Youth Cup Final; Hearts v Motherwell.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Wonder what the crowd and our  numbers will be for this, anyone going through to support the u20s in the youth cup final??

CgZssEqWwAAnD9I.jpg

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Wonder what the crowd and our numbers will be for this, anyone going through to support the u20s in the youth cup final??

CgZssEqWwAAnD9I.jpg

Yes I will be there with the laddie. Im assuming they're only opening the South stand for this fixture.

maroonlegions

Yes I will be there with the laddie. Im assuming they're only opening the South stand for this fixture.

Probably, aye. Was thinking of taking the wee man along myself. 

Shame about the venue, date and ko time.

A coin toss for home advantage and a Saturday/Sunday afternoon ko would have been so much more convenient for taking kids.

Bigger occasion and attendance too.

Rudolf's Mate

Long shot but I don't suppose it's being stream on the SFA website?

Edit: Saying it's on BBC Alba?

Seymour M Hersh

Long shot but I don't suppose it's being stream on the SFA website?

I think it's live on Alba.

Jerah Jambo

Yeah just Googled it :thumbsup: Cool, I'll be tuning in.

Up in Inverness on a golf holiday next week, might struggle to get a pub to switch over from Athletico v Bayern to BBC Alba,so I think I'll have to rely on JKB.

Rudolf's Mate

Up in Inverness on a golf holiday next week, might struggle to get a pub to switch over from Athletico v Bayern to BBC Alba,so I think I'll have to rely on JKB.

Take your tablet into the bar with you ;) It should be available via iPlayer or on the BBC website.

:vrface: I've text people saying it was on tomorrow :lol:

WTF is the OP playing at posting this so early :rofl:That's my excuse for messing up!

Seymour M Hersh

I thought Alba was all you could get in Inversneckie! 

maroonlegions

Take your tablet into the bar with you ;) It should be available via iPlayer or on the BBC website.

:vrface: I've text people saying it was on tomorrow :lol:

WTF is the OP playing at posting this so early :rofl:That's my excuse for messing up!

The OP thought might as well be  in before the lock.. :beatnik2:

27th of April tends to be the give away..   :laugh4:

Rudolf's Mate

The OP thought might as well be in before the lock.. :beatnik2:

27th of April tends to be the give away.. :laugh4:

I didn't look at the date yet I did check the time :lol:

They really need to sort out alternative English commentary for alba. How many gealic speaking folk are going to be interested in the hearts motherwell youth cup final!

letsalldothebeattie

I will be going as soon as I tell work I'm leaving early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what the crowd and our numbers will be for this, anyone going through to support the u20s in the youth cup final??

CgZssEqWwAAnD9I.jpg

Nice graphic.

Yes going through

800 would be my guess. Good crowd, more than that in 2014 through to Paisley v Rangers.

Should be a good occasion

maroonlegions

I didn't look at the date yet I did check the time :lol:

:laugh4:  We are all human. eh..or are we.. :uhoh2: .....     :laugh4:

maroonlegions

16 seat minibus going through, hopefully the boys will get a decent crowd.

:2thumbsup:

Full car going through. Well Well @#(+ yer Well!

I will be going as soon as I tell work I'm leaving early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try and go.

They really need to sort out alternative English commentary for alba. How many gealic speaking folk are going to be interested in the hearts motherwell youth cup final!

RickDeckard

Any one tell me which (if any) first team players regularly turn out for the U20s? McGhee, Souttar?

maroonlegions

Nice graphic.

Yes going through

800 would be my guess. Good crowd, more than that in 2014 through to Paisley v Rangers.

Should be a good occasion

800.. not a bad shout. :2thumbsup:

Any one tell me which (if any) first team players regularly turn out for the U20s? McGhee, Souttar?

Liam Smith and Dario Zanatta

letsalldothebeattie

McGhee played the semi final would imagine will play the final unless something happens Saturday and he is needed for Celtic the following week. Zanatta, Liam Smith & Buchanan will play too

colinmaroon

Shame about the venue, date and ko time.

