Foundation tribute kit (incl. photos)

jimmy the jambo

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top brings back memories of our silver strip of the past back in the 80's

It's a commemorative top and should be thought of as such.

As such will certainly purchase it.

PS better collar as well

Apologies if I'm really behind here. But is there a design in the shirt? Like a picture?

http://www.footballkitnews.com/17251/new-hearts-third-kit-2015-16-puma-heart-of-midlothian-foundation-tribute-top-15-16/

From all the other pictures, it would look like it's just a list of names, but the last image in that article makes it look like there's a skyline design or something.

Could be a window reflection in the image??

From all the other pictures, it would look like it's just a list of names, but the last image in that article makes it look like there's a skyline design or something.

Could be a window reflection in the image??

It looks like the view from the Wheatfield but surely it's not? It would be in the description?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It looks like the view from the Wheatfield but surely it's not? It would be in the description?

It does, that's the first time I've noticed it too!

EDIT: I don't think it is though, it's surely just the reflection from the window?

It does, that's the first time I've noticed it too!

EDIT: I don't think it is though, it's surely just the reflection from the window?

No looking at it again, that third photo, on the sleeve it's very 'reflective'. I assume this shirt is in the store window and the cameraman has snapped it through the glass. Fooled me for a minute though! :)

I think it looks terrible personally and I think it's scandalous that Hearts are marketing it as a " thank you" to fans. I have no problem what so ever with Hearts/FoH putting out a 3rd top as a way of making money. But let's be honest about it. If it had been this seasons Away top then yes it would have been a great gesture. I pay my monthly subscription to FoH and am more than happy to do so. But kind of resent being asked for ?45 for another poor quality replica top to thank myself for doing so.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think it looks terrible personally and I think it's scandalous that Hearts are marketing it as a " thank you" to fans. I have no problem what so ever with Hearts/FoH putting out a 3rd top as a way of making money. But let's be honest about it. If it had been this seasons Away top then yes it would have been a great gesture. I pay my monthly subscription to FoH and am more than happy to do so. But kind of resent being asked for ?45 for another poor quality replica top to thank myself for doing so.

Surely then, you just choose not to buy it?

Surely then, you just choose not to buy it?

Yes you're right. I can chose not to buy it and thankfully' for Puma/Hearts/ FoH coffers, from looking at the responses from people on here plenty will. Just as a side issue though. Any idea how much you will be swelling Puma's profits for the priviledge of being thanked for your FoH pledge ?

I can see where you are coming from. I guess since we are members and future owners it would be nice to get something tangible back at some point, even the FoH badges we had to pay ?1 donation for.

But at the same time, these things do cost money, the strips wouldn't have been that cheap and any profit will I assume be going straight back into the club.

For what it's worth I bought the top, I wouldn't want to miss out. But like I said I can see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yes you're right. I can chose not to buy it and thankfully' for Puma/Hearts/ FoH coffers, from looking at the responses from people on here plenty will. Just as a side issue though. Any idea how much you will be swelling Puma's profits for the priviledge of being thanked for your FoH pledge ?

No idea, I don't care about that. I'm just not sure what the problem is. If you don't want it, it's easy to just not buy it. Puma made the thing, so I don't grudge them getting paid for their work.

By The Light..

Proud moment. That mad russian arsehole nearly killed this club and we, the fans, stepped up, with Ms Budge and the FOH, and now look at us, got our names on a top as a tribute to help save and help to prosper the club we all love HHGH

Caspian Primrose

Will probably buy this. Don't think it looks particularly great or terrible. I don't really give a toss, my name's on a ****ing Hearts top! (I hope)

It just looks really lazy to me, the design is only going to appeal to subscribers and not the general merchandise buyers so it's probably a big opportunity lost.

No idea, I don't care about that. I'm just not sure what the problem is. If you don't want it, it's easy to just not buy it. Puma made the thing, so I don't grudge them getting paid for their work.

Is it the best way to thank us for our FoH contributions ? Could they have done something a little less tacky that would have seen more of the ?45 going to Hearts/FoH ? 

Is it the best way to thank us for our FoH contributions ? Could they have done something a little less tacky that would have seen more of the ?45 going to Hearts/FoH ? 

