******The Official EUROPEAN ( merged ) Thread******

Statto

West Jambo

And ejsberg complete their impressive impersonation of Hibs by conceding in the last minute to lose 3-2.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonderjyske's last three games are against Odense (7th), Randers (6th) and Brondy (4th).  Not easy.

West Jambo

Not great Brondby coming back to win that one. Hopefully Aarhus can do us a turn and beat Aalborg tomorrow as that would be a big step closer and not have to rely as heavily on that tricky run in.

Big one is the Romanian cup final tomorrow. Need Dinamo Bucharest to beat Cluj. Dinamo are favourites but imagine will be a close game.

Jambo in Yorkshire

We are 3rd on the Kassies site under unknown seeding for the 2nd round which agrees with Statto as we need 3 more scenarios to go our way.

Yeah saw that too but then St Johnstone got put out in the first qualifying round last year by a wee Armenian side and Aberdeen played a Macedonian team.

Maybe changed this season

Got a feeling we are going to the Faroes :(

The Continental Op

Not great Brondby coming back to win that one. Hopefully Aarhus can do us a turn and beat Aalborg tomorrow as that would be a big step closer and not have to rely as heavily on that tricky run in.

Big one is the Romanian cup final tomorrow. Need Dinamo Bucharest to beat Cluj. Dinamo are favourites but imagine will be a close game.

According to Bert Kassies's site, both Dinamo and Cluj were denied a UEFA licence (Dinamo final appeal pending) and to complicate things further, the current sixth placed team in the six team championship group are banned from Europe for 3 seasons. At the moment, it seems that the best of the relegation sub-group will get the last spot!.

Bert has moved us out of the seeded teams and back into the unknowns today. Followed his site for years and never seen that before !

Bert has moved us out of the seeded teams and back into the unknowns today. Followed his site for years and never seen that before !

Emails from Green Ginger of course

peter_hmfc

Got a feeling we are going to the Faroes :(

:yas:

I've been to the Faroe Islands and it's a wonderful place to go. This is just some random advice in the unlikely case we do draw a Faroese team, just in case some might want to reference back to it. I likely won't be able to post when the draw is made.

• B36 and HB Torshavn share an astroturf stadium which is open 24/7 to the public (obviously apart from around matchday) so could get a Hearts fans kickabout, failing that there's pitches adjacent to it. I think the same is for the national stadium, but not as much as open 24/7. They are literally wall to wall, Dens to Tannadice is a trek in comparison. When I went to B36 vs NIS Runavik, I looked for somewhere to pay for a ticket but literally couldn't find anyone. As there are no turnstiles, anyone can walk in anyway, anytime. Any Hearts fans going over could probably chance not paying for a ticket (but would be as well paying anyway).
  • The currency is Danish Krone (but they do have Faroese money, they accept both), now at ?1 for 9.47krone.
  • The buses are free in Torshavn but it's fantastic to walk around. The weather isn't as bad as you'd expect.
  • When you get to the airport and having passed through the duty free and such, just go outside and wait for the big blue bus with "Torshavn" heading it. It costs 90kr (about ?9), and takes about an hour, enjoy the view and scenery.
  • The bus goes to the harbour which is also a bus station. If we play Runavik, there is a Torshavn to Runavik bus from there. There's barely any accommodation in Runavik, so chances are you'd be staying in Torshavn. Guesthouse Marknagil is student accommodation rented out during the summer. Very nice, but it's right at the back of Torshavn. You'll either get a view of a car park and hill, or a panoramic view of the city.
  • I'm pretty sure they drive on the opposite side of the road, not that you'd likely be driving but look out for it when crossing the road.

Well, in the highly unlikely outcome we get drawn with a Faroese team, there you go :) .

According to Bert Kassies's site, both Dinamo and Cluj were denied a UEFA licence (Dinamo final appeal pending) and to complicate things further, the current sixth placed team in the six team championship group are banned from Europe for 3 seasons. At the moment, it seems that the best of the relegation sub-group will get the last spot!.

Thanks, I didn't know all they teams didn't have a licence.

That should count as 1 of our 10 as all teams in Romania that can finish 7th are all ranked below us.

I now make it 1/9 required.

tiny wee stadium which might not even be compliant. if it is we'll get about 200 tickets. They might have to move it into mainland Spain ??

