Foundation tribute kit (incl. photos)

jimmy the jambo

If you stare at it long enough in the right way, a 3D image of Robbo banging in a goal against Hibs appears.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope my hun missus never sees this top and asks why my names on it, she might not be too amused to find out where her pocket money is going....

I think the top is quite smart will probably wear it a couple of times then get it framed but with the surname of Young it will no doubt appear round about my arsehole.

Hadn't really thought there wouldn't be kids tops to buy so it looks like I'll just be getting 1 rather than 3. Would have been good to get one for each of the boys since their names are on it but understand they would find it hard to estimate demand for kids ones. Will just get the 1 and frame it for us all.

Lets face it its not really something you would wear but its a one off and just something you would like to keep innit

I'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. I'm not sure what else people were expecting from a shirt with lots of text on it. As far as shirts with lots of text on it go, I think it looks exactly as you'd expect... Texty. :)

I think it's alright, and I'm not even a football jersey fan generally speaking. And anyway, the meaning behind the shirt is the important thing for me. I'll be getting one for sure.

It's an abomination, but it's not supposed to be an amazing kit. It's pretty much as I expected for a shirt with thousands of names all over it.

I'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. I'm not sure what else people were expecting from a shirt with lots of text on it. As far as shirts with lots of text on it go, I think it looks exactly as you'd expect... Texty. :)

I think it's alright, and I'm not even a football jersey fan generally speaking. And anyway, the meaning behind the shirt is the important thing for me. I'll be getting one for sure.

Exactly where I am with it.........not sure what people were expecting having to put 8000 names on a piece of material??

?45 is a rip off. The retro tribute strip is only ?20 in the Hearts store, and while it isn't made by Puma, it's still good quality. It also doesn't feature any of Puma's branding which is nice.

Sure, this is an official strip and the team could wear it for a match, I think they should've gone down the route of making it a memorabilia kit instead and used the same manufacture as the retro tribute strip so we could have it for much cheaper. I don't care if the team wears it for a match, it's for the fans and if we have to fork out ?45 just so the team could wear it (thanks Puma) then it's not worth it.

Really disappointed...

Malcolm Tucker

It does look like a spreadsheet but it's actually growing on me.

Got a hint of the 90s about it and on the pitch I think it'll look grand.

Looks fine to me, Been trying to order since 9am, website crashed. Wee bit disappointed there is no kids sizes available. 

Anyone heading into the store able to take some close ups? 

Exactly where I am with it.........not sure what people were expecting having to put 8000 names on a piece of material??

I think we've maybe had our expectations raised a little too much by *that* amazing strip two seasons ago. We're spoilt rotten. :biggrin:

People worked hard to make this happen and I'm certain that they would have considered and discounted lots of design ideas for various reasons as part of the process. For a jersey covered in text, I think it looks as good as it possibly can.

Would've been much better if it was plain black. With names in black. Then it would be a top with 8000 names written on it and really smart too.

Issue with kids sizes are that there will be very few kids paying up who would have qualified for their name to be on it, and it would also have been difficult to fit the names on the smaller tops.

Went down to look at the display.

It's actually ok. Not for wearing. Definately not.

Like has been said, it's the gesture. But I expected it to be a little different.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

finally got the page working after constant attempts at refreshing and every time one thing like the "add to cart" function was missing, got one ordered for moi and the auld man's christmas pressie sorted

How bad is the shop website!

Only want to pre-order and then pick up from shop but only option seems to be the ?5.95 standard delivery..... ?5.95!!!!

I wonder how many of those slagging it off have their names on it? Not many I'll wager. Maybe a bit of sour grapes going on here...

Looks a bit like the old Man U top that got switched at half time when they were getting pumped from Southampton.

Great gesture but looks terrible. For the folk asking what they should have done:

parma_fan_tribute_shirt.jpg

Yes.

Having seen some of the other tribute strips I'd have thought we could've produced something a bit less blah.

Still....

I wonder how many of those slagging it off have their names on it? Not many I'll wager. Maybe a bit of sour grapes going on here...

Please be joking, tell me you aren't trying to imply folk are jealous that their poorly spelt name isn't on the mingin' top in miniscule text :rofl:

Even though I've taken the route to slag it off i reckon it wouldn't look too bad with maroon socks and shorts.

It's at this moment my friends and family discover that I don't contribute any money and therefore not a PHM :(

Yes. Noticed a couple of mine missing.

****s.

Archived