A coin toss for home advantage and a Saturday/Sunday afternoon ko would have been so much more convenient for taking kids.

Bigger occasion and attendance too.

Are you mad?

The SFA consider the fans?

Hell will freeze over first!

Sneckiejambo

Seymour M Hersh,

Believe it or not we having running water, electricity, inside toilets and we even get papers in Inversneckie.

Are you mad?

The SFA consider the fans?

Hell will freeze over first!

Aye.

A decision made by the blazers for the blazers. No way they'd inconvenience themselves travelling to Edinburgh or Motherwell.

Hampden on their doorstep, office, private facilities and an all you can eat/drink buffet.

I've always been naive.

Guest JamboStu22

I know its good for the young boys playing a final at hampden but hearts v motherwell on wed might at hampden shoulf of been played at Livi ?

Rudolf's Mate

Genuine question. Where have previous finals been played? If they've generally been played at Hampden then there really can't be any complaints.

Not one of those boys would choose Livi that's for sure.

MacDonald Jardine

Genuine question. Where have previous finals been played? If they've generally been played at Hampden then there really can't be any complaints.

They used to be played at the ground of one of the clubs in the Final.  I was at Ibrox for the final circa 1994 and at Tynecastle v Dundee Utd a few years later. Then it moved to Hampden. IIRC the game a couple of years ago was at Paisley for Hearts v Rangers.

jamboinglasgow

Since 2007 (with the exception of 2 years ago due to Hampden being changed for Commonwealth games) they have been played at Hampden.

Seymour M Hersh,

Believe it or not we having running water, electricity, inside toilets and we even get papers in Inversneckie.

Papers?  Oh yes, I remember them.  They were like how we used to read the news back in the 20th century.

scott herbertson

It's quite a contrast between the shirt sponsors on the young lads' strips, isn't it?

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh,

Posh gits! 

Don't think any of the boys will be disappointed it's at Hampden.

This^^^^^

It's the home of Scottish football where all finals should be played. For most if not all the players it will be be the only time they get to play a national final at the national stadium. I'm sure they will all feel very proud as they walk down the tunnel and onto the pitch and so they should. A great achievement to get to the final and I hope they enjoy the occasion and win.

Just get along and support the boys and stop bleeting about your own inconvenience!

Rudolf's Mate

They used to be played at the ground of one of the clubs in the Final. I was at Ibrox for the final circa 1994 and at Tynecastle v Dundee Utd a few years later. Then it moved to Hampden. IIRC the game a couple of years ago was at Paisley for Hearts v Rangers.

Since 2007 (with the exception of 2 years ago due to Hampden being changed for Commonwealth games) they have been played at Hampden.

I don't think there can be any complaints then if this is effectively the norm. I agree that a weekend would have been better but for any kid playing football surely it's got to be a dream to play a final at Hampden.

I hope to be taking my son along to this, only issue is with it being played on a school night. Good for the u20's to be playing at Hampden though, why not make it on a Sunday afternoon?

Don't think any of the boys will be disappointed it's at Hampden.

Agree, might not be the best for people going to watch it, but great for the players . Rather than the likes of  Hamilton or Falkirk

Agree, might not be the best for people going to watch it, but great for the players . Rather than the likes of  Hamilton or Falkirk

So playing on a shit pitch, in front a few spectators scattered in a cavern of a stadium, creating zilch atmosphere, is "great"?

Maybe the players would have preferred Livingston with a good few thousand creating a cracking atmosphere?

I know its good for the young boys playing a final at hampden but hearts v motherwell on wed might at hampden shoulf of been played at Livi ?

:spoton:

Trained One

Orwell Hearts will be running a bus to this game. Members have until this Friday to secure their seats, any remaining will then be allocated to guests.

Member + Con = ?10

Member = ?8

Non Member/Guests = ?12

Guest + Con =?15

The bus will leave the West End Hotel at 1700hrs, and also pick up at PC World at 1715hrs.

Pm me if interested.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Archived