If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rangers winning the cup means they get a Euro spot and the financial and prestige boost that brings, does the same not apply to Hibs winning the cup?

Bowmans_Boot

If Rangers winning the cup means they get a Euro spot and the financial and prestige boost that brings, does the same not apply to Hibs winning the cup?

Yes, but apparently they aren't our rivals anymore.... Unless they do win the Cup and get promoted through the play-offs (not such a ridiculous idea as some would have you believe), in which case they will be our rivals again, although I suspect many people want them a lot closer to us than they are suggesting.

Bazzas right boot

It does, but given hibs record in Europe, and that they may still be in the championship the boost would be almost non existent and IMO have little affect on Hearts.

For me its like Falkirk or Kilmarnock getting a boost, it should not really concern us if we have aspirations to challenge at the top.

Ranger's would be slightly different.it will allow them to close in on us quicker.

Bowmans_Boot

It does, but given hibs record in Europe, and that they may still be in the championship the boost would be almost non existent and IMO have little affect on Hearts.

For me its like Falkirk or Kilmarnock getting a boost, it should not really concern us if we have aspirations to challenge at the top.

Ranger's would be slightly different.it will allow them to close in on us quicker.

It wont really have any significant impact on that whatsoever, though, will it? You are concerned that it is inevitable that we will be unable to compete with Rangers at some point soon. I do not share that view, I believe that with Craig Levein leading and directing the club that we can continue to go from strength to strength and challenge at the top. We need a little more self belief and arrogance, however, something you would benefit from having (not a dig, by the way, as I do understand your concerns).

That said, you already said that you prefer Hibs to Rangers, so it really comes down to that, no? 

Bazzas right boot

It wont really have any significant impact on that whatsoever, though, will it? You are concerned that it is inevitable that we will be unable to compete with Rangers at some point soon. I do not share that view, I believe that with Craig Levein leading and directing the club that we can continue to go from strength to strength and challenge at the top. We need a little more self belief and arrogance, however, something you would benefit from having (not a dig, by the way, as I do understand your concerns).

That said, you already said that you prefer Hibs to Rangers, so it really comes down to that, no? 

I prefer anyone to the OF, generally.

I can relate to Hibs more, have family and friend's who support them, I can't relate to rangers on any level.

I have no love for the OF, however in a final v Hibs I have favoured the OF in the past, however this time, with the media frenzy, their WATP crap, going to put all the other clubs back in their place etc, etc, along with , IMO Hearts best chance at a league since 2006 I don't want Rangers to be given any kind of help, in this case European football and a cup win

Added to the fact I think Hibs will stay down, It would be quite funny if they won the cup, only to stay and struggle in the championship, bitter, sweet comes to my mind!

It would just some Hibs up.

Bowmans_Boot

I prefer anyone to the OF, generally.

I can relate to Hibs more, have family and friend's who support them, I can't relate to rangers on any level.

I have no love for the OF, however in a final v Hibs I have favoured the OF in the past, however this time, with the media frenzy, their WATP crap, going to put all the other clubs back in their place etc, etc, along with , IMO Hearts best chance at a league since 2006 I don't want Rangers to be given any kind of help, in this case European football and a cup win

Added to the fact I think Hibs will stay down, It would be quite funny if they won the cup, only to stay and struggle in the championship, bitter, sweet comes to my mind!

It would just some Hibs up.

As I said before, I respect your honesty and do realise that some people prefer Hibs over the OF. That said, I do not think it would be funny in the slightest if they won the Cup and stayed down, and I suspect they may well achieve both goals. The one thing this Hibs team is good at is getting up for the big games, rather than the run of the mill ones, and so it worries me that this, along with Rangers poor form/lack of games may well work in their favour come the final. In terms of the play-offs, they are better than Raith, Falkirk and have beaten many SPL teams in one-off games, so that wouldn't be a huge challenge for them.

If this happens it will be interesting to see some peoples reactions next season, if they continue to perform as they have against us. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Folks, update on Jambothump. He's fine, he's just sending abuse by PM now! :rofl:

Folks, update on Jambothump. He's fine, he's just sending abuse by PM now! :rofl:

Thanks, we were frantic with worry.

