Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gigolo-Aunt

Game over - would have been interesting to see if Well had got nervy if it stayed 3-2 going in to the last 5

Best team is going to win though

This team really is shite. Sinply not good enough at the basics, and coaching has to be looked at.

Some of these players are supposed to be competing for the first team.

Think Robbie Neilson must be in charge tonight. Absolute spineless performance for a cup final.

Jambof3tornado

Poor closing down for that goal but a great strike.

Beith having a poor game.

A few of our bigger players not really showing tonight.

Motherwell very clinical to say the least.

Mason has been at fault for a couple which is a pity but its been a decent game.

Plenty to work with for the coaches.

rick witter

The defending is comical. The boy McLean reminds me of John Daly only slower. I've got to say I'm really disappointed and see no player in that team who will be a regular in hearts first team in the next couple of years.

colinmaroon

This team really is shite. Sinply not good enough at the basics, and coaching has to be looked at.

Needs Levein's touch!

Defensively inept.

Agree with this also.

alicante jambo

Mclean just let him run past him an absolute terrible effort from him to stop the well player cutting in.Still time though.

BrellierBoy

Only on KB will an entire team of teenagers be completely written off after some experts watched them for less than 90 minutes

Whats the point in pretending. Motherwell are able to field a far superior team than Hearts at this level. That is a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ItsGotToBe40Yards

This striker McLean is guff, cost us for the 4th goal and is too immobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

McLean needs to move to the ball instead of waiting for it to roll right to him. Too static at times.

Bauer has been decent and I havent noticed Jordan in a good or bad way.

Big occasion for the boys and looks like it's got to them. Pretty week at the back getting beat far to easily.

Maybe The Bootroom need to choose a different style of football to play all the way through the club.

I would agree.

Won't happen whilst our present D.o.F. is about though.

KineticBeat

Whats the point in pretending. Motherwell are able to field a far superior team than Hearts at this level. That is a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G900F using

Motherwell haven't gone through administration over the past 2 years which completely wrecked their youth set up have they?

Hearts started with at least 3 17 yr old and have brought on 14 year old as a sub. Even at U20s level we have a young team as we are still rebuilding.

rick witter

The boy cadden for well and the number 11 both look like they have a bit of ability about them

FenderJaguar7

Something i've noticed is that the Motherwell boys seem to have a bit of freedom in their play and actually look like they're enjoying themselves. Obvious now cos they're winning but they are pretty direct.

I suppose this thread is the opposite of the usual guff on here about how fantastic all the young players are. Neither extreme is close to the truth but what is is that few youth players make it big at the club % wise.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Motherwell looking a yard sharper and better coached unfortunately. Still a few good touches but struggling to follow who is the best of our lot due to the Gaelic commentary.

Malinga the Swinga

And here come the negative posts as we concede. No well done when we score our goal, but the usual anti Robbie, anti Daly anti Hearts really as soon as Motherwell scored. The majority must be Hibs fans trolling as no Hearts supporter could be that down on their own team.

Some would be better to watching wrestling, where they can find out results in advance, and get all moist watching them roll around with each other. The rest can go back to Ibrox, Easter Road or where ever they normally go.

It's just young laddies playing, it isn't the Champions league.

loveofthegame

Motherwell deserved winners. Our first team squad members have been very disappointing on the whole. Smith apart who probably deserves pass marks.

There you go Anne another incompetent coach at the club. Looks like that hibs cup tie again. Not got a clue how to play against teams in our faces. Isn't that so Robbie?!

loveofthegame

Motherwell haven't gone through administration over the past 2 years which completely wrecked their youth set up have they?

Hearts started with at least 3 17 yr old and have brought on 14 year old as a sub. Even at U20s level we have a young team as we are still rebuilding.

This is true tbf and Robbo alluded to the same in his interview that was shown at h/t. Youth system was in pieces post admin, will take a while to get it back in order.

Jambof3tornado

And here come the negative posts as we concede. No well done when we score our goal, but the usual anti Robbie, anti Daly anti Hearts really as soon as Motherwell scored. The majority must be Hibs fans trolling as no Hearts supporter could be that down on their own team.

Some would be better to watching wrestling, where they can find out results in advance, and get all moist watching them roll around with each other. The rest can go back to Ibrox, Easter Road or where ever they normally go.

It's just young laddies playing, it isn't the Champions league.

They are just young laddies but so us the motherwell team who have had an easy match. 3 flukey goals and a decent strike but they've looked better organised too.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Something i've noticed is that the Motherwell boys seem to have a bit of freedom in their play and actually look like they're enjoying themselves. Obvious now cos they're winning but they are pretty direct.

All of our players look like that. It's one reason Billy King was sent out - played off the cuff and didn't follow instructions enough.

Malinga the Swinga

nJeez mate, you had better watch. Posting realistic comments will get you nowhere. You need to join the clique and be anti everything Budge, Levein and Neilson are doing and have achieved. If we don't win Cahmpions league in next 2 years, most of these people will explode with anger. Even if we won it, they would complain we didn't do it with flair.

Archived