Latest SNP embarassment

kingantti1874

JudyJudyJudy

OK now that you mention that.

The Named person legal challenge has just completed in the supreme court, where it has been uncovered that the Named person will be given access to childrens medical records and the Doctor/patient right to patient confidentiality will be superseded.

In particular, if a Doctor prescribes the contraceptive pill to a teenage girl, the Named person (usually a school headmaster) will need to be informed, but the childs parents not.

This instate snooping in the extreme.  ML should be told.

http://no2np.org/gps-must-tell-named-person-teenage-girls-prescribed-pill-says-qc/

Yes i made a comment about this earlier. It beggers believe that the state thinks they have the best interests of the child at heart and dont beleive a parent does. That is basically the whole premise of this up and coming legislation. I hope the supreme course kicks it out. 

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's over. The economic argument will never be won. Maybe the English taxpayers will decide they've had enough of bankrolling us and go it alone themselves. But the SNP will never win it by persuading enough Scots.

You know its not over. It never will be as far as thays concerned & for quite a lot of people, the SNP are not/never were the answer anyway. Merely a means to an end. The economic argument is BS anyway. It assumes Scotland will continue on exactly the same path as its on now. Why would it?

No evidence longer opening on Sunday increases job numbers or sales .

They tested it in England during the Olympics sales were actually down 0.2% .

All it does is give those who don't work on a Sunday longer to stroll about with their family in the big super stores B&Q or Tesco's , while generally low paid shop workers work longer hours spending less with theirs .

The bill was all about the interests of big business .

SNP were right to join with others to vote down the bill ,( they do need to ditch the only vote on Scots matters idea and say they will vote on issue by issue )

Great! Totally agree! So shall we ditch it in Scotland too?

ToadKiller Dog

Great! Totally agree! So shall we ditch it in Scotland too?

I would , but it won't happen , big stores are boss ,and us good consumers need to be kept shopping .

You know its not over. It never will be as far as thays concerned & for quite a lot of people, the SNP are not/never were the answer anyway. Merely a means to an end. The economic argument is BS anyway. It assumes Scotland will continue on exactly the same path as its on now. Why would it?

The economic argument is BS now that it's evident that we are in fact better together?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

John Swinney took it dry on question time last night. People calling him out on all sorts which was good to see, especially on the SNP's management of the NHS in Scotland.

To my surprise, Ruth Davison spoke quite well. Rennie on the other hand came across as someone who had won a prize to become leader of a political party. And as for that bird served up by Labour, sounded as world-wise as student.

jack D and coke

I seen an article in one of the English press yesterday's and the guy was advocating Scotland and England go their separate ways over this. Funny how 300 years of them making decisions that affect us not mattering for shit or them voting down all the Scotland bill proposals all seemingly blanked from this chumps memory yet the minute we get some voice it's lets go our seperate ways?! The irony from these fools is mind blowing.

They shouldn't be allowed to use the Parliament of the Union for EVEL either. We had to have votes for seperate Scottish Parliaments etc yet they just get one. Not on!

Auld Reekin'

John Swinney took it dry on question time last night. People calling him out on all sorts which was good to see, especially on the SNP's management of the NHS in Scotland.

To my surprise, Ruth Davison spoke quite well. Rennie on the other hand came across as someone who had won a prize to become leader of a political party. And as for that bird served up by Labour, sounded as world-wise as student.

If sniggering, sneering, and talking over other panelists when it was their turn to speak constitutes speaking well, then - yes - Davidson was outstanding.   

ToadKiller Dog

If sniggering, sneering, and talking over other panelists when it was their turn to speak constitutes speaking well, then - yes - Davidson was outstanding.

Funny I live in Dundee and have done for some time ,I never new there was so many English Tory supporting folk in the city all converging on last nights show .

Hardly heard a local voice .

Of course the BBC would never stoop to something as low as loading an audience .

No evidence longer opening on Sunday increases job numbers or sales .

They tested it in England during the Olympics sales were actually down 0.2% .

This statistic, whilst correct is very misleading. Sales were down every other day of the week as well. The fact is that people came to London for the Olympics and not to shop. The regular tourists that London normally sees stayed away due to extortionate hotel pricing and the shopping areas were pretty quiet as it was mostly sports tourists here. London was quite a polite and friendly city for a few weeks, it was liberating.

