Latest SNP embarassment

kingantti1874

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free in '93...

What went wrong, sareheids?

flashbacks from Charlie Brown, I got there.

Blah blah blah.

Stuart Lyon

I see parents can opt out of the Named Person proposal! So what's the point of having it? Late change of policy by the SNP.

If you believe what you have managed to cut and paste, you should ignore emails from Nigerian Royalty and treat any suggestion that "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary with some suspicion.

The only thing of any import that is rising is Scotland's deficit -at around ?1bn each year- with no plans (coherent or otherwise) on how to address this from the SNP.

Today's Herald will provide you with some sobering reading.

Honestly, if you have so much trouble reading information then maybe you should go back to school. Your total inability to equate the results of this poll against the last poll of this type is hilarious. This poll shows that support for Independence has grown since the last poll of this type. FACT (in big letters so maybe you can read it better). What is wrong with the unionists; they are so bitter and twisted  since the 'won' the referendum, God knows what you would be like if you had lost it.    

I see parents can opt out of the Named Person proposal! So what's the point of having it? Late change of policy by the SNP.

I wonder if Swinney will deliver a budget, then a day or two later say, "Nah, we didn't really mean that".  I mean, what Government would do that?

HaymarketJambo

I agree.

I wish the SNP would just scrap it.

Thunderstruck

Honestly, if you have so much trouble reading information then maybe you should go back to school. Your total inability to equate the results of this poll against the last poll of this type is hilarious. This poll shows that support for Independence has grown since the last poll of this type. FACT (in big letters so maybe you can read it better). What is wrong with the unionists; they are so bitter and twisted since the 'won' the referendum, God knows what you would be like if you had lost it.

I was referring to the Social Attitudes survey mentioned earlier and not the pot-mess of different surveys you quoted.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

Horatio Caine

Apparently not.  Parents can't opt out and Sturgeon got this wrong in an interview earlier this week.

I agree.

I wish the SNP would just scrap it.

If they have now included an opt out, then that's to be welcomed.

I don't see Government changing their direction as always a sign of weakness.

There's something downright creepy about the Named Person scheme. And my opinion has zero to do with it being SNP legislation.

TheMaganator

I think the confusion has come from the language that Sturgeon has used. She's clearly been told that it is unenforceable in law - so there can be no punishment for refusal to engage with the state minders.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.  

Anyway - to all the Yes voters. You're welcome.

I hope that now you had had the time to reflect you realise how foolish you all were. 

Happy Unity Day. 

I think the confusion has come from the language that Sturgeon has used. She's clearly been told that it is unenforceable in law - so there can be no punishment for refusal to engage with the state minders.

I hope that now you had had the time to reflect you realise how foolish you all were.

Happy Unity Day.

Tick Tock.

Happy Unity Day.

Hows that budget coming, any cuts to the disabled this week.

Some party you vote and you've the nerve to criticism the SNP.

:rofl:

Happy Traitors Day.

Ive got some pickles ,do you want them?.

Thunderstruck

Happy Unity Day.

And a Happy Unity Day to you too.

Someone corresponding with the Herald has dubbed it "Dependance Day".

AlphonseCapone

I was referring to the Social Attitudes survey mentioned earlier and not the pot-mess of different surveys you quoted.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

They are all from the same survey, by God you are a mess on this.

And a Happy Unity Day to you too.

Someone corresponding with the Herald has dubbed it "Dependance Day".

Dependent Day, how embarrassing. But hey, nothing compared to voting NO.

Thunderstruck

They are all from the same survey, by God you are a mess on this.

"ScotCen" vs "SSAS" and the quote that got you excited mixes statistics from different bases. I'm in a mess - cool.

But, hey-ho, I don't have time to continue your education. I have a Union Day party to go to.

Thunderstruck

Dependent Day, how embarrassing. But hey, nothing compared to voting NO.

