Latest SNP embarassment

kingantti1874

How?

Every other feel like a big town, that's all, nothing else.

Nothing bad about it.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every other feel like a big town, that's all, nothing else.

Nothing bad about it.

I almost agree but Edinburgh feels like a proper city as well as Glasgow. The rest are towns.

I almost agree but Edinburgh feels like a proper city as well as Glasgow. The rest are towns.

A beautiful city and great capital, well it would've been tomorrow.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What's wrong with the EU, sovereign states helping one another, its hardly the UK with one country ruling the other members of the Kingdom.

Greece was very appreciative of the "help" it received. :rolleyes:

Greece was very appreciative of the "help" it received. :rolleyes:

We're not Greece, they sold their soul to Germ...

Hang on, we're Greece.

We can but hope.

Hope, aye.

You'd rather lose your own folk than foreigners who don't give a feck about here.

Hope, aye.

You'd rather lose your own folk than foreigners who don't give a feck about here.

I'm sorry you're so bitter. PM if you want to chat.

I'm sorry you're so bitter. PM if you want to chat.

He's a absolute mess over this independence malarkey :lol:

Glasgow's a concrete jungle

and the locals all are rather short in height .

Want to bet.

He's a absolute mess over this independence malarkey :lol:

English everywhere, I see.

Want to bet.

Just my experience that Glasweigans are small (bad diet)

I believe those abiding in  Coatbridge/Airdrie are smaller .

Psychedelicropcircle

I see Support for Indy is at its highest %. Tripper John & the JKB bitter together team will no doubt be along in a minute to tell us they signed this to confuse matters?

AlphonseCapone

I see Support for Indy is at its highest %. Tripper John & the JKB bitter together team will no doubt be along in a minute to tell us they signed this to confuse matters?

Source?

JamboGraham

970D7EDD-744B-4088-A375-526AA8DF8ADF_zps

That survey doesn't make sense. It puts the 15 year high at 39%. Surely the high was 2 years ago when it polled 45% in the referendum?

Trapper John McIntyre

Strange. Support for Indy is now down to 39% where it was at 42% a short while ago.

For a dream that will never die it seems to be slowly dissipating.

39%!

Considering the SNP are not looking to call another referendum until they regularly poll in the high 60% .

It will be a while, if ever another referendum comes to fruition.

Thunderstruck

Strange. Support for Indy is now down to 39% where it was at 42% a short while ago.

For a dream that will never die it seems to be slowly dissipating.

It's now verging on hilarious. It's not even back to the peak that the same survey noted in 2012.

This on the same day that Salmond effectively admitted that his ideas on Currency were not even worthy of the back of a fag packet.

This on the same day that Sturgeon stands up in our Parliament and tells us that "Project Fear" was 100% accurate in terms of Fiscal Flight.

Charlatans.

Trapper John McIntyre

It's now verging on hilarious. It's not even back to the peak that the same survey noted in 2012.

This on the same day that Salmond effectively admitted that his ideas on Currency were not even worthy of the back of a fag packet.

This on the same day that Sturgeon stands up in our Parliament and tells us that "Project Fear" was 100% accurate in terms of Fiscal Flight.

Charlatans.

Jambo-Jimbo

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/24/ifs-scotland-debts-three-times-greater-uk

:jjyay:

Obviously the SNP could raise tax but that sadly falls outside the remit of easy, populist decisions.

It wouldn't make any difference which party was in charge they would get slaughtered by the opposition, be that Labour, SNP or Lib Dems in charge the rest would just round on them for raising taxes.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

AlphonseCapone

Sorry to interrupt the wee circle you guys have on the go but maybe pay more attention eh, the trend is only going one way....

* In 2007, the year the SNP came to power at Holyrood, 24% favoured an independent Scotland, while 62% supported remaining in the UK with a devolved parliament.

By 2014 half (50%) favoured this option, while a third (33%) wanted Scotland to leave the UK 

with the figures from the 2015 survey showing a six-point rise in support for independence over a year.

The findings were released on the final day of Holyrood before the next Scottish Parliament elections, and also revealed that just over half (51%) believe that "the Scottish Parliament should make all the decisions for Scotland".

More than two fifths (43%) of those surveyed said independence would be beneficial for Scotland's economy - the highest total ScotCen has found since it first asked the question in 2009 

Also, the most recent poll was on the 9th March 2016, with Yes on 46% and No on 54%...

The British Union will die before I will...

:smugger:

Have a happy Birthday, my fellow Scots who all love their Country.

Enjoy the UK while you can, Brits.

Going, going, .....

Thunderstruck

Sorry to interrupt the wee ###### circle you guys have on the go but maybe pay more attention eh, the trend is only going one way....

* In 2007, the year the SNP came to power at Holyrood, 24% favoured an independent Scotland, while 62% supported remaining in the UK with a devolved parliament.

By 2014 half (50%) favoured this option, while a third (33%) wanted Scotland to leave the UK

* with the figures from the 2015 survey showing a six-point rise in support for independence over a year.

* The findings were released on the final day of Holyrood before the next Scottish Parliament elections, and also revealed that just over half (51%) believe that "the Scottish Parliament should make all the decisions for Scotland".

* More than two fifths (43%) of those surveyed said independence would be beneficial for Scotland's economy - the highest total ScotCen has found since it first asked the question in 2009

Also, the most recent poll was on the 9th March 2016, with Yes on 46% and No on 54%...

The British Union will die before I will...

