Foundation tribute kit (incl. photos)

jimmy the jambo

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is it? Personally, my contribution goes off through PayPal each month and I don't miss it. Given the retention rate of contributors sits at 99% as well then I don't really think that keeping people "on side" has been an issue. I actually think the real challenge will be when FoH take over and the hard of thinking think they are running the show.

The shirts will be popular, they will sell out. People want them. Granted some do not, like yourself and Paul Shark. Both perfectly reasonable positions. The only way to keep the majority who want one and the minority who don't happy, is to make them and let the people decide whether to buy them or not. If they weren't made then the only people who would be catered for by not making them would be the small number of pledgers who don't want one. By making them and letting everyone decide, then everyone should be happy.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it? Personally, my contribution goes off through PayPal each month and I don't miss it. Given the retention rate of contributors sits at 99% as well then I don't really think that keeping people "on side" has been an issue. I actually think the real challenge will be when FoH take over and the hard of thinking think they are running the show.

Hard of thinking ?

Explain, Spock !

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hard of thinking ?

Explain, Spock !

I mean the members within our support whose brain capacity makes Forrest Gump look like Stephen Hawking.

I mean the members within our support whose brain capacity makes Forrest Gump look like Stephen Hawking.

Then theres the members who are that far up their own arse they think they are intellectually superior to everyone else.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Then theres the members who are that far up their own arse they think they are intellectually superior to everyone else.

Quite. Better to have more of them.

As I have said before, the club should continue to be run by professionals on the Hearts Board and not by the FOH Board, which should remain hands off and entirely separate. It's role is not to run the club but to ensure that it is properly run and that our investment is secure.

You can't run a club or any other organisation by committee or by trying to please everyone.

Francis Albert

As I have said before, the club should continue to be run by professionals on the Hearts Board and not by the FOH Board, which should remain hands off and entirely separate. It's role is not to run the club but to ensure that it is properly run and that our investment is secure.

You can't run a club or any other organisation by committee or by trying to please everyone.

I think it will help to dispel the myth (or nightmare) that FoH will be in any way directly involved in the day to day running of the club when FoH eventually publish the proposed governance arrangements for consulatation with members.

On topic, I wouldn't be interested in the "tribute" shirt if it was given away free. For those who want it and can afford it fine. ?45 does seem a tad exploititatIive to me. But then Hearts is a business.

Their money is the same colour as ours.....anyway...Tom Clancy's post, above, is spot on. 

Did someone on this thread really say he was glad there are plenty of hearts fans that agree with him and won't be buying this strip?

What a chump.

Nelly Terraces

I think it will help to dispel the myth (or nightmare) that FoH will be in any way directly involved in the day to day running of the club when FoH eventually publish the proposed governance arrangements for consulatation with members.

On topic, I wouldn't be interested in the "tribute" shirt if it was given away free. For those who want it and can afford it fine. ?45 does seem a tad exploititatIive to me. But then Hearts is a business.

I'm ****ing minted and have plenty spare wedge, 45 quid, not even the price of a decent meal. I'm having one of these, and glad they've priced it at a level that prevents any old riff raff purchasing one. Reassuringly expensive, to coin the phrase from a well known beer.

I'm ****ing minted and have plenty spare wedge, 45 quid, not even the price of a decent meal. I'm having one of these, and glad they've priced it at a level that prevents any old riff raff purchasing one. Reassuringly expensive, to coin the phrase from a well known beer.

Haha. Couldn't put it better myself. I'm glad that in selling this to the people who have helped save the club, they have further strengthened the finances of FoH.

A one off payment of ?45 is not much at all. It's a night in a standard boozer wi a snack in between or a half decent 2 course meal with a drink.

Francis Albert

I would drink Stella Artois but only if they were giving it away. Horrible stuff, though the 4% is OK.

Francis Albert

Indeed, Geoff, but in order for Heart of Midlothian to appear on the 15/16...16/17...fixture lists, we need everyone who is onboard, to continue to dig deep.

