Statto

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peter_hmfc

Poland
17:00 - Legia Warsaw v Pogon Szczecin
17:00 - Piast Gliwice v Zaglebie Lubin
We need Legia Warsaw to win the league, they need to equal or better Piast Gliwice's result to confirm a seeding place.  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:

Should be one seeding place confirmed imminently, Legia are 1-0 up and Piast are 1-0 down.

Gorgie_Rules

Poland done, 1 to go?

Take it there is no chance of being seeded 3rd round barring a large number of upsets?

Poland done, 1 to go?

Take it there is no chance of being seeded 3rd round barring a large number of upsets?

Had a look last week, it's already gone. Definitely unseeded for the 3rd qualifying round.

Poland done, 1 to go?

Think it's 2 to go still, may be wrong though

West Jambo

EDIT: Everyone beat me to it!

Radnicki one up in Serbia too but that would still be a really outside chance even if it stays that way

West Jambo

Still 2 to go as still need Admira to lose cup final to confirm in Austria

oh ah grantona

Had a look last week, it's already gone. Definitely unseeded for the 3rd qualifying round.

Unless we are unseeded in round 2 and draw the highest seed in Round 2???

Getintaethem

Strange set up when we'll be seeded in round two but Aberdeen won't, but if both teams get through Aberdeen would have a better chance of being seeded in round three than us.

Yes, we'd be seeded in the 3rd round if this happens.

oh ah grantona

Strange set up when we'll be seeded in round two but Aberdeen won't, but if both teams get through Aberdeen would have a better chance of being seeded in round three than us.

Yep it's what happened to them last year I think, beat a slightly bigger team and grabbed a higher seeding berth. It would mean meetin a Maribor or Partizan in round 2 tho

Could easily work other way I guess and we get through and draw a team that should have been unseeded. I hate all this seed rubbish just put 200 balls in a hat and u play who u draw simple, if Barca get Bayern in round 1 then tough

CollyWolly

Bert Kassies now has us seeded in QR2 so I would say that's it confirmed. :-)

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2016.html

At the moment we are in the seeded column, but there are still loads of unknowns that can kick us over to unseeded. Its going to be close but I think we'll make it by one, maybe 2 places.

A view VERY interesting trips in round 2 potentially.

Jerusalem, Kracow, Tallin.

King prawn

I've got a sneaky feeling we'll play someone from Georgia or further afield. :(

At the moment we are in the seeded column, but there are still loads of unknowns that can kick us over to unseeded. Its going to be close but I think we'll make it by one, maybe 2 places.

A view VERY interesting trips in round 2 potentially.

Jerusalem, Kracow, Tallin.

There are not enough unknowns anymore for us to be unseeded. That's why we are now in the seeded colomn.

Therefore we are seeded for Q1 and Q2! Let's hope that throws up some good games, but also some winnable games to get us off to a good start.

It is also possible that we could be seeded for Q3, but I fear that too many results would have to go our way, so best bets for Q3 and Q4 is unseeded, but hopefully also getting a winnable draw. We can only hope! ;)

20th June

So that only gives us a week (if drawn away first leg) to organise. Bloody hell.

CollyWolly

There are not enough unknowns anymore for us to be unseeded. That's why we are now in the seeded colomn.

Therefore we are seeded for Q1 and Q2! Let's hope that throws up some good games, but also some winnable games to get us off to a good start.

It is also possible that we could be seeded for Q3, but I fear that too many results would have to go our way, so best bets for Q3 and Q4 is unseeded, but hopefully also getting a winnable draw. We can only hope! ;)

From my reading of BK's site, we are 10th bottom of the seeded list with 10 issues that could go against us if teams with a higher CO-Efficient take the place. Obviously all 10 would have to go against us which may seem unlikely but its not certain yet.

Seeding for Q3 will definitely not happen unless there is an extraordinary set of results in Q2

CollyWolly

So that only gives us a week (if drawn away first leg) to organise. Bloody hell.

