******The Official EUROPEAN ( merged ) Thread******

Statto

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was checking Glenavon, they're the only Northern Irish club confirmed as unseeded in the 1st round. Looks like I've confused Armagh and Omagh.

That's Lurgan! :laugh:

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

In County Armagh though. But you knew that.

Two very different places.

Chuck Berry

Do seeded teams always play the first leg away, or is that just determined by the actual draw itself?  could be doing with a home game on 30th June.

Gorgie_Rules

Do seeded teams always play the first leg away, or is that just determined by the actual draw itself?  could be doing with a home game on 30th June.

Luck of the draw for the first two rounds i'm afraid. Not quite sure how that works in practice for the 1st round draw, but the 2nd round is drawn just after as tie v tie.

For the third round it has been mentioned that unseeded teams (us included) will play the home leg first, but I haven't read that anywhere for certain and looking at last years ties in that round it is difficult to tell. Same applies to the play-off although I am pretty sure seeded teams are at home 2nd leg, hence why we went to White Hart Lane and Anfield 2nd leg, to ensure UEFA give the big guns as good a chance as possible of making the groups

Ferryjambo99

I put this on the thread about whether the winner of the cup would be in Europe but could we draw hibs in round 2 or is there a rule saying 2 teams from the same country can't play each other?

I put this on the thread about whether the winner of the cup would be in Europe but could we draw hibs in round 2 or is there a rule saying 2 teams from the same country can't play each other?

Nope.

Not until last 16

Watt-Zeefuik

We'd better ----ing make it further than them in Europe.

CavySlaveJambo

Might affect whether we are home or away though

They won't be seeded. 

The Continental Op

They won't be seeded. 

Hibs win raises the possibility of a fixture clash in the Europa League QR2 - how will they decide who swaps home/away ties if it happens?

CavySlaveJambo

Hibs win raises the possibility of a fixture clash in the Europa League QR2 - how will they decide who swaps home/away ties if it happens?

If I am remebering right the seeded team is at home second leg after the 1st QR

or maybe not.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Hibs and Aberdeen would be seeded in round 3 as they would beat a seeded team to get there. We won't be seeded if we get to round 3.

Hope they draw Piast Gliwice/Cracovia/Zaglebie Lubin

All 3 would pump them, and i could take my father in law and brother in law to watch a team from their country to see hibs get pumped

Failing that the absolute highest possible seed to watch them again, get hammered

To confirm, the draws for the 1st and 2nd qualifying rounds of the Europa League will be on June 20th.

Hearts and Aberdeen enter QR1 and will both be seeded. The games will be played June 30th and July 7th.

Hibs enter QR2 and will be unseeded with Aberdeen, Hearts will be seeded. The games will be played July 14th and 21st.

The way the draw is made, if it's the same as last year, every team is given the numbers 1-10, 1-5 for the seeded teams and 6-10 for the unseeded (or 1-12 and 1-6 seeded, 7-12 unseeded). One seeded and one unseeded ball is picked out, mixed up and drawn to decide the home team for the 1st leg. This can be changed if there is a fixture clash, for example Hearts and Hibs drawn at home for the same leg. If this is the case, UEFA will contact the clubs and associations the day following the draw, so June 21st. 

If clubs qualify for the 3rd qualifying round, Hearts will definitely be unseeded. Aberdeen and Hibs could be either seeded or unseeded. If they draw one of the higher ranked teams in QR2 and knock them out, they will take their place in the seeded half of the 3rd round draw.

The Play off round draw is made after the 3rd round 2nd leg so all teams have their own coefficient for this draw.

Hibs and Aberdeen would be seeded in round 3 as they would beat a seeded team to get there. We won't be seeded if we get to round 3.

Not necessarily, they'll only be seeded in Round 3 if they draw one of the top seeds in Round 2 (i.e. a team with high enough seeding to also be seeded in Round 3 as well as Round 2). That only accounts for about a third of the teams they could draw.

Looking forward to being in Europe again. Hope we make round 3

If we are hoping for stuff then surely we are hoping to reach the group stages (unlikely though that may be)

Gorgie_Rules

To confirm, the draws for the 1st and 2nd qualifying rounds of the Europa League will be on June 20th.

Hearts and Aberdeen enter QR1 and will both be seeded. The games will be played June 30th and July 7th.

Hibs enter QR2 and will be unseeded with Aberdeen, Hearts will be seeded. The games will be played July 14th and 21st.

