Latest SNP embarassment

kingantti1874

jack D and coke

Probably to some extent yes, but they are not exactly going to give up on their main goal, especially when they wiped the board at the subsequent election.

Acting the goat treating 'once in a generation' as some kind of binding sorcery rather than a hyperbolic, or possibly genuine, opinion, is wasted energy.

The SNP were formed to deliver Scottish independence it's their whole raison d'etre. Why do people expect them to stop being the SNP?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do Yes voters on here assume a mass, coherent set of beliefs apply to all people who support Yes or the SNP?

Frankly it's odd. You'd think all scots are pro-EU, social democrats who believe in unilateral disarmament and independence. Why can't there be an anti-eu sentiment or a small c conservative mind set? Not even an allowance for a belief that the SNP are not handling public services well regardless of a comaprative analysis with other UK nations?

Dissent from the SNP policy platform will not be tolerated it seems if you're a yes supporter post-September 2014. If you want an homogenous blob of no opinion fair enough. I'd rather the government was challenged by its constituents to do better, to be criticised for its failings and to deal with issues and understand there's more opinions to matters than those they hold.

Yes X2, but is it fair criticism?.

They got 55% when it mattered most when Scotland was asked the most direct and unambiguous question of all.

They'll ask it again, to the NEW GENERATION that have the right to vote.

And they'll win it, convincingly.

Boris Johnson or Independence?

Being tge new Greece or the new tax raising powers with the Treasury underwriting any losses?

There will never be a majority for Independence at ANY cost.

Being tge new Greece or the new tax raising powers with the Treasury underwriting any losses?

New Greece this, too wee that.

Stop basing Scotland on UK terms.

Different Economy

Different Currency

No WM.

Increase population.

Everything right now, is by WM terms and conditions.

It doesn't really bother me whether we're in or out of Nato or the EU. but at this moment in time we're made to be there, whether we like it or not.

Maybe we could start by taking control of our own Energy sector.

Robbing gits.

Pay higher tax to have great infrastructure and Nhs etc...

Or is that the issue here?.

Maybe we could start by taking control of our own Energy sector.

Robbing gits.

Pay higher tax to have great infrastructure and Nhs etc...

Or is that the issue here?.

I think we're in a great position here. Lot's of powers to get our teeth into without the downside. WM providing an insurance policy if you like.

I realise that won't be enough for you if you're all or nothing.

I think we're in a great position here. Lot's of powers to get our teeth into without the downside. WM providing an insurance policy if you like.

I realise that won't be enough for you if you're all or nothing.

And when WM stops,(this imaginary buffer)how long do you Wait, until its too late, or is already it too late. Has WM broken every home nation.

Its well past time, we became the nation we should be and that goes' for the other nations too.

If England see themselves as a superpower, let them follow that road and we'll go ours. A small nation in a larger community of small nations.

Nookie Bear

Why do Yes voters on here assume a mass, coherent set of beliefs apply to all people who support Yes or the SNP?

Frankly it's odd. You'd think all scots are pro-EU, social democrats who believe in unilateral disarmament and independence. Why can't there be an anti-eu sentiment or a small c conservative mind set? Not even an allowance for a belief that the SNP are not handling public services well regardless of a comaprative analysis with other UK nations?

Dissent from the SNP policy platform will not be tolerated it seems if you're a yes supporter post-September 2014. If you want an homogenous blob of no opinion fair enough. I'd rather the government was challenged by its constituents to do better, to be criticised for its failings and to deal with issues and understand there's more opinions to matters than those they hold.

Basically like Sinn Fein. One core policy and a bunch of other policies cobbled together to give the impression of a coherent movement.

Basically like Sinn Fein. One core policy and a bunch of other policies cobbled together to give the impression of a coherent movement.

Nookie, don't start.

Is GB the same as Nazi Germany?.

So thinking like that Labour, Lib Dems & Tories should just pack it in & shut up shop in Scotland as they wont get a majority any time soon.

That's not very new Scotland or democratic.

Should the SNP have packed up shop in 1979? Or 1992? Or 1997? Or 1999? Never looked like winning a majority then.

Yes X2, but is it fair criticism?.

Yes. The NHS in Scotland isn't at its best. Schools are being cut. College reform is a mess. Inequality of life chances for the poorest and richest has grown wider since the SNP came to power.

Why shouldn't the sitting Scottish administration of the past 9 years shoulder some responsibility and criticism of that? The way they talk you'd think they'd been in power a week.

ToadKiller Dog

So the Unionist dream of a forever weak Scotland that can only function thanks to the love hugs from the Westminster elite .

They celebrate perceived fiscal black holes like a Scottish cup win .

And they call honest civilians who are looking towards independence for answers as deluded and cultist .

Think I know which side is the real cult .

No wonder Scottish unionism is dying on its arse .

As will be seen come the May vote .

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So the Unionist dream of a forever weak Scotland that can only function thanks to the love hugs from the Westminster elite .

They celebrate perceived fiscal black holes like a Scottish cup win .

