Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Orwell Hearts will be running a bus to this game. Members have until this Friday to secure their seats, any remaining will then be allocated to guests.

Member + Con = ?10

Member = ?8

Non Member/Guests = ?12

Guest + Con =?15

The bus will leave the West End Hotel at 1700hrs, and also pick up at PC World at 1715hrs.

Pm me if interested.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Ah the beauty of JKB , social media in all its glory... cheers for that info..   :2thumbsup:

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

Should have played it at Livingston.

Spot on. Easy for both sets of fans and a lot of Jambos in West Lothian would probably come along too.

chester copperpot

I know the crowd wont really affect the traffic but with it being a wee crowd will it be better to park the asda side of the stadium. Never actually driven to Hampden before so I'm a bit stumped.

I did park the town side of Hampden when I was at some concert (band will remain unnamed to keep reputation intact) but it was miles away!

The 1993 win is the one I remember most fondly. We were at 3 of the ties: 2-1 v. Killie, 6-0 at Ayr (4-0 up after 10 mins.) and, in the final, 3-1 at Rangers. We also missed a penalty in that final.

Huge Hearts support in Ayr and at the Ibrox final regardless of midweek ko's.

Still believe a coin toss for home advantage, as it was then, makes sense.

Very happy this is at Hampden though understand where people are coming from

First time for a really small crowd

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The 1993 win is the one I remember most fondly. We were at 3 of the ties: 2-1 v. Killie, 6-0 at Ayr (4-0 up after 10 mins.) and, in the final, 3-1 at Rangers. We also missed a penalty in that final.

Huge Hearts support in Ayr and at the Ibrox final regardless of midweek ko's.

Still believe a coin toss for home advantage, as it was then, makes sense.

I think we battered Montrose that year too. I actually played that same Montrose youth team later the same year and drew 1 1 with my amateur team. They were shit but the changing rooms of a very high standard

We should all be making an effort to get there and support the youngsters. Great  night out. Really looking forward to it.

letsalldothebeattie

Even if this game was played on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Hampden or where've I think folk would still moan for whatever reason. If you can go then go. If you can't then that's fine. Regardless of where the final is or should be played we should try and take a decent support for the young lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if this game was played on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Hampden or where've I think folk would still moan for whatever reason. If you can go then go. If you can't then that's fine. Regardless of where the final is or should be played we should try and take a decent support for the young lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think many Hearts fans would moan if it was being played at Livingston TBH.

it's all about giving young player's the chance to play at the national stadium in a big match at that level, the player's would rather it be at Hampden than Livingston, the fans just think of themselves

it's all about giving young player's the chance to play at the national stadium in a big match at that level, the player's would rather it be at Hampden than Livingston, the fans just think of themselves

Do you know for a fact that the players would rather play at an empty Hampden, or at Livingston in front of a good few thousand Hearts fans?

chester copperpot

Don't think many Hearts fans would moan if it was being played at Livingston TBH.

I agree. Its good the lads get to run out at Hampden but this will limit the numbers travelling through for it.

Hampden for me is much more convenient however somewhere in the middle would have been better for numbers.

Hungry hippo

Do you know for a fact that the players would rather play at an empty Hampden, or at Livingston in front of a good few thousand Hearts fans?

I would want to play at Hampden.

I would want to play at Hampden.

Are you a Hearts youth player?

knowing youth football player's they like the big grounds, and we had the chance years ago to fill tynie and got just  over 5000 so won't be thousands missing out 

OmiyaHearts

I'll be there. Gutted the SFA have stopped doing free booze for the comps after the matches. Found out at the Utd v Hibs semi, only reason I went was for the booze.

Futurejambo1

I'll be there plus 4 all cheering on the young jambos, Hampden not ideal on a Wed night but should be plenty parking available round about the ground.

knowing youth football player's they like the big grounds, and we had the chance years ago to fill tynie and got just  over 5000 so won't be thousands missing out 

5,000 Hearts fans at Livingston would create a fantastic atmosphere for the boys - rather than the eerie silence of Hampden 

Hungry hippo

Are you a Hearts youth player?

