If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

Doesn't this whole thing come down to there being different degrees of rivalry for some people? Hibs obviously are our local rivals just as England are Scotland's local rivals. So the default position there is to "support" whoever is playing against Hibs or England (and getting a lot of abuse for that one in certain quarters by the way - the rules of local football rivalry seem not to apply where England and Scotland are concerned) and wish nothing but misfortune on them so you can have a chuckle and claim local bragging rights.

However there are also playing rivals. So for us just now and probably next season that's not Hibs (unless in a cup tie) and will be Rangers. So the difference of opinion seems to be when your local rival plays your playing rival who do you or should you want to win?

I go with playing every time. So if we are in a group with England and we need them to beat another team I want them to win without actually supporting them. This situation isn't as clear cut but personally I think Rangers will take confidence and earn prestige and income from a cup win that I don't want them to have going into the new season. Hibs I couldn't care less about in a playing sense, apart from when we're playing them or when enjoying their self-inflicted misfortunes, until they sort themselves out and actually become a proper rival in the same league again.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gerriatrick

2 reasons i would prefer Hibs 2 win, Reason one was put nicely by Rabthejambo -

rabthejambo, on 22 Apr 2016 - 2:15 PM, said:snapback.png

RIP Martin. You loved your team just like we love ours.  Only the colour of the scarf separates us. At the end of the day we're all just overgrown kids going daft for some boys on a park.

Between Hearts and Hibs it really is just the colour of our scarfs while with Ranger its completely different. Having been a Jambo since the 70`s what i have seen from them and their supporters is just reprehensible.

The club put Airdrionians out of business (without any help from the SFA for airdrie as they did for Ranger) The spitting and pish raining down from above at Ibrox, the complete religious bigotry, their misplaced feeling of superiority and their cheating and manipulation that caused many clubs to nearly go bust (Hearts included) trying just to compete.

The second reason I would prefer Hibs to win is because a close friend of mine, who i have known from days old but is unfortunately a Hibs fan, is now into plan B of Cancer treatment and if this doesnt work there is no plan C. While having treatment for the cancer in the plan A stage he had a heart attack, and it was then doing the scans was it discovered he had suffered a stroke at an earlier time (His explanation of why he is a Hibs supporter). Even after all this he still has a great sense of humour and also does a blog of his cancer diaries at www.scudbroon.com (check it out, it may bring a smile and if you have time post a comment) A great character who despite it all always seems to be cracking jokes and always smiling about life.

Having seen Hearts winning the Scottish cup three times, having beaten Hibs 5-1 in one of them, I think for Scud broon and Martin Glancy I honestly wouldnt mind Hibs winning the cup. 

MacDonald Jardine

Between Hearts and Hibs it really is just the colour of our scarfs while with Ranger its completely different. Having been a Jambo since the 70`s what i have seen from them and their supporters is just reprehensible.

The club put Airdrionians out of business (without any help from the SFA for airdrie as they did for Ranger) The spitting and pish raining down from above at Ibrox, the complete religious bigotry, their misplaced feeling of superiority and their cheating and manipulation that caused many clubs to nearly go bust (Hearts included) trying just to compete.

The second reason I would prefer Hibs to win is because a close friend of mine, who i have known from days old but is unfortunately a Hibs fan, is now into plan B of Cancer treatment and if this doesnt work there is no plan C. While having treatment for the cancer in the plan A stage he had a heart attack, and it was then doing the scans was it discovered he had suffered a stroke at an earlier time (His explanation of why he is a Hibs supporter). Even after all this he still has a great sense of humour and also does a blog of his cancer diaries at www.scudbroon.com (check it out, it may bring a smile and if you have time post a comment) A great character who despite it all always seems to be cracking jokes and always smiling about life.

Having seen Hearts winning the Scottish cup three times, having beaten Hibs 5-1 in one of them, I think for Scud broon and Martin Glancy I honestly wouldnt mind Hibs winning the cup. 