Jambo-Jimbo

I seen an article in one of the English press yesterday's and the guy was advocating Scotland and England go their separate ways over this. Funny how 300 years of them making decisions that affect us not mattering for shit or them voting down all the Scotland bill proposals all seemingly blanked from this chumps memory yet the minute we get some voice it's lets go our seperate ways?! The irony from these fools is mind blowing.

They shouldn't be allowed to use the Parliament of the Union for EVEL either. We had to have votes for seperate Scottish Parliaments etc yet they just get one. Not on!

Ah! but remember David Cameron advised Scotland to stay part of the Union and make it's voice heard in Westminster.

Very easy to say that when there was only 8 or so SNP MP's, easy to shout them down, however now that's it's 50 odd that voice that Cameron wanted Scotland to have is now quite loud and not so easy to shut up and they don't like it one little bit now.

HaymarketJambo

I don't see any NHS staff coming out on strike in Scotland, in England on the other-hand.

As for Ruth Davidson she talked over everyone, thankfully the Tory party are minor party in Scotland and talk for the few.    

I don't see any NHS staff coming out on strike in Scotland, in England on the other-hand.

As for Ruth Davidson she talked over everyone, thankfully the Tory party are minor party in Scotland and talk for the few.

On course for their best ever Holyrood result I believe. Of course they're not going to be in power come May, but..... looks like their fortunes are improving.

The economic argument is BS now that it's evident that we are in fact better together?

Better together aye? A country that has no power to change anything without asking mum & dad if its OK? The UK borrows to get by and has amassed a ?1.6 Trillion debt in doing so so why would an independent Scotland not be able to do the same? Every other country in the world borrows during the lean times. The oil argument may be relevant today but will it be in 2 - 3 years? Personally I would like to see the country move away from oil and into other industries but we wont be allowed to do that will we (until its all gone & the UK cut us loose obviously)?

Better together my arse. The desire to become independent is not going away anytime soon and thats a fact.

On course for their best ever Holyrood result I believe. Of course they're not going to be in power come May, but..... looks like their fortunes are improving.

Not really.  All you are seeing is disillusioned Liberals and "new" Labour types pinning the tail to another donkey.  It's not exactly a mass groundswell of public favouritism.

Still 3rd to Labour it seems though.

It's interesting that the main thing I seem to hear from Davidson is little to do about policy or economics but rather that the union is safest in their hands.  So harking back to the referendum....again!  It's a fair enough stance, but will people vote Tory (who haven't before) because of it?  Or will they see what that Party is doing in its governance of the Union they so cherish and realise that not only are they continuing to sell off the family silver, thus selling out the people, they are also dismantling the public sector and state safety nets that kind of made Britain a good place to stay.  Whilst at the same time, appearing to be very weak on corporate tax evasion/avoidance.

So, in summary, a Tory is a Tory and the electorate know that.

Auld Reekin'

Funny I live in Dundee and have done for some time ,I never new there was so many English Tory supporting folk in the city all converging on last nights show .

Of course the BBC would never stoop to something as low as loading an audience .

No indeed, perish the thought... Oddly enough, I have noticed this strange phenomenon before, especially on such programmes in the run-up to the independence referendum. One can only assume that Dundonians have decided to renounce - en-mass - their previous political leanings and also adopt standard, received-pronunciation, English in a bid to disguise the fact that they were ever anything but true-blue, union-flag-waving, "Gawd Bless Maggie Thatcher", Conservatives and Unionists.

AlphonseCapone

It's funny because when something good happens in Scotland it's because we are part of the Union, and when something bad happens it is a good job we are in the Union. It's almost like it's a shite argument used for any occasion.

She was an embarrassment last night, shouting over people etc. She's like a steroid fuelled pitbull terrier. Fortunately she and the Tories are irrelevant up here.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Better together aye? A country that has no power to change anything without asking mum & dad if its OK? The UK borrows to get by and has amassed a ?1.6 Trillion debt in doing so so why would an independent Scotland not be able to do the same? Every other country in the world borrows during the lean times. The oil argument may be relevant today but will it be in 2 - 3 years? Personally I would like to see the country move away from oil and into other industries but we wont be allowed to do that will we (until its all gone & the UK cut us loose obviously)?

Better together my arse. The desire to become independent is not going away anytime soon and thats a fact.

Of course it's not. The people who voted yes aren't going to change that view en masse.

