If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

Will the happy clappers/ I want to be everyones friend

be wearing their half Hearts half Hibs tops for the final ?

bunch of losers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the happy clappers/ I want to be everyones friend

be wearing their half Hearts half Hibs tops for the final ?

bunch of losers.

Albert Square is sure missing you buddy.

Do you not mean toaps?

Ken.

jack D and coke

Hibs will have a chance in the final, no doubt, but look at how Rangers this season, and Hearts last season, lost a bit of their edge having won the 'Championship'. The final SHOULD be different.

Plus I remember feeling very confident myself going into the 1996 Scottish Cup final v Rangers having taken care of them in the league at Ibrox (3-0) and Tynecastle (2-0) in the months before hand.

I was just thinking about that last night actually. I was convinced we were doing them that day[emoji1]

Hibs can beat them though let's not make any bones about it. That isn't a good Hun team.

We are talking about supporters of a club that the vast majority of where happy if we had closed for good, so why the he'll should we want success for them beggars belief.

Based on reading your numerous posts on this subject, I'd imagine you'd feel exactly the same if it was Hibs in trouble.

I understand how you and the others feel about this contentious subject and have no problem with it.

Maybe you should just accept that everyone's different and can have their own opinion, rather than thinking they should be ashamed of themselves and aren't proper Hearts fans.

If Hibs had been winning everything in sight for most of my time supporting Hearts I'm sure I'd feel differently. But it's always been Rangers (and Celtic).

If Rangers win they will talk about it for a couple of years but that success will probably give way to further success in the coming years..To be honest I doubt it would really affect most people living in Edinburgh for more than a week..

On the other hand if Hibs win it we will be hearing about it for years.. Probably decades.. They are still going on about a league game from before I was born.. I'm 35 FFS...

So it's Rangers every day of the week for me.. and if possible Hibs never to win anything again in their entire existence..

That being said it is Hibs best ever chance.. especially as Rangers don't have a competitive game for about a month until the final.. That's got to take it's effect on their players..

727 Rangers fans. :vrface:

727 people who don't want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup, more precisely.

If Rangers win they will talk about it for a couple of years but that success will probably give way to further success in the coming years..To be honest I doubt it would really affect most people living in Edinburgh for more than a week..

On the other hand if Hibs win it we will be hearing about it for years.. Probably decades.. They are still going on about a league game from before I was born.. I'm 35 FFS...

So it's Rangers every day of the week for me.. and if possible Hibs never to win anything again in their entire existence..

That being said it is Hibs best ever chance.. especially as Rangers don't have a competitive game for about a month until the final.. That's got to take it's effect on their players..

Correct.

If Rangers win it, i'll have forgotten about it before we even reach June.

Nucky Thompson

727 Rangers fans. :vrface:

You would probably get the same numbers even if Hibs were playing Celtic. But you knew that

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

You would probably get the same numbers even if Hibs were playing Celtic. But you knew that

And the hibs number would have been the same if they'd been playing us.

Sutol, Morgan.

Robbo hates Hibs, fact!

Thanks.

I already know that. I drank with the wee man for quite a few years. :thumb:

Haven't seen him for a while but am pretty sure his son Ryan is a Hibs fan.

That was my point. :D

727 people who don't want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup, more precisely.

106 who don't want the huns to win the Scottish Cup

A 23-page thread of Hearts fans accusing each other of supporting Hibs or Rangers. Wonderful!

In next week's "if you had to choose the least worst option" poll. Stalin or Mao Zedong - who would be worse to live under?

N Lincs Jambo

A 23-page thread of Hearts fans accusing each other of supporting Hibs or Rangers. Wonderful!

In next week's "if you had to choose the least worst option" poll. Stalin or Mao Zedong - who would be worse to live under?

Pol Pot ;)

Stalin has two Nobel Peace Prizes to Mao's nil !

Stalin for me.

Bazzas right boot

Does it really bother  you that much if Hibs fans go on about 1cup win for ages?

