If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

MacDonald Jardine

Bquote name="Joey J J Jr Shabadoo" post="5361472" timestamp="1461675226"]

Ok, not all. Just the parts about rangers. Real Madrid, etc.

Nope, that part is true.

Rangers were in the paper last week with quotes saying that being in Europe would put them ahead of plan and they would increase investmentarrow-10x10.png accordingly.

Not a known for fact, but I'll confidently state real Madrid have a larger rivalry with barca than they do athletico, same as Barcelona with espanyol, their rivalry is with Real.

Don't think any of the above are outrageous statement's and both were used to help convey my choice of hibs over rangers, in this particular dilemma.

I'd confidently agree with you about Real/ Barca and their rivalry.

Do you think Hearts v Rangers is remotely close to that?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

I'd confidently agree with you about Real/ Barca and their rivalry.

Do you think Hearts v Rangers is remotely close to that?

Nope, but neither is Hearts v hibs

Next season Hibs might not be in the same division, Rangers will, if we want to challenge at the top, Rangers will be our rivals not Hibs, hopefully we are good enough, brave enough and big enough that in the next few years Rangers ( and Celtic) do become our rivals.

Looking at this thread, maybe our goal in life is just to do better than Hibs and not be worse than them, I may be overestimating our plan and ability to challenge at the  top.

Seems to me, being able to slag of Hibs fans is more important than looking forward to competing with Rangers and Celtic, hopefully I am wrong and we leave Hibs behind and look forward to being a top team in Scotland.

Unknown user

A prince among posters. This site scrapes  the barrel everyday. Personally struggling to understand why this type of post goes unnoticed by Mods - I'm sure if it was a Hobo "trolling" you'd be launched in a minute. A sign of the times , I s'pose.

I'm struggling to understand why you think his post should be of interest to the mods.

If it was a Hobo trolling, he would indeed be launched, but he isn't and he isn't, so why should he be launched?

Nice Prince reference though

MacDonald Jardine

Next season Hibs might not be in the same division, Rangers will, if we want to challenge at the top, Rangers will be our rivals not Hibs, hopefully we are good enough, brave enough and big enough that in the next few years Rangers ( and Celtic) do become our rivals.

Looking at this thread, maybe our goal in life is just to do better than Hibs and not be worse than them, I may be overestimating our plan and ability to challenge at the top.

Seems to me, being able to slag of Hibs fans is more important than looking forward to competing with Rangers and Celtic, hopefully I am wrong and we leave Hibs behind and look forward to being a top team in Scotland.

Fine but Rangers winning or not winning the Scottish Cup will not make one iota of difference to that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Unknown user

Next season Hibs might not be in the same division, Rangers will, if we want to challenge at the top, Rangers will be our rivals not Hibs, hopefully we are good enough, brave enough and big enough that in the next few years Rangers ( and Celtic) do become our rivals.

Looking at this thread, maybe our goal in life is just to do better than Hibs and not be worse than them, I may be overestimating our plan and ability to challenge at the top.

I believe we can compete and grow AND laugh at hibs, I reckon most hearts fans will be the same.

Why do you think the two are mutually exclusive?

You are not a hearts fan, that's why you can't comprehend it.

Much the same as your are not some one who can understand the English language, sad feck

Geoff Kilpatrick

Much the same as your are not some one who can understand the English language, sad feck

Is it a good seat you're giving up?

Regardless of who wins I think the final is shaping up to be a poor game. Hibs are rotten, Rangers have become rotten but at least extra time and pens will prevent a repeat of the 1979 snooze fest.

Not 100% certain but I think Hibs actually led in the 3rd game. Probably the last time they were ahead in a Scottish Cup final?

Edit:

PS Hibs can p155 up a rope.

Watt-Zeefuik

This will get me called "not a PHM" but that ship sailed a while ago... 