On reflection out of line.

Having seen Hearts winning the Scottish cup three times, having beaten Hibs 5-1 in one of them, I think for Scud broon and Martin Glancy I honestly wouldnt mind Hibs winning the cup. [/size]

Very poignant post mate. :thumb:

Ecce Romanov

Having seen Hearts winning the Scottish cup three times, having beaten Hibs 5-1 in one of them, I think for Scud broon and Martin Glancy I honestly wouldnt mind Hibs winning the cup. [/size]

I have a friend in a very similar situation. So, would like to see Hibs win for that reason

davemclaren

I'm a bit like this. Normally it's anyone over Hibs for me. However, a close friend, who I've known from school 40 odd years ago, was diagnosed with cancer last november. From being hopeful of treatment enabling him to survive for several more years he found out he only had weeks/months to live early last month. His main ambitions then were to live see his son graduate in June and see Hibs win the cup. I joked with him that no-one could expect to live long enough to see the latter but hoped he would get his wishes. Sadly he died mid march.

So, for the first time ever, I hope Hibs win a trophy and I'll raise a glass to my mate if they do. If that makes me a non proper Hearts man then I can live with it. :)

Bazzas right boot

This adds a human and personal element to it as many of my friends and family are Hibs fans.

Rangers, I cannot relate to and is an institution and  has a culture I do not like.

My previous argument also stands that Rangers will be Hearts direct rival nest year and anything that does not strengthen them is a bonus.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I just hope the vermin sympathisers don't do an about face and join in the celebrations on here.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I hate both the Old Firm equally (Celtic would have shaded it up until probably last season), and both much more so than I do Hibs. I have made no effort to hide my anti OF feelings.

I'm not sure what you mean about my background, maybe you're mixing me up with someone else? There's nothing at all about my background that would make me a secret Celtic supporter.

Any chance you could address this BB, I'm genuinely interested in what you think my secret background could be?

Or maybe you really are just thinking of someone else entirely.

I take your points on board, mate, but we'll have to disagree on the difference a Euro League 2nd Round entry would make to sevco.

They will have a full Season Ticket uptake next season and play to full houses every home game....throw in the old firm TV money and the likelihood of them lasting two or three rounds in Europe will not, imo, swing things too dramatically in their favour. They will be doing well, financially, regardless.

As I said though, Hibs are our rivals, regardless of what League they are in, and I hope for a Final defeat and Championship football for them.

They will be back sometime....!

There's a constant theme running through Scottish football history of Rangers and Celtic dominance.

If we're happy seeing that continue then great, let's hope for yet another Rangers cup win - it'd only be their 34th after all.

It's the same mindset people have who would rather see Celtic win the league than Aberdeen because we should be the first to break the Old Firm stranglehold.

Hibs are our local rivals and no more. I hope Ann and her team are not worrying too much on how we can stay ahead of them. I want them thinking about taking on the challenge of the Old Firm.

Rangers or Celtic winning more trophies is bad for us and bad for Scottish football.

If Hibs win it, I'll be glad because it means Rangers didn't. I won't celebrate, because I support Hearts, but it stops one of the teams I see as a bigger rival to Hearts from coming into next season with even more momentum.

If (hopefully when) we win the league in the next few seasons I'd like to think a lot of other teams supporters would also be glad that someone had broken the monotony of Scottish football.

gerriatrick

I just hope the vermin sympathisers don't do an about face and join in the celebrations on here.

There is always the clowns to twist a story in here, nowhere was it said anyone would be happy to see Hibs win,just in a choice of 2 for personal reasons some would rather Hibs win. Are you Geoff Kirkpatrick going to about face and join the celebration on here if Rangers win?

I am going to watch the game as I have arranged for my friend and others to come to my house to watch it, out of all who are coming is one Hibby and 1 hun with the rest being Jambo's and supporters of other teams. Most really couldn't give a toss who wins but for the reason above most would prefer a Hibs win.