Seated capacity of about 5000 with large running track around it.

No idea how many fans Europa FC have at their games?

To be honest there are going to be a few teams we could draw at this stage that will have tiny stadiums.

Was there not talk a couple of years ago of the Gibraltar Football Association building a new stadium to replace Victoria stadium now that they are a full member of UEFA?

Riddley Walker

I love this thread, great work Statto and the rest of the folk putting in the work. Looks like we're there for being seeded in round 2.

CollyWolly

Seated capacity of about 5000 with large running track around it.

No idea how many fans Europa FC have at their games?

To be honest there are going to be a few teams we could draw at this stage that will have tiny stadiums.

Was there not talk a couple of years ago of the Gibraltar Football Association building a new stadium to replace Victoria stadium now that they are a full member of UEFA?

Yes there was but I don't think they have even started on it yet.

Moving the game to Faro might be an option. Been done before.

If we draw that team by some fluke of chance, we are looking at 2000-3000 or so travelling I would imagine

Gorgie_Rules

Any ideas how strictly UEFA stick to grouping by region when determining the pre-draw groups?

If strictly then looks like we'll be going to Ireland, Wales or Scandinavia first round

edit: scrap that, just looked at last years 1st round ties and there is a few big trips, not sure that statement on the Bert Kassie website is correct unless its just being introduced this year

Yes there was but I don't think they have even started on it yet.

Moving the game to Faro might be an option. Been done before.

If we draw that team by some fluke of chance, we are looking at 2000-3000 or so travelling I would imagine

Maybe but hopefully not.

Just think Gibraltar would be a great place to go. Cheap beer, sunshine, wouldnt have to change your currency and you could visit the monkeys.

Dalstonjambo

Maybe but hopefully not.

Just think Gibraltar would be a great place to go. Cheap beer, sunshine, wouldnt have to change your currency and you could visit the monkeys.

The last 2 remind me of Parkhead.

I've been to the Faroe Islands and it's a wonderful place to go. This is just some random advice in the unlikely case we do draw a Faroese team, just in case some might want to reference back to it. I likely won't be able to post when the draw is made.

• B36 and HB Torshavn share an astroturf stadium which is open 24/7 to the public (obviously apart from around matchday) so could get a Hearts fans kickabout, failing that there's pitches adjacent to it. I think the same is for the national stadium, but not as much as open 24/7. They are literally wall to wall, Dens to Tannadice is a trek in comparison. When I went to B36 vs NIS Runavik, I looked for somewhere to pay for a ticket but literally couldn't find anyone. As there are no turnstiles, anyone can walk in anyway, anytime. Any Hearts fans going over could probably chance not paying for a ticket (but would be as well paying anyway).
  • The currency is Danish Krone (but they do have Faroese money, they accept both), now at ?1 for 9.47krone.
  • The buses are free in Torshavn but it's fantastic to walk around. The weather isn't as bad as you'd expect.
  • When you get to the airport and having passed through the duty free and such, just go outside and wait for the big blue bus with "Torshavn" heading it. It costs 90kr (about ?9), and takes about an hour, enjoy the view and scenery.
  • The bus goes to the harbour which is also a bus station. If we play Runavik, there is a Torshavn to Runavik bus from there. There's barely any accommodation in Runavik, so chances are you'd be staying in Torshavn. Guesthouse Marknagil is student accommodation rented out during the summer. Very nice, but it's right at the back of Torshavn. You'll either get a view of a car park and hill, or a panoramic view of the city.
  • I'm pretty sure they drive on the opposite side of the road, not that you'd likely be driving but look out for it when crossing the road.

Well, in the highly unlikely outcome we get drawn with a Faroese team, there you go :) .

Another interesting fact

Recent DNA analyses have revealed that Y chromosomes, tracing male descent, are 87% Scandinavian.[39] The studies show that mitochondrial DNA, tracing female descent, is 84% Scottish.[40]

Vikings stealing our women  :)

I've been to the Faroe Islands and it's a wonderful place to go. This is just some random advice in the unlikely case we do draw a Faroese team, just in case some might want to reference back to it. I likely won't be able to post when the draw is made.

• The buses are free in Torshavn but it's fantastic to walk around. The weather isn't as bad as you'd expect.
  • I'm pretty sure they drive on the opposite side of the road, not that you'd likely be driving but look out for it when crossing the road.