I'm unfortunately neither much of a youth or a player but I'm willing to forge my birth certificate if we're short of players for the final.

Malcolm Tucker

If I was a young player I'd want to play at Hampden rather than the Tony Macaroni Arena as well tbf.

John Findlay

I know the crowd wont really affect the traffic but with it being a wee crowd will it be better to park the asda side of the stadium. Never actually driven to Hampden before so I'm a bit stumped.

I did park the town side of Hampden when I was at some concert (band will remain unnamed to keep reputation intact) but it was miles away!

Must have been Take That:-)

I'm unfortunately neither much of a youth or a player but I'm willing to forge my birth certificate if we're short of players for the final.

:10900:

I depends on where you are coming from before hand and where you are heading to after.

But I'd hope the car park at the main stand would be open and usable.

chester copperpot

I depends on where you are coming from before hand and where you are heading to after.

But I'd hope the car park at the main stand would be open and usable.

Coming down from town so down the high street

portobellojambo1

Very happy this is at Hampden though understand where people are coming from

First time for a really small crowd

I suspect it could beat the smallest crowd I've witnessed HMFC play in front of at Hampden, which was the League Cup tie against Queens Park in August 2005. There was about 2,400 at that game and I'd think this game could attract a bigger crowd than that.

Cupar Jambo

Wonder what the crowd and our  numbers will be for this, anyone going through to support the u20s in the youth cup final??

CgZssEqWwAAnD9I.jpg

Four of us going, still say the game should have been at Livvy or Falkirk

chester copperpot

I suspect it could beat the smallest crowd I've witnessed HMFC play in front of at Hampden, which was the League Cup tie against Queens Park in August 2005. There was about 2,400 at that game and I'd think this game could attract a bigger crowd than that.

Is Porty Hearts putting on a bus mate? Not sure if there was much interest going by the fb update?

Just pipped you there, mate.

Att: 2101, a miserable 0-1 defeat on a stinker of a day in 1981.

Coming down from town so down the high street

I'd just park as close by on the local streets. Or the car-park but that might be busy and there might be a charge. 

portobellojambo1

Is Porty Hearts putting on a bus mate? Not sure if there was much interest going by the fb update?

Ran a bus through to the final in Paisley against Rangers and it was a decent night out (apart from the result), but there hasn't been suffcient interest this time round.

chester copperpot

Ran a bus through to the final in Paisley against Rangers and it was a decent night out (apart from the result), but there hasn't been suffcient interest this time round.

Shame!

Let me know where u and john are sitting and will come down and embarass u ;-)

Thanks, you know if it will be a young side like the one against Ross County or a more experienced one like against Aberdeen last time out?

Thanks, you know if it will be a young side like the one against Ross County or a more experienced one like against Aberdeen last time out?

I'd think it'll be young mate

John Findlay

Most of them U20 I would imagine :-)

Yeah, but was thinking of players like Liam Smith, Buchanan, Morrison, Zanatta, Hamilton and McGhee. I know Liam Fox played the last game aswell :)

Its on Alba I'm led to believe.

Just checked and it is.  :thumbsup:

Starts at 7:20 on Sky 142.

Trained One

Orwell Hearts will be running a bus to this game. Members have until this Friday to secure their seats, any remaining will then be allocated to guests.

Member + Con = ?10

Member = ?8

Non Member/Guests = ?12

Guest + Con =?15

The bus will leave the West End Hotel at 1700hrs, and also pick up at PC World at 1715hrs.

Pm me if interested.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Seats available, and also a Deer Park pick up at 1740ish added.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Doctor FinnBarr

Wasn't it Boyzone?

:lipsrsealed2:

John Findlay

Seats available, and also a Deer Park pick up at 1740ish added.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Will be at West End hotel for 17.00. Had it in my head as a 17 15 pick up. Thanks for posting that again.

Archived