Tacky....why is it tacky ?.  It's exactly what we were informed it was going to be and it was never meant to be an 'official strip'...the only thing tacky is your post.

Deary, deary me!!!

Folk want to buy it fair enough but it looks pretty tacky to me although I can see the idea behind it

Wont be purchasing one.

Thanks for your support.

It's a great gesture by the club.

It's just a shame they've made such a shit job of it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that.

Tacky....why is it tacky ?.  It's exactly what we were informed it was going to be and it was never meant to be an 'official strip'...the only thing tacky is your post.

Ok sorry I'll change the word tacky for over-priced. 

Ok sorry I'll change the word tacky for over-priced. 

That is a point worth debating...I can never understand why any strips are priced over ?39.99 and even then think that is excessive.

alwaysthereinspirit

FWIW here's a pic of 'my' part of the top for any name searchers...

This post just scared me. There is one other name there with my surname but I'm not the next name. Please, please, please don't let my name not be on there. I just ordered it this morning. I like the shirt.

FWIW here's a pic of 'my' part of the top for any name searchers...

It's worth ?45 just to have a shirt with the name Clifford Luckhog on it! :lol:

That is a point worth debating...I can never understand why any strips are priced over ?39.99 and even then think that is excessive.

Like others have said nobody or hardly anybody buys a football top for the quality or style of the garment.  Clubs like ours have to maximise their revenue from us the fans because of shit TV/ Sponsorship deals. So paying an extra ?5 for a top is fair enough if the money is going to the club and not the manufacturer. I think most people would agree with that. But is producing a 3rd top and marketing it as a " thank you" really necessary ? 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Like others have said nobody or hardly anybody buys a football top for the quality or style of the garment. Clubs like ours have to maximise their revenue from us the fans because of shit TV/ Sponsorship deals. So paying an extra ?5 for a top is fair enough if the money is going to the club and not the manufacturer. I think most people would agree with that. But is producing a 3rd top and marketing it as a " thank you" really necessary ?

It is if you like such things, as I do. I'll buy two. That's my right and choice, just as its yours to not buy it. If they hadn't made it only one of us would have been able to exercise our right to buy it or not. ;)

Randle P McMurphy

Can't say I can argue with the boy that says its overpriced. The principle is that it is a reward/recognition for the pledgers who have supported our club in staying alive. So far so good. ?45 though? Seriously? That feels like exploitation to me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

**** we need a win badly to cheer up some of the miserable ***** about here.

We saved our club last year and we are marking that achievement with a gesture. Doesn't matter what it looks like

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't say I can argue with the boy that says its overpriced. The principle is that it is a reward/recognition for the pledgers who have supported our club in staying alive. So far so good. ?45 though? Seriously? That feels like exploitation to me

Very expensive to produce apparently due to the unique design of having 8000 names on it

Geoff Kilpatrick

**** we need a win badly to cheer up some of the miserable ***** about here.

We saved our club last year and we are marking that achievement with a gesture. Doesn't matter what it looks like

That's all well and good. Personally, the only "gesture" I needed to see was Heart of Midlothian on a fixture list in 2014/15. Job done!

Diadora Van Basten

the message from Hearts is, if you don't want to be exploited don't go near the shop!

That's all well and good. Personally, the only "gesture" I needed to see was Heart of Midlothian on a fixture list in 2014/15. Job done!

Indeed, Geoff, but in order for Heart of Midlothian to appear on the 15/16...16/17...fixture lists, we need everyone who is onboard, to continue to dig deep.

A decent way to keep the pledgers on-side.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Indeed, Geoff, but in order for Heart of Midlothian to appear on the 15/16...16/17...fixture lists, we need everyone who is onboard, to continue to dig deep.

A decent way to keep the pledgers on-side.

Is it? Personally, my contribution goes off through PayPal each month and I don't miss it. Given the retention rate of contributors sits at 99% as well then I don't really think that keeping people "on side" has been an issue. I actually think the real challenge will be when FoH take over and the hard of thinking think they are running the show.

Randle P McMurphy

the message from Hearts is, if you don't want to be exploited don't go near the shop!

Fair enough, that's what I'll be doing.

I don't think they have done much wrong since taking over but for the first time this feels like an own goal. ?45 as a commercial sale perhaps but surely a discount for the pledgers who have and continue to keep our club alive

Archived