Kodi again

Unknown user

crunchy frog

It's very easy to use and has been unbelievably reliable. I think the price is back up to ?75 on Amazon however it's well worth that as well.

65 brick at Curry's ATM

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

65 brick at Curry's ATM

I'd grab it quick (if anyone was thinking about it) because they normally go back round about the same time.

Silly question time. Apologies in advance.

I subscribed to sportsmania (seems I got in just before the block) and am using the matrix app on my iPad. I don't have a box or stick for my tv. I subscribed for a week to make sure it worked and I understood how to work it!!!

I must say, it's fan f u c k I n tastic. I'm well impressed.

Now the stupid question, can I run ultimateMania on my iPad through the matrix app??? I can't see anything on the webpage that links to an iOS option? I'm happy with just the sports but if I could pay a little extra and get movies as well, I'd be delighted.

Thanks in advance.

I have been trying to use the matrix app on iPhones but no joy. I can log in using my ultimate mania account no problem but then there are no channels listed? Any ideas?

Edit

Fixed it by using the ultimatemania address instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alyp

Cyprus Jambo

Finally managed to upgrade to fibre broadband, what a difference, I can now watch in HD.  :pleasing:

Graygo - where you stay (I'm sure it was midlothian). Looking to upgrade to fibre purely for KODI so just wanted to see if you are near me (I live very close to the 3rd worse street in Scotland for Broadband). Download at 2MB and KODI works not bad but was terrible for the darts the other night.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with being able to install Kodi onto a Roku Stick?

I've had a look about but not sure that it can be done?

Henry. Henry.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with being able to install Kodi onto a Roku Stick?

I've had a look about but not sure that it can be done?

Pretty sure it can't be done

Graygo - where you stay (I'm sure it was midlothian). Looking to upgrade to fibre purely for KODI so just wanted to see if you are near me (I live very close to the 3rd worse street in Scotland for Broadband). Download at 2MB and KODI works not bad but was terrible for the darts the other night.

I'm in Ormiston, East Lothian mate, was getting just under 3mbps but now just over 30mbps.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Not sure where you are, but I'm in the centre of dalkeith and have BT infinity.

Edit: googled it, take it you're in Mayfield? No idea if infinity is up there.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Cyprus Jambo

It's there now, just waiting on my BT deal finshing this month so I can 'shop around' for best fibre deal although looks like still BT.

Hit n miss! It's a case of trying a few and hope you get lucky. Not had to do it for a while tbh but I had the same issue. Not only that but you'd get English subs and then they wouldn't display anything for the foreign language! There should be quite a few options to try.

Thanks as usual fella!  Just to clarify, am I trying a few different streams or a few different subtitle downloads...??

Can't wait til my wee boy's 8 and can do all my tech!!!!!!!

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks as usual fella! Just to clarify, am I trying a few different streams or a few different subtitle downloads...??

I'd try streams first tbh. I've got lucky with trying different ones however most cases it didn't. If that doesn't work then try different subs.

I should add that I generally don't have this issue now as Real-Debrid seems to have the subs spot on.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

I'd try streams first tbh. I've got lucky with trying different ones however most cases it didn't. If that doesn't work then try different subs.

I should add that I generally don't have this issue now as Real-Debrid seems to have the subs spot on.

Aye, I'm just on exodus.  Will have a play.  Ta muchly

See those Chinese subs you sometimes get. Is there anyway of removing these? Tried turning subs off but that didnt work.

crunchy frog

See those Chinese subs you sometimes get. Is there anyway of removing these? Tried turning subs off but that didnt work.

I think they are hard coded into the review copies they send out in the far east who seem to get new releases first. I'd try another stream if one is available

Try carpet tape across the bottom of the TV screen

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Thanks as usual fella! Just to clarify, am I trying a few different streams or a few different subtitle downloads...??

I had the same problem with lilyhammer and managed to get English subtitles for the parts in Norwegian.

I used open subtitles (sorry can't post a hyperlink) https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-add-and-activate-subtitles-on-xbmc/

Edit: hyperlink worked :)

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

chester copperpot

Decided to have a wee crack at Breaking Bad on exodus as was bored on New Years night.

Now half way through series 4 and have hardly been over the door.

Do The Dance

I'd grab it quick (if anyone was thinking about it) because they normally go back round about the same time.

Cheers, bought one for 65 quid.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers, bought one for 65 quid.

[emoji1303]

If you haven't already done it then robbo's post below is about as easy a way you'll get of putting it onto the AFTV.

The easiest method for getting Kodi or SPMC into a Firestick is firedl, just download that from the firetv store, and you can enter the URL for any app and it will download automatically. There is even some cheat codes to make it easier, these change everyday so you need to go to http://aidymatic.co.uk/firedl-.php

Bad Religion

Is anyone else having problems with SM? Sky sports has been unwatchable the past few weeks, constantly stalling and buffering.

I have BT fibre, have tried resetting everything including rebooting Kodi. Very few devices on my network. Anyone got any suggestions? Doing my tits in.

jack D and coke

Is anyone else having problems with SM? Sky sports has been unwatchable the past few weeks, constantly stalling and buffering.

I have BT fibre, have tried resetting everything including rebooting Kodi. Very few devices on my network. Anyone got any suggestions? Doing my tits in.

Bit of a bugger...what are you using? Can you hardwire your box? Use the tools section to clear your cache etc and maybe try again.

What I tend to do is use calendar and try various streams. Matchday tends to have the same commentary etc anyway.

Bad Religion

Bit of a bugger...what are you using? Can you hardwire your box? Use the tools section to clear your cache etc and maybe try again.