I find it very strange that some fans cannot take a bit from Hibs fans, and would rather hand a big advantage to one or our rivals next season, all for the sake of a "slagging".

As a side note, if they did win the cup and never got promoted, after their initial  glory on the day, any celebration's after would be muted, as their club would be in serious jeopardy.

Hibs winning the cup and  staying down, has a certain irony to it.

Hearts, imo have the best chance in many years of mounting a league challenge next season, A Rangers team  bouncing in after a cup win and in Europe is not something I want, I'd rather have them as weak as possible, even if it is only for a season or two before they eventually throw their weight around.

If  anything, this thread has proven that we have a somewhat small club mentality amongst our fans and would take Hibs misery over any benefit to Hearts.

I do understand people wanting Hibs beat, but those who would rather Rangers got beat, do not deserve the abuse and accusations. It is a perfectly logical argument to want Rangers beaten as well as an emotive one as some, like myself hate both OF institutions.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Not sure that would be the case, as Celtic winning the cup would have been beneficial to HMFC in Europe. I'm undecided as it is, but had Hibs been playing Celtic I'd have been cheering on the Jungle Jims.

Edit: Actually I'd have been cheering on any team in the world against Hibs, apart from Rangers.

Does it really bother  you that much if Hibs fans go on about 1cup win for ages?

I find it very strange that some fans cannot take a bit from Hibs fans, and would rather hand a big advantage to one or our rivals next season, all for the sake of a "slagging".

As a side note, if they did win the cup and never got promoted, after their initial  glory on the day, any celebration's after would be muted, as their club would be in serious jeopardy.

Hibs winning the cup and  staying down, has a certain irony to it.

Hearts, imo have the best chance in many years of mounting a league challenge next season, A Rangers team  bouncing in after a cup win and in Europe is not something I want, I'd rather have them as weak as possible, even if it is only for a season or two before they eventually throw their weight around.

If  anything, this thread has proven that we have a somewhat small club mentality amongst our fans and would take Hibs misery over any benefit to Hearts.

I do understand people wanting Hibs beat, but those who would rather Rangers got beat, do not deserve the abuse and accusations. It is a perfectly logical argument to want Rangers beaten as well as an emotive one as some, like myself hate both OF institutions.

I'm sorry but Rangers winning the Scottish Cup this season will not have them "bouncing" and can't see where the "big advantage" would come from.

They will be up for the League challenge like everyone else, regardless of what happens in this Final.

Bazzas right boot

I'm sorry but Rangers winning the Scottish Cup this season will not have them "bouncing" and can't see where the "big advantage" would come from.

They will be up for the League challenge like everyone else, regardless of what happens in this Final.

Rangers in Europe are more attractive new players, and they have already said publicly their budget will increase if they qualify for Europe.

If you can't see it you are either very na?ve , or ignoring it as you want Hibs beat no matter what.

If you do not think it will have them " bouncing" have a look at social media or read any newspaper.

They will of course be  near the top end of the league, but I'd rather their budget was smaller and didn't have European football to aid  them.

Hibs are likely to be  in the Championship, no threat at all to us, the only threat is a few bruised ego's, I can handle that for a few weeks, especially as they will still be pish.

Rangers in Europe are more attractive new players, and they have already said publicly their budget will increase if they qualify for Europe.

If you can't see it you are either very na?ve , or ignoring it as you want Hibs beat no matter what.

If you do not think it will have them " bouncing" have a look at social media or read any newspaper.

They will of course be  near the top end of the league, but I'd rather their budget was smaller and didn't have European football to aid  them.

Hibs are likely to be  in the Championship, no threat at all to us, the only threat is a few bruised ego's, I can handle that for a few weeks, especially as they will still be pish.

I am very much in the not naive category, mate.

It's true, I want Hibs thrashed....I wanted us to thrash them....didn't happen,

I wanted ICT to thrash them...didn't happen.

I wanted Dundee Utd to thrash them...no luck there !

