Kodi again

Unknown user

Space Mackerel

Just out of interest does anyone know what Kodi would be like installed on Apple TV? Or just better to get AFTV?

Have you got Apple TV?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

jack D and coke

Just out of interest does anyone know what Kodi would be like installed on Apple TV? Or just better to get AFTV?

Only Apple TV 4 will work with kodi. It used to work on 1&2, isn't supported anymore though, never on 3 but works really well on 4 apparently.

I have Apple TV and I never use it. 4K AFTV box without a doubt.

Edited by jack D and coke

Henry. Henry.

Is anyone else having problems with SM? Sky sports has been unwatchable the past few weeks, constantly stalling and buffering.

I have BT fibre, have tried resetting everything including rebooting Kodi. Very few devices on my network. Anyone got any suggestions? Doing my tits in.

Give it a go after switching your antivirus off. I had problems when I used my laptop a couple months ago and one of the Sportsmania boys on their Facebook page suggested doing this. All sorted.

Sm is being very temperamental with me too. In general is it usual to have about 30 seconds delay during games ? I get score notifications on LiveScore then about a minute later you see the goal on tv

Sm is being very temperamental with me too. In general is it usual to have about 30 seconds delay during games ? I get score notifications on LiveScore then about a minute later you see the goal on tv

Yeah due to the nature of streaming, there will always be a little delay. 

Noted mate, ta

I always switch off goal alerts for games I'm watching, as it kinda ruins it when you see a goal pop up on the phone but it's currently a goal kick. Though if you have a gullible friend, you could make some dosh.

"Bet you a tenner Spurs score from this attack"

Bosh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I always switch off goal alerts for games I'm watching, as it kinda ruins it when you see a goal pop up on the phone but it's currently a goal kick. Though if you have a gullible friend, you could make some dosh.

"Bet you a tenner Spurs score from this attack"

Bosh.

I know some people where that would work, good plan!

Statts1976uk

I'm new to the whole Kodi movement and have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you guys might help a technophobe like me with.

Can I download it for use on my laptop and where is the best place to get the software?

What's the best things to download for it and is there anything to avoid on it so I don't infect my laptop?

Cheers from a very unknowledgable chap!

I'm new to the whole Kodi movement and have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you guys might help a technophobe like me with.

Can I download it for use on my laptop and where is the best place to get the software?

What's the best things to download for it and is there anything to avoid on it so I don't infect my laptop?

google kodi(there are lots of youtube vids showing you how to install) match your operating system, windows etc with the download and just download and install, as the vids will show you.

you need a decent internet service especially if your using wi-fi.

you wont get viruses.

"exodus" for movies/tv series is the go to with most folk. just search youtube for it and there will be a video showing you how to add the addon.

then its just a case of getting used to it and picking up bits as you go along, read a few pages of this thread will get you on your way as most things have been covered.

Statts1976uk

google kodi(there are lots of youtube vids showing you how to install) match your operating system, windows etc with the download and just download and install, as the vids will show you.

you need a decent internet service especially if your using wi-fi.

you wont get viruses.

"exodus" for movies/tv series is the go to with most folk. just search youtube for it and there will be a video showing you how to add the addon.

then its just a case of getting used to it and picking up bits as you go along, read a few pages of this thread will get you on your way as most things have been covered.

Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight! I really appreciate your help.

It's been discussed at length on this thread but I'm going to drag it up again.

Real Debrid - is it worth the money, is it easy to set up and what exactly does it improve over normal Exodus/Specto/Salts links?

Yes. Kodi was originally XBMC which was designed for windows/PC.

Best free addons are exodus, Specto, Salts and probably Phoenix. These will cover your movies and TV shows.

For sports look no further than Sportsmania. This cost about, 26 pound every three months but honestly it is brilliant.

Just download it from the Kodi website and use YouTube tutorials on how to download each of the above addons.

