If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

Because if the vermin were playing ISIS, I would be supporting ISIS.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, with a statement like that, who's the vermin?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J.T.F.Robertson

Truth, not shite.

I regard myself as a rational person. I allow myself to engage in irrationality when it comes to football.

Just to clarify, I don't want them to win it either, but your ISIS preference was "slightly" OTT, although I see it was used as an emphasis.

You seem angry.

I've Only ever left one game early.

My passion and hurt comes from Hearts, not what Hibs are doing or not doing.

PHM put Hearts first. In the context of this, a Hibs win is the lesser of two evils for Hearts.

Some on here clearly hate Hibs more than they love Hearts, some on here can't talk about Hibs  enough.

:phface:

You'll be telling us they were heartbroken after Dens in 86 next. Bitter and jealous, the lot of them. They've been like that for as long as I can remember.

Didn't hear of any Rangers fans writing letters to Lithuania to try and bury our admin deal and as a result our club.

You must live a long way away from Edinburgh with those opinions. Likely the majority of the 13% are in a similar position, sheltered from their bitterness...or Hibs fans.

I get back 3 times a year for matches since I do live a "long way away". It's the HUN we are talking about here. The 13% exist BECAUSE it's the Hun. Hibs v Dundee, no brainier...indeed anybody except the turd ends.

PS I was at Dens AND the Killie match for the league with the other 37,000.

Opinions are not proportional to distance, what a stupid idea.

A bit dramatic, however I've heard they are explosive up front, and are brave, apparently they would die for the team!

I've heard they've got a few bomb scares in defence though.

I get back 3 times a year for matches since I do live a "long way away". It's the HUN we are talking about here. The 13% exist BECAUSE it's the Hun. Hibs v Dundee, no brainier...indeed anybody except the turd ends.

PS I was at Dens AND the Killie match for the league with the other 37,000.

Opinions are not proportional to distance, what a stupid idea.

Your opinion doesn't matter when you don't have to live with them. If you had half a brain you'd understand that.

John Findlay

Your opinion doesn't matter when you don't have to live with them. If you had half a brain you'd understand that.

Spoken like a true 12yr old.

Yes I am obviously not a PHM, being a reasoning, well balanced individual and not overly bitter against a very near neighbors exploits.

Religion, I find entertaining, not a reason to promote hatred against people from the same country as me, but of a differing football loyalty. 

Hearts are part of my life, not my whole life, I am a more rounded and composite individual than to be ruled  by the actions of a football club which are  outwith my direct control.

Tell you what though, that sun in Australia, disnay half fry the brain eh ?

The guy with the way too high post count, of course.

You seem angry.

I've Only ever left one game early.

My passion and hurt comes from Hearts, not what Hibs are doing or not doing.

PHM put Hearts first. In the context of this, a Hibs win is the lesser of two evils for Hearts.

Some on here clearly hate Hibs more than they love Hearts, some on here can't talk about Hibs  enough.

Yes, what is it with that? Like a lot of Jambos I don't have any problem if they beat the Hun and get the monkey off. Surely we are bigger people than that to let it worry us. All of us have Hibbie acquaintances and I'm not against free drinks.

The nutshell IS the lesser of two evils. Take a pound out the 'till....

Want the Hun to win ANY game?. Give me a break!

I have not read all the thread. My take on it is, I cannot stand the ugly sisters and how they have poisoned our game with their sectarian bile. That said i will not forget the lengths our city rivals went to destroy our great club with their emails and letter writing. Till the the I die I will want any team playing them to win.

Agree totally with above "the bard fi Ormi". Totally disagree with "Tyncastle"  I will never think any club the lesser of 2 evils compared to Hibs. All about opinions.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes I am obviously not a PHM, being a reasoning, well balanced individual and not overly bitter against a very near neighbors exploits.

Religion, I find entertaining, not a reason to promote hatred against people from the same country as me, but of a differing football loyalty.

Hearts are part of my life, not my whole life, I am a more rounded and composite individual than to be ruled by the actions of a football club which are outwith my direct control.

Perhaps. What's your excuse for your brain frying when you claim you'll give up your ST and cancel your DD if Sevco win the cup?

Unknown user

Wait, nearly 14% of Hearts fans actually want hibs to win the scottish cup??

**** me, I'm glad I stayed out of this thread!

To summarise, yes.

Cos apparently they've waited long enough and we all have pals and family and work mates who have suffered enough so it would be good to see them get their day in the sun and get this monkey off their back once and for all.

Oh, that and the fact that if The Rangers get in to Europe it will be some kinda stepping stone for them to attract world class players to Ibrox and inevitably spell doom for Scottish Football.

