Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

There has definitely been some confusion over the credit/debit card payment charge.

Think it stems from the wish of the club for people to pay by cash or cheque. The club's words, not mine.

A debit card is cash....or am I missing something here ?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, there is a charge to the club for handling debit cards.

"Visa has already announced its new interchange rates for UK debit cards to its members ? 0.2% of transaction value + 1 pence per transaction (capped at a total of 50p) for chip and pin transactions. These changes will take effect as of 1 March 2015. "

For a transaction of above ?245, the charge is 50p.

Just seen this...cheers.

Actually, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, there is a charge to the club for handling debit cards.

"Visa has already announced its new interchange rates for UK debit cards to its members ? 0.2% of transaction value + 1 pence per transaction (capped at a total of 50p) for chip and pin transactions. These changes will take effect as of 1 March 2015. "

For a transaction of above ?245, the charge is 50p.

The club is perfectly happy for us to use debit cards, cash or cheques to pay for seasons. None of these methods is totally free from bank charges but they are far preferable to using credit cards.

MrWinningSmith

When do Hearts release the seats people haven't renewed? 

skinnybob72

Rod Petrie has announced that Hibs also hope to sell 10,000 tickets. Over the whole season, including away fans.....

When do Hearts release the seats people haven't renewed? 

Thursday 11th of June but that's only to the people have already bought tickets and are looking to move seats. Then on Monday 15th all remaining seats are on sale but Phase 2 prices will be in place.

I back why the club has wanted non-credit card payments but it could have made things clearer.

1. What is the charge per transaction and adding that extra charge as a voluntary extra payment to the season ticket price. If it is 50p or anything under a fiver I am sure most people would pay it as taking cash out of a credit card carries extra and high charges

2. Confirming the 'phased' release of credit card funds and what impact, if any, that would have on the club

3. That this was a credit card issue not a debit card one.

Hungry hippo

Debit card payments do not go directly to the club and are subject to the terms of the agreement with their merchant provider.

For those paying by credit card, have a look at your accounts as a lot of card providers offer zero percent on bank transfers for a small initial charge.

Can then take the cash out your bank account and have usually 6 - 12 months on zero interest to pay it back. Would be cheaper than just using the credit card unless you have zero percent on purchases.

Just an idea.

FarmerTweedy

I back why the club has wanted non-credit card payments but it could have made things clearer.

1. What is the charge per transaction and adding that extra charge as a voluntary extra payment to the season ticket price. If it is 50p or anything under a fiver I am sure most people would pay it as taking cash out of a credit card carries extra and high charges

2. Confirming the 'phased' release of credit card funds and what impact, if any, that would have on the club

3. That this was a credit card issue not a debit card one.

1. The club said about ?40k was saved last year by only around a third of season tickets being paid for using credit cards instead of the more typical two thirds. Given we sold around 12,500 season tickets, the charge per sale would appear to be just under a tenner. I've no idea how easy it would be to add an extra tenner as a discretionary payment, I guess it shouldn't be too difficult as restaurants, etc, seem to be able to handle it without too much difficulty, but see the reply to point 2.

2. The club have explained on a number of occasions, in fact every time they've made the request for people to pay by a method other than credit cards, that the money from credit card sales is only released to the club bit by bit as games are played. I'm not sure what would become clearer if they were to repeat that information yet again. The fact that the money is released in this way is a good argument for not making it an option to pay by credit card and add an extra amount to cover the fee. If the club did that, lots of people would probably just choose to do that for their own convenience and forget or ignore the issue of phased release of funds.

3. I agree with your point here, I've not read or heard mention from the club of how debit card payments suit them. It would be helpful if they clarified that.

THIRABHESES

1. The club said about ?40k was saved last year by only around a third of season tickets being paid for using credit cards instead of the more typical two thirds. Given we sold around 12,500 season tickets, the charge per sale would appear to be just under a tenner. I've no idea how easy it would be to add an extra tenner as a discretionary payment, I guess it shouldn't be too difficult as restaurants, etc, seem to be able to handle it without too much difficulty, but see the reply to point 2.