This website is a is a great reference point

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

This is the website to get sportsmania up and running

http://sportsmania.eu/payments/page/home

Unknown user

Best free addons are exodus, Specto, Salts and probably Phoenix. These will cover your movies and TV shows.

For sports look no further than Sportsmania. This cost about, 26 pound every three months but honestly it is brilliant.

Just download it from the Kodi website and use YouTube tutorials on how to download each of the above addons.

Point of order - it was actually created for the original XBOX, hence the name XBoxMediaCenter, which became XBMC.

It's been discussed at length on this thread but I'm going to drag it up again.

Real Debrid - is it worth the money, is it easy to set up and what exactly does it improve over normal Exodus/Specto/Salts links?

Real Debris is a goer IMO and yes dead easy to set up.

I use it for movie and tv series streams through Exodus. When you search for a movie you want to watch, RD puts all its streams to the top, these are the best of quality and on the whole, buffer free. ?10 per 6 months it is not going to burst the bank to at least try out.

Edit

I have started using it to download a couple of movies using kodi for my neighbour.

Rudolph could advise better than me for downloading. Do you use torrents RM?

Edited by salecc

I use it for movie and tv series streams through Exodus. When you search for a movie you want to watch, RD puts all its streams to the top, these are the best of quality and on the whole, buffer free. ?10 per 6 months it is not going to burst the bank to at least try out.

Edit

I have started using it to download a couple of movies using kodi for my neighbour.

Cheers. Never really had major problems with Exodus or anything but for a tenner, if it even makes a small difference, that would be great.

Edit

Can you sign up online to get an account via a phone, then add the details onto the box?

jack D and coke

Can you sign up online to get an account via a phone, then add the details onto the box?

Course you can mate yeah.

Course you can mate yeah.

Cheers, will report back once its set up. Does it give any better links for live TV or anything, or just Movies/TV shows through Exodus and the likes?

jack D and coke

Cheers, will report back once its set up. Does it give any better links for live TV or anything, or just Movies/TV shows through Exodus and the likes?

Yeah just movies and tv shows to stream via exodus, spectofork and salts. Live streams, depending on where you get them are obviously more reliable if paid for too.

Point of order - it was actually created for the original XBOX, hence the name XBoxMediaCenter, which became XBMC.

Fair enough.

Real Debrid seems very good so far. All links in HD with no buffering. Given it was only 16 euros for 6 months, I won't begrudge it. Could easily go without it but does take away any hassle if I get a link that doesn't work.

Rudolf's Mate

Edit

It's impressive for downloading. I only ever do stuff for the kids when we're going away etc however because it's unrestricted servers it does full 1080p films in just over 3 mins.

Statts1976uk

Thanks very much for the advice, I was hoping to install it tonight but it looks like another job for the weekend!

It's impressive for downloading. I only ever do stuff for the kids when we're going away etc however because it's unrestricted servers it does full 1080p films in just over 3 mins.

Where do you get the links from, though?

CollyWolly mentioned before of using Kodi to download, I have done this over the festive both successfully and unsuccessfully. Real Dedbrd links were unsuccessful, now that I think of it.

I am obviously missing out on something.

I don't want to go back to torrents.

Cheers

mrmarkus1981

CollyWolly mentioned before of using Kodi to download, I have done this over the festive both successfully and unsuccessfully. Real Dedbrd links were unsuccessful, now that I think of it.

Cheers

I get them here

http://scene-rls.com/releases/index.php

Would be interested to hear of other places

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers

https://real-debrid.com/

My Account

Scroll down to Account History and click on Download History and you'll see this screen:

Gy44nJX.jpg

Even though it states downloads these are actually the RD sources you've watched on Kodi. Click on the download option (on PC/Laptop) and depending on your speed it'll be really quick.

If you've got iPad or another Apple device that you don't want to jailbreak from the page above you can also just click on the camera (in between download & original link) option and it'll play on the device. I'd not used this much until recently when I went away. Within Kodi I clicked on a few films before I left and stopped them once they'd started and then went to the page above when I was away. Like I said, handy if you don't want to jailbreak your device. 

