Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Cast No Shadow

The point was raised in relation to travelling support not success. Don't backtrack.

The fact they have been shite for years and can still take larger numbers kind of points to them being a bigger club tho....

Erm, certainly not in my lifetime they haven't.

Indeed, they had their best season for over a decade last year and still averaged less than United: thanks for playing anyway.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambos are go!

I was thinking of relocating on Thursday prior to going on holiday on Friday. I take it that is now ruled out given extra time has been given for renewal. I'll live.

Hot since 86

Erm, certainly not in my lifetime they haven't.

Indeed, they had their best season for over a decade last year and still averaged less than United: thanks for playing anyway.

You need to spend less time on pie and bovril nicking other posters patter and more time at games mate.

Absolutely gutted not to be getting a ST for the umpteenth season in a row due to work. Looks like it'll be bloody hRd to now even get a ticket for a run of the mill match :sob:

hopefully can pick a ticket up from season ticket holders unable to go

Hearts can do more here or you could ask via JKB?

Cast No Shadow

You need to spend less time on pie and bovril nicking other posters patter and more time at games mate.

That's standard internet patter, champ.

Oh, and I do go to games and erm, it's not the 1970s anymore.

Aye but think of all the burgers you can eat :rofl:

:rofl::isee:

fabienleclerq

Is this bunter? Only reason I ask is the use of champ!

Unknown user

Beast-like post, imo.

It was a fair question, it might not be obvious to the younger fans, Dundee have always been the bigger club.

United are decades younger and started as a minority representation team- they even used to be called Dundee Hibernian, what more proof should be needed?

Dundee's active fanbase has dwindled in recent years to be fair though, they've been awful for decades with just the occasional blip, but it's still true to say Dundee are traditionally the big team in Dundee.

Hot since 86

it makes you sound like a twat, only trying to do you a favour by pointing it out. I don't know what the 70's has to do with anything, my username should tell you I wasn't even born then.

I was thinking of relocating on Thursday prior to going on holiday on Friday. I take it that is now ruled out given extra time has been given for renewal. I'll live.

Hearts have confirmed the moving period is still on as scheduled

It was a fair question, it might not be obvious to the younger fans, Dundee have always been the bigger club.

United are decades younger and started as a minority representation team- they even used to be called Dundee Hibernian, what more proof should be needed?

Dundee's active fanbase has dwindled in recent years to be fair though, they've been awful for decades with just the occasional blip, but it's still true to say Dundee are traditionally the big team in Dundee.

yes, Leeds United are a bigger club than Hull or Southampton

Cast No Shadow

Simply laughable, I'm affraid.

Just because Dundee were the bigger side 40 or more years ago does not mean that is the case now. Especially since United outperform them in more or less every single criteria.

Hot since 86

Just because Dundee were the bigger side 40 or more years ago does not mean that is the case now. You're talking two whole generations ago.

I am reliably informed we will be publishing away supports this coming season. ?50 charity bet on Dundee averaging more than UTD per game ?

Hot since 86

Just because Dundee were the bigger side 40 or more years ago does not mean that is the case now. You're talking two whole generations ago.

doubler

JamboHeriot

Would love this thread to be exclusively covering our season ticket sales myself.

Hot since 86

Would love this thread to be exclusively covering our season ticket sales myself.

Im in the Roseburn mate, yourself?

CastNoShadow being a wee bit nippy cos others have a different view? Thanks for playing? Laugh a minute?

Quite impolite with it. Why can't we agree to disagree on KB without feelin the need to be dickish with it?

Just my tuppenceworth...

ps love you all xx

Pretty sure there is no interest on the 4 months deal but you pay a ?20 admin charge, so ?370 rather than ?350, im assuming you will pay the admin charge for the 10 month deal too?

No, no admin charge on the 10 month deal.

ToadKiller Dog

Mind that report some university did must be around 10 years ago claimed there was around 400,000 people who would claim to support or have an interest in Hearts . Had all the other scottish and English clubs .

Claimed we were in the top 20 clubs in UK for potential support I think .

Is it still around ?

sunblestjambo

CastNoShadow being a wee bit nippy cos others have a different view? Thanks for playing? Laugh a minute?

Quite impolite with it. Why can't we agree to disagree on KB without feelin the need to be dickish with it?

Just my tuppenceworth...

ps love you all xx

He's a lover not a fighter!

Is there a reason why people are arguing about which of the Dundee sides are bigger, on a thread about our season ticket sales?

jimmyjambo

No, no admin charge on the 10 month deal.

Didn't realise that, so the 10 month deal is only an extra tenner than the 4 month deal.

Is there a reason why people are arguing about which of the Dundee sides are bigger, on a thread about our season ticket sales?

the alignment of the planets with the moon entering an unusual phase combined with the post 2012 apologetic phase (the world didn't end thingy) has led to people at a loose end using the interweb for release

otherwise known as arguing for the sake of it

it seems to be dying down now but who knows

Despite the club asking for people to email them if they're not renewing, I assume they're still gonna release unrenewed seats after tomorrow otherwise there won't be any more availability for new purchases.

Did I miss that in the statement?

Despite the club asking for people to email them if they're not renewing, I assume they're still gonna release unrenewed seats after tomorrow otherwise there won't be any more availability for new purchases.

Did I miss that in the statement?

no, its not clear at all

And unless they release unsold seats on Thursday there will be no where to move to

Can someone please clarify....

I want to move my seat and my sons two rows down from where we are just now. Is it Thursday at 9am I can do this??

Also, my old man's coming back after a 7 year absence, when can he buy his as he wants one next to us!

Brilliant mate. Hope you and the wee man have a great season as ST holders. Bet he's chuffed!!

