Foundation tribute kit (incl. photos)

jimmy the jambo

Extract from the news item on club website.  Slightly different answer, see end of second paragraph:

"This shirt does not just feature a list of fans? names; it pays fitting tribute to the 8,000 and more supporters who have together saved this great club.?

The complicated production process of this unique jersey meant the manual checking of over 8,000 names on fabric and on computer screens many times and it is perhaps inevitable there may be a slight hiccup somewhere on the shirt. However, we believe the upside of such a tribute will outweigh any such hiccups as the shirt looks fantastic. Those whose names fall behind the club crest or puma logo will find that their names are repeated on another part of the jersey.

All the featured names were supplied to the manufacturer by the Foundation of Hearts. Any queries or concerns regarding any names should be directed to the Foundation of Hearts."

No names under the badge.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks class, no easy way to put 8,000 names on a top and I will be proud to wear it with my name on it.

Well done hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite sure it is something I would wear, but certainly a shirt to frame on the wall as there is a great story behind it.

In terms of looking crap...do many adults actually look at normal football strips and think "there's a stylish piece of clothing that would be a great addition to my wardrobe"??

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is this shirt so that people can brag and show that they "are proper hearts fans" ?

Money maker though.

It's a way of thanking the fans who helped save the club and simultaneously generating cash for the foundation. Can't see why anyone would find anything negative about this initiative.

Why do people have to spoil something with so many negative comments?  This is just a bit of fun and a nice gesture. Some of the comments on here are pretty disrespectful to the FOH team who have worked so hard in the background on this and other projects that are contributing to the Foundation and the running of Hearts.   It's not the squad's main strip and no one is forcing you to buy it. 

I'll buy it and will keep it as a nice souvenir of the time I saved my football club.

The more I see it, the more I like it.

Hearts have needed another Grey shirt for a while, and whilst this technically isn't grey, it looks it from a distance.  Hopefully it leads on to similarly designed shirts in the future.

Why do people have to spoil something with so many negative comments?  This is just a bit of fun and a nice gesture. Some of the comments on here are pretty disrespectful to the FOH team who have worked so hard in the background on this and other projects that are contributing to the Foundation and the running of Hearts.   It's not the squad's main strip and no one is forcing you to buy it. 

I'll buy it and will keep it as a nice souvenir of the time I saved my football club.

Spot on. Great post. 

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That top will look fantastic paired up with pair of maroon jogging trousers and a cup of Horlicks come night night time.

Fantastic !!!!

The Great Khali

I like it.

Got more character than the actual kits this season!

What the **** does that even mean?

I would understand if he said characters.

He didn't though. He said character and I too don't understand what he means.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why do people have to spoil something with so many negative comments? This is just a bit of fun and a nice gesture. Some of the comments on here are pretty disrespectful to the FOH team who have worked so hard in the background on this and other projects that are contributing to the Foundation and the running of Hearts. It's not the squad's main strip and no one is forcing you to buy it.

It's a forum and people express opinions.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Quick question - i don't have this season's top but will buy this.  Those of you that have a puma top, do they run small or are they true to size? I normally wear XL - would XL be tight or just right?

Kalamazoo Jambo

I'll probably buy one (my name should be on it) but neither the club nor the FoH are exempt from criticism.

Extract from the news item on club website. Slightly different answer, see end of second paragraph:

"This shirt does not just feature a list of fans? names; it pays fitting tribute to the 8,000 and more supporters who have together saved this great club.?

The complicated production process of this unique jersey meant the manual checking of over 8,000 names on fabric and on computer screens many times and it is perhaps inevitable there may be a slight hiccup somewhere on the shirt. However, we believe the upside of such a tribute will outweigh any such hiccups as the shirt looks fantastic. Those whose names fall behind the club crest or puma logo will find that their names are repeated on another part of the jersey.

All the featured names were supplied to the manufacturer by the Foundation of Hearts. Any queries or concerns regarding any names should be directed to the Foundation of Hearts."

Cheers for that! Good to know.