:smugger:

If you believe what you have managed to cut and paste, you should ignore emails from Nigerian Royalty and treat any suggestion that "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary with some suspicion.

The only thing of any import that is rising is Scotland's deficit -at around ?1bn each year- with no plans (coherent or otherwise) on how to address this from the SNP.

Today's Herald will provide you with some sobering reading.

jack D and coke

If you believe what you have managed to cut and paste, you should ignore emails from Nigerian Royalty and treat any suggestion that "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary with some suspicion.

The only thing of any import that is rising is Scotland's deficit -at around ?1bn each year- with no plans (coherent or otherwise) on how to address this from the SNP.

All under this great Union Scotland becomes more the financial basket case. That in itself is a reason to take a lot more control although this seems to be some cause for celebration amongst some up here which I find extremely bizarre.

Look hahahaha look we told you GIRUY look how shite we are!

Weird.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It wouldn't make any difference which party was in charge they would get slaughtered by the opposition, be that Labour, SNP or Lib Dems in charge the rest would just round on them for raising taxes.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The point of government is to do what needs to be done, not what keeps your ratings up. The SNP would never have the nerve to make a bold, unpopular decision.

AlphonseCapone

If I believe the results of a survey, are you saying they just made them up aye? Or are you saying the poll on the 9th March I got from the YouGov site was made up? I guess pretending they are made up is more comforting than dealing with the realisation the Union is creeping closer and closer to an end.

Look at how secure the Union has made us right enough; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/21/why-the-uks-current-account-deficit-has-economists-spooked/

In an independent Scotland, it wouldn't just be the SNP's problem to deal with the deficit, and Scotland would have the powers to actually do something about that. See this record Scottish deficit, that's on the Unions watch, before we've had any tax raising powers. It proves nothing.

The British deficit and debt is eye watering. The deficit has been decreased by targeting the lowest rungs on society's ladder. Targeting the disabled or those with lowest paying jobs. Decimating the public sector while giving tax cuts to the rich and selling off everything bar their granny to the private sector. 

What is it we are meant to be glad about with this Union? It being one of the most unequal first world countries on the planet? Having an unelected head of state? Having an unelected upper chamber? Having national parties that all promote the same neo-liberal agenda? I'd love to hear any good points.

AlphonseCapone

All under this great Union Scotland becomes more the financial basket case. That in itself is a reason to take a lot more control although this seems to be some cause for celebration amongst some up here which I find extremely bizarre.

Weird.

Scotland does well = Because we are in the Union.

Scotland does bad = Good job we are in the Union.

Jambo-Jimbo

The point of government is to do what needs to be done, not what keeps your ratings up. The SNP would never have the nerve to make a bold, unpopular decision.

Bold, unpopular decision, in whose eyes?   Yours?  Mine?  The guy down the street?

When has a government, any government did what was necessary without balancing that decision against ratings?  It will happen but not very often.

When Labour were in charge their policy decisions weren't what was needed to be done, no they were what would please the most people and gain or keep the votes.

Every party, the SNP, Labour, Tories etc etc etc do exactly the same thing, every decision a government makes will please some but infuriate others.

Thunderstruck

Weird.

Incorrect. If you will not listen to anyone else,at least listen to Sturgeon as she has clearly explained over the past few days that, because we are in the Union, we will receive additional income to offset the local deficit.

You can harp on on all you like about Independence and Fiscal Autonomy but the harsh facts are that an independent Scotland would, today, have been facing very difficult questions over cuts or tax hikes.

Indyref?(Well, according to unionists)

Look at them now. 50% Wm vote, 80% come may.

Psychedelicropcircle

Careful aus you'll upset the submissive into the ole but but but we won routine. The most interesting point is 51% want Holyrood to have federalism, as that grows it'll force WM into a corner.

:)

The slow, but inevitable un-unionisation of the UK, is more satisfying.

Oh, the pain, will be great, when the Great, leave Great Britain.

But don't despair Brits, there'll always be an England.

jack D and coke

Incorrect. If you will not listen to anyone else,at least listen to Sturgeon as she has clearly explained over the past few days that, because we are in the Union, we will receive additional income to offset the local deficit.

You can harp on on all you like about Independence and Fiscal Autonomy but the harsh facts are that an independent Scotland would, today, have been facing very difficult questions over cuts or tax hikes.

I think you've picked me up wrong I'm very much listening. Only a fool wouldn't admit we'd have some tough decisions to make but it's the glee with which it is greeted which I find truly mental. It's practically big GIRUY's to anybody who wants an independent Scotland. Regardless of what side your on Scotland having a large deficit isn't really calls for any gloating.

:)

The slow, but inevitable un-unionisation of the UK, is more satisfying.

Oh, the pain, will be great, when the Great, leave Great Britain.

But don't despair Brits, there'll always be an England.

hahaha, you do more for the unionist cause than any of the unionists, keep up with the substanceless babble and the union will continue for hundreds and hundreds more years

hahaha, you do more for the unionist cause than any of the unionists, keep up with the substanceless babble and the union will continue for hundreds and hundreds more years

No, your name is bang on the money. That's exactly when the union will die.

AlphonseCapone

Aye, aussieh will be make or break for the Union...

:cornette:

Aye, aussieh will be make or break for the Union...

:cornette:

I know.

:rofl:

that worked well......2 for the price of 1

AlphonseCapone

that worked well......2 for the price of 1

Wow, "banter" off the charts.

Archived