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

https://real-debrid.com/

My Account

Scroll down to Account History and click on Download History and you'll see this screen:

Even though it states downloads these are actually the RD sources you've watched on Kodi. Click on the download option (on PC/Laptop) and depending on your speed it'll be really quick.

If you've got iPad or another Apple device that you don't want to jailbreak from the page above you can also just click on the camera (in between download & original link) option and it'll play on the device. I'd not used this much until recently when I went away. Within Kodi I clicked on a few films before I left and stopped them once they'd started and then went to the page above when I was away. Like I said, handy if you don't want to jailbreak your device.

Do you know how far back you can go with these. I have used it before a few times for weekends away (briefly play on kodi and download from real-debrid, as you seem to be doing) but they seem to drop off the list after a few days. Its no big deal if you have downloaded obviously but I was thinking about space and just downloading as and when you needed them ?

Edited by CollyWolly

Rudolf's Mate

Do you know how far back you can go with these. I have used it before a few times for weekends away (briefly play on kodi and download from real-debrid, as you seem to be doing) but they seem to drop off the list after a few days. Its no big deal if you have downloaded obviously but I was thinking about space and just downloading as and when you needed them ?

Yeah the list isn't huge so if you view loads of other sources on RD they drop off. Never been an issue for me due to me tending to downloading something within mins of starting it in Kodi (if the kids need it) or watching it via RD soon afterwards also. Mines goes back nearly 1 week however like you've mentioned, the more you view the quicker stuff will drop off. 

Cheers for that!

Your welcome, it was all stuff i'd looked at before ditching sky and getting freesat and kodi. I've not regretted it and am saving myself ?45 per month.

Rudolf's Mate

You can use real debrid without Kodi at all.

Take links from here, put them into the unrestrict the links via the RD website, and they will appear in your download queue.

http://scene-rls.com/releases/

I tried this when MM mentioned it however it kept saying hoster unsupported. Am I doing something wrong? [emoji85]

I tried this when MM mentioned it however it kept saying hoster unsupported. Am I doing something wrong? [emoji85]

When taking a link, I tend to go for rapidgator, usually works for me. Give it another try.

Rudolf's Mate

When taking a link, I tend to go for rapidgator, usually works for me. Give it another try.

Yeah I wasn't drilling down into it to get the various options. Cool that's good to know bud. Especially away from home & not having access to Kodi etc.

mrmarkus1981

Google Chrome has a real debrid extension which makes it even easier

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

You can use real debrid without Kodi at all.

Take links from here, put them into the unrestrict the links via the RD website, and they will appear in your download queue.

http://scene-rls.com/releases/

Can this be done on an iPad?

I'm sort of lost on the last few posts. Not a clue what to do.

jack D and coke

Can this be done on an iPad?

I'm sort of lost on the last few posts. Not a clue what to do.

Aye. Just stream them tho not download.

Space Mackerel

Aye. Just stream them tho not download.

So say, how do I watch episode 51, House of Cards?

I tried a link and it said unavailable

jack D and coke

So say, how do I watch episode 51, House of Cards?

I tried a link and it said unavailable

Go into account and click on downloads history at the bottom.

You'd have to have already used the link, I think....but click on the little camera icon and it'll stream.

Space Mackerel

Go into account and click on downloads history at the bottom.

You'd have to have already used the link, I think....but click on the little camera icon and it'll stream.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :lol:

jack D and coke

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :lol:

Load up Debrid.

Click on account.

Account History at the bottom.

Downloads History: see

It'll bring up a list of the links you've used.

Click on the little camera icon instead of the download link and it'll stream...

Capiche?

Space Mackerel

Load up Debrid.

Click on account.

Account History at the bottom.

Downloads History: see

It'll bring up a list of the links you've used.

Click on the little camera icon instead of the download link and it'll stream...

Capiche?

Sort of. I can see 3 links there since I got my new AFTV box the other day and authorised my account in it.