The Massie / "Massey" family surely didn't get the spelling of their own name wrong?

I was in ealier having a wee shufty and Robbo was doing the same. He was checking out the Massey name and said the one in the shop was a mockup so it may be able to be corrected before they put them into production for November

Really struggling to see whats wrong with it, looks great in my opinion.

CPLEUyqW8AATFZQ.jpg

Thought it looked really good and couldnt see what people were moaning about.

Then i seen this.

It's a forum and people express opinions.

That's right. Although be careful, disagree with the average hearts supporter and your posting style puts you on a 'suspicious looking island'.

Turns out I've got enough points for the souvenir plot - lovely stuff. Presume the club will be in touch fairly soon and I don't need to chase them?

It's not a club matter. It's FOH you will need to chase if you don't hear anything soon.

It's not a club matter. It's FOH you will need to chase if you don't hear anything soon.

Sorry - did mean FOH. My bad. Emailed them and they very quickly replied letting me know. Great to see. 

Anyone got a photo of the BACK of the kit.

My names not on it but my auld boy is. And i identified it from the 'official' release pic (even if it was in the 'evening' news frnt cover at 6am

I like it. If others dont so be it. But be realistic as to what can be done with 8000 names

Its not a fashion item.If you saved the club or not. I never buy a top, will buy this tho. Would anyone buy one that names not on it ? Going tomorrow to have a look in the shop and order mine.

I'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. I'm not sure what else people were expecting from a shirt with lots of text on it. As far as shirts with lots of text on it go, I think it looks exactly as you'd expect... Texty. :)

I think it's alright, and I'm not even a football jersey fan generally speaking. And anyway, the meaning behind the shirt is the important thing for me. I'll be getting one for sure.

As in:

I'm too texty for my shirt?

I'm texty and you know it?

Looks okay.  Will probably get one.

Maybe it would look nicer without all those annoying names on it spoiling it. Or if just a single person had saved us.. Mr WONGA. his name would okay on it yeah?

::troll:::'>

Has anyone managed to take any high resolution images. Would quite like to see where my name is and won't make it to the shop until next week. Surname begins Re if anyone can remember?

Is this shirt so that people can brag and show that they "are proper hearts fans" ?

Money maker though.

For once, yes. And I don't see a problem with that

Was just in the shop and spotted my name above the puma logo. However it's slightly higher on the strip in the window. No 2 strips will be identical but hopefully the names will be in roughly the same place.

Was just in the shop and spotted my name above the puma logo. However it's slightly higher on the strip in the window. No 2 strips will be identical but hopefully the names will be in roughly the same place.

Maybe a size issue?

Maybe a size issue?

Might well be. I'm fairly happy to have made the front.

I just had a look at the one in the shop window and they have indeed missed my name off but included my son's name twice. FoH account shows the correct name and has done since I got emailed login details. Email fired off to see what they say

I just had a look at the one in the shop window and they have indeed missed my name off but included my son's name twice. FoH account shows the correct name and has done since I got emailed login details. Email fired off to see what they say

Maybe someone has the same name as your son? Disappointing yours isn't there though.

I'll not be buying til I make sure my name is on it.

Two ordered - one to frame for posterity and one to wear with huge pride, and I couldn't care less what it looks like or what anyone else thinks !

Maybe someone has the same name as your son? Disappointing yours isn't there though.

I'll not be buying til I make sure my name is on it.

I'd bet my house there's not another person in the country with the same name let alone contributing to FoH!

Seymour M Hersh

Is it on sale for the rest of the season?

I want one but won't be able to afford one this month or next.

It'll be on sale in the shop mid November but you can pre-order it now. Had a look at it in the shop today and it's brilliant. Took a photo of my name and will definitely be buying one. 

So are there high res pics available to see if you're names on it?

I was hoping for some too. Will have to pop in on Sunday and have a look I think.

Folk want to buy it fair enough but it looks pretty tacky to me although I can see the idea behind it

Wont be purchasing one.

Archived