What I tend to do is use calendar and try various streams. Matchday tends to have the same commentary etc anyway.

I just have it running on my laptop and then plug it into the tv with an hdmi cable. It used to work fine, it's just recently it's been like this.

jack D and coke

I just have it running on my laptop and then plug it into the tv with an hdmi cable. It used to work fine, it's just recently it's been like this.

Yeah they've changed software companies and servers of late so it's defo got something to do with that without a doubt.

I take it using the HDS, HDQ or even SD streams isn't helping?

Space Mackerel

Are you on Virgin broadband?

Bad Religion

Yeah they've changed software companies and servers of late so it's defo got something to do with that without a doubt.

I take it using the HDS, HDQ or even SD streams isn't helping?

It works a bit better on the SD channels however it still buffers

jack D and coke

It works a bit better on the SD channels however it still buffers

Could it be something to do with the laptop? Something else running perhaps affecting performance....just a thought btw.

Space Mackerel

I've got BT fibre

There's been problems with Virgin over the Festive period.

I've got an AFTV box, hard wired, BT Infinity and have had zero probs over the Christmas/ NY. All darts, footy etc have been fine.

There's lots of reasons, even the SM Facebook group posted a link on their page saying fairy lights on trees can interrupt wifi signals in homes. Probably best to contact them. [emoji106]

Space Mackerel

Could it be something to do with the laptop? Something else running perhaps affecting performance....just a thought btw.

AVG can cause issues.

Bad Religion

I've been through the BT home hub page and removed all other devices. No Christmas lights, I have a MacBook so no virus protection. It has to be something but can't figure out what. Cheers for your help

jack D and coke

I've been through the BT home hub page and removed all other devices. No Christmas lights, I have a MacBook so no virus protection. It has to be something but can't figure out what. Cheers for your help

No worries man. Maybe ask on their Facebook page anyway and see if somebody has a similar set up might be able to suggest something[emoji1360]

Space Mackerel

Here's my advice. Go out and buy a decent streaming box. 75 notes buys you a 4K AFTV, I just upgraded mine the other day from the old one which I'm giving to my dad. Even Netflix looks crisper with it (courtesy of Rudolfs Mate login over the Festive period) Hard wire it if possible.

Do maintenance every time you log in to Sportsmania and pick a stream for the match that you think is being used less by others. I go to the calendar like jack D does, there is usually about 5 to choose from. The US ones have been 10/10.

Bad Religion

Here's my advice. Go out and buy a decent streaming box. 75 notes buys you a 4K AFTV, I just upgraded mine the other day from the old one which I'm giving to my dad. Even Netflix looks crisper with it (courtesy of Rudolfs Mate login over the Festive period) Hard wire it if possible.

Do maintenance every time you log in to Sportsmania and pick a stream for the match that you think is being used less by others. I go to the calendar like jack D does, there is usually about 5 to choose from. The US ones have been 10/10.

Cheers! I might think about buying a box of it doesn't improve. May also take my laptop round to a mates and see if it's any better on their broadband.

Have just tried a channel through the calendar and it seems to be much better.

Thanks again for your help

Space Mackerel

Cheers! I might think about buying a box of it doesn't improve. May also take my laptop round to a mates and see if it's any better on their broadband.

If you've got a MacBook you can afford a shitey AFTV box pal [emoji12]

Bad Religion

If you've got a MacBook you can afford a shitey AFTV box pal [emoji12]

Haha, we'll see.

Having much more luck with the American stream, miles better.

Space Mackerel

I think 80-90% of the users just go to Sky Sports 1 HD link initially and swamp the server(s) There are back ups and US streams too.

A decent box will pay back in the long term.

The Facebook page is awash with people moaning about the picture quality on their brand new 50-60 inch ?1500 4K TV's they have all recently bought recently. It's likes buying a Ferrari and putting part worn tyres on it if you're streaming with a Firestick or a crap box.

chester copperpot

Got a AFTV box and my HD streams work brilliantly on them now so it was defo my old box that was the problem

Space Mackerel

Got a AFTV box and my HD streams work brilliantly on them now so it was defo my old box that was the problem

There's a lot of old cheap boxes still being sold with unsupported Android OS now.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

chester copperpot

There's a lot of old cheap boxes still being sold with unsupported Android OS now.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

No idea what that means but thanks.......I think :lol:

Bad Religion

I think 80-90% of the users just go to Sky Sports 1 HD link initially and swamp the server(s) There are back ups and US streams too.

A decent box will pay back in the long term.

The Facebook page is awash with people moaning about the picture quality on their brand new 50-60 inch ?1500 4K TV's they have all recently bought recently. It's likes buying a Ferrari and putting part worn tyres on it if you're streaming with a Firestick or a crap box.

Does the aftv box come with kodi installed?

Take it it's pretty easy to add on if not?

Space Mackerel

Nope. Its a piece of piss to add it though

Loads of videos on YouTube how to do it. [emoji106]

jack D and coke

Absolute doddle to add and as good a box as you can buy.

About ?70 the now which is superb value.

Edited by jack D and coke

Bad Religion

Absolute doddle to add and as good a box as you can buy.

About ?70 the now which is superb value.

Sweet, will grab one. Cheers lads

chester copperpot

Sweet, will grab one. Cheers lads

Honestly mate. With it hard wired in to Sportsmani and Exodus you get your money back in a month.

I usually paid for all the ppv boxing matches but no need to now.

Bad Religion

Honestly mate. With it hard wired in to Sportsmani and Exodus you get your money back in a month.

I usually paid for all the ppv boxing matches but no need to now.

Just out of interest does anyone know what Kodi would be like installed on Apple TV? Or just better to get AFTV?