Direct flights from Edinburgh as well.....very tempted if that's the draw.

Today's games - Tuesday 17th May

Denmark

Now - Aarhus v Aalborg

We need SonderjyskE to finish top-4, Aalborg are 5th, 6 points behind SonderjyskE with 3 games to go after today.

With 20 minutes to go, Aalborg are 2-0 down.

Today's games - Tuesday 17th May

Denmark

Now - Aarhus v Aalborg

We need SonderjyskE to finish top-4, Aalborg are 5th, 6 points behind SonderjyskE with 3 games to go after today.

With 20 minutes to go, Aalborg are 2-0 down.

10 mins to go now :)

Is that the one that confirms it?

All well and fine but how much is a pint ?

:beatnik2:

10 mins to go now :)

Is that the one that confirms it?

Not quite yet.

Could be tomorrow though.

The last Albanian games kick off at 2pm or the Europa League final is at 7.45pm.

Bucharest winning 2 nil in the cup final which is something we need to happen. Aek also won the greek cup final.

August Landmesser

I thought Bucharest (and half the Romanian league) were now out of the picture because of uefa licencing issues? Aren't we still just waiting for 1/8?

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Still 1/9 required, the Romanian result no longer mattered.

Is this to be seeded for the second or third qualifier?

CavySlaveJambo

Is this to be seeded for the second or third qualifier?

second. 

Can someone please post an updated list of potential countries as @ today please.

I appreciate this whole thread and all those who are contributing by the way.  Huge Kudos.

CollyWolly

Seville win tonight confirms 2nd round seeding for us yes ?

Looking good, no guarantees however, similar to the Hibs wins required around the time of their relegation party...

The Treasurer

Seville win tonight confirms 2nd round seeding for us yes ?

As if we needed any more reason to hope for a scouse defeat  :2thumbsup:

CollyWolly

As if we needed any more reason to hope for a scouse defeat  :2thumbsup:

Couldn't care less who won it. A good exciting game would be a bonus

Today's games - Wednesday 18th May

Albania

16:00 - Flamurtari Vlore v Skenderbeu Korce

16:00 - Partizani Tirana v Teuta Durres

We need Skenderbeu to win the league, they are 2 points clear of Partizani going in to the last game of the season, Partizani have the better head-to-head record so if they win, Skenderbeu need to win to confirm a seeding place, if Partizani don't win, this also confirms a seeding place.  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:

Europa League Final

19:45 - Liverpool v Sevilla

We need Sevilla to win to confirm a seeding place.  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:

:sunny:  :sunny:  If either one of the above wins, Heart of Midlothian will be seeded for the 2nd qualifying round of the 2016/17 Europa League.  :sunny:  :sunny:

How is it looking for Aberdeen and Rangers?

The Cup winners are definitely unseeded for the 2nd qualifying round, it would have been borderline for the 1st qualifying round for them. Aberdeen will almost certainly be unseeded in the 2nd round. They need 9/10 things to go their way, the same 9 that we need plus a result in the Bosnian Cup final.

IveSeenTheLight

The Cup winners are definitely unseeded for the 2nd qualifying round, it would have been borderline for the 1st qualifying round for them. Aberdeen will almost certainly be unseeded in the 2nd round. They need 9/10 things to go their way, the same 9 that we need plus a result in the Bosnian Cup final.

Yep, we will almost certainly be unseeded in the 2nd round.

I'm optimistically looking at this as a benefit as if we win the 2nd round (as we did the last two years, we take on the team we beat for seeding in the third round)

If we both get to the third round, were going to gain 1 coefficient point, whilst Hearts will drop 0.5 point, because of the 2011/12 coefficient dropping off for both teams.

Ideally, it's aligned to be better if teams consistently qualify and the whole association clubs do well.

I know it can be hard to support either of the gruesome twosome in Europe, but it should benefit us with the association co-efficient getting a boost.

peter_hmfc

Can we have a mass open top bus celebration if Skenderbeau Korce win the Albanian Super League, or will it just be me?

Randy Marsh

Can we have a mass open top bus celebration when Skenderbeau Korce win the Albanian Super League, or will it just be me?

I think we should just hire a plane and do a banner.  

Archived