Latest SNP embarassment

kingantti1874

Thunderstruck

I don't think so, its growing day by day, with the realisation of forever Tory rule.

56 from 59 MPs and a whitewash this May, add to this Brexit when we vote in, then BJ as PM.

Aye, minority.

A good percentage of no voters would vote yes, when all argument's are won.

Not all no voters are concrete Brits.

33% of the electorate at last reckoning and that was before the "Black Hole" became so glaringly obvious.

I have yet to meet or hear from a "Yes supporter" who can explain how we would be moving forward from the Indy Day without Oil Revenues, without a currency, without any long term plan for anything of any substance.

The silent majority were right, the silent majority remains right. Even Wee Nicky had to concede that yesterday - she knows we dodged a bullet and she knows it will be many years before the economic planets will align again. Her problem is keeping the more frothy Nats onside in the meantime - how long before they jump the SNP ship or internal dissent splits the party?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first paragraph is so ludicrous and untrue that I'm not prepared to read the rest.

Spot on about the unionists losing the plot.

Theyre all the same who fly that UF.

They got 55% when it mattered most when Scotland was asked the most direct and unambiguous question of all.

Aye, all together maybe but you obviously missed my (& your) point.

Thunderstruck

Are you still trying to be English?.

Last time I checked I was a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It doesn't look like that is changing any time soon.

33% of the electorate at last reckoning and that was before the "Black Hole" became so glaringly obvious.

I have yet to meet or hear from a "Yes supporter" who can explain how we would be moving forward from the Indy Day without Oil Revenues, without a currency, without any long term plan for anything if any substance.

The silent majority were right, the silent majority remains right. Even Wee Nicky had to concede that yesterday - she knows we dodged a bullet and she knows it will be many years before the economic planets will align again. Her problem is keeping the more frothy Nats onside in the meantime - how long before they jump the SNP ship or internal dissent splits the party?

You still talking pish with this 33%.

If you don't vote that's your problem. So 49.9%.

Silent majority. Aye right. Flutes and drums make some noise.

Gideons just fell down his own blackhole. ?20b oh dear, no ?20b surplus then.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts.

Last time I checked I was a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It doesn't look like that is changing any time soon.

Enjoy it.

It's not gonnae last much longer.

Thunderstruck

You still talking pish with this 33%.

If you don't vote that's your problem. So 49.9%.

Silent majority. Aye right. Flutes and drums make some noise.

Gideons just fell down his own blackhole. ?20b oh dear, no ?20b surplus then.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts.

33% of the Electorate, Bud. It's the only consistent measure.

Please don't bring sectarianism into this debate. It demeans you.

Cuts - I'll worry when UK follows the self-imposed, grievance-building cuts of the Scottish (SNP) Government.

That's not very new Scotland or democratic.

Should the SNP have packed up shop in 1979? Or 1992? Or 1997? Or 1999? Never looked like winning a majority then.

No of course not but you obviously didnt read the post I was replying to.

kingantti1874

Why?

I think you'll find hell freezing over, before labour folk ever vote tory.

They might not vote SNP but they'll never vote for that filth.

The majority of people are filth are they. Pathetic

53% of Scots born residents voted yes.

73% of ruk born residents voted no. 420.000 ruk residents at the time.

No won by 187,000 votes.

Well, the majority of Scots voted Yes.

The majority of people are filth are they. Pathetic

Tory aren't the Majority in Scotland.

kingantti1874

33% of the Electorate, Bud. It's the only consistent measure.

Please don't bring sectarianism into this debate. It demeans you.

Cuts - I'll worry when UK follows the self-imposed, grievance-building cuts of the Scottish (SNP) Government.

He's unable to seperate the issue of sectarianism.. Tells you all you need to know about the level of intellect your dealing with

kingantti1874

Tory aren't the Majority in Scotland.

But no voters are and your not respectful of those views either.. Make your mind up

But no voters are and your not respectful of those views either.. Make your mind up

Respect no voters, why?.

As I've said The majority of Scots voted Yes.