But its ok, cos its all just 'pretendy internet rivalry' anyway and Hibs aren't even our rivals any more.

Batshit crazy.

If we continually see Hibs as our main rivals and set ourselves up to be better than them then we are always going to fall short of the major prizes as there are plenty teams around who are better than Hibs. Time to leave this mentality behind and to move upwards in our awareness of how good we need to be to succeed. I for one would rather concentrate on seeing Hearts succeeding than Hibs failing.

Bazzas right boot

To summarise, yes.

Cos apparently they've waited long enough and we all have pals and family and work mates who have suffered enough so it would be good to see them get their day in the sun and get this monkey off their back once and for all.

Oh, that and the fact that if The Rangers get in to Europe it will be some kinda stepping stone for them to attract world class players to Ibrox and inevitably spell doom for Scottish Football.

But its ok, cos its all just 'pretendy internet rivalry' anyway and Hibs aren't even our rivals any more.

Batshit crazy.

Seems quite rational and goes beyond football.

Rangers will attract slightly better players and be a year ahead of plan. The doom of Scottish football and the OF dominance will be a year ahead. Rangers have  said that they hadn't planned for Europe and if they qualify for Europe they will budget accordingly and be ahead of plan. Unsure if Messi will arrive, but you knew that.

Hibs are our city rivals, however if they do stay down, then yes, the won't be our rivals at least for next season.

If they do come up, we should still be aiming higher than Hibs , if we are not then I would be disappointed in Hearts, hopefully our club are more ambitious than our support.

Hibs can win a SC every 5 years, as long as we are winning one every 3 years, I really don't care that much about what Hibs do/ don't do.

Hibs win and stay down I'll laugh at them, if they get beat in another final I'll laugh at them. However as you say above, Rangers winning ( or Celtic) is not what I want, especially if Hearts have plans to compete with them.

I bet Real Madrid fans would want Athletico to win the league over Barcelona ( Or Barca,  Espanyol over Real). Think of it that way.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Rangers will attract slightly better players and be a year ahead of plan. The doom of Scottish football and the OF dominance will be a year ahead. Rangers have said that they hadn't planned for Europe and if they qualify for Europe they will budget accordingly and be ahead of plan. Unsure if Messi will arrive, but you knew that.

Hibs are our city rivals, however if they do stay down, then yes, the won't be our rivals at least for next season.

If they do come up, we should still be aiming higher than Hibs , if we are not then I would be disappointed in Hearts, hopefully our club are more ambitious than our support.

Hibs can win a SC every 5 years, as long as we are winning one every 3 years, I really don't care that much about what Hibs do/ don't do.

Hibs win and stay down I'll laugh at them, if they get beat in another final I'll laugh at them. However as you say above, Rangers winning ( or Celtic) is not what I want, especially if Hearts have plans to compete with them.

I bet Real Madrid fans would want Athletico to win the league over Barcelona ( Or Barca, Espanyol over Real). Think of it that way.

No, because you made all of that up.

gorgie rd eh11

Hearts are part of my life, not my whole life, I am a more rounded and composite individual than to be ruled  by the actions of a football club which are  outwith my direct control.

You're definitely not a PHM if you're giving up your season ticket and cancelling your FoH donations unless hibs win the Scottish cup.

Bazzas right boot

No, because you made all of that up.

Not all made up.

" Hearts fans on Kickback "

Sorry...had to correct that.

Rangers will attract slightly better players and be a year ahead of plan. The doom of Scottish football and the OF dominance will be a year ahead. Rangers have  said that they hadn't planned for Europe and if they qualify for Europe they will budget accordingly and be ahead of plan. Unsure if Messi will arrive, but you knew that.

Hibs are our city rivals, however if they do stay down, then yes, the won't be our rivals at least for next season.

I bet Real Madrid fans would want Athletico to win the league over Barcelona ( Or Barca,  Espanyol over Real). Think of it that way.

So we want to give up a 115 year tradition, just to knock The Rangers back by ONE YEAR?!?!

And you think that's rational?!?

You'd gladly see our rivals (they are our rivals whatever the gulf between us by the way) win a Scottish Cup every 5 years?!?!? Just so long as we're winning it every 3 (what about 4, would that still be ok?)?!?!

It just gets more and more ridiculous by the day.

Bazzas right boot

So we want to give up a 115 year tradition, just to knock The Rangers back by ONE YEAR?!?!

And you think that's rational?!?

You'd gladly see our rivals (they are our rivals whatever the gulf between us by the way) win a Scottish Cup every 5 years?!?!? Just so long as we're winning it every 3 (what about 4, would that still be ok?)?!?!