10 days Yes. Our happy little band are giving Q1 a miss because of that, however we will probably go to Q2 and definitely to Q3 if we get that far. There is only so much time that hotel folk can get off at this time of year so we had to bin round 1

Bert Kassies now has us seeded in QR2 so I would say that's it confirmed. :-)

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2016.html

Denmark have 3 teams entering between QR1 and QR2. At least 2 of the 3 will be ranked above Hearts as 4/5 of the top-5 are ranked above us, 2nd, 3rd and 4th enter the Europa League. He has all 3 unknown.

Romania, he's got the QR2 entry unseeded, if Cluj win the Cup, Dinamo Bucharest enter QR2 and will be ranked above us.

Cyprus, he has all 3 seeded, if Sevilla win the EL, 1 of them are moved to QR3.

I got Czech Republic wrong, all teams are ranked above us so we've lost that one.

So, only 32 teams can be ranked above us, 24 will definitely be above us, we're allowed 8 more, 10 could possibly go our way. We need 2/10 to be seeded (down from 2/11 with the Czech Republic).

***UPDATE***

We need 2 out of the following 10 to be seeded for next season's Europa League 2nd qualifying round;

15/16 Europa League

Sevilla to win the EL Final. Cup Final date: 18th May.

Albania

Skenderbeu Korce to win the league. 2 clear with 1 to play. They have the worse H2H record so must finish with more points.

Austria

Red Bull Salzburg to win the Cup Final. Cup Final date: 19th May.

Azerbaijan

Qarabag to win the Cup Final. Cup Final date: 25th May.

Denmark

SonderjyskE (2nd) to finish 2nd/3rd/4th. 7 behind 1st and 7 ahead of 5th with 3 games to go, although 1st, 4th and 5th have 1 game in hand.

Greece

Panionios to finish 4th or if they finish 3rd, AEK to finish 4th and win the Cup. Cup Final date: 17th May.

Israel

Maccabi Tel Aviv to win the league, 2 points behind with 1 to go. They have the better goal difference.

Moldova

Sheriff to win the league. Level with 1 to play. Play off required if top-2 finish level on points.

Romania

Dinamo Bucharest to win the Cup. Cup Final date: 17th May.

Serbia

Vojvodina to finish outside the top-4. Currently 3rd, 1 point ahead of 5th. Teams that are level on points at the end of the season are ranked based on their pre-split points. Vojvodina are ranked below Cukaricki (4th) but above Radnicki Nis (5th). Radnicki Nis must finish with more points than Vojvodina. Cukaricki must finish above or level with Vojvodina.

peter_hmfc

Skenderbeau Korce desperate to Hibs the league it seems :vrface: .

Cool name though.

Getintaethem

We are confirmed as being seeded in the first qualifying round. There will be 49 unseeded teams in this round who we could possibly face, so far 30 are confirmed.

Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro)

Kapaz Ganja (Azerbaijan)

Birkirkara (Malta)

Shkendija Tetovo (Macedonia)

Vikingur (Faroes)

MTK Budapest (Hungary)

Hibernians FC (Malta)

Spartak Myjava (Slovakia)

Suduva Marijampole (Lithuania)

ROPS Rovaneimi (Finland)

FK Jelgava (Latvia)

Valur Reykjavik (Iceland)

IFK Mariehamn (Finland)

FC Lusitanos (Andorra)

Atlantis Klaipeda (Lithuania)

Samtredia (Georgia)

Banants Yerevan (Armenia)

Spartaks Jurmala (Latvia)

NSI Runavik (Faroes)

Sloboda Tuzla (Bosnia)

FK Trakai (Lithuania)

Glenavon (N Ireland)

Cork City (Rep Ireland)

Sileks Kratovo (Macedonia)

Bala Town (Wales)

UE Santa-Coloma (San Marino)

Balzan FC (Malta)

Llandudno FC (Wales)

Connah's Quay (Wales)

Europa FC (Gibraltar)

19 other teams to be confirmed.

List updated.

Yes, you little stoners out there, do not adjust your bongs. We really could be playing a team called Ganja!

List updated.

Yes, you little stoners out there, do not adjust your bongs. We really could be playing a team called Ganja!