Embarrassed - not in the slightest but, as someone said above, "You're welcome". Disaster averted.

I voted YES and i'm going out for a "Oh well, it never happened and it may not be such a bad thing " piss up !

Enjoy your nights, people.

"ScotCen" vs "SSAS" and the quote that got you excited mixes statistics from different bases. I'm in a mess - cool.

But, hey-ho, I don't have time to continue your education. I have a Union Day party to go to.

Why would anyone want to keep the country going in the same destructive way, under the UK.

You give it 15b black hole, but this is through UK political thinking and you want to stay.

Strange.

jack D and coke

Embarrassed - not in the slightest but, as someone said above, "You're welcome". Disaster averted.

Proud to be a cadger? We all better hope the English people don't get fed up with this. Maybe we shouldn't shout so loud about Scotland being so shite and hope they keep sending loads of money up here to keep us in heroin and deep fried mars bars.

Disaster?.

Aw, right, you dont want to pay more tax, you want it on the cheap.

Thunderstruck

Why would anyone want to keep the country going in the same destructive way, under the UK.

You give it 15b black hole, but this is through UK political thinking and you want to stay.

Strange.

Was it "UK political thinking" that led Salmond to promise us the "Kuwait of the North" based on his preposterous assumptions? Was it "UK political thinking" that saw the bottom fall out of the oil market? Was it "UK political thinking" that forced the SNP to freeze Council Tax and the waste millions on a Commision in order to keep it in place? Was it "UK political thinking" that forced the SNP to divert over ?1bn of our taxes away from NHS into pet projects?

Was it "UK political thinking" that led Salmond to promise us the "Kuwait of the North" based on his preposterous assumptions? Was it "UK political thinking" that saw the bottom fall out of the oil market? Was it "UK political thinking" that forced the SNP to freeze Council Tax and the waste millions on a Commision in order to keep it in place? Was it "UK political thinking" that forced the SNP to divert over ?1bn of our taxes away from NHS into pet projects?

Aye.

Do we really want to go there, Gideon?.

Where is our oil money, that's right its built London.

I'm surprised how many people seems to engage in a 'if my aunt had balls' type argument; seems a bit pointless to me.

Anyway how do you opt out this named person scheme in real terms? I would like to opt out.

Trapper John McIntyre

Sorry to interrupt the wee ###### circle you guys have on the go but maybe pay more attention eh, the trend is only going one way....

* In 2007, the year the SNP came to power at Holyrood, 24% favoured an independent Scotland, while 62% supported remaining in the UK with a devolved parliament.

By 2014 half (50%) favoured this option, while a third (33%) wanted Scotland to leave the UK 

with the figures from the 2015 survey showing a six-point rise in support for independence over a year.

The findings were released on the final day of Holyrood before the next Scottish Parliament elections, and also revealed that just over half (51%) believe that "the Scottish Parliament should make all the decisions for Scotland".

More than two fifths (43%) of those surveyed said independence would be beneficial for Scotland's economy - the highest total ScotCen has found since it first asked the question in 2009 

Also, the most recent poll was on the 9th March 2016, with Yes on 46% and No on 54%...

The British Union will die before I will...

:smugger:

The 46% figure in favour of independence on 9th March has miraculously reached the dizzy heights of 39% in only a matter of days/weeks. 

I note you've conveniently ignored the latter, most recent figure from your exhaustive analysis.

Your calculator battery looks like its died; not the Union, Kiddo.

The 46% figure in favour of independence on 9th March has miraculously reached the dizzy heights of 39% in only a matter of days/weeks.

I note you've conveniently ignored the latter, most recent figure from your exhaustive analysis.

Aww, on about the union again, dont worry it won't last long.

Nothing about Labour again, I see.

You voting for Ruth, are you Trapper?.

Its the last step to your total assimilation.

Ciao...

Aussieh = black knight from Monty Python

Hows life? Under the Sydney bridge.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hows life? Under the Sydney bridge.