It just gets more and more ridiculous by the day.

The point was as long as we are better than them, which we Cleary are just now, them wining the cup will  not change that.

If Hibs win 1 SC in 100 years and we win 3 in 50, that will need to do, however, yes I would rather that ratio was better for Hearts, and if Hibs ratio was better, I wouldn't care, it would mean less cups going back along the m8.

IMO, that 1 year is crucial, I think it's our best chance to challenge for the league since 2006, Hibs winning the cup will have zero affect on this, Rangers winning the cup and being ahead does.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The point was as long as we are better than them, which we Cleary are just now, them wining the cup will not change that.

If Hibs win 1 SC in 100 years and we win 3 in 50, that will need to do, however, yes I would rather that ratio was better for Hearts, and if Hibs ratio was better, I wouldn't care, it would mean less cups going back along the m8.

IMO, that 1 year is crucial, I think it's our best chance to challenge for the league since 2006, Hibs winning the cup will have zero affect on this, Rangers winning the cup and being ahead does.

We actually need more teams to challenge, not less, to make any kind of title challenge. Therefore, Sevco being strengthened by a few hundred thousand pounds is insufficient to go on any sort of spending spree but might give them one or two more players at best. It's hardly promotion to the EPL in prize money that we are talking about here!

Bowmans_Boot

That really is not a fair or reasonable comparison though, is it? Your argument for wanting Hibs to beat Rangers is to delay the time Rangers will be far more powerful than us. Do you think there is one single Real Madrid or Barca fan who sees the other as naturally bigger and that it is inevitable that they will be untouchable at some point?

For what it is worth, I don't think Rangers winning the cup would make any significant difference whatsoever to who they sign for next season. There will be more of a feel good factor, but that's it. 

Bazzas right boot

That really is not a fair or reasonable comparison though, is it? Your argument for wanting Hibs to beat Rangers is to delay the time Rangers will be far more powerful than us. Do you think there is one single Real Madrid or Barca fan who sees the other as naturally bigger and that it is inevitable that they will be untouchable at some point?

For what it is worth, I don't think Rangers winning the cup would make any significant difference whatsoever to who they sign for next season. There will be more of a feel good factor, but that's it.

Fair point, and I do understand hoping hibs get beat, I'm there 99% of the time.

I dislike the old firm more, and rangers don't need any help to get back on top , however insignificant it may or not be.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair point, and I do understand hoping hibs get beat, I'm there 99% of the time.

I dislike the old firm more, and rangers don't need any help to get back on top , however insignificant it may or not be.

At least now you're being honest.

Just don't join in the general merriment when the vermin lose.

Still the hobos

I want RANGERS to win of course and have so duly communicated my vote to the good peope of KickBack

Just to be clear for those hard of understanding and reasoning, there are quite a few on this board.

My angst is against the team known as the rangers, not an over whelming support for hibs. I would support any team against the old firm !

I cannot comprehend  Hearts supporters, backing the old firm, whose systematic abuse of other teams overs many decades has kept us in servitude to them.

Try to keep out of direct sunlight ! oh wait a minute you don't get to many games do you ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just to be clear for those hard of understanding and reasoning, there are quite a few on this board.

My angst is against the team known as the rangers, not an over whelming support for hibs. I would support any team against the old firm !

I cannot comprehend Hearts supporters, backing the old firm, whose systematic abuse of other teams overs many decades has kept us in servitude to them.

Try to keep out of direct sunlight ! oh wait a minute you don't get to many games do you ?

Stop trying to deflect from a horrendous post. You'll see as many games live as I will next season if you are true to your word.

Bazzas right boot

At least now you're being honest.

Just don't join in the general merriment when the vermin lose.

I will have a laugh at hibs expense if they get beat.

I won't enjoy the general media love in with rangers as they rise and put all us diddy clubs back in their place.

I'm on holiday cup week, I hope to avoid the immediate aftermath of whoever wins, going to be horrible for us either way.

I will have a laugh at hibs expense if they get beat.

I won't enjoy the general media love in with rangers as they rise and put all us diddy clubs back in their place.

I'm on holiday cup week, I hope to avoid the immediate aftermath of whoever wins, going to be horrible for us either way.

I sincerely hope our inclusion in your diddy club description is tongue in cheek....please say yes !

TheMaganator

Should Sevco win the cup, that's me finished with Scottish football, we've done great things at Hearts over a few recent years, which a strong pair of ugly sisters will obliterate very quickly. I really can't be bothered going back to hanging on their coat tails, so FOH subscription will be cancelled and season ticket not renewed.