It's a friends thing, maybe when you get some you will understand

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is always the clowns to twist a story in here, nowhere was it said anyone would be happy to see Hibs win,just in a choice of 2 for personal reasons some would rather Hibs win. Are you Geoff Kirkpatrick going to about face and join the celebration on here if Rangers win?

I am going to watch the game as I have arranged for my friend and others to come to my house to watch it, out of all who are coming is one Hibby and 1 hun with the rest being Jambo's and supporters of other teams. Most really couldn't give a toss who wins but for the reason above most would prefer a Hibs win.

It's a friends thing, maybe when you get some you will understand

I've no need to about face. The idea of sympathising with the vermin is an anathema to me.

Edit: It is a sad state of affairs when you almost have to justify wanting the vermin to lose on a Hearts board. :vrface:

gerriatrick

I've no need to about face. The idea of sympathising with the vermin is an anathema to me.

Edit: It is a sad state of affairs when you almost have to justify wanting the vermin to lose on a Hearts board. :vrface:

You are twisting it Geoff, I don't want Hibs to win anything, let alone justify wanting then to win, I don't carry the "anathema" that you do so you really don't have to come one here to justify wanting them to lose.

I am sure all I said was I would prefer a Hibs win, its like saying do you want the crabs or gonorrhea, no one really wants either but if you had a choice I know what I would prefer

Geoff Kilpatrick

You are twisting it Geoff, I don't want Hibs to win anything, let alone justify wanting then to win, I don't carry the "anathema" that you do so you really don't have to come one here to justify wanting them to lose.

I am sure all I said was I would prefer a Hibs win, its like saying do you want the crabs or gonorrhea, no one really wants either but if you had a choice I know what I would prefer

I'm not twisting anything. Those supporting them are claiming some sort of moral high ground to "justify" themselves. Bash on but don't them come laughing when they fail.

gerriatrick

I'm not twisting anything. Those supporting them are claiming some sort of moral high ground to "justify" themselves. Bash on but don't them come laughing when they fail.

Nobody on here said they were supporting them, let alone taking the moral high ground????? If i prefer out of the two a Hibs win then thats my choice. personally i would rather that they both lose but thats not going to happen now is it? I will probably come on here laughing if the fail (take it thats what you meant) but may have a twinge of disappointment for my mate who would like to see his team win the Scottish cup before he dies.

I take it you would prefer The rangers to win? not in a supporting way, you understand, but just a preference way.

MacDonald Jardine

Nobody on here said they were supporting them, let alone taking the moral high ground????? If i prefer out of the two a Hibs win then thats my choice. personally i would rather that they both lose but thats not going to happen now is it? I will probably come on here laughing if the fail (take it thats what you meant) but may have a twinge of disappointment for my mate who would like to see his team win the Scottish cup before he dies.

I take it you would prefer The rangers to win? not in a supporting way, you understand, but just a preference way.

It's quite clear he would.

I'm not clear as to your point though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

gerriatrick

It's quite clear he would.

I'm not clear as to your point though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

My point?  ....dont have one really, i posted, someone took offence, I think he took the hump and couldnt handle anyone saying that they would prefer a Hibs win over Rangers, dont think anything i posted was hard to understand and i meant no offence to the clique.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes I would prefer Sevco to win their first major trophy. You'd have a brass neck celebrating a hibs defeat.

gerriatrick

Yes I would prefer Sevco to win their first major trophy. You'd have a brass neck celebrating a hibs defeat.