And they call honest civilians who are looking towards independence for answers as deluded and cultist .

Think I know which side is the real cult .

No wonder Scottish unionism is dying on its arse .

As will be seen come the May vote .

:lol:

You and others make it sound like you're living in Mogadishu.

Thought the JKB better together team might have jumped in here to apologise for blaming the esh-em-pee for the FRB closure!

What a surprise the SNP loaded committee have come to the conclusion that the government wasn't to blame. Couldn't have predicted that at all.

People moan about the House of Lords being unelected etc. but the committee system Scotland has is absolute nonsense. They agree with whatever sturgeon wants them to do as it mostly SNP people running them. Should not be a majority of SNP but a fair cross section of people from all parties/disciplines.

One of the SNP clowns on the finance committee doesn't even know the difference between debt and deficit.

What a surprise the SNP loaded committee have come to the conclusion that the government wasn't to blame. Couldn't have predicted that at all.

People moan about the House of Lords being unelected etc. but the committee system Scotland has is absolute nonsense. They agree with whatever sturgeon wants them to do as it mostly SNP people running them. Should not be a majority of SNP but a fair cross section of people from all parties/disciplines.

One of the SNP clowns on the finance committee doesn't even know the difference between debt and deficit.

Yep. Predictably swept under the carpet.

Nookie Bear

Nookie, don't start.

Is GB the same as Nazi Germany?.

Apparently so, according to some (I'll attach a link and meme soon...)

Boris.

The SNP were formed to deliver Scottish independence it's their whole raison d'etre. Why do people expect them to stop being the SNP?

That's what I was saying. Opponents want the snp to stop pushing for independence, despite them winning a huge majority and after the referendum ended up being a lot closer th?n most would have predicted. Just burying their heads in the sand and not conducive to intelligent debate.

Yes. The NHS in Scotland isn't at its best. Schools are being cut. College reform is a mess. Inequality of life chances for the poorest and richest has grown wider since the SNP came to power.

Why shouldn't the sitting Scottish administration of the past 9 years shoulder some responsibility and criticism of that? The way they talk you'd think they'd been in power a week.

309 years of union and look at the state of the UK, you'd think it had only been going a week, the way they talk.

John Swinney took it dry on question time last night. People calling him out on all sorts which was good to see, especially on the SNP's management of the NHS in Scotland.

To my surprise, Ruth Davison spoke quite well. Rennie on the other hand came across as someone who had won a prize to become leader of a political party. And as for that bird served up by Labour, sounded as world-wise as student.

Watched the first 5 minutes, I thought Eddie Izzard was on, but it was the big fat carpet cleaner, sitting next to Tim the tit fae the telegraph.

Will watch the rest soon, but already its obviously stacked against John Swinney. But he'll handle it, as per usual.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched question time and it is really sad to see a supposed SNP big shot floundering around like an amateur because Sturgeon isn't sitting beside him holding his hand, telling him what to think and what to say.

Swinney was shown up like the puppet he and the rest of the hierarchy of our regime are, which only serves to reinforce how lucky we were that the majority of good Scots saw through the attempted fraud the SNP tried in the referendum.

Thanks to all the No Voters, this country still has a chance to be a part of a dynamic union that has served us so well.

Watched question time and it is really sad to see a supposed SNP big shot floundering around like an amateur because Sturgeon isn't sitting beside him holding his hand, telling him what to think and what to say.

Swinney was shown up like the puppet he and the rest of the hierarchy of our regime are, which only serves to reinforce how lucky we were that the majority of good Scots saw through the attempted fraud the SNP tried in the referendum.

Thanks to all the No Voters, this country still has a chance to be a part of a dynamic union that has served us so well.

Do they have any more talented people than Eck and Nippy? Other "senior" people, such as cabinet secretaries, don't seem to be of a great calibre.

Tick tock.

1411143852740_wps_9_Kevin_Keegan_picture

if Nippy got involved in a personal scandal. Her ugly mush would be a sight.

Phil Dunphy

Scotland doesn't have any sense of self importance it's because you see and hear all the discussions you think that. Scotland is a very mixed up place and argues amongst itself and has done for centuries. I always wonder if any other European countries dislike each other region by region and also religion wise like Scotland does and to a lesser extent, the UK. How it's remained united I've no idea.

Italy.

Phil Dunphy

Shift work should not be treated differently to 9-5 - EVER!

People who work shifts and weekends miss out on a lot in a social sense. I trust you're aware of this, yeah?

309 years of union and look at the state of the UK, you'd think it had only been going a week, the way they talk.

Sorry, what's Walpole and his government done to hurt you?

Should we live that far in the past that'd count. It doesn't because after 309 years since 1707 we've come so far that Scotland isn't the nation of 1707.

Should we live that far in the past that'd count. It doesn't because after 309 years since 1707 we've come so far that Scotland isn't the nation of 1707.

at least it was.

Brits.

And it wasn't an election,but you keep using the SNP as an excuse for voting against your countries future.