A decent way to keep the pledgers on-side.

Sorry I don't really understand this. Why would Hearts existence be at threat if all pledges ceased tomorrow? And no-one bought the shirt? I am happy to continue my pledge forever but I kind of resent doing so under false pretences.

Honestly don't know what some people were expecting out of this. The meaning of it is far more important than the aesthetics (which aren't even that bad anyway). It's a chance to have your name on an official Hearts piece of kit as a thank you for saving the club. That alone is good enough for me. :lol:

Good post, agree with this. Pretty sure it's been mentioned that the team will wear this in a game. How amazing is that having your name on the teams strip? All of us saved this club

correct spend more than that just going to a run of the mill home game

Fair enough, that's what I'll be doing.

I don't think they have done much wrong since taking over but for the first time this feels like an own goal. ?45 as a commercial sale perhaps but surely a discount for the pledgers who have and continue to keep our club alive

I disagree. It was always a fund raising idea in conjunction with acknowledging the FoH members so I always expected standard pricing.

I think it would be a wasted opportunity if these were being given away at cost price.

I like it, I'm buying it, it's almost exactly what I was expecting.

I really don't know what a top with 16,000 words on it was expected to look like if not this tbh

I couldn't give a toss what the strip looks like. As long as my name is on it. I've bought it and it will probably just end up in a drawer. But it's a meaningful gesture and more money towards FOH and the club.

Can't say I can argue with the boy that says its overpriced. The principle is that it is a reward/recognition for the pledgers who have supported our club in staying alive. So far so good. ?45 though? Seriously? That feels like exploitation to me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You expect them just to give them away for nothing?

Next some folk will want free entry into games because they are pledgers.

I am not over the moon with the design, but that is just a personal opinion.

I cannot imagine that any FoH pledger would not want a strip for sentimental purposes.

For the folk who are not buying a strip, can they pm me with their real names so I can score them out please!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I cannot imagine that any FoH pledger would not want a strip for sentimental purposes.

For the folk who are not buying a strip, can they pm me with their real names so I can score them out please!

Yelnick McWawa

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I got a txt, you get a txt ?

Yeah. I was just relieved to see my name spelt right. Shame about your first name being spelled wrong. :(

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Yeah. I was just relieved to see my name spelt right. Shame about your first name being spelled wrong. :(

Its not spelled wrong, why do you come on here persisting with all these lies and deceit.

Wrong un.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Its not spelled wrong, why do you come on here persisting with all these lies and deceit.

Wrong un.

:lol:

That's not how you spell the name I hear most people calling you, that's for sure. :smug:

I think it would have looked much better in the sky blue colour that features in the badge with the writing in a less bold colour - white, silver, grey etc.

I just don't like the design. It's too busy.

None of us do this to be rewarded. As you say Geoff, the fact that we still have a team to support is reward enough for most people.

The strip is a "thank you" from FOH in as much as the names of 8000+ pledgers are their for all to see. The time, effort & cost to get this to this point shouldn't be underestimated.

If people don't want to buy the strip, that's OK. It's not cost them anything so no harm done.

For those of us that do want to buy one, we'll have a permanent reminder of a poignant time in our long history and what we all contributed to save us from oblivion.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

:lol:

That's not how you spell the name I hear most people calling you, that's for sure. :smug:

No arguments on that score, my shirt with my name on has been ordered and I'm getting your name erased, up ye!

I'll be sporting one during my next holiday in the sun. Should get the locals interested at least. I'm assuming they have got my name right of course. :whistling:

None of us do this to be rewarded. As you say Geoff, the fact that we still have a team to support is reward enough for most people.

The strip is a "thank you" from FOH in as much as the names of 8000+ pledgers are their for all to see. The time, effort & cost to get this to this point shouldn't be underestimated.

If people don't want to buy the strip, that's OK. It's not cost them anything so no harm done.

For those of us that do want to buy one, we'll have a permanent reminder of a poignant time in our long history and what we all contributed to save us from oblivion.