Are you totally thick or just being obnoxious? not that i would celebrate (as i have said on numerous occasions) but why would i have a brass neck? would you care to let me into the secret of why you preferring Rangers to win isnt as heinous as me just preferring a Hibs win. 

i really have a problem with all the historical connotations of referring to h1b5 in those terms  despite the antics of a number of their fans during our troubles I would still prefer ANY TEAM  ANY TIME over either cheek of the arse of Scottish football even if that doesn't particularly suit HMFC , in this case ripping up half our songbook. That is not the same as supporting them. I just want the gruesome twosome to lose every game they play

Geoff Kilpatrick

Are you totally thick or just being obnoxious? not that i would celebrate (as i have said on numerous occasions) but why would i have a brass neck? would you care to let me into the secret of why you preferring Rangers to win isnt as heinous as me just preferring a Hibs win.

Because if the vermin were playing ISIS, I would be supporting ISIS.

Hope this helps.

J.T.F.Robertson

Hope this helps.

Don't talk shite!

I thought travel was supposed to broaden the mind not constrict it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't talk shite!

I thought travel was supposed to broaden the mind not constrict it.

Truth, not shite.

I regard myself as a rational person. I allow myself to engage in irrationality when it comes to football.

Should Sevco win the cup, that's me finished with Scottish football, we've done great things at Hearts over a few recent years, which a strong pair of ugly sisters will obliterate very quickly. I really can't be bothered going back to hanging on their coat tails, so FOH subscription will be cancelled and season ticket not renewed.

I am disgusted so many of you wish the above scenario, because of a parochial hatred of Hibs, you should hang your heads in shame.

I like the part where folk were hinting at the fact a early round tie in Europa and a trip to 15 miles past the middle of nowhere to play a team of part timers would be something likely to lure the likes of Messi to ibrox next year.

:cornette:

Folk now suggesting that if Hibs don't win the cup then they are 'done' with Scottish football and cancelling FOH subscriptions and not renewing season tickets?!?!? Surely that HAS to be a wind up?!?!? If not.......

:cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Sevco win the cup, that's me finished with Scottish football, we've done great things at Hearts over a few recent years, which a strong pair of ugly sisters will obliterate very quickly. I really can't be bothered going back to hanging on their coat tails, so FOH subscription will be cancelled and season ticket not renewed.

I am disgusted so many of you wish the above scenario, because of a parochial hatred of Hibs, you should hang your heads in shame.

The idea that Sevco winning a trophy will lift them onto some sort of pantheon of greatness is bizarre.

Your post is bookmarked for when you post again next season.

William H. Bonney

When you've lived under a dark cloud of old firm domination most of your life, what's bizarre in assuming it will happen again.

gorgie rd eh11

Come on Rangers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

When you've lived under a dark cloud of old firm domination most of your life, what's bizarre in assuming it will happen again.

Why bother then?

Indeed, why will one cup make such a difference in their inevitable dominance?

Riddley Walker

Is this is a serious post?

Is this is a serious post?

Totally, I refuse to be a turkey looking forward to christmas, as the majority of the Hearts support look to be.

Discussing this in the pub on Saturday, I can't even say it is just an ershole JKB thing, very sad. 

jack D and coke

I kind of get what your saying and I'll be honest in saying that aiming for 3rd at the start of every season doesn't exactly fill me with much optimism either. Add to the fact things like Jamie Walker being a big hun and he'll likely be through there within a season or two and it thoroughly depresses me tbh so I get what your saying. I still can't bring myself to want to see a Hibs win though[emoji1] I'm also not sure Hibs winning will stop this happening anyway Rangers will eventually get back on their feet and twat us aside again, it's only a matter of time. The realisation of that isn't nice and I'm not feeling like i want to watch it either tbh.

I've already decided not to renew next season but I won't be stopping the FOH.

gorgie rd eh11

Totally, I refuse to be a turkey looking forward to christmas, as the majority of the Hearts support look to be.

Discussing this in the pub on Saturday, I can't even say it is just an ershole JKB thing, very sad. 

I think it would be better if you stopped going. You don't seem to be made of the right stuff.

Your money's not required. Mind shut the door on the way out.

Cheers.

Riddley Walker

So if the Huns win, you're genuinely going to stop going to the football and stop your subscription?