Unfortunately for you, there weren't enough of them and that's not going to change any time soon either.

Of course it's not. The people who voted yes aren't going to change that view en masse.

Unfortunately for you, there weren't enough of them and that's not going to change any time soon either.

I disagree. May take another 10 years but sooner or later, folk will wake up & realise that the UK ends at the M25

that would be the NHS that is the best performing NHS of all the countries in the UK?? And, has already been pointed out on another thread, the questioners were hand picked stooges

that would be the NHS that is the best performing NHS of all the countries in the UK?? And, has already been pointed out on another thread, the questioners were hand picked stooges

Plus add in the hand picked prick stooge panellist who was let to mouth off from the start...

Jam Tarts 1874

Hand picked stooges

:facepalm:

You know that for a fact?

Hand picked by whom and why?

Jam Tarts 1874

Typical NAT chip on the shoulder paranoia!

Maybe all the NAT voters were in the pub watching the football.

Hand picked stooges

google Kathy Wiles and Brandon Davey, 2 of the Dundee locals that just happened to be allowed to ask a question and then come back with your facepalms

So you think that audience was a broad cross section of the Dundee population do you? And that the questioners were just random folk?  Do you believe in fairies too?

Hand picked stooges

Q1 - did you actually watch it last night?

Q2 - do you believe the 'neutral' panelist was neutral?  

Q3 - have you ever been to Dundee?

Scroll up for the proof of the stooge audience.  Shame on BBC.

ToadKiller Dog

Deflection nonsense .

Pretty clear it was not a mixed audience anything like resembling Dundee or Tayside for that matter .

Stooge questioners also .

The establishment in London in running scared .

Thunderstruck

Best performing in the UK - maybe, but that would appear to be damnation by faint praise in the week that Audit Scotland has seen fit to offer a significant criticism of the Scottish Government's handling of NHS Scotland.

So, what is this ?15b based on.

The UK economy and people want us to stay in it.

Who, the feck is gonnae vote Tory who doesn't already.

People may not like the SNP, but feck me, Labour voters, voting Tory, dream on.

Hand picked stooges

Try this:

From Mark Harper's Complaint to the BBC re QT.

"The BBC advertises itself as an impartial broadcaster when it very clearly is not. This program was supposed to have been filmed in Dundee and therefore should have had an audience representative of the political framework of Dundee. Had Dimbleby not said "We are in Dundee" there would have been no way of knowing as the audience appeared mainly unionist, which is not representative in Scotlands largest Yes voting area. Also, two members of that audience who were allowed to ask questions were failed Labour candidates, Braden Davy from Morpeth in Northumberland but now moved to Aberdeen ? an 80-minute drive from Dundee and Kathy Wiles who David Dimbleby identified as ?Kathy Olibierti?. Wiles quit as Labour candidate for Angus after smearing some small children who took part in a protest at the BBC?s Scottish headquarters in Glasgow as being like the Hitler Youth. John Swinney was the only guest who was not allowed to complete an answer without being interrupted and several lies including the one that we all knew there would be a referendum on Europe before the Scottish referendum were, not only allowed by Dimbleby, but promoted by him! The panel were also heavily weighted against Scottish independence supporters and included a public-school English Unionist Tory from the Telegraph, in the form of Tim Stanley. Scotland is not well served by the BBC and I will never in my life willingly pay any kind of license fee to support such an institution."

Try this:

"The BBC advertises itself as an impartial broadcaster when it very clearly is not. This program was supposed to have been filmed in Dundee and therefore should have had an audience representative of the political framework of Dundee. Had Dimbleby not said "We are in Dundee" there would have been no way of knowing as the audience appeared mainly unionist, which is not representative in Scotlands largest Yes voting area. Also, two members of that audience who were allowed to ask questions were failed Labour candidates, Braden Davy from Morpeth in Northumberland but now moved to Aberdeen ? an 80-minute drive from Dundee and Kathy Wiles who David Dimbleby identified as ?Kathy Olibierti?. Wiles quit as Labour candidate for Angus after smearing some small children who took part in a protest at the BBC?s Scottish headquarters in Glasgow as being like the Hitler Youth. John Swinney was the only guest who was not allowed to complete an answer without being interrupted and several lies including the one that we all knew there would be a referendum on Europe before the Scottish referendum were, not only allowed by Dimbleby, but promoted by him! The panel were also heavily weighted against Scottish independence supporters and included a public-school English Unionist Tory from the Telegraph, in the form of Tim Stanley. Scotland is not well served by the BBC and I will never in my life willingly pay any kind of license fee to support such an institution."