:spoton:

I just don't get all those folk who are saying it's rank, it's a rip-off and I won't be buying it etc.

Well Don't Buy It, Nobody's Forcing You to Buy It.

When I started pledging money to the FOH, I never once thought or expected anything in return apart from hoping that I would have a club to support.

Personally I think a lot of people have forgotten just how close the club came to folding.

I don't care what the shirt looks like as I will not be buying it as a fashion item.

I will be buying the shirt not just because it has my name on it, but also because of what it symbolizes and will be a constant reminder to a very dark chapter in our history and how the supporters united as one to save the club, many of whom couldn't afford to but did so anyway and continue to do so.

The shirt is what it says it is - A Tribute to all of those people who helped in their own way to save the club, anybody who slags that off needs to have a long hard look at themselves. 

Sorry if this has already been covered but will the shirt have the save the children logo on ?

Am almost certain when it was announced they said it would be sponsor free.

One thing the strip does show is that we need to have a grey / silver away top more regularly.

Hard to beat the mid 80's one

One thing the strip does show is that we need to have a grey / silver away top more regularly.

Could we just change it for the last couple of matches of the season though ?

My names on it but im undecided on whether to buy it.

I think its a great idea and its something i would definitely buy .

Im putting in a fair bit of dosh into the club with season tickets bairns strip and foh.

I unfortunately am not minted and ?45 is a night on the lash that i dont get enough of.

So please do not score my name out.

Randle P McMurphy

You expect them just to give them away for nothing?

Next some folk will want free entry into games because they are pledgers.

Where do you get from my comment that I thought the shirt should be free? If ?45 is cost price then fair enough otherwise it feels like profiteering

Hearts have created a brilliant new shirt to pay tribute to the 8,000 or so fans that helped save the club from financial meltdown.

The Scottish club entered administration back in 2013-14 having been saddled with a ?28million debt, and could have gone out of business.

But thousands of fans pledged money to the Foundation of Hearts, allowing businesswoman Ann Budge to gain control of the club and save it from going bust.

And their efforts have been commemorated in the form of the Foundation Tribute jersey, which is the club?s new official third kit.

It bears the names of all the fans who donated to save the club in its darkest hour, and it?s so nice that we reckon it?s going to boost Hearts? coffers all on its own.

:spoton:

I just don't get all those folk who are saying it's rank, it's a rip-off and I won't be buying it etc.

Well Don't Buy It, Nobody's Forcing You to Buy It.

When I started pledging money to the FOH, I never once thought or expected anything in return apart from hoping that I would have a club to support.

Personally I think a lot of people have forgotten just how close the club came to folding.

I don't care what the shirt looks like as I will not be buying it as a fashion item.

I will be buying the shirt not just because it has my name on it, but also because of what it symbolizes and will be a constant reminder to a very dark chapter in our history and how the supporters united as one to save the club, many of whom couldn't afford to but did so anyway and continue to do so.

The shirt is what it says it is - A Tribute to all of those people who helped in their own way to save the club, anybody who slags that off needs to have a long hard look at themselves. 

Couldn't put it better.

Personally I don't tend to buy the tops. As a short fat bar steward who doesn't do any exercise to warrant wearing a sports top and looks crap in them there is normally no point.

However I am buying this as a keep sake (like the 1914 tribute top) as it is great to have my name on a Heart's top. I am sure I am not the only person who will do this. One way

to look at it is how many THIRD choice tops would Hearts normally sell? If this sells double or treble (or even more perhaps) on that, then this is a very good thing for the club.

It is good that the club are trying to recognize the supporters efforts in keeping the club alive. Yes it is more money for fans to spend, but the club can't start giving stuff away, and

no one is forced to buy it. Great idea, and I am happy to join in by buying one.

Where do you get from my comment that I thought the shirt should be free? If ?45 is cost price then fair enough otherwise it feels like profiteering

I don't, if you read my comment correctly you would see that it is I who is asking you if they should be given them away for free.

Archived