jambos, this is a good learning experience. More valuable than a wee cup.

The future is bright.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Gigolo-Aunt

Just blow up now, ref - game is over.

Thought Zanatta showed up well but the problems are there to see.

Back to the drawing board, Hearts, not one of our guys outside Zanatta look to have any natural footballing ability, that's worrying.

Was that Jordan tackling thin air?

5-2 flatters them but we have been disappointing. The lads will know themselves they could have done better.

Baur.....no idea what anyone see's in him?? Although McGee left him exposed with his charge up the park....

ItsGotToBe40Yards

That lad Baur looks poor. Maybe a bad night?

Slow and soft for a defender.

Watched him beginning of the season v Cowdenbeath and played well, probably an off night

Francis Albert

Good game. Some good football from both sides. If this were Holland that's what people would be focusing on.

Not on JKB of course.

Score didn't really reflect the balance of play or gap in quality between the sides.

Our youth development was banjaxed following Romanov and admin. Despite that we've got Walker, Sam, Callum and King out of it, plus a few other decent players who weren't good enough for us (Carrick etc.).

We've reached two Youth Cup finals in three years and only missed out on two trophies due to keeper errors. Being a keeper at 17 is tricky btw.

We have quality in the development squad, but it's a year or two behind because of the Nonsense. I see lots to be optimistic about in the near future.

Well played the Wee Jambos, this is a good learning experience. More valuable than a wee cup.

The future is bright.

:spoton:

Getintaethem

Congratulations to the Motherwell youngsters, a well deserved victory.

The Hearts youngsters can take pride in themselves for reaching the final with a far younger team than most of the other clubs at this level.

I look forward to a time where we can field strong teams at all youth levels. The rebuilding after administration will take a few more years, but I'm confident we'll get there and the club will benefit from it in the future.

Sad when people are using a youth team to have a pop at Levien and Neilson.

airdriejambo3

That was just horrible, and to think McGhee is even thought of as a first team player amazes me, the boy Roy has been the only one even looking lively in a game we have nothing to lose by having a go to get back into it, I am raging that any Hearts team at any age sits back and accepts a defeat like this team has.

IT appears that taking short free kicks to players who are marked is not exclusive to the first team. The youngsters are making the same basic mistakes as the experienced players. Obviously being coached the same way throughout the club

KineticBeat

The Hearts youngsters can take pride in themselves for reaching the final with a far younger team than most of the other clubs at this level.

I look forward to a time where we can field strong teams at all youth levels. The rebuilding after administration will take a few more years, but I'm confident we'll get there and the club will benefit from it in the future.

Well said

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rick witter

The motherwell boys have probably been together as a squad for 2 years plus. Our team has not

Rebuilding will continue but could take a few more years before we really see any benefits.

According to our manager some of these players will be part of the first team squad next season. I fear for us big time if they are because they are nowhere near good enough. I've watched the 20s 4 times this season and only Liam smith has impressed. 4 defeats also by the way

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought they did Ok against a strong Well team. Mistakes and breaks didn't go their way first half. Chasing the game in a final got them late on. Naive defensively as a team but they tried to play a brave style for young lads

August Landmesser

Good game. Some good football from both sides. If this were Holland that's what people would be focusing on.

Not on JKB of course.

Score didn't really reflect the balance of play or gap in quality between the sides.

Hear hear. I don't get to see the u20s at all because of work, but I was impressed with lots that I saw tonight.

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Yup re the last sentence. It's utterly pathetic from the usual suspects.

Jambof3tornado

Not a bad match, I've watched worse english prem games with 100 million pounds of talent on display.

I still dont like the development league type setup, much prefer an u17s and reserves with maybe a set number of u21s in each match squad.

What a goal. Best bit of play all night.

My wife used to child mind Robbie Leitch when his dad Scott Leitch was with Swindon Town as well.

That's youth football.

You get a mixed bag when it comes to defending and decision making but around that there seems some good footballers with good intelligence and touch.

Think the defenders have to learn to , well, defend though! It's ok knocking the ball about but they shouldn't forget they've got to be strong in the tackle and react quicker around the box.

colinmaroon

Sack the whole management team!

Burn Tynecastle to the ground!

Salt Gorgie Farm so nothing will ever grow there again and - -

Grow some nonads ya bunch of moanin' faced gits!!!

JKB - the Whingers Paradise!

You'd think half the folk on here were refugees from Fester Road - oh, wait a minute!

Well deserved by Motherwell, hard lines to the Hearts players but we looked a bit robotic all game.

The Motherwell players did seem to have a better team bond,spirit and togetherness about them.

Archived