Hibs will eventually win a Scottish Cup.  These streaks always end some time.  So if picking when that time will be between some time in the future when they're back in the top tier (which will also eventually happen) and feeling plucky vs. in a year when they finish behind Falkirk in the Championship (mon the Sons!) and fail to make promotion . . . well, that would be the most Hibs way to win the big cup ever.  Even when they win, they lose.

Rangers winning it will give them a Euro place, which will give them some ability to attract talent and accelerate their return to the duopoly.  For the good of Hearts, I'm willing to hope Hibs win it.

But if they Hibs it, well, that will still be funny too.

Bazzas right boot

I believe we can compete and grow AND laugh at hibs, I reckon most hearts fans will be the same.

Why do you think the two are mutually exclusive?

There not mutely exclusive, but Rangers getting ahead of the game is not what I want. a conflict of interest, for me  in this case.

If Hibs were playing, for example Motherwell, I wouldn't Hibs to win. Motherwell all the  way.

They are playing Rangers, and I don't won't any thing to help them, not now, not ever.

You seem upset. You deserve to be.

You two are going to get this thread locked.

Steady the buffs, ffs.

Bazzas right boot

Hibs will eventually win a Scottish Cup.  These streaks always end some time.  So if picking when that time will be between some time in the future when they're back in the top tier (which will also eventually happen) and feeling plucky vs. in a year when they finish behind Falkirk in the Championship (mon the Sons!) and fail to make promotion . . . well, that would be the most Hibs way to win the big cup ever.  Even when they win, they lose.

Rangers winning it will give them a Euro place, which will give them some ability to attract talent and accelerate their return to the duopoly.  For the good of Hearts, I'm willing to hope Hibs win it.

Already mentioned this, them winning the cup and staying down would be such a Hibs way to end thier "hoodoo" and would be funny.

Bazzas right boot

Regardless of who wins I think the final is shaping up to be a poor game. Hibs are rotten, Rangers have become rotten but at least extra time and pens will prevent a repeat of the 1979 snooze fest.

Not 100% certain but I think Hibs actually led in the 3rd game. Probably the last time they were ahead in a Scottish Cup final?

Edit:

PS Hibs can p155 up a rope.

Rangers form must be a worry for them, they  are doing a Hibs after they beat us, and then they have a 3 week break. Not great.

Jambothump losing the plot I think.

No real surprise given his recent car crash posts on this thread.

Put your helmet on and bite down hard on a bit wood.

A prince among posters. This site scrapes the barrel everyday. Personally struggling to understand why this type of post goes unnoticed by Mods - I'm sure if it was a Hobo "trolling" you'd be launched in a minute. A sign of the times , I s'pose.

You still here?

For avoidance of any doubt, a lot more people know me IRL than the person known as GK.

I have stated, I will relinquish my following of Hearts should that team from Glasgow win the Scottish Cup. I am appalled that fellow supporters of Hearts would prefer to see this new team whose whole previous history, was to subjugate and destroy my own club.

Turkeys voting for Christmas, if Ann B, Robbie N, or Craig L. even Scott Wilson support the view of this new club wining their first ever major trophy over a team that are from my home town, I'd like to see it

Geoff Kilpatrick

For avoidance of any doubt, a lot more people know me IRL than the person known as GK.

I have stated, I will relinquish my following of Hearts should that team from Glasgow win the Scottish Cup. I am appalled that fellow supporters of Hearts would prefer to see this new team whose whole previous history, was to subjugate and destroy my own club.

Turkeys voting for Christmas, if Ann B, Robbie N, or Craig L. even Scott Wilson support the view of this new club wining their first ever major trophy over a team that are from my home town, I'd like to see it

So leaving aside anything else, you will take an active decision to harm your own club from one match in which they have no part?

And YOU are calling people idiots! :rofl:

You two are going to get this thread locked.

Steady the buffs, ffs.

Let it continue.

It went south a while back.

It seems to be open season on the personal abuse from him but he isn't getting off the hook for what he posted.

No offence intended, Geoff.

Often best to withdraw, though, and let others post themselves to a ban.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No offence intended, Geoff.

