Foundation tribute kit (incl. photos)

jimmy the jambo

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine they spell the names as its displayed on your FOH account? It'll just be imported from the database.

Any misspelling would possibly be the donators fault. I could be taking pish though.

we have a fan called Aardvark?

Yours sincerely,

Zebedee Zzzzzzeppelin

Quite a few fans on here could be described as "Aardvark"

12038241_10154355761454762_6900583679457

Thought I would spend hours trying to locate my name to see if it was actually there and the first photo ... there it is ! 

In close proximity to Bauld and MacKay too  ... delighted, probably buy one now.

I'm wondering if the names repeat throughout the shirt. After Z do they just go back to Aardvark and start again?

I'd assume the names were sized so that the top is covered from A all the way to Z and no more. If yer name starts with Z I'd say your mention will be at the very bottom of the shirt.

Might be wrong tho ;-)

I imagine they spell the names as its displayed on your FOH account? It'll just be imported from the database.

Any misspelling would possibly be the donators fault. I could be taking pish though.

Good shout. You're probably spot on. I mean, they never asked us for our names did they?

Could've been a nice wee touch tho, givin folk the chance to use their nicknames or twitter handles or something. Might've made it a wee bit more interesting I guess!

Good shout. You're probably spot on. I mean, they never asked us for our names did they?

Could've been a nice wee touch tho, givin folk the chance to use their nicknames or twitter handles or something. Might've made it a wee bit more interesting I guess!

Haha I realise now just how daft my post is!

I'd assume the names were sized so that the top is covered from A all the way to Z and no more. If yer name starts with Z I'd say your mention will be at the very bottom of the shirt.

Might be wrong tho ;-)

If 'M' is near the badge then it's maybe a block across the chest they are all in or at least only go down to near the gut unless we have a massive proportion of fans with surname beginning with a letter in second half of the alphabet?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Will be getting my name embroidered over

Eh? You're going to buy the strip then embroider over your own name? What for?

He's definitely right. Pulled from a database. Whatever you registered your name as is how it will appear on this strip. Typos included. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Erm! So it stands out on a fat jambos top.

:facepalm:

I totally thought he meant he was going to cover his name up! :lol:

I get it now.

jambo-in-furness

:facepalm:

I totally thought he meant he was going to cover his name up! :lol:

I get it now.

I have a doctorate in embroidery

They should save space and print duplicate names only once. All the Alan Smiths will think it is them. :lol:

I was thinking this too. Save some space, take out the duplicates, and surely no one would be any the wiser.

I really hope there are some Hugh Jazz and Richard Head's hidden in that top :lol:

I was thinking this too. Save some space, take out the duplicates, and surely no one would be any the wiser.

I really hope there are some Hugh Jazz and Richard Head's hidden in that top :lol:

What if 3 generations of Dougal McBam are all paying in and looking for individual menchies? You know these McBams

King Of The Cat Cafe

I once got a phone call from a guy called Hugh Jordan. Except he had a very thick Scottish accent and what I heard was 'huge organ'.

(Apologies to any other Hugh Jordans that might be looking in)

Guess The Crowd

Thought I would spend hours trying to locate my name to see if it was actually there and the first photo ... there it is ! 

In close proximity to Bauld and MacKay too  ... delighted, probably buy one now.

Four above you!

I'm away into the shop today to get a good deek at it. Hope my name is actually in the same place as the original photie of it

chuck berrys hairline

So more or less the same as the away kit but with letters horrendous own goal I think.

My word i have to say it's rank, better collar than our actual kits though.

I don't like it either, will still be buying it though for obvious reasons.

Not a fan of the collar, but yes it is a better collar than the actual kits.

Looks shite but I'll still buy it.

They've basically admitted that they've cocked up the spelling of quite a few names.

:rofl:

Back to back defeats and now this?

Morale at an all time low.

:muggy:

So more or less the same as the away kit but with letters horrendous own goal I think.

It's a completely different collar.

They've basically admitted that they've cocked up the spelling of quite a few names.

Be an outrage if some fans have the 180 and are not featured !

I think it's been brought forward after the back to back defeats incase morale does drop.

I'm a bit indifferent as it may look better in the flesh but it seems that there is no actual design to it and is just the away top with our names on it

I'm not sure what sort of design people were expecting from a top with thousands of names on it. Pretty limited in how creative they can be!

I'm not sure what sort of design people were expecting from a top with thousands of names on it. Pretty limited in how creative they can be!

Depends how creative you are.

Was always going to be difficult to execute, but I think it'll look decent on the pitch and from a distance.  Glad they've not got the low collar as well.

Archived