...although, upon reflection, you've confirmed that YOU'VE got a ST, but not the wee man. Is he in too?

cheers mate. Proud of myself. And at ?50 of course the wee man is coming!

Didn't realise that, so the 10 month deal is only an extra tenner than the 4 month deal.

Y3p, I was going to go for the 4 month one but thought I'd be as well going for the 10 because of there being so little difference

no, its not clear at all

And unless they release unsold seats on Thursday there will be no where to move to

Exactly. I presume they're just extending the phase one pricing and not the renewal period, but haven't managed to articulate that very well.

Footballfirst

Can someone please clarify....

I want to move my seat and my sons two rows down from where we are just now. Is it Thursday at 9am I can do this??

Also, my old man's coming back after a 7 year absence, when can he buy his as he wants one next to us!

Thursday at 9am as you say to move seats.

Your old man can buy anywhere until 5pm tomorrow, then move at the same time as you.

Alternatively he will have to wait until Monday and see what is available then, but with no guarantee he will end up beside you, unless you wait until Monday to move yourself.

jimmyjambo

Y3p, I was going to go for the 4 month one but thought I'd be as well going for the 10 because of there being so little difference

Cheers, if I had of known I would have done the same,was going to go for the 4 month initially, then when I seen the ?20 admin charge ( there's 2 of us so that's ?40) I decided against it and just paid up front.

Radio Ga Ga

Exactly. I presume they're just extending the phase one pricing and not the renewal period, but haven't managed to articulate that very well.

Yes, the date for existing season ticket holders to renew their seats expires tomorrow at 5.00PM, any seats not renewed will then be released for general sale at Phase 1 prices.

Yes, the date for existing season ticket holders to renew their seats expires tomorrow at 5.00PM, any seats not renewed will then be released for general sale at Phase 1 prices.

So what about the moving seat part???

Radio Ga Ga

So what about the moving seat part???

Any seats not renewed by tomorrow at 5.00PM will then become available to move to from 9.00AM on Thursday or sold to new season ticket holders, basically, there will be more dots freed up on Thursday, perhaps Clerry will give us an update on Thursday morning :-)

Imeantasong

combined with the post 2012 apologetic phase (the world didn't end thingy)

It did for some :)

FarmerTweedy

No extra time has been given for renewals, all that's happening is that when season tickets go back on sale on Monday after the moving period, the first couple of days are still going to be at phase one prices to give folk who want to buy just now, but can't because seats aren't available, the chance to buy on Monday or Tuesday at the lower price when more seats have been freed up.

cheers mate. Proud of myself. And at ?50 of course the wee man is coming!

Good stuff. Those ?50 bairns tickets are absolutely brilliant. As other have said tho, I wish Hearts had staggered the pricing as the bairns grow. My laddie is 13 this year so his was ?200! Bit of a jump eh!! Still, a minor complaint. We've had a couple of years of the ?50 ticket so I cannie complain!!

Enjoy the ride next season mate ;-)

FarmerTweedy

Any seats not renewed by tomorrow at 5.00PM will then become available to move to from 9.00AM on Thursday or sold to new season ticket holders, basically, there will be more dots freed up on Thursday, perhaps Clerry will give us an update on Thursday morning :-)

After Wednesday, there will be no sales till Monday, so Clerry will be able to have a few days rest before he gets to work on Monday morning.

Bazzas right boot

Based on the uptake, I'm wondering if we under valued our tickets and may have lost out on some money.

I paid ?300 for mine, would probably have felt the same way of paying upwards to about ?330-350 before I moaned, under 12's @?50, would something like ?80 caused that much of a outcry?

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

A sell out is good, but could cost us a wee bit of money in terms of ticket sales although a sold out stadium, of course has other commercial advantages as well as footballing ones.

willie wallace

No extra time has been given for renewals, all that's happening is that when season tickets go back on sale on Monday after the moving period, the first couple of days are still going to be at phase one prices to give folk who want to buy just now, but can't because seats aren't available, the chance to buy on Monday or Tuesday at the lower price when more seats have been freed up.

Now i understand :2thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

Hibs cheapest adult ticket was ?335 and Rangers ?312.  Hearts cheapest was ?280.

As many get paid mid month it's a nice idea giving a small extension on phase 1 prices. Well done

Gorgie_Rules

Just to clarify for those wondering....

All current available seats (under 50 of them left) are able to be purchased up until tomorrow 5pm.

From Thursday to Sunday anyone who has purchased a season ticket can move seats to any seat that has not been taken up as a renewal, or to any of the unsold seats mentioned above.

From Monday, all seats that are not taken after the moving peroid will be available to purchase, with the prices remaining the same as phase 1 for Monday and Tuesday only due to the demand.

From next Wednesday the Phase 2 prices will be charged.

If you know for certain you cannot renew your current season ticket, it would be good if you could email the club to let them know to help out other fans that are looking to move

Based on the uptake, I'm wondering if we under valued our tickets and may have lost out on some money.

I paid ?300 for mine, would probably have felt the same way of paying upwards to about ?330-350 before I moaned, under 12's @?50, would something like ?80 caused that much of a outcry?

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

A sell out is good, but could cost us a wee bit of money in terms of ticket sales although a sold out stadium, of course has other commercial advantages as well as footballing ones.

All our platinum seats more than fifty percent of the wheatfield are ?440 though.

No real need for people not renewing to contact club if their seats become available for moving on Thursday.

How many season tickets did we sell last season?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder if most people moving from other stands to the Roseburn are vacating seats very near the front. They could be the majority of seats that will become available but with the optimism around the club I'm sure they will go no bother.

Archived