Often best to withdraw, though, and let others post themselves to a ban.

I'd rather he didn't get banned as I'd like to see confirmation of his withdrawal post Cup Final.

I'd rather he didn't get banned as I'd like to see confirmation of his withdrawal post Cup Final.

For avoidance of any doubt and for those of the hard of thinking, in the southern hemisphere that it goes hand in hand eh ?

It would delight me that the new club did not after 4 years in existence win  one of the major competitions we have in this country and thereby qualify them selves to play in a European competition.

Really, is my stance and view point so hard to understand ?

After 60 years of following Hearts, yes 60 !! hating the old firm, we have a chance to do something about them now, but naw, as long as Hibs get beat, that's all that matters.

Geoff Kilpatrick

For avoidance of any doubt and for those of the hard of thinking, in the southern hemisphere that it goes hand in hand eh ?

It would delight me that the new club did not after 4 years in existence win one of the major competitions we have in this country and thereby qualify them selves to play in a European competition.

After 60 years of following Hearts, yes 60 !! hating the old firm, we have a chance to do something about them now, but naw, as long as Hibs get beat, that's all that matters.

Can you explain how a 4 year old club has been trying to subjugate us?

Were they writing letters to Lithuania too?

It would delight me that the new club did not after 4 years in existence win  one of the major competitions we have in this country and thereby qualify them selves to play in a European competition.

Regardless of whether they win the Big Cup, they're still in the Premiership next season.

There is nothing we can do about the Final but we can attempt to give them a shoeing next season.

Good enough reason to hang onto that ticket, mate. 

Maiden Gorgie

Regardless of whether they win the Big Cup, they're still in the Premiership next season.

There is nothing we can do about the Final but we can attempt to will give them a shoeing next season.

Good enough reason to hang onto that ticket, mate. 

just thought i would edit that a wee bit Boab

Because if the vermin were playing ISIS, I would be supporting ISIS.

Hope this helps.

I'd want isis to win with Adolf Hitler as their manager.

just thought i would edit that a wee bit Boab

Quite right.

I had my pessimistic head on there...apologies.

We will batter them !

I will relinquish my following of hearts if rangers win the Scottish Cup.

Did you honestly just post that?

Haha hahahaha

Wow

It would delight me that the new club did not after 4 years in existence win one of the major competitions we have in this country and thereby qualify them selves to play in a European competition.

We don't have a chance to do anything about the cup final.

And no hibs getting beat isn't all that matters.

Hearts winning is what matters most.

After that Hibs losing.

Every single game they play.

No.

It's just that we don't do understanding any more. Not on here.

It's all about vilifying anyone who isn't a "PHM" and , amongst other things, nitpicking from people who just want to get their post count into the stratosphere. 

Don't stop posting though. We need dissenters. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

No.

It's just that we don't do understanding any more. Not on here.

It's all about vilifying anyone who isn't a "PHM" and , amongst other things, nitpicking from people who just want to get their post count into the stratosphere.

Don't stop posting though. We need dissenters.

It's a funny form of "dissension" to punish your own club for a match in which it isn't playing!

I await you accusing me of trolling now. :rolleyes:

Watt-Zeefuik

Already mentioned this, them winning the cup and staying down would be such a Hibs way to end thier "hoodoo" and would be funny.

Ah, cheers, I was skimming.

It really would be the Hibsest way to do it...

Not that it will be of any interest to you, everybody knows you are an idiot, just in case there is any doubt in anybodies mind,you come back on here to prove you are an idiot regularly.

Say hello , if you ever get back to  Edinburgh, I'm easy to find.

Are you one of the 32 people who sit in the Famous Five stand at ER every second week?

ArcticJambo

Trick question I assume.  Rangers of course.  Who doesn't want the running joke to continue.  :thumbsup:

At this moment in time this is the worst possible final.

The club(s) in TRFC that has possibly ruined Scottish football forever and potentially one of the most bent ever in the history of European football, fully supported by our complicit football authorities, which in real terms has got off relatively scot free.