This is not about sevco, it''s about our nearest and oldest rivals getting pumped...i'm very much not alone here.

To somehow want sevco to get beat as it may aid them next season....which is tenuous, even with the Euro place....is, forgive me....even more naive.

Bazzas right boot

I am very much in the not naive category, mate.

It's true, I want Hibs thrashed....I wanted us to thrash them....didn't happen,

I wanted ICT to thrash them...didn't happen.

I wanted Dundee Utd to thrash them...no luck there !

This is not about sevco, it''s about our nearest and oldest rivals getting pumped...i'm very much not alone here.

To somehow want sevco to get beat as it may aid them next season....which is tenuous, even with the Euro place....is, forgive me....even more naive.

Fair enough, however it is not na?ve to believe Rangers  will be able to attract better players if in Europe, managers often talk about this being a carrot to attract better players.

If we are serious about challenging for the league a weaker Rangers team, no matter how little difference v a non cup winning Rangers will benefit Hearts next season.

I  do not see how Hibs winning the cup affect Hearts fc in any way, especially if they are still in the championship.

The only affect is on some of our fans who seem too think Hibs wining the cup  is the end for them.

Now if Hibs do get beat, I will laugh and take the pash out of the many Hibs fans I   know, however if given the choice, I'd rather Rangers lost, however it is pretty much a lose- lose for  me.

I'm also finding myself thinking if they win the SC and stay down, it would be bitter/ sweet for them and even in victory Hibs somehow lose, the  very definition of Hibsing it!

Fair enough, however it is not na?ve to believe Rangers  will be able to attract better players if in Europe, managers often talk about this being a carrot to attract better players.

If we are serious about challenging for the league a weaker Rangers team, no matter how little difference v a non cup winning Rangers will benefit Hearts next season.

I  do not see how Hibs winning the cup affect Hearts fc in any way, especially if they are still in the championship.

The only affect is on some of our fans who seem too think Hibs wining the cup  is the end for them.

Now if Hibs do get beat, I will laugh and take the pash out of the many Hibs fans I   know, however if given the choice, I'd rather Rangers lost, however it is pretty much a lose- lose for  me.

I'm also finding myself thinking if they win the SC and stay down, it would be bitter/ sweet for them and even in victory Hibs somehow lose, the  very definition of Hibsing it!

I take your points on board, mate, but we'll have to disagree on the difference a Euro League 2nd Round entry would make to sevco.

They will have a full Season Ticket uptake next season and play to full houses every home game....throw in the old firm TV money and the likelihood of them lasting two or three rounds in Europe will not, imo, swing things too dramatically in their favour. They will be doing well, financially, regardless.

As I said though, Hibs are our rivals, regardless of what League they are in, and I hope for a Final defeat and Championship football for them.

They will be back sometime....!

They will be doing well, financially, regardless.

They haven't done well, financially since they took over the name Rangers FC. 

They need a large cash injection to allow them to "do well, financially".

They haven't done well, financially since they took over the name Rangers FC. 

They need a large cash injection to allow them to "do well, financially".

Best part of 40,000 Season Tickets would be a start....Euro Football or not.

Nucky Thompson

Not sure that would be the case, as Celtic winning the cup would have been beneficial to HMFC in Europe. I'm undecided as it is, but had Hibs been playing Celtic I'd have been cheering on the Jungle Jims.

Edit: Actually I'd have been cheering on any team in the world against Hibs, apart from Rangers.

That's cool mate, you can cheer on the cabbage safe in the knowledge that they're not playing the Jungle Jims :boak:

Bowmans_Boot

That isnt really that much of a revelation, though, is it?

Best part of 40,000 Season Tickets would be a start....Euro Football or not.

How many have they had this season?

Bowmans_Boot

Except it isn't really a "which is worse" option for many: read the comments from both sides (I include myself in this) and it is clear that they will celebrate a win, rather than see it as the best of two bad options type of thing.  "Mon the cabbage", "I will celebrate" etc etc 

Bowmans_Boot

This is absolute nonsense and the words of someone who doesn't mind Hibs, but hates Rangers. Jesus, at least be honest about it.