That seems a tad over-dramatic, they were always going to be back at some point.

This type of thread was always going to produce a maelstrom of toys getting fired in all directions from the proverbial pram.

If people have a wish to see Hibs win for reasons that are their own business, I respect that.

All I wish in return is the same respect in my opinion that I want them humiliated in the final....because they are our rivals.

Simples !

gerriatrick

Hope this helps.

Are you for real or just trolling this thread? If you really feel like that all I can recommend is therapy

Geoff Kilpatrick

Are you for real or just trolling this thread? If you really feel like that all I can recommend is therapy

It's called exaggerating to make a point.

Hibs v Rangers? No brainier, Hibs and Edinburgh every time. Just like everybody I have a few Hibby pals and given the destruction we have dealt them, I don't begrudge them getting the Monkey off.

Who in their right Jambo mind could want the Hun to beat anybody, ever?

Also there is the old adage that we want the team that knocks us out to win AS LONG it in neither of the turd ends....

If this time they turn up ( like we did '98) and expect the worst, then they MIGHT be glorious!

You cannot be a Hearts man and want Hibs to win the cup

End of !!

Rubbish! The lesser of two evils, and you don't get more evil than the Hun. It is the only thing Hearts and Hibs fans have in common, anti-Hun. My Hibby pals were for us in '98.

End of !!

Eastenders star gets it. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

End of !!

Aye ye can!

Bazzas right boot

Rangers were attracting bigger crowds than Celtic this season. They will have a huge budget next season anyway. Do you think winning the cup and getting a couple of rounds in Europe will make a difference?

Hibs winning the cup and sneaking into Europe is far worse,,,to a Hearts fan anyway 

Probably just highlighted my point, it's worse for a Hearts fans ( or some) but not worse for Hearts.

Bazzas right boot

Hope this helps.

A bit dramatic, however I've heard they are explosive up front, and are brave, apparently they would die for the team!

Bazzas right boot

The idea that Sevco winning a trophy will lift them onto some sort of pantheon of greatness is bizarre.

Your post is bookmarked for when you post again next season.

It won't but it will put them a season ahead in their plan, they have publicly stated this, winning the cup and playing in Europe would put them ahead of plan, that's not good, however you dress it up. Rangers being ahead of plan will affect Hearts, not what I want.

Rubbish! The lesser of two evils, and you don't get more evil than the Hun. It is the only thing Hearts and Hibs fans have in common, anti-Hun. My Hibby pals were for us in '98.

You'll be telling us they were heartbroken after Dens in 86 next. Bitter and jealous, the lot of them. They've been like that for as long as I can remember.

Didn't hear of any Rangers fans writing letters to Lithuania to try and bury our admin deal and as a result our club.

You must live a long way away from Edinburgh with those opinions. Likely the majority of the 13% are in a similar position, sheltered from their bitterness...or Hibs fans.

You'll be telling us they were heartbroken after Dens in 86 next. Bitter and jealous, the lot of them. They've been like that for as long as I can remember.

Didn't hear of any Rangers fans writing letters to Lithuania to try and bury our admin deal and as a result our club.

You must live a long way away from Edinburgh with those opinions. Likely the majority of the 13% are in a similar position, sheltered from their bitterness...or Hibs fans.

The 13% are those that leave a game which we've lost

and just shrug their shoulders ,

No passion No hurt

Not proper Hearts men.

Bazzas right boot

The 13% are those that leave a game which we've lost

and just shrug their shoulders ,

No passion No hurt

Not proper Hearts men.

You seem angry.

I've Only ever left one game early.

My passion and hurt comes from Hearts, not what Hibs are doing or not doing.

PHM put Hearts first. In the context of this, a Hibs win is the lesser of two evils for Hearts.

Some on here clearly hate Hibs more than they love Hearts, some on here can't talk about Hibs  enough.

Archived