He's unable to seperate the issue of sectarianism.. Tells you all you need to know about the level of intellect your dealing with

No, its shows the blinkered world you live in.

The majority of no voters in the West, were represented at George sq.

They voted with only on issue in mind.

Sunday Herald - today (SNP supporting newspaper)

NICOLA Sturgeon is already thinking of ?the best time to have another referendum?, her predecessor Alex Salmond has claimed, despite the First Minister insisting the public will decide the date.

Contradicting the official SNP position that the timing lies in the hands of the people, Salmond said Sturgeon would personally time it ?very carefully? to help secure a Yes vote.

The opposition parties last night claimed the former First Minister had ?let the cat out of the bag? about plans to ignore the No vote 18 months ago.

What a load of rubbish and such a bigoted remark.

I live in the West (Glasgow), have done all of my life and the vast majority of my friends and colleagues voted no. None of them were in George square the next day, none of them have season tickets at Ibrox, none of them are in a lodge etc or whatever goes through your mind about No voters.

What we all did have in common was the fact that we were in agreement that the Yes campaign had no clear fiscal policy, too many unanswered questions and would have led to uncertainty.

The fact is AS missed a trick, for someone who's sole existence was independence they couldn't really answer questions on how the country would progress if it was a Yes vote.

You are a perfect example of the loud minority.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's not a coincidence that ned central (Glasgow and Dundee) were two of the few areas that voted yes.

HaymarketJambo

I live in the West (Glasgow), have done all of my life and the vast majority of my friends and colleagues voted no. None of them were in George square the next day, none of them have season tickets at Ibrox, none of them are in a lodge etc or whatever goes through your mind about No voters.

What we all did have in common was the fact that we were in agreement that the Yes campaign had no clear fiscal policy, too many unanswered questions and would have led to uncertainty.

The fact is AS missed a trick, for someone who's sole existence was independence they couldn't really answer questions on how the country would progress if it was a Yes vote.

How is the likes of aussieh the loud minority when SNP won 56 seats last's year's Westminster election and are on course to win this year's Holyrood election by another landslide? 

Also when vote SNP you are voting for a party that wants Scottish independence. 

:thumbsup:

MacDonald Jardine

high rates in income tax, with the jobsarrow-10x10.png boom. Simple.

Who blames England, if the roles were reversed and we owned England id do the same. Id also give them a piss take devolution make them think its something that its not.

:rofl:

Stop thinking unionist have some sort of intellect, they're brain power was there for all to see at George sq and its there every July.

Give me strength. So the majority of those voting in the referendum were brain dead Orange bigots and all the Yes voters were scrupulous and fair minded in their dissection of the issues?

MacDonald Jardine

Respect no voters, why?.

As I've said The majority of Scots voted Yes.

I;m not going right through the thread but unless you're adopting a distinctly racial view of what a "Scot" is they patently didn't.

How is the likes of aussieh the loud minority when SNP won 56 seats last's year's Westminster election and are on course to win this year's Holyrood election by another landslide? 

Also when vote SNP you are voting for a party that wants Scottish independence. 

Because we are referring to the referendum where 55.3% of the votes case were No. Therefore as a Yes voter the poster is in the minority.

if you want to look at the General election and use that as a benchmark for a referendum result using a first past the post voting system isn't correct. So assuming those voting SNP would want independance (as you say) then they got 50% of the popular vote, so still not a majority.

HaymarketJambo

Because we are referring to the referendum where 55.3% of the votes case were No. Therefore as a Yes voter the poster is in the minority.

if you want to look at the General election and use that as a benchmark for a referendum result using a first past the post voting system isn't correct. So assuming those voting SNP would want independance (as you say) then they got 50% of the popular vote, so still not a majority.

Point taken.

But if you don't want independence don't vote SNP, but people vote for the SNP in big numbers.   

I;m not going right through the thread but unless you're adopting a distinctly racial view of what a "Scot" is they patently didn't.

You all like numbers.

55.3% voted no.

44.7% voted yes.