Rangers are back in the top league, they will have money to spend, they will be stronger, they will be a threat to us - lets face up to these issues and beat them, rather than pretending that our biggest rivals winning the cup will somehow negate Rangers threat. 

Their last accounts had a loss of ?9 million, those 8,000 tickets will be quite pricey. 

Nucky Thompson

Rangers were attracting bigger crowds than Celtic this season. They will have a huge budget next season anyway. Do you think winning the cup and getting a couple of rounds in Europe will make a difference?

Hibs winning the cup and sneaking into Europe is far worse,,,to a Hearts fan anyway 

Their last accounts had a loss of ?9 million, those 8,000 tickets will be quite pricey. 

...as a start...!

I didn't say it would cure all their ills.

...as a start...!

I didn't say it would cure all their ills.

I would expect their costs to be more as well in the Prem, improved player and management contracts etc. 

Obviously they will earn more prize/TV money (I think...) but they will also have increased expectations from the fans and will need new players. 

As I said, without a large cash investment I doubt they'll be breaking even, never mind doing well, financially. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That isnt really that much of a revelation, though, is it?

No you're right, it shouldn't be. As I said, a Celtic win would have been beneficial to HMFC, which is the most important thing for all of us. Isn't it?

Guest JamboStu22

One of my work mates is a blue nose and they are deluded. Thinks the scottish cup is in the bag they will win premiership next season and back im europe where the '"belong" GTF! . Hibs win it its about time with the amount of defeats in a final . I am not arsed who wins this i hate the pair of them . Hibs win it welcome to the club 2 scottish cup wins in 114 years would still be embarrasing will take them another 114 to win their third

I would expect their costs to be more as well in the Prem, improved player and management contracts etc. 

Obviously they will earn more prize/TV money (I think...) but they will also have increased expectations from the fans and will need new players. 

As I said, without a large cash investment I doubt they'll be breaking even, never mind doing well, financially. 

Possibly true.

My only point was that winning the Big Cup and a couple of rounds in Europe won't change that situation much.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That's cool mate, you can cheer on the cabbage safe in the knowledge that they're not playing the Jungle Jims :boak:

Sigh. Aye ok man.

Possibly true.

My only point was that winning the Big Cup and a couple of rounds in Europe won't change that situation much.

Aye, but the lure of the Europa League qualifiers might be enough to lure players from English League 1 etc...

But, depending on who they get they could raise a million or two, due to winning the cup.  

Bowmans_Boot

No you're right, it shouldn't be. As I said, a Celtic win would have been beneficial to HMFC, which is the most important thing for all of us. Isn't it?

I meant you wanting Celtic to win something wasn't exactly a revelation.  You are so anti-Rangers and, given your background I understand that, but at least be honest about things. I absolutely detest people hiding behind things to show their true feelings.

Bowmans_Boot

Aye, but the lure of the Europa League qualifiers might be enough to lure players from English League 1 etc...

But, depending on who they get they could raise a million or two, due to winning the cup.  

They will generate money, anyway, they are a massive club.

Weigh that against Hibs winning their first cup in 114 years: which is more significant? 

Again, possible.

Never in a million years a reason for wanting them to lose a Scottish Cup Final to Hibs....nono and thrice...no !

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I meant you wanting Celtic to win something wasn't exactly a revelation. You are so anti-Rangers and, given your background I understand that, but at least be honest about things. I absolutely detest people hiding behind things to show their true feelings.

I hate both the Old Firm equally (Celtic would have shaded it up until probably last season), and both much more so than I do Hibs. I have made no effort to hide my anti OF feelings.

I'm not sure what you mean about my background, maybe you're mixing me up with someone else? There's nothing at all about my background that would make me a secret Celtic supporter.

They will generate money, anyway, they are a massive club.

They have generated millions since they began, but are still multi millions in debt and making massive losses. 

But that's a whole different thread. 

Archived