Maybe your right, a unionist Scot, bought and sold for your masters gold.

Right to live and work in Scotland for the whole of ruk after Indy, we cant have just anyone, taking from us like it is now.

Corporation tax so low, we'll put little old rUk out of business.

Cant wait.

Asia, Europe and the R.o.W building Scotland.

Theres always uncle Sam and her trident missiles, you can keep them

kingantti1874

Right to live and work in Scotland for the whole of ruk after Indy, we cant have just anyone, taking from us like it is now.

Corporation tax so low, we'll put little old rUk out of business.

Cant wait.

Asia, Europe and the R.o.W building Scotland.

Theres always uncle Sam and her trident missiles, you can keep them

How do we pay for the low corporation tax reduction? Oil :rofl: how are you going to pay for the 10's of thousands of people you've put out of work from trident ? Higher taxes :rofl: you need to understand this quickly - no one is taking anything from Scotland..

The reality is of independence , higher taxes, fewer jobs, greater austerity, fewer government handouts to our hugely lazy handout driven populous of which the population will be dramatically increased by opening the doors to every Tom Dick and Harry from the Middle East who fancies taking advantage of said handouts like they have across Europe.. Not to mention the inevitable rise in sexual assaults against women..

To be honest though - if quite like a yes vote purely so I can stop hearing people at the lower end of the intelligence spectrum blaming the English for their own failed shit lives.

How do we pay for the low corporation tax reduction? Oil :rofl: how are you going to pay for the 10's of thousands of people you've put out of work from trident ? Higher taxes :rofl: you need to understand this quickly - no one is taking anything from Scotland..

The reality is of independence , higher taxes, fewer jobs, greater austerity, fewer government handouts to our hugely lazy handout driven populous of which the population will be dramatically increased by opening the doors to every Tom Dick and Harry from the Middle East who fancies taking advantage of said handouts like they have across Europe.. Not to mention the inevitable rise in sexual assaults against women..

To be honest though - if quite like a yes vote purely so I can stop hearing people at the lower end of the intelligence spectrum blaming the English for their own failed shit lives.

high rates in income tax, with the jobs boom. Simple.

Who blames England, if the roles were reversed and we owned England id do the same. Id also give them a piss take devolution make them think its something that its not.

:rofl:

Stop thinking unionist have some sort of intellect, they're brain power was there for all to see at George sq and its there every July.

We do alright in spite/despite of WM. But some would rather run our on Country.

Shit, I didn't realise we lived in a crimeless union, well sign me up to white man's paradise, where they don't hurt a fly. I'm in.

kingantti1874

We do alright in spite/despite of WM. But some would rather run our on Country.

some aye - the minority I may add, a noisy minority which will shrink when they realise the truth that they will get a smaller handout.

kingantti1874

Shit, I didn't realise we lived in a crimeless union, well sign me up to white man's paradise, where they don't hurt a fly. I'm in.

Ludicrous post. Has the open door policy of Europe led to a non proportionate increase in incidents ?

Thunderstruck

You sold your claim to ever being Scottish, all no voting Brits.

Are you still trying to be Canadian?

kingantti1874

high rates in income tax, with the jobs boom. Simple.

Who blames England, if the roles were reversed and we owned England id do the same. Id also give them a piss take devolution make them think its something that its not.

:rofl:

Stop thinking unionist have some sort of intellect, they're brain power was there for all to see at George sq and its there every July.

They aren't taking the piss out of me.. That's a chip on the nationalist shoulder.

some aye - the minority I may add, a noisy minority which will shrink when they realise the truth that they will get a smaller handout.

I don't think so, its growing day by day, with the realisation of forever Tory rule.

56 from 59 MPs and a whitewash this May, add to this Brexit when we vote in, then BJ as PM.

Aye, minority.

A good percentage of no voters would vote yes, when all argument's are won.

Not all no voters are concrete Brits.

They aren't taking the piss out of me.. That's a chip on the nationalist shoulder.

Aww, Stockholm syndrome, poor soul does even realise.

My sympathy to you.

kingantti1874

I don't think so, its growing day by day, with the realisation of forever Tory rule.

56 from 59 MPs and a whitewash this May, add to this Brexit when we vote in, then BJ as PM.

Aye, minority.

A good percentage of no voters would vote yes, when all argument's are won.

Not all no voters are concrete Brits.

Let's see.. I think you'll find no voters (the majority) will vote tactically in May.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pretty good opinion piece by Kevin McKenna in the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/12/buoyant-snp-faces-down-the-economic-apocalypse

More of a plea to Labour to up its game, imo, but there is no harm in that. Pretty much spot on analysis, but then I suppose I would say that because I agree with what is written!

The first paragraph is so ludicrous and untrue that I'm not prepared to read the rest.

Let's see.. I think you'll find no voters (the majority) will vote tactically in May.

Why?

I think you'll find hell freezing over, before labour folk ever vote tory.

They might not vote SNP but they'll never vote for that filth.

Archived