I've no idea what you are on about.

3fingersreid

Hows that budget coming, any cuts to the disabled this week.

Some party you vote and you've the nerve to criticism the SNP.

:rofl:

Happy Traitors Day.

Ive got some pickles ,do you want them?.

I've never thrown my tuppenceworth into political debates on here ,although I do enjoy reading them whether or not I agree with them , but your second last line is a bit too far imho , to call people you know nothing about traitors just because they have a different democratic view from you is possibly the wrong choice of word to use don't you think ?

I've never thrown my tuppenceworth into political debates on here ,although I do enjoy reading them whether or not I agree with them , but your second last line is a bit too far imho , to call people you know nothing about traitors just because they have a different democratic view from you is possibly the wrong choice of word to use don't you think ?

I know plenty of them, so?

3fingersreid

I know plenty of them, so?

So let me understand this ,my uncle a 90 year old Second World War and Korean War veteran wounded in action twice , thought long and hard ( still got all his faculties about him albeit slightly deaf) about which way to vote at the referendum ,decided to vote no ,and is in your eyes a "traitor"" to his country , a country he fought for to ensure our freedom to vote .

That's correct in your opinion yes?

3fingersreid

He is not a traitor to the country he fought for, the UK.

He'd tell you he fought firstly for Scotland in WW2 then the UK ;) ,doesn't talk much if at all about the Korean War

Just feel the word traitor is too strong and I don't believe Nicola Sturgeon would agree with it either

He is not a traitor to the country he fought for, the UK.

since when was the UK a country ? typical of the separatists to not have a clue what their talking about. so is it a union or a country or is it just what suits the blabbering of the moment ?

Stuart Lyon

Good article on Named Person law by Kenny Farquharson in today's Times. Highlights what a misguided piece of legislation it is and calls out Ms Sturgeon her saying parents can opt out.

another unionist that can't read, wonderful

My latest SNP embarrassment was when I ended up in the middle of their shitty wee convoy yesterday morning on the way to work between Bathgate and Broxburn.

jack D and coke

Looking forward to April and to start paying my increased council tax...cheers SNP :cheers:

People have been slating the SNP for years for keeping it frozen, a position that has always completely baffled me. Labour, after starting the policy, bizarrely constantly criticised them for it too.

Now they eventually push it up a bit and obviously some not happy.

People have been slating the SNP for years for keeping it frozen, a position that has always completely baffled me. Labour, after starting the policy, bizarrely constantly criticised them for it too.

Now they eventually push it up a bit and obviously some not happy.

Freezing council tax hits the poorest hardest because they are most likely to need the services that have been cut due to the freeze.

jack D and coke

Freezing council tax hits the poorest hardest because they are most likely to need the services that have been cut due to the freeze.

I understand your point and I've heard this argument plenty but It's maybe debut 4 you should've addressed that to no? They got stick for years for the freeze and after finally raising it a bit they come under fire.

It's similar to people who bang on about the tax raising powers the Scottish Parliament has. They are nothing more than a trap and nobody with an ounce of sense would ever use them. It's almost like here are a set of tax raising powers but use them and your finished.

Nonsense.

I understand your point and I've heard this argument plenty but It's maybe debut 4 you should've addressed that to no? They got stick for years for the freeze and after finally raising it a bit they come under fire.

It's similar to people who bang on about the tax raising powers the Scottish Parliament has. They are nothing more than a trap and nobody with an ounce of sense would ever use them. It's almost like here are a set of tax raising powers but use them and your finished.

Nonsense.

If politicians aren't brave enough to use powers they've got then they should step aside.

Trap? Frankly, a laughable assertion. It's empowerment.

jack D and coke

If politicians aren't brave enough to use powers they've got then they should step aside.

Trap? Frankly, a laughable assertion. It's empowerment.

You sound more and more like a labour drone every post I read of yours.

Archived