Just can't imagine why.

Odd that.

luckyBatistuta

:rofl:

Was the abuse typed in the English long gauge? :rofl:

Thats original of him.

Not fussed too much who wins, wouldn't rule out a hibs cup win. They're never going to get a better opportunity to end ther sh1t cup run.

The scum were a penalty shootout away from being on the edge of the precipice. Had they failed they would've been almost over the edge and staring oblivion straight in the eyes. As it happens, and like many times over the past few seasons, through some favourable cup draws and a bit of luck they find themselves making a lot more money than their pathetic crowds and team have deserved.

Once again, they'll be able to dangle a carrot of a cup final ticket and sell more season tickets as a result. Should they win it, you can add another few thousand on top of that. Promotion to the top league, another few.

I know where I'd prefer them. Scraping around the championship hanging on to their very existence, trophyless, supporterless and hopeless. It's exactly what they deserve.

A resurgent Hibs or a resurgent Rangers? It's not even a choice for a Hearts man. The latter was always going to happen regardless.

Could you not use the same excuses for them as was trotted out on here for us after we had won the league before it had finished ? Personally i don't think it is a great excuse because a players wages does not change if they have won the league or not and they should be professional right to the end regardless .  But in my opinion it would sound a bit double standards from quite a few on here when these excuses were made regarding us having won the league saying we had nothing to play for .

That's all fine and well, but the big key difference between our situation and theirs is that we literally had nothing left to play for and nothing else of note worth bothering about.

The Rangers still have one important game left to consider - and i'd imagine its one which they consider to be pretty important (ignoring the fact most of us want to see them destroying hibs) to them.

Its all very well downing tools for the last few league games, but surely this makes it harder to get back 'in the zone' if you like for the cup final no?

the big show

That's all fine and well, but the big key difference between our situation and theirs is that we literally had nothing left to play for and nothing else of note worth bothering about.

The Rangers still have one important game left to consider - and i'd imagine its one which they consider to be pretty important (ignoring the fact most of us want to see them destroying hibs) to them.

Its all very well downing tools for the last few league games, but surely this makes it harder to get back 'in the zone' if you like for the cup final no?

I would imagine Warburton will have them spot on and ready for the cup final . seriously though if the players can't get up for a cup final then they should not be there regardless of the last few league results . Another thing IF going by the Semi final is anything to go by i reckon they will be ready and in the zone and up for it and anything like that semi performance destroys hubs .

I see Petrie has played his 'buy a ST and I'll let you buy a cup final ticket' card AGAIN.

I see Petrie has played his 'buy a ST and I'll let you buy a cup final ticket' card AGAIN.

He should have tried 'buy a cup final ticket and I'll GIVE you a season ticket'.

Keep the 6000 needle happy idiots happy.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Bquote name="Joey J J Jr Shabadoo" post="5361472" timestamp="1461675226"]

Ok, not all. Just the parts about rangers. Real Madrid, etc.

Nope, that part is true.

Rangers were in the paper last week with quotes saying that being in Europe would put them ahead of plan and they would increase investment accordingly.

Not a known for fact, but I'll confidently state real Madrid have a larger rivalry with barca than they do athletico, same as Barcelona with espanyol, their rivalry is with Real.

Don't think any of the above are outrageous statement's and both were used to help convey my choice of hibs over rangers, in this particular dilemma.

No facts, though.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Much the same as your are not some one who can understand the English language, sad feck

My English is fine. Still planning on stopping your direct debit?

jack D and coke

Anybody else's social media full of "Happy Albert Kidd day"?

Any of the complete goons who said they want Hibs to win changing their minds now?

Moan the Huns!!!

3fingersreid

Given the amount of "happy albert kidd day "texts I've received today I've moved from hoping they lose the final to I now hope rangers absolutely ****in destroy them !!

robbo1874

Anybody else's social media full of "Happy Albert Kidd day"?

Any of the complete goons who said they want Hibs to win changing their minds now?

Moan the Huns!!!

