Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

muderwell did the hitting us in on the break very well, aside from the first two goals we were in with a chance, still think that our lads were out muscled by slightly  older and stronger murderwell players.. fth.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reality is that in any 20z squad, there are maybe 4 who have a chance and of that 1 or 2 might do something. The attrition rate is huge. All these boys have something, but it's generally not quite enough.

Very much agree with that point, think its around 90%+ that pretty much drop out of the game altogether/play amateur with mates etc. Two or three will pick up deals with junior/league 2 or even league 1 clubs but your spot-on, the chances of making it are slim when coming through the youth systems at an Alloa or Dunfermline. Never mind Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen etc etc.

For those who watch the u20s regularly, what's the score with Howlet-Mundle. Doesn't seem to have featured much. I presume he'll be one that's on the way out at the end of the season? One year deal signed last year from memory.

I saw him for the first time last week at the U20's match v Rangers. 

Thought he did well and had a good game. 

Big laddie and looked well up to any physical challenge, also seemed comfortable enough with the ball at his feet. 

But if he's too old to be an U20 next season then I'd be very surprised if he was given another contract. 

Jambof3tornado

I saw him for the first time last week at the U20's match v Rangers.

Thought he did well and had a good game.

Big laddie and looked well up to any physical challenge, also seemed comfortable enough with the ball at his feet.

But if he's too old to be an U20 next season then I'd be very surprised if he was given another contract.

I'm surprised we didn't make more of him and he didnt make more of his time with us.

Was he not in the crystal palace 25 man squad 2 seasons ago?

I thought he was a better prospect than Jordan although slightly older too.

I'm surprised we didn't make more of him and he didnt make more of his time with us.

Was he not in the crystal palace 25 man squad 2 seasons ago?

Just done a quick bit of research and he wasn't part of the 25. 

His birthday is early Jan, so I'd imagine would still qualify as an Under 20 at the start of next season, so maybe he will get a new contract. I suppose that will depend on who the management team have lined up for progression or new signings.

Not sure his 3 games at Montrose helped him.

Here's a decent article about him for anyone interested.  http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/wonderkid-7--jahmal-howlett-mundle/

Archived