Or that lot from Leith that tried to kill us off, ultimately failed and even after years of providing us with much hilarity, took it to a new level in 2012, 2014, 2015 with 2016 and beyond still to play out. (And this could still go either way)

I'll try and avoid the game and just have to put up with the media and fan hype afterwards.

It's TRFC for me but if by some miracle we had won the league this season, or someone could guarantee we won it next, (and Hibs stayed down) I could be tempted to change my mind.

So are they a new team? Or are they one which has a whole load of previous history?

Make your mind up!

The only folk who think they can be both new and have hunners of history are the bears themselves.

Is Jambothump ok?

He will be celebrating last nights 4 nil humping of mighty Dumbarton i'd presume.

dannymack, on 26 Apr 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:snapback.png

The last time I logged onto Kickback there was 28 too many wanting a hibs win, now its 124 !!!!! 

Someone please give me strength ? 

My Old Man, like me, cannot believe the figure here, he has despised the hibs even more since recent events but still emphasizes the glory these cretins get when there is a Hearts failure on the table, why should we give them an ounce of best wishes for a potential triumph and be glad if it comes to fruit ?

Just remember the sympathy we got from them when were relegated in 1977 which transpired into the 'yo-yo' years, remember the glory they got from our failure of promotion in 1982, May 1986, every semi final and final defeat from there on, they are our geographical rivals and we also take glory from their failures  but I for one do not give one ounce of respect for that club, as for the 124 on here BOLLOxS  to each and every one of you !

A prince among posters. This site scrapes  the barrel everyday. Personally struggling to understand why this type of post goes unnoticed by Mods - I'm sure if it was a Hobo "trolling" you'd be launched in a minute. A sign of the times , I s'pose.

Can I ask, in your own opinion, what is wrong with my response ?

Bazzas right boot

I'm of the belief he should just **** off now tbh. He's said more than enough and it makes me sick to think I could be sharing a stand with the idiot.

And if he thinks Craig, Robbie and even funnier Scott Wilson will be backing the bitters he's completely lost touch with reality. They obviously know more about what it means to be Hearts than he does.

FoH and Tynecastle don't need his sort.

Although i don't think Levien will be rooting on rangers given previous, its a rock and a hard place, both have their pros and cons, don't think it needs to get personal and abusive tho.

I'm struggling to understand why you think his post should be of interest to the mods.

If it was a Hobo trolling, he would indeed be launched, but he isn't and he isn't, so why should he be launched?

Nice Prince reference though

Like yourself Smithee, I'm totally bamboozled.

CORRECT !!!!!

I have to say I am worried.  I know it is Hibs and they have a mountain to climb.  Kilmarnock are utter tripe and Rangers are 50/50.

OmiyaHearts

Not a chance this is a serious post. Why did you not give up when they won the Championship or Perrofac cup?

I have to say I am worried.  I know it is Hibs and they have a mountain to climb.  Kilmarnock are utter tripe and Rangers are 50/50.

I dunno what Rangers are playing at lately, but they better get their fingers out for the cup final.

the big show

I dunno what Rangers are playing at lately, but they better get their fingers out for the cup final.

Could you not use the same excuses for them as was trotted out on here for us after we had won the league before it had finished ? Personally i don't think it is a great excuse because a players wages does not change if they have won the league or not and they should be professional right to the end regardless .  But in my opinion it would sound a bit double standards from quite a few on here when these excuses were made regarding us having won the league saying we had nothing to play for .

Bazzas right boot

They seem to be doing the same as Hibs after they beat us, beating Celtic has made their season and/ or taken allot out of them,they also have a 3 week break before the final!

Bowmans_Boot

I wish people would stop hiding behind this to try to justify wanting Hibs to win. It isn't a strong argument at all.  If people prefer Hibs to Rangers, fine, just say it (as HotCurrie did earlier in the thread). I respect people being honest even if I don't agree with them. I do not respect people making up ridiculous arguments trying to hide that they feel that way. 

Archived