The way the draw is made, if it's the same as last year, every team is given the numbers 1-10, 1-5 for the seeded teams and 6-10 for the unseeded (or 1-12 and 1-6 seeded, 7-12 unseeded). One seeded and one unseeded ball is picked out, mixed up and drawn to decide the home team for the 1st leg. This can be changed if there is a fixture clash, for example Hearts and Hibs drawn at home for the same leg. If this is the case, UEFA will contact the clubs and associations the day following the draw, so June 21st. 

If clubs qualify for the 3rd qualifying round, Hearts will definitely be unseeded. Aberdeen and Hibs could be either seeded or unseeded. If they draw one of the higher ranked teams in QR2 and knock them out, they will take their place in the seeded half of the 3rd round draw.

The Play off round draw is made after the 3rd round 2nd leg so all teams have their own coefficient for this draw.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Do yo know if there is any point in the qualifiers that seeded teams gain home advantage the 2nd leg? I know this isnt the case for 1st and 2nd round but what about the 3rd and the play-off?

And are you aware if the draw is televised?

Cheers for clearing that up.

Do yo know if there is any point in the qualifiers that seeded teams gain home advantage the 2nd leg? I know this isnt the case for 1st and 2nd round but what about the 3rd and the play-off?

And are you aware if the draw is televised?

No, 3rd round and Play off round are drawn the same way.

The draw might be on sky sports news, if not, it should be streamed live on uefa.com.

davemclaren

If we are hoping for stuff then surely we are hoping to reach the playoff round the group stages (unlikely though that may be)

Well, I hope we win it but that is beyond unlikely. Get into round 3 and we have a chance of making the group stages which would be pretty awesome imo.

Getintaethem

38 of 49 possible first round opponents now confirmed:

Cliftonville (Northern Ireland)

HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands)

Rudar Pljevlja (Montenegro)

Chikhura Sachkhere (Georgia)

Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro)

Kapaz Ganja (Azerbaijan)

Birkirkara (Malta)

Shkendija Tetovo (Macedonia)

Vikingur (Faroe Islands)

MTK Budapest (Hungary)

Hibernians FC (Malta)

Spartak Myjava (Slovakia)

Suduva Marijampole (Lithuainia)

ROPS Rovaneimi (Finland)

FK Jelgava (Latvia)

Valur Reykjavic (Iceland)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

FC Lusitanos (Andorra)

Atlantas Klaipeda (Lithuainia)

Samtredia (Georgia)

Spartak Jurmala (Latvia)

Partizani Tirana (Albania)

Banants Yerevan (Armenia)

NSI Runavik (Faroe Islands)

Sloboda Tuzla (Bosnia)

Radnik Bijeljina (Bosnia)

FK Trakai (Lithuania)

Glenavon (Northern Ireland)

Cork City (Republic of Ireland)

Sileks Kratovo (Macedonia)

Bala Town (Wales)

UE Santa Coloma (Andorra)

Bokelj Kotor (Montenegro)

Balzan FC (Malta)

Infonet Tallinn (Estonia)

Llandudno FC (Wales)

Connah's Quay (Wales)

Europa FC (Gibraltar)

11 further teams still to be decided from countries including San Marino, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Luxemburg, Albania, Armenia, Slovenia and Moldova.

Riddley Walker

How regionalised is the draw for the 1st round Statto? I'm sure someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but I hadn't heard of it before.

Are we prevented from being drawn with either Aberdeen or Hibs in the early rounds? I know we cant in the group stage but doubt we will get that far anyway.

Getintaethem

How regionalised is the draw for the 1st round Statto? I'm sure someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but I hadn't heard of it before.

Don't think the draw is regionalised, but you can't play teams from your own association in the early rounds, so we won't play Hibs or Aberdeen.

Teams will be put into pots in the twenty four hours before the draw, so we will have a shortlist of five or six teams we can play on the 19th of June.

Gorgie_Rules

The night before the draw they divide the seeded and unseeded teams into groups. I am not sure how many are in each i'd guess between 6 - 8. It states on Bert Kassies website that the intention is to regionalise the draw which prevents expensive trips for small clubs but how strictly this is stuck to I am not sure. If it were to be done properly I reckon we'd be looking at Ireland Wales or Scandinavia

38 of 49 possible first round opponents now confirmed:

Kapaz Ganja (Azerbaijan)

Birkirkara (Malta)

Vikingur (Faroe Islands)

MTK Budapest (Hungary)

Hibernians FC (Malta)

ROPS Rovaneimi (Finland)

FK Jelgava (Latvia)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

FC Lusitanos (Andorra)

Samtredia (Georgia)

Spartak Jurmala (Latvia)

Sloboda Tuzla (Bosnia)

FK Trakai (Lithuania)

Bala Town (Wales)

Balzan FC (Malta)

Llandudno FC (Wales)

Connah's Quay (Wales)

Europa FC (Gibraltar)

11 further teams still to be decided from countries including San Marino, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Luxemburg, Albania, Armenia, Slovenia and Moldova.