I am disgusted so many of you wish the above scenario, because of a parochial hatred of Hibs, you should hang your heads in shame.

This just shows that you were never really a Hearts fan in the first place. 

So, no great loss tbh. 

I cannot comprehend  Hearts supporters, backing the old firm, whose systematic abuse of other teams overs many decades has kept us in servitude to them.

I totally get what you are saying actually but another notch on the bed post for these vile institutions means very very little to me.  Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, getting into Europe (a stage later than us), getting more money, increased ST sales next year etc is unthinkable.

Alleged " Hearts fans on Kickback "

Sorry...had to correct that.

Corrected that again.

The last time I logged onto Kickback there was 28 too many wanting a hibs win, now its 124 !!!!! 

Someone please give me strength ? 

My Old Man, like me, cannot believe the figure here, he has despised the hibs even more since recent events but still emphasizes the glory these cretins get when there is a Hearts failure on the table, why should we give them an ounce of best wishes for a potential triumph and be glad if it comes to fruit ?

Just remember the sympathy we got from them when were relegated in 1977 which transpired into the 'yo-yo' years, remember the glory they got from our failure of promotion in 1982, May 1986, every semi final and final defeat from there on, they are our geographical rivals and we also take glory from their failures  but I for one do not give one ounce of respect for that club, as for the 124 on here BOLLOxS  to each and every one of you !

Corrected that again.

Happy to add your addition although the inverted commas was a clue to some of the strange posting on here.

This.

They'll come in to Europe at the 2nd qualifying stage making them 6 matches / 3 ties away from the group stages.

I hardly see that as a big selling point.

The effect a cup win / euro spot will have on Rangers ability to sign new players will be minimal / non existent. 

The effect a cup win / euro spot for Rangers will have on our league challenge next year will be minimal / non existent. 

Whoever wins it will be a good news bad news situation. 

Rangers win;  good it means Hibs lost so, 115 years, laughing at the Hibbies etc. But it means financial and profile gains for Rangers who will be in direct competition to us next season.

Hibs win: Good it means Rangers lost and they don't get the financial benefits of Europe etc. But it means Hibs have finally managed to win the cup. 

Best result would be for the SFA to declare it void for this season as having two 2nd tier clubs in the final is a travesty too far. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Not all made up.

Ok, not all. Just the parts about rangers. Real Madrid, etc.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I cannot comprehend Hearts supporters, backing the old firm, whose systematic abuse of other teams overs many decades has kept us in servitude to them.

You are not a hearts fan, that's why you can't comprehend it.

Bazzas right boot

I sincerely hope our inclusion in your diddy club description is tongue in cheek....please say yes !

Its how they, rangers view all other clubs, so yes tongue in cheek.

Bazzas right boot

Bquote name="Joey J J Jr Shabadoo" post="5361472" timestamp="1461675226"]

Ok, not all. Just the parts about rangers. Real Madrid, etc.

Nope, that part is true.

Rangers were in the paper last week with quotes saying that being in Europe would put them ahead of plan and they would increase investment accordingly.

Not a known for fact, but I'll confidently state real Madrid have a larger rivalry with barca than they do athletico, same as Barcelona with espanyol, their rivalry is with Real.

Don't think any of the above are outrageous statement's and both were used to help convey my choice of hibs over rangers, in this particular dilemma.

Hibs to lose the League Cup Final, the Scottish Cup Final and the Championship Play Off Final. That would be some treble.

Bazzas right boot

Hibs to lose the League Cup Final, the Scottish Cup Final and the Championship Play Off Final. That would be some treble.

Maybe that's what Stubbs meant!

BELTER!!!  :2thumbsup:

:sweeet: 

The last time I logged onto Kickback there was 28 too many wanting a hibs win, now its 124 !!!!! 

Someone please give me strength ? 

My Old Man, like me, cannot believe the figure here, he has despised the hibs even more since recent events but still emphasizes the glory these cretins get when there is a Hearts failure on the table, why should we give them an ounce of best wishes for a potential triumph and be glad if it comes to fruit ?

Just remember the sympathy we got from them when were relegated in 1977 which transpired into the 'yo-yo' years, remember the glory they got from our failure of promotion in 1982, May 1986, every semi final and final defeat from there on, they are our geographical rivals and we also take glory from their failures  but I for one do not give one ounce of respect for that club, as for the 124 on here BOLLOxS  to each and every one of you !

A prince among posters. This site scrapes  the barrel everyday. Personally struggling to understand why this type of post goes unnoticed by Mods - I'm sure if it was a Hobo "trolling" you'd be launched in a minute. A sign of the times , I s'pose.

Archived