******The Official EUROPEAN ( merged ) Thread******

Statto

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peter_hmfc

Another interesting fact

Recent DNA analyses have revealed that Y chromosomes, tracing male descent, are 87% Scandinavian.[39] The studies show that mitochondrial DNA, tracing female descent, is 84% Scottish.[40]

Vikings stealing our women  :)

To be fair, there is only about... two(?) good looking women in this place, their loss I say ;) .

Direct flights from Edinburgh as well.....very tempted if that's the draw.

The thing is (going by when I went) the flights are only on Mondays and Fridays, so a Friday flight would be no good, but a Monday flight might be too early. Apparently there are ferry's, but since I didn't have a car I didn't think I'd be allowed on one!

All well and fine but how much is a pint ?

:beatnik2:

:lol: I've actually no idea!

peter_hmfc

I think we should just hire a plane and do a banner.  

Can't afford a plane so I'll just hang a handwritten message on a dishtowel out of the number 34 bus.

peter_hmfc

We better ******* make it through the 2nd qualifier now after all this :lol: .

That must be time now!!!!! This ref is a joke......

Never trusted Albanian officials

That must be time now!!!!! This ref is a joke......

Never tested Albanian officials

five minutes....

To be fair, there is only about... two(?) good looking women in this place, their loss I say ;) .

The thing is (going by when I went) the flights are only on Mondays and Fridays, so a Friday flight would be no good, but a Monday flight might be too early. Apparently there are ferry's, but since I didn't have a car I didn't think I'd be allowed on one!

:lol: I've actually no idea!

I thought fly out Monday back Friday was ok. Also not as expensive as I thought it would be.....still not clear on the price of a pint but I was in Iceland the other year and it wasn't as expensive as often assume.

peter_hmfc

I thought fly out Monday back Friday was ok. Also not as expensive as I thought it would be.....still not clear on the price of a pint but I was in Iceland the other year and it wasn't as expensive as often assume.

Yeah the price is actually pretty good, I was thinking for some it might mean a full week off work. As I said, I don't drink a lot so I'm not really sure on the price of a pint.

Also wifi isn't great there, but the SMS has a good free connection, I followed the Hearts Dundee game at the start of the season there. There's also an ATM you can take Faroese money out from in the airport, using an RBS card, which is very convenient.

FT, Skenderbeau Korce win the Albanian Super League, right as Partizan lose a late goal.

Hope we bring out a commemorative tshirt for this very occasion.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Still 2 0 and 1 1 goimg into last minute would take a hibsed it of hibs proportions to blow this one........

:pleasing:

Just hope we win after all this! :lol:

Great work by Statto and everyone else who worked things out too!

West Jambo

I'll miss this now it's done...

Guess we wait for June 20th and the 1st and 2nd round draws now.

August Landmesser

:yas:

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

Excellent work Statto, would be good to keep the thread going to update all the qualifying teams etc.

Also because it's a really nice thread with no-one losing their mess about anything!

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Sorry for my confusion, but this confirms that we will be seeded not just in the first round but also in the second round, provided we advance?

Sorry for my confusion, but this confirms that we will be seeded not just in the first round but also in the second round, provided we advance?

Yes, 1st and 2nd rounds.

That is correct.

peter_hmfc

An exciting look ahead at some of the run down shitholes fascinating and unique arenas we could be playing at!

Maesdu Park, Llandudno FC (Wales).

llandudno1.jpg

Deeside Stadium, Connah's Quah FC (Wales).

deeside-college-stadium.jpg

Sileks Stadion, Sileks Kratovo FC (FYR Macedonia).

120.jpg

Erosi Manjgaladze Stadium, Samtredia FC (Georgia).

1196.jpg

An exciting look ahead at some of the run down shitholes fascinating and unique arenas we could be playing at!

Maesdu Park, Llandudno FC (Wales).

llandudno1.jpg

Deeside Stadium, Connah's Quah FC (Wales).

deeside-college-stadium.jpg

Sileks Stadion, Sileks Kratovo FC (FYR Macedonia).

120.jpg

Erosi Manjgaladze Stadium, Samtredia FC (Georgia).

1196.jpg

Jeez !

We should arrange a friendly at Cowdenbeath to get " acclimatised " !

peter_hmfc

Jeez !

We should arrange a friendly at Cowdenbeath to get " acclimatised " !

Genuinely laughed out loud at that :rofl: .

Watt-Zeefuik

Yes, 1st and 2nd rounds.

That is correct.

Thanks to you both for the clarification.

Really want to see us have a decent run this season.

stuarty1874

Great update, cheers for this.

Had to peek at what could happen in 3rd Rd (please - we're due a run..)