Its blatant.

Jackie "need a fry up" bird, was and still is, a total disgrace, with her reporting of everything Scottish Administration or SNP.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Try this:

The bitterness and the seethe is never more obvious than when he unnecessarily mentions "public school".

A very butch version of that ^^^^ Thatcher...but even Thatcher had bigger balls and a bigger intellect. 

Try this:

Not paying a license fee would be something to consider if you felt really strongly about the BBC.

My toys are not out that particular pram but not the hardest thing to do....seemingly !

jambos are go!

The Nats are past masters at infiltrating these TV debates as any body with half a brain knows. The audience is selected from those who apply for tickets as i  understand it. The reason then  SNP was ridiculed for pathetic economic forecasting is because their economic forecasting has been pathetic. Live with it!

The Nats are past masters at infiltrating these TV debates as any body with half a brain knows. The audience is selected from those who apply for tickets as i  understand it. The reason then  SNP was ridiculed for pathetic economic forecasting is because their economic forecasting has been pathetic. Live with it!

?1.6t and you think the SNP are shite at economics.

davemclaren

The Nats are past masters at infiltrating these TV debates as any body with half a brain knows. The audience is selected from those who apply for tickets as i understand it. The reason then SNP was ridiculed for pathetic economic forecasting is because their economic forecasting has been pathetic. Live with it!

To be fair that's a bit ironic given Labour's oversight on the financial crisis.

Psychedelicropcircle

Thought the JKB better together team might have jumped in here to apologise for blaming the esh-em-pee for the FRB closure!

Thought the JKB better together team might have jumped in here to apologise for blaming the esh-em-pee for the FRB closure!

LOL as if. Nae chance.

It was explained last night.  Were you not allowed to stay up for it?   

Deflection nonsense .

Pretty clear it was not a mixed audience anything like resembling Dundee or Tayside for that matter .

Stooge questioners also .

The establishment in London in running scared .

Do you have proof? Otherwise it's the rantings of a conspiracy nut.

Why do Yes voters on here assume a mass, coherent set of beliefs apply to all people who support Yes or the SNP?

Frankly it's odd. You'd think all scots are pro-EU, social democrats who believe in unilateral disarmament and independence. Why can't there be an anti-eu sentiment or a small c conservative mind set? Not even an allowance for a belief that the SNP are not handling public services well regardless of a comaprative analysis with other UK nations?

Dissent from the SNP policy platform will not be tolerated it seems if you're a yes supporter post-September 2014. If you want an homogenous blob of no opinion fair enough. I'd rather the government was challenged by its constituents to do better, to be criticised for its failings and to deal with issues and understand there's more opinions to matters than those they hold.

the opposition to the snp seems as poor as ever. Repeatedly using the 'once in a generation' line to attack the snp is impotent ,

1. despite whatever Salmond or anyone else said, the number of potential referendums was not set in stone

2. even if the snp made it policy they wouldn't campaign for another ref for 100 years, would the other parties not be better off actually listening to public opinion?

jambos are go!

the opposition to the snp seems as poor as ever. Repeatedly using the 'once in a generation' line to attack the snp is impotent ,

1. despite whatever Salmond or anyone else said, the number of potential referendums was not set in stone

2. even if the snp made it policy they wouldn't campaign for another ref for 100 years, would the other parties not be better off actually listening to public opinion?

Would the SNP not be better off listening to public opinion as expressed in the Referendum 18 months ago?

Would the SNP not be better off listening to public opinion as expressed in the Referendum 18 months ago?

So thinking like that Labour, Lib Dems & Tories should just pack it in & shut up shop in Scotland as they wont get a majority any time soon.

Probably to some extent yes, but they are not exactly going to give up on their main goal, especially when they wiped the board at the subsequent election.

Acting the goat treating 'once in a generation' as some kind of binding sorcery rather than a hyperbolic, or possibly genuine, opinion, is wasted energy.

jambos are go!

So thinking like that Labour, Lib Dems & Tories should just pack it in & shut up shop in Scotland as they wont get a majority any time soon.

They got 55% when it mattered most when Scotland was asked the most direct and unambiguous question of all.

Archived