2. The club have explained on a number of occasions, in fact every time they've made the request for people to pay by a method other than credit cards, that the money from credit card sales is only released to the club bit by bit as games are played. I'm not sure what would become clearer if they were to repeat that information yet again. The fact that the money is released in this way is a good argument for not making it an option to pay by credit card and add an extra amount to cover the fee. If the club did that, lots of people would probably just choose to do that for their own convenience and forget or ignore the issue of phased release of funds.

3. I agree with your point here, I've not read or heard mention from the club of how debit card payments suit them. It would be helpful if they clarified tCc

Credit card charges vary from card to card , thats why nobody accepts Amex . Different merchants have different rates , obviously pubs deal in small amounts car dealers [eg] deal in thousands . Not sure but I thought debit card charges were the same for any transaction , used to be about 40-60p . Can't really see a problem with debit card payments don't think I've even got a cheque book

Suppose the club has its own challenges with credit worthiness and may have different charges or otherwise for debit card payments

Its been very clear the club asked for cash or cheque where possible.

davemclaren

Suppose the club has its own challenges with credit worthiness and may have different charges or otherwise for debit card payments

Chargeback applies to debit cards so, if Hearts were unable to deliver the goods or service you could get your money back as long as it is within 120 days of purchase. Given our financial record it could be that banks are holding back some of the money on that basis. This is speculation on my part.

Hungry hippo

Exactly. The current terms will not be great with the merchant provider given our recent credit history. This is why debit card payments aren't ideal at present.

Credit card charges vary from card to card , thats why nobody accepts Amex . Different merchants have different rates , obviously pubs deal in small amounts car dealers [eg] deal in thousands . Not sure but I thought debit card charges were the same for any transaction , used to be about 40-60p . Can't really see a problem with debit card payments don't think I've even got a cheque book

The story with debit cards are they are now introducing % charge against each transaction. Cardsafe(one of the big boys) is charging my company 0.4% per transaction as opposed to 16p before. You are correct re various charges on different c.cards and also on Amex(rip-off for the merchant, good for the cardholder). The further problem with C.C.'s is the varying types of card. Some of these are classed as European cards and they will charge a further 10% over and above the 1-2% they would normally charge. When  queried this charge and asked about how I identify these cards I was told to check the phone number on the card. That is the only way!!

So what the club have done by asking for an alternative payment method is a piece of prudent business sense.

Gorgie_Rules

Anybody know if we will be able to use etickets to move seats during the moving peroid or will this only be possible by phone or visiting the ticket office?

Just renewed mine and my daughters at ticket office, steady stream of people renewing

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Only 96 left on etickets

Double figures at this stage is pretty brilliant actually.

Anybody know if we will be able to use etickets to move seats during the moving peroid or will this only be possible by phone or visiting the ticket office?

I would imagine you could only do it via the ticket office direct.

Just renewed my ticket an my sons in the gorgie. Not many s.t seats left to be honest so should be pretty full again next season.

Tynie-Tempah

I asked about this today and they said phone or visit ticket office. also purely done on first come first serve basis

Dalkeith Jambo

Renewed for me and my daughter today. Can't wait for the new season!

For those paying by credit card, have a look at your accounts as a lot of card providers offer zero percent on bank transfers for a small initial charge.

Can then take the cash out your bank account and have usually 6 - 12 months on zero interest to pay it back. Would be cheaper than just using the credit card unless you have zero percent on purchases.

Just an idea.

That can (negatively) effect your credit score, withdrawing cash on credit cards.  

Another 2 renewed today though, and a couple of kids away strips bought (tenner each, rude not to).

That can (negatively) effect your credit score, withdrawing cash on credit cards.

Another 2 renewed today though, and a couple of kids away strips bought (tenner each, rude not to).

Yip, but meant transferring to your current account and then withdraw it from there. This should not impact credit rating unless you default. Obviously not giving advice just options for folk that want to pay cash but need to use their credit card.