Schalke 04
Zenit St. Petersburg Rus
Manchester United Eng
Athletic Bilbao Esp
Internazionale Ita

Holy moly!

Watt-Zeefuik

Hoping for Cork City first round.  I'll be in Ireland at the time and would love to try to make it.

Some of the best trips would be Luxembourg. Lovely tax free little country and well placed for an easy road trip. Bring back all the cheap fags and booze you can sell (i mean consume for personal use) and trip is paid for

Great update, cheers for this.

Had to peek at what could happen in 3rd Rd (please - we're due a run..)

Schalke 04

Zenit St. Petersburg Rus

Manchester United Eng

Athletic Bilbao Esp

Internazionale Ita

Holy moly!

We would only get them if we got into the group stage.

Will we definitely be away from hone in the first leg of the 1st round?

Third round teams look tricky but there arena couple of teams seeded (assuming we get to the 3rd round) that we should not fear. HJK Helsinki for instance.

Will we definitely be away from hone in the first leg of the 1st round?

I had a look at how they done the draw and this season and if next season's draw is the same, it will be random.

They assign a number of teams either the numbers 1-10 (or 1-12). 1-5 are the seeded teams, 6-10 are unseeded. They picked a seeded number, an unseeded number and drop them both into a third bowl, they then pick one out, the first out the third bowl should be at home in the first leg.

I had a look at how they done the draw and this season and if next season's draw is the same, it will be random.

They assign a number of teams either the numbers 1-10 (or 1-12). 1-5 are the seeded teams, 6-10 are unseeded. They picked a seeded number, an unseeded number and drop them both into a third bowl, they then pick one out, the first out the third bowl should be at home in the first leg.

Cheers, top work. 

Would like away second leg as on holiday first leg.

Statto am I right in thinking the first and second round draws are at the same time? So we'll know when we're away in the second round assuming we get through the first?

CollyWolly

Statto am I right in thinking the first and second round draws are at the same time? So we'll know when we're away in the second round assuming we get through the first?

Yes but be careful about potential fixture clashes in the same city, as happened in Prague and we got switched

This season, before the 2nd round draw was made, they said any potential fixture changes would be communicated with the clubs the day following the draw. If we're drawn against an unknown from round 1, we might need to wait until that game has been played to find out when we'll be home and away. Although I suppose we'd need to wait until then to see if we get through anyway. If there is no fixture issues, we'll know by June 21st whether we will be at home or away in the 1st and 2nd legs of the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Midloth_Iain

3rd round qualifiers to date :

Celta Vigo - likely

Lille

Krasnodar

Pandurii Targa Jiu

Hertha Berlin

Spartak Moscow

Basaksehir Istanbul

Fiorentina - likely

Vorskia Portova

AEK Athens - possible

Rijeka

Arouca

Oleksandriya

Rio Ave

AZ Alkmaar

Mlada Boleslav

Nice - likely

Slovan Liberec

La_Leyenda

Be careful what you wish for. If you are seeded in QR2 you could end up with Kairat Almaty, who will be unseeded and who knocked Aberdeen out in QR3 this season.

They'll be the toughest team in that round, better than the top seeds. Their midfield consists of Andrey Arshavin and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, plus a smattering of handy Brazilians and Gohou up front. And the fact it's 3500 miles away.

You'll also have next to no chance of being seeded in QR3, while Aberdeen were this season after being paired with Rijeka then taking their seeding (though then met the unseeded and aforementioned Kairat), although depends on what you want - a realistic chance of making the group stages or a cracking away day in Europe against Hertha Berlin or AC Milan.

From the teams that have qualified and will be unseeded for the 1st qualifying round, here is the distances from Edinburgh to the nearest city;

(distance in miles)

Omagh, Northern Ireland - 187

Cardiff, Wales - 309

Cork, Republic of Ireland - 353

Torshavn, Faroe Islands - 439

Luxembourg, Luxembourg - 586

Andorra La Vella, Andorra - 953

Bratislava, Slovakia - 1,014

Riga, Latvia - 1,041

Tallinn, Estonia - 1,055

Helsinki, Finland - 1,063

San Marino, San Marino - 1,079

Budapest, Hungary - 1,112

Vilnius, Lithuania - 1,119

Sarajevo, Bosnia - 1,266

Podgorica, Montenegro - 1,369

Gibraltar, Gibraltar - 1,372

Skopje, Macedonia - 1,464

Valletta, Malta - 1,616

Tbilisi, Georgia - 2,342

Yerevan, Armenia - 2,401

Baku, Azerbaijan - 2,598

Anything over 2,000 miles would be pretty brutal to get to.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html?n=304

Archived