Kodi again

Unknown user

Check the sound in kodi itself sometimes that needs turned up. When playing a movie or whatever press select to bring up the menu that has the play, pause, skip etc go along to the sound option and make sure the volume is turned up. Then boost the sound if need be too.

i mute my android box through the remote all time without meaning to. takes me hours to work out what i did and fix it. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Aw man. Thanks for pishin on ma chips there chief! Found a stream, anyway, just incase anyone needed closure on that saga.

Sorry chief, I loved the first series but the second isn't as good and the 3rd I gave up on

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i mute my android box through the remote all time without meaning to. takes me hours to work out what i did and fix it.

I think the '7' button mutes mine

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I know I keep banging on about this build, but it's great imo.

get the sportsmania build from bigsam.org, then once you've installed you just type in your username and password and JOY

Regarding the bigsam stuff, I had a look at the video on installing it on Kodi and it seemed to say it would replace everything you already had; is that right? 

Regarding the bigsam stuff, I had a look at the video on installing it on Kodi and it seemed to say it would replace everything you already had; is that right?

Yes.

And cheers to LB for the heads up. I've installed bigsam on my android box and I've got that and my pi connected to the same tv so I have my normal setup and a Christmas one

Can't get a stream for the Hamilton-Rangers game in UM, find a decent stream on SD for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

Can't get a stream for the Hamilton-Rangers game in UM, find a decent stream on SD for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was on BT Sports

Struggling to find house of cards season 4. Exodus seems to have the same episode mixed up for loads of them and Salts wasn't working last night

jack D and coke

Finally got the AFTV update however it's not put Kodi back on my main screen! Tried all the usual tricks without success :sob:

Isn't that weird? I couldn't get it on the old set up and as soon as I got the new update it appears! Bizarro man[emoji1]

Rudolf's Mate

Isn't that weird? I couldn't get it on the old set up and as soon as I got the new update it appears! Bizarro man[emoji1]

Mate these boxes (all of them in general) like to **** with your heed! I log out with my Prime account and use my sons and it fecking appears! I even did a factory reset and reinstalled everything.It's minor but still annoying. 

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

jack D and coke

Mate these boxes (all of them in general) like to **** with your heed! I log out with my Prime account and use my sons and it fecking appears! I even done a factory reset and reinstalled everything.It's minor but still annoying.

I've never had the kodi icon appear since I got my 4K box despite trying everything a good few times....then this update and there it is...and yours ****s off[emoji23][emoji23]

Rudolf's Mate

I've never had the kodi icon appear since I got my 4K box despite trying everything a good few times....then this update and there it is...and yours ****s off[emoji23][emoji23]

Mines vanished a few months after I got the 4K box. It was on there for yonks and I decided to pay for Prime then realised it was Aaron signed into the box. I signed him out and I signed in and the ****ing thing vanished :wtf: Like I said, I can sign in as him and it comes back however I then can't use any of the content :vrface:

jack D and coke

Mines vanished a few months after I got the 4K box. It was on there for yonks and I decided to pay for Prime then realised it was Aaron signed into the box. I signed him out and I signed in and the ******* thing vanished :wtf: Like I said, I can sign in as him and it comes back however I then can't use any of the content :vrface:

Mind **** :seething:

[emoji23]

Rudolf's Mate

Mind **** :seething:

[emoji23]

A minor annoyance rectified by FireStarter fork. It'll be seethe territory when it rolls out for 1st gen and the Kodi icon is on the front screen [emoji35]

Does sportsmania show our Hearts tv games (I'm in country but not at game - sorry state of affairs)

I'm trying hearts TV on sportsmania, no joy

Better call Saul

Does sportsmania show our Hearts tv games (I'm in country but not at game - sorry state of affairs)

I have watched hearts TV in the past on this channel ...today all the club team channels seem to be down

chester copperpot

Finally managed to upgrade to fibre broadband, what a difference, I can now watch in HD. :pleasing:

Its great eh?

Watched that movie Sully in HD last night and it was brilliant quality.

Anyone running openelec on a pi? Still on Kodi 15.2 so can't use Build, not that I do. But fancied a tinker

Anyone running openelec on a pi? Still on Kodi 15.2 so can't use Build, not that I do. But fancied a tinker

I moved onto libreelec. They're made up of all the developers from openelec minus the original one - they left because of disagreements over the direction, including the open ended commercial tie up with wetek.

You can go from openelec to libreelec and keep your settings too, check the "Manual Update / Migration from OpenELEC" section at this link

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/

I moved onto libreelec. They're made up of all the developers from openelec minus the original one - they left because of disagreements over the direction, including the open ended commercial tie up with wetek.