Tommy Brown

Surely the club would not want too many cash transactions.

Do banks not charge companies when banking cash?

Causes security problems too, I would imagine.

Jambof3tornado

Too much worry about cash cheques credit cards etc. Its all bums on seats. The more the merrier.

CRWJambo1991

If we aren't to purchase a season ticket what's the chances of getting a just a normal match day ticket?

If we aren't to purchase a season ticket what's the chances of getting a just a normal match day ticket?

Not great for big games.

I hope we are not going to be disappointed at the amount of STs sold.

There is no guarantee that the seats sold in the Roseburn stand have gone to NEW season ticket holders and not just existing ST holders who fancied a change of seat. Only a few days left in Phase One now so we will soon know. 

I would not expect too many sales in Phase Two as not many people would wish to the pay higher price imo.

There is no guarantee that the seats sold in the Roseburn stand have gone to NEW season ticket holders and not just existing ST holders who fancied a change of seat. Only a few days left in Phase One now so we will soon know. 

I would not expect too many sales in Phase Two as not many people would wish to the pay higher price imo.[/quote

FarmerTweedy

I would not expect too many sales in Phase Two as not many people would wish to the pay higher price imo.

We usually sell quite a lot in phase 2. There's always plenty of folk who leave it till then for one reason or another.

FarmerTweedy

I think as long as we have a reasonably good season on the park, we'll be selling out almost every game.  There probably won't be a problem if you buy reasonably soon after tickets go on sale for individual games, but I think it may well be the case that if people want or need to leave it till within a day or two of a game to get a ticket, they'll not be able to get their hands on one.  Time will tell, of course!

90 left and will have gone by Wednesday, the deadline for phase 1 pricing.

Remember that people who transfer to the Roseburn have already had their old seats sold on the system; they go as soon as they become available

Reshuffle then and I expect about 800 vacated by people who don't renew.

These will all sell by Aug 1 imho.

1,200 home tickets then available for teams that only sell one section of the Roseburn

500 for Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell

none for Aberdeen or Celtic

fabienleclerq

It doesn't matter how many in the roseburn are new we've sold 10000 St and it's only the start of June.

I quite like the idea that if people want to see the famous Heart of Midlothian, they'll have to get an away ticket at Motherwell or Ross County, because all the other options will be sold out

90 left and will have gone by Wednesday, the deadline for phase 1 pricing.

Remember that people who transfer to the Roseburn have already had their old seats sold on the system; they go as soon as they become available

Reshuffle then and I expect about 800 vacated by people who don't renew.

These will all sell by Aug 1 imho.

1,200 home tickets then available for teams that only sell one section of the Roseburn

500 for Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell

none for Aberdeen or Celtic

If the highlighted part is correct then that is good news . I did not realize that.

I'm not usually negative just cautious.

We usually sell quite a lot in phase 2. There's always plenty of folk who leave it till then for one reason or another.

PHM will buy their tickets in phase 2 to give the club more money.

PHM will buy their tickets in phase 2 to give the club more money.

Never looked at it like that. 

Now I am a NPHM  :shame:

scott herbertson

I think luckydog is reight - it's a fantastic achievement to have sold 10,000 by now and I'd expect us to get to 12000 fairly comfortably - it will be that last 1,000 -1,500 that will be tougher and I expect some of those will be snapped up if we make some good pre-seasson signings. I am sure this is the strategy and we can look forward to good news on a regular basis from now on until season start

Its great to be a HM these days, including both HM and PHM in that category

Radio Ga Ga

Forgive me if this has been asked earlier in the thread, does the ticket office open on a Sunday? I can't see any times on the Hearts offficial website and would like to nip in today to renew five if it is open

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Forgive me if this has been asked earlier in the thread, does the ticket office open on a Sunday? I can't see any times on the Hearts offficial website and would like to nip in today to renew five if it is open

Normally just if there's a game on, or exceptional circumstances.

Archived