73% of rUK born residents voted no.

So we're out voted by Brits.

No?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

QT.

Has Dundee moved to England?.

Was certainly a surprise to hear people from Dundee who could speak English

Jambo-Jimbo

Point taken.

But if you don't want independence don't vote SNP, but people vote for the SNP in big numbers.   

That may still happen, however I think a lot of people who may have voted for the SNP will be wary of doing so, now that Sturgeon has said she will start to build a case for a second referendum.

Now we all know that another referendum may be many years away but with Sturgeon coming out with that it may scare some folks into thinking there will be another one in a couple of years or so, and personally I don't think there is much appetite for another referendum so soon after the last one. 

I think she's made a mistake here in announcing this just now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Give me strength. So the majority of those voting in the referendum were brain dead Orange bigots and all the Yes voters were scrupulous and fair minded in their dissection of the issues?

As I said previously, two of the few places that voted yes have the highest proportion of neds - Dundee and Glasgow.

The fact is AS missed a trick, for someone who's sole existence independence they couldn't really answer questions on how the country would progress if it was a Yes vote.

Aye, where?

In the minority.

Thunderstruck

You all like numbers.

55.3% voted no.

44.7% voted yes.

73% of rUK born residents voted no.

So we're out voted by Brits.

No?

Probably from the same "trustworthy source" that told us the majority of every group (apart from the over-50s) voted "Yes". That's the sort of arithmetic (deeply flawed) that appeals to those who think they were cheated.

Probably from the same "trustworthy source" that told us the majority of every group (apart from the over-50s) voted "Yes". That's the sort of arithmetic (deeply flawed) that appeals to those who think they were cheated.

No the paper of your 'Vow'.

The only 2 figures that can be accounted for are the first 2.

The only 2 figures that can be accounted for are the first 2.

Did you think they don't know who voted and for what?

Did you think they don't know who voted and for what?

So they individually checked each of the ballot papers then

So they individually checked each of the ballot papers then

Exactly, the clearly didn't. He is just quoting a study done by someone in Edinburgh Uni who did sample surveys post the referendum and has used those results to make broad assumptions

Regardless if its correct or not, the people of Scotland voted and the result was clear, this wasn't a vote based on place of birth -  which was the wishes of the SNP

Exactly, the clearly didn't. He is just quoting a study done by someone in Edinburgh Uni who did sample surveys post the referendum and has used those results to make broad assumptions

Regardless if its correct or not, the people of Scotland voted and the result was clear, this wasn't a vote based on place of birth -  which was the wishes of the SNP

next one will be.

Our EU friends and refugees will help rebuild the ruins of Scotland it has become through WM rule.

next one will be.

Why, because doing it the other way didn't work, so move the goal posts and not allow people the right to vote where they live?

How about only letting people who voted Yes in the last one, vote in the next one? 

Why, because doing it the other way didn't work, so move the goal posts and not allow people the right to vote where they live?

How about only letting people who voted Yes in the last one, vote in the next one?

Sound.

But if you don't mind, I'm gonnae watch MY country play.

MacDonald Jardine

As I said previously, two of the few places that voted yes have the highest proportion of neds - Dundee and Glasgow.

You did yes. The person I quoted seems to have a different view

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Sound.

But if you don't mind, I'm gonnae watch MY country play.

OUR country pal.

Not just yours.

OUR country pal.

Not just yours.

Mine, yours won yesterday.

Pal.

You are British, deal with it.

:pleasing:

Great British, not British that's England and annexed Wales.

Nookie Bear

next one will be.

To be fair aussieh, it hardly shows Scotland in a positive light if we only let those who are born here have a vote. Hardly inclusive and welcoming!

Plus the non-Scots I know we're largely pro Indy.

To be fair aussieh, it hardly shows Scotland in a positive light if we only let those who are born here have a vote. Hardly inclusive and welcoming!

Plus the non-Scots I know we're largely pro Indy.

A joke of a decision. Voting against Scotland for another to call the shots, these non Scots would probably rather die than vote no.

Archived