You can go from openelec to libreelec and keep your settings too, check the "Manual Update / Migration from OpenELEC" section at this link

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/

Thanks man

I'm clearly thick as mince but I'm confused so can someone help an old git.

I have a Mac and a smart TV.

I want to get Sky on the TV via Kodi.

Can someone give quick instructions how to do this?

Apols if it's posted some where else in the thread.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm clearly thick as mince but I'm confused so can someone help an old git.

I have a Mac and a smart TV.

I want to get Sky on the TV via Kodi.

Can someone give quick instructions how to do this?

Apols if it's posted some where else in the thread.

I've never done it on Mac myself however I'd expect it's as easy as other OS.

Try following this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9jS1hw-6c

Then install some addons such as Exodus https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

And SALTS https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/

Obviously there are tons of others however these will get you started.

Simple question.

What is the best box to get right now?

If it's something running into hundreds then forget it but anything around the ?100 mark will do.

Cheers.

Simple question.

What is the best box to get right now?

If it's something running into hundreds then forget it but anything around the ?100 mark will do.

Cheers.

People on this board seem to think the AFTV and T8 boxes are the best for value and reliability. Bot are available for under 80 quid mate

Started using Spectro instead of exodus. Seems pretty good

Exodus was playing a lot of incorrect streams, seems to be a known issue

Been using this rather than exodus for a while now. Better sources and runs quicker as well

Started using Spectro instead of exodus. Seems pretty good

Exodus was playing a lot of incorrect streams, seems to be a known issue

I have an issue where if I put on one stream and finish watching it or come out of it, any other stream I select will always play the one I had in first.

Does that make sense? :lol:

I'm not a fan of builds, I may have mentioned it, but again Bigsam has done a belter for christmas.

The front screen has old Christmas films, new Christmas films, and even kids films so you can keep your mewling brats at arm's length this festive season.

Great work!

I'm not a fan of builds, I may have mentioned it, but again Bigsam has done a belter for christmas.

The front screen has old Christmas films, new Christmas films, and even kids films so you can keep your mewling brats at arm's length this festive season.

Great work!

Is big Sam an addon if so where can I get it

Is big Sam an addon if so where can I get it

It's a build, available from here

http://bigsam.org/The-Builds/

I put it on a separate device so i can keep my normal one but i suppose on android you could run your normal setup on kodi and the build on spmc or something - I've no idea if profiles work on kodi, never used them

Wonder if anyone can help. I have a stick so only a few add one to keep it light. I'm looking for a film called Mavis. It's a doc about singer Mavis Staples. Can't find it on Exodus or Specto.

Well it comes up but no streams available.

Is it just simply that or is there certain add ons that are better for slightly left field movies?

Cheers

I've never done it on Mac myself however I'd expect it's as easy as other OS.

Try following this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9jS1hw-6c

Then install some addons such as Exodus https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

And SALTS https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/

Obviously there are tons of others however these will get you started.

Thanks,

I owe you a pint.

One thing I've not managed to get is TV channels yet.  I think I need a M3u URL to type in?

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks,

I owe you a pint.

One thing I've not managed to get is TV channels yet. I think I need a M3u URL to type in?

Been a long time since I setup live tv bud however that sound about right. YouTube is your friend however there are also a few on here who've got decent knowledge of it.

Should add look into getting Mania.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

This may be a long shot, but does anybody know of any add-ons which has a stream for watching The Bill, I would buy dvds but when the price is ?40 for half a season I'd be skint in no time.

This may be a long shot, but does anybody know of any add-ons which has a stream for watching The Bill, I would buy dvds but when the price is ?40 for half a season I'd be skint in no time.

Exodus. Open exodus, scroll down down to search, type in The Bill and Bob's your uncle.

Exodus. Open exodus, scroll down down to search, type in The Bill and Bob's your uncle.

Phoenix has it as well in the incredible TV section

chester copperpot

I think it was Jack dee and coke who recommended bigsam for me and it has been brilliant.

Much much easier for me.

I paid 60 for the fire tv box and 26 quid for SM and its been paid for already in just a couple of weeks.

I ****ing love the SM stuff but my advice would be to get a box which supports HD stuff.

I changed boxes after getting annoyed because I couldnt get HD stuff and the results are night an day.

Very rarely get problems with SM now!

I'm sure it's probably been covered but at 93 pages I've not got the energy to trawl through and find out so...

If I wanted to record from Kodi (legalities aside) how would I go about it?

The wife and I like to have a lot of stuff saved for instant access on our planner and this is a major reason for sticking with sky for so long however sky are pricing themselves well out of our range now, it's just not worth the money anymore..