This a thousand times. An absolute humping please and no promotion as well.

jack D and coke

This a thousand times. An absolute humping please and no promotion as well.

Ideally an agonising penalty shoot out defeat in the play offs and an absolute fisting in the cup final!!! 5-1 would be nice[emoji1362][emoji1362][emoji1]

Unknown user

Ideally an agonising penalty shoot out defeat in the play offs and an absolute fisting in the cup final!!! 5-1 would be nice[emoji1362][emoji1362][emoji1]

I'd always go for agonisingly close, it's the hope that kills them, every time

:pleasing:

jack D and coke

14% :wtf: On my mobile but is that right? Jeez!

Sickening mate.

They need to have a good long look in the mirror.

Maybe even give themselves a good slapping.

Never darken the gates of tynecastle again.

No Hearts man would ever want this.

Rudolf's Mate

:wtf: indeed, crazy.

Sickening mate.

They need to have a good long look in the mirror.

Maybe even give themselves a good slapping.

Never darken the gates of tynecastle again.

No Hearts man would ever want this.

Shameful and I'm not being a drama queen.

You can understand a small percentage and especially the older, older guys who'd even attend (yep it did happen) the odd Hibs game when Hearts were away. But 14% is ******* at it to say the least.

Brutal to think a percentage of our fan base will be upset when they get bent over!

The OP should start another thread with the same vote but make it public. Willing to bet it would struggle to get 7%!

Unknown user

Shameful and I'm not being a drama queen.

You can understand a small percentage and especially the older, older guys who'd even attend (yep it did happen) the odd Hibs game when Hearts were away. But 14% is ******* at it to say the least.

Brutal to think a percentage of our fan base will be upset when they get bent over!

It really is!

You'd expect a percentage of older dudes, a few happy chappies who like everything, a couple of too-cool-to-go-with-the-herd types to prefer hibs but 14%!

• 3 weeks later...
William H. Bonney

14% got what they wanted. I hope you're all ******* happy. Absolutely sickening.

Im ****ing delighted. Had hibs not won the cup there would have been no pitch invasion and resulting consequences.

A justifiable vote I reckon.

Jambothump

Im ******* delighted. Had hibs not won the cup there would have been no pitch invasion and resulting consequences.

It did go a little bit better than expected :wings:  :2thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im ******* delighted. Had hibs not won the cup there would have been no pitch invasion and resulting consequences.

Admit it you had your Hibs boxers on, didn't you?

William H. Bonney

Admit it you had your Hibs boxers on, didn't you?

The hands off hibs ones, still stained as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The hands off hibs ones, still stained as well.

More needs left to the imagination here!

I personally wore my t shirt with a stag on it. Lucky on the day the Staggies beat them, wore it again for the Falkirk 2nd leg, ran out of luck I thought, but then I only had to wait 2 more minutes to realise, there is a reason for everything in life.

Can just imagine some of the Hibernian sympathising attention seekers 'jambos' now trying to suggest they wanted Hibs to win purely in expectation of the hilarity which has followed in the aftermath......

I hope the 130 of you that voted for Hibs are happy.

Did you go to the parade on Sunday?

I hope the 130 of you that voted for Hibs are happy.

Did you go to the parade on Sunday?

They'll be delighted for their mates and friends and family who are all long suffering Hibs fans.

After all, they were due a win after all and it would be great to see them enjoying their big day out etc etc etc.

Tis funny, haven't seen any of them come back to speak of their delight at hibs winning the cup, ending the years of hurt and of course slamming shut the rangers warchest for next year............... how bizarre.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It did go a little bit better than expected :wings::2thumbsup:

I wondered when the lickspittle would reappear.

I voted for hibs in the poll and seeing my son and granddaughter on the telly celebrating in the stands, or my neice and nephew getting their picture taken on the pitch, or my brother in his pool in Florida in full hibs gear, certainly hasn't made me change my mind.

I will always want the huns to lose every game they ever play, unless them winning helps Hearts. 

I wondered when the lickspittle would reappear.

Careful. He sends threatening PM's.

Archived