For a decent trip away surely we are hoping for one of the Welsh teams or that outfit from Gibraltar (can fly into the south of spain and make a decent few days of it)..

I would say possibly one of the Irish teams but with our pre-season just starting I don't want any really tricky ties..

Today's games - Monday 16th May

Denmark

15:00 - Copenhagen v Nordsjaelland

We need SonderjyskE to finish 2nd-4th. If Copenhagen win, SonderjyskE can't finish any higher than 2nd.

17:00 - Esbjerg v Brondby

If Esbjerg win, SonderjyskE will be 1 win away from confirming. There's 3 games left after today.

August Landmesser

***UPDATE***

We need 2 out of the following 10 to be seeded for next season's Europa League 2nd qualifying round;

15/16 Europa League
Sevilla to win the EL Final. Cup Final date: 18th May.

Albania
Skenderbeu Korce to win the league. 2 clear with 1 to play. They have the worse H2H record so must finish with more points.

Austria
Red Bull Salzburg to win the Cup Final. Cup Final date: 19th May.

Azerbaijan
Qarabag to win the Cup Final. Cup Final date: 25th May.

Denmark
SonderjyskE (2nd) to finish 2nd/3rd/4th. 7 behind 1st and 7 ahead of 5th with 3 games to go, although 1st, 4th and 5th have 1 game in hand.

Greece
Panionios to finish 4th or if they finish 3rd, AEK to finish 4th and win the Cup. Cup Final date: 17th May.

Israel
Maccabi Tel Aviv to win the league, 2 points behind with 1 to go. They have the better goal difference.

Moldova
Sheriff to win the league. Level with 1 to play. Play off required if top-2 finish level on points.

Romania
Dinamo Bucharest to win the Cup. Cup Final date: 17th May.

Serbia
Vojvodina to finish outside the top-4. Currently 3rd, 1 point ahead of 5th. Teams that are level on points at the end of the season are ranked based on their pre-split points. Vojvodina are ranked below Cukaricki (4th) but above Radnicki Nis (5th). Radnicki Nis must finish with more points than Vojvodina. Cukaricki must finish above or level with Vojvodina.

Am I right in assuming that the soonest it can be confirmed is the 19th May if Sevilla & Red bull Wotsit win their cups?

Hibernians was a possible the time we drew Mallorca. It's time to finally meet Europe's premier club of that name.

Am I right in assuming that the soonest it can be confirmed is the 19th May if Sevilla & Red bull Wotsit win their cups?

It could be confirmed on the 18th, if Sevilla win the EL and Dinamo Bucharest win their Cup tomorrow.

August Landmesser

It could be confirmed on the 18th, if Sevilla win the EL and Dinamo Bucharest win their Cup tomorrow.

Cheers Statto, I'd missed the Romanian cup final date, excellent work on this thread btw.

C'mon Dinamo! C'mon Sevilla!

West Jambo

Today's games - Monday 16th May

Denmark

15:00 - Copenhagen v Nordsjaelland

We need SonderjyskE to finish 2nd-4th. If Copenhagen win, SonderjyskE can't finish any higher than 2nd.

17:00 - Esbjerg v Brondby

If Esbjerg win, SonderjyskE will be 1 win away from confirming. There's 3 games left after today.

Copenhagen one up

Really want somewhere sunny.

According to the Bert Kassies site the seeded and non seeded sides are split into regions , North , Central & South

Looks like its gonna be cauld  :(

West Jambo

Brondby back to 2-2 now. They brought Johan Elmander and Timo Pukki (ex Celtic) off the bench and Pukki has two already

West Jambo

According to the Bert Kassies site the seeded and non seeded sides are split into regions , North , Central & South

Looks like its gonna be cauld :(

Yeah saw that too but then St Johnstone got put out in the first qualifying round last year by a wee Armenian side and Aberdeen played a Macedonian team.

CollyWolly

Europa FC in Gibraltar would be good!

tiny wee stadium which might not even be compliant. if it is we'll get about 200 tickets. They might have to move it into mainland Spain ??

Archived