See the Faroe Islands with a population of 48,500 have three teams in the first round.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern with dividing teams into the groups of 10/12.

This was last year's groups for the 1st qualifying round draw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phase_and_play-off_round#First_qualifying_round

They keep teams from the same associations in separate groups so they can't draw each other, as well as potential fixtures that would cause a lot of trouble, Croatian and Serbian clubs are kept separate for example.

St Johnstone had a big range, anywhere from Iceland to Armenia, 3,080 miles difference between those countries. Aberdeen was 1,805 miles difference between their possible countries.

The biggest distance is Reykjavik, Iceland to Almaty, Kazakhstan, 3,839 miles. To try and put that into context, it's only 3,268 miles from Edinburgh to New York.

Riddley Walker

The night before the draw they divide the seeded and unseeded teams into groups. I am not sure how many are in each i'd guess between 6 - 8. It states on Bert Kassies website that the intention is to regionalise the draw which prevents expensive trips for small clubs but how strictly this is stuck to I am not sure. If it were to be done properly I reckon we'd be looking at Ireland Wales or Scandinavia

Cheers. There are not that many teams in the 1st round from Western/Northern Europe so we may get a couple of wildcards.

Edit: Just saw Statto's above post, doesn't seem like it's regionalised at all.

Can someone reassure me we won't play West Ham please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getintaethem

Can someone reassure me we won't play West Ham please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Ham didn't qualify for Europe so you should be ok.

West Ham took Man United place as they won the FA Cup.

West Ham enter the 3rd qualifying round.

We could be their first European opponents at the Olympic Stadium. We'd take about 4,000 down there.

West Ham didn't qualify for Europe so you should be ok.[/quote

Man Utd winning yesterday meant they did bud

peter_hmfc

Stadion Pod Vrmcem (Bokelj Kotor).

bok+001.jpg

Nice view I'll admit, but I don't really care about that.

West Ham took Man United place as they won the FA Cup.

West Ham enter the 3rd qualifying round.

We could be their first European opponents at the Olympic Stadium. We'd take about 4,000 down there.

This is my nightmare scenario. They were my team as soon as I was old enough to have one. Then I moved up here and followed HMFC home and away for years including Euro trips. I only go to home games now but I would hate for them to play each other in a competitive game

Getintaethem
West Ham didn't qualify for Europe so you should be ok.[/quote

Man Utd winning yesterday meant they did bud

Excellent! Have been avoiding SSN and the papers due to the result in the other cup final, so didn't know this.

Getintaethem

42 of 49 possible first round opponents now confirmed:

Ordabasy Shymkent (Kazakstan)

CS Fola Esch (Luxembourg)

Shirak Gyrumri (Armenia)

Kapaz Ganja (Azerbaijan)

Birkirkara (Malta)

Vikingur (Faroe Islands)

MTK Budapest (Hungary)

Hibernians FC (Malta)

ROPS Rovaneimi (Finland)

FK Jelgava (Latvia)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

FC Lusitanos (Andorra)

Samtredia (Georgia)

Spartak Jurmala (Latvia)

Sloboda Tuzla (Bosnia)

FK Trakai (Lithuania)

Bala Town (Wales)

Balzan FC (Malta)

Folgore (San Marino)

Llandudno FC (Wales)

Connah's Quay (Wales)

Europa FC (Gibraltar)

7 more teams still to be decided.

Update

Dalstonjambo

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1355020-who-could-celtic-hibernian-aberdeen-and-hearts-face-in-europe/

How come if we and Dons get through to to the second round we are seeded but they aren't..?.....Anyone..?

There's a whole thread about it mate. Our coefficient is better than theirs basically. 

Edit - here you go. 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/159970-the-official-european-merged-thread/

Romanov Stole My Pension

Can anyone estimate the potential away allocation that we might receive for each tie? I might look into it later on but if someone else has time on their hands then it could be interesting.

Luxembourg is quite nice.

I've lived in Luxembourg for the last 4 years, keeping everything crossed that we draw Fola Esch!

The Treasurer

This is my nightmare scenario. They were my team as soon as I was old enough to have one. Then I moved up here and followed HMFC home and away for years including Euro trips. I only go to home games now but I would hate for them to play each other in a competitive game

Agreed.

I'd hate to want West Ham to lose a game but although they are my second team they will